notamethhead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Semi new to lifting, advice appreciated.

So I'm kinda new to lifting, did it a bit in the past but ate bad. I started a MyFitnessPal which is going good. Can't post it here..

On the website it says at this rate I'm going to lose weight but this is totally not what I want, basically I want to gain weight through bulking then shred to something like 14-15 bf? do I need more calories? Carbs? I did get quite a bit of protein (170 grams) but to my knowledge I only need maximum 1g protein per lb of body weight and am going for 0.85-1g/lb...

I weigh 140lbs, unsure of bf% exactly but have photos on my profile. I just put 20%.
    Yesterday (first day of eating like this) I basically consumed:

Calories - 2,051
    Carbs - 176
    Fat - 105
    Protein - 171g
    Sodium - 120
    Sugar - 34g

Anything I can change with this? What would you recommend. I think obviously more carbs less protein but I'll see what the scale says within a weeks time. I am feeling fat as **** though right now. So much milk I've never consumed before, used to hate it but now I'm drinking 2-3 cups of 3.25% homogenized every morning.

THANKS! Also check out myfitnesspall in sig to see what I all eat.

Also for goals:

Looking to bulk up to maybe like 155-160 though 160lbs may be a bit too high, cuz I plan to be at a pretty low bodyfat % after time. Anyone know what I'm at now?
    Last edited by notamethhead; 12-07-2013 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/fromrussiawiththelovebone

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calories seem like they're going to be far too low.
    I'd suggest you start around the 2,500 range at least.

For your macronutrients set protein to .8g/lb and fat to .4g/lb (these are simply minimums)
    After this compose your remaining caloric intake of whatever combination of macronutrients you prefer and use a balanced diet that will assist you in meeting micronutrient needs as well.

Here is a quick/simple step-by-step guide.
    BULKING
    -Calculate TDEE/MACRO needs HERE
    -Eat at a 10-20% surplus
    -Compose your diet of foods you enjoy that help you meet calorie/macronutrient/micronutrient needs
    -Maintain your calorie level for 3-4 weeks to allow proper adjustment and then monitor your weight fluctuations weekly/bi-weekly (aim for .5-1lb/week weight gain) and adjust your calorie intake accordingly.
    -Pair this with a proper workout program (preferably selected from the WORKOUT PROGRAMS SECTION) and you’ll see results

Also be sure to read THIS THREAD to learn the basic aspects of nutrition
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) StriveForGold has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by notamethhead View Post
    shred to something like 14-15 bf?
    That is nowhere near shredded, brah. Anyway, lift hard and eat 10-20% above maintenance calories.

jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go to stickies , calculate tdee( maintence cals) , eat 10 percent below that

InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jbu22 View Post
    go to stickies , calculate tdee( maintence cals) , eat 10 percent below that
    Why would he eat 10% below TDEE when he is trying to gain weight?
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

â–¬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) â–¬

Thanks for all the help will read all the stickies when I get home I plan to go to the gym tonight, at least for a bit of cardio, I quit smoking 3 days ago so getting fresh lungs back are nice.

Yeah I want to gain weight, but not too much. I want to be Zyzz's shape, just a bit smaller. My girlfriend thinks thats gross but I think it's ideal, I know it's not always about aesthetics and that **** but basically I want better strength, physique, while staying a bit small and not too huge whatsoever. Those are my goals I am trying to attain.

Also wondering if they can check my BF% at the YMCA later?..

Thanks for all the help will read all the stickies when I get home I plan to go to the gym tonight, at least for a bit of cardio, I quit smoking 3 days ago so getting fresh lungs back are nice.

Yeah I want to gain weight, but not too much. I want to be Zyzz's shape, just a bit smaller. My girlfriend thinks thats gross but I think it's ideal, I know it's not always about aesthetics and that **** but basically I want better strength, physique, while staying a bit small and not too huge whatsoever. Those are my goals I am trying to attain.

Also wondering if they can check my BF% at the YMCA later?..
    Pairing proper nutrition with an established workout program is not going to get you "huge", I'm assuming you're referencing physiques of professional "bodybuilders", if this is the case you have nothing to worry about.
    You'd have to be supplementing with much more than proper nutrition and the products you find in the store on this site to reach a size like that.

If you're looking for a BF% estimate post a current picture or two and we can assist you.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

I tried uploading more photos but it wouldn't let me post a link when creating a thread. The pictures sucked anyways. Going to the gym tomorrow I think they can measure my BF%..

I'll see if I can post some pics. I think there's a built-in uploader somewhere.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't worry about bf%. Just bulk. You're skin & bones.
    Delirious Mutant.

Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    Pretty much this^
    Based on AVI/Stats your BF% is irrelevant. Just start packing on that mass.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    Yes, this is what I want now. Just would be nice to know my starting bf%. I have some fat but I have lost lots of weight these past few 6 months from just unhealthy activities.

More interested in what I need to fix in my diet. More carbs I'm assuming at the moment, don't need as much protein as I have been getting too apparently.

Will check stickies now.

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes, this is what I want now. Just would be nice to know my starting bf%. I have some fat but I have lost lots of weight these past few 6 months from just unhealthy activities.

More interested in what I need to fix in my diet. More carbs I'm assuming at the moment, don't need as much protein as I have been getting too apparently.

Add whatever you like. And 170 protein isn't too much, it's just more than you need.
    Delirious Mutant.