FranzLiszt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FranzLiszt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Traps overdeveloped

I think my traps are too big comparing to the size of my delts. What exercises should I avoid doing not to acentuate this problem? I don't want my traps to get bigger...
    What are the best exercises to develop the upper chest?
    Thanks

Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000) Fudog1138 is just really nice. (+1000)
    DB and BB Inc presses reign as king. Closing movements such as flyes, cross-over cables standing and on a flat bench are good finishers. Mix those up with push ups (shoulder width).

Reps 8-12.

Deadlifts are big for trap usage. They help in several other lifts as well, but for compounds their it. I wouldn't reccomend stopping them. Just my opinion. I'd shoot for building up my shoulders more by doing shoulder presses (BB, DB, Smith).
    Rear raise, side raise (DB and cable) are great to build up the delts. Don't heave the weight. Lift it slow and controlled. Front raises are a great mass builder for the front delts, but if you do inc pressing then your already smoking them in those lifts.
    Go for a good burn. I shoot for 12-15 on those excercises, but you may want to experiment. Everyone is different.

Best of luck,
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Sometimes, Preliminary Research makes sense..... ---> A search is a terrible thing to waste!

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Re: Traps overdeveloped

Originally posted by FranzLiszt
    I think my traps are too big comparing to the size of my delts. What exercises should I avoid doing not to acentuate this problem? I don't want my traps to get bigger...
    What are the best exercises to develop the upper chest?
    Thanks
    dont stop just keep going it should all even out in the end make sure your delt training methods are in check post what you do for them...

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Only a few of the IFBB pros have overdeveloped areas.

The rest of us have underdeveloped areas.
    I'm back. For good.

nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nosliw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by BigTraps
    Only a few of the IFBB pros have overdeveloped areas.

The rest of us have underdeveloped areas.
    lol what are you talking about your traps touch your ears

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by nosliw
    lol what are you talking about your traps touch your ears
    Haha, but my "upper" chest touches my chin so it is allright.
    I'm back. For good.

Shutup and lift...bitches Wheelies's Avatar
    Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wheelies is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always read how your traps are huge and obviously your screen name "bigtraps", but never have seen a trap shot, lets see it. Preferably a flexed and non flexed just to make sure you arent just saying they are big when they are flexed. This isnt a ******* post,not doggin you, just wanna see why they call you BIg traps.

You can take a look at my picture thread - the lighting is terrible as it states...feel free to post any comments/concerns you have there and keep it on topic here.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=139158
    I'm back. For good.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    doesn't that a shape piss you off big traps, whenever I try to wear a slightly dressy shirt, it hangs off my traps over my shoulders.

Originally posted by Retardo-pex
    doesn't that a shape piss you off big traps, whenever I try to wear a slightly dressy shirt, it hangs off my traps over my shoulders.
    I like that look lol.
    I'm back. For good.

brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000) brandon194 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your traps aren't overdeveloped. Trust me my traps grow like crazy (600lbs on the hammer strength shrug machine for reps and unusual insertion points) so I stopped directly working them for a while. Now I wish I hadn't. Traps, Back, and triceps are what makes a person appear big or thick when wearing a shirt.

Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000) Jesin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    cry me a river, wish my traps were "overdeveloped"
    Team Scivation

"The beauty of understanding how to defeat pain is recognizing that it does exist" - Ray Lewis

"The gym is my personal practice field where i dominate and win, and when I walk out those doors, I take my skills to the grand show of life" - Dwayne Johnson

Journal -
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=632957613&posted=1#post632957613[/url]

Location: Walsall, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Dog_Divine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by brandon194
    Your traps aren't overdeveloped. Trust me my traps grow like crazy (600lbs on the hammer strength shrug machine for reps and unusual insertion points) so I stopped directly working them for a while. Now I wish I hadn't. Traps, Back, and triceps are what makes a person appear big or thick when wearing a shirt.
    bump. at first i thort traps look out of proportion until i saw myself running on a treadmill and looked in the mirror. let me tell u it looked like differernt person. my t shirt was quite loose but it was tite over my upper body. my chest bulged, the shoulders looked wide and traps just finished it off to perfection. get ur traps as big as they will go and the rest of ya will catch up soon enuff.

J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000) J.S.B. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by BigTraps
    You can take a look at my picture thread - the lighting is terrible as it states...feel free to post any comments/concerns you have there and keep it on topic here.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=139158
    Lookin' good bro! I don't go to the pics forum, I'd rather have a pic of my own to have up there before I post any comments on others. One of these days.....I'm a bit paranoid about the net.

At 6'3'' and your age, in a couple years, you'll be a beast.
    It's tough to pack it on at that height. Props, looks like you're movin' right along.

nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nArKeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love my big traps . Especially when you ben over to tie your shoe or something and wham, the two hunks of muscle pop out.

Originally posted by J.S.B.
    Lookin' good bro! I don't go to the pics forum, I'd rather have a pic of my own to have up there before I post any comments on others. One of these days.....I'm a bit paranoid about the net.

At 6'3'' and your age, in a couple years, you'll be a beast.
    It's tough to pack it on at that height. Props, looks like you're movin' right along.
    Thanks man.
    I'm back. For good.

MuScLeCrEaTuRe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

traps

i wish i had overdeveloped traps i cant get mine to freakin grow!
    Lift to live, Live to lift

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Re: traps

Originally posted by MuScLeCrEaTuRe
    i wish i had overdeveloped traps i cant get mine to freakin grow!
    mine have jumped lately since i started partial o lifts in the last 4 weeks... try them

MuScLeCrEaTuRe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: traps

Originally posted by scott_donald
    mine have jumped lately since i started partial o lifts in the last 4 weeks... try them
    you mean partial shrugs or just partial lifts in general?
    Lift to live, Live to lift

Re: Re: Re: traps

Originally posted by MuScLeCrEaTuRe
    you mean partial shrugs or just partial lifts in general?
    power clean
    hang clean
    hang clean and press

as well as on shoulder day shrugs...