2GetDown2a150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Over Weight Ex Athlete...

So i used to be an athlete. Pretty high level of competitive swimming and Basketball, plus a 5.20 mile time.

Then, academics came along and I got completely screwed over. Stopped exercising completely for the last two years up until June when i realized enough was enough.

Now, I'm 190 and 6'0. Which is actually 20 pounds less than I was in June (June, July, August, September = 20 pounds down just by eating healthier and going to the gym 3-4 times a week for an hour).

However, I'm looking to lose 25 more pounds by December by really ramping up the diet and exercise. Does anyone think that the following is TERRIBLE idea, or that it just might work out well if i sustain it till December?

-> Diet

- 800 calories per day + two full cups of protein shake (80 grams of protein from the shakes)
    - 800 calories + 2 protein shakes = eggs in the early morning (6am), protein shake at 10am, 300 calories of chicken breast at noon, 250 calories of some kind of junk food(4pm), protein shake at 6pm, and soup for dinner (9pm).

-> Excercise

- Twice a day.
    - 6am - 7am = Rigorous weightlifting.
    - 10pm - 11pm = Rigorous Cardio before 6 hours of sleep at night.

My friend told me that it would lead to me losing muscle mass, but I don't see how. People lose muscle mass on starvation diets when their body runs out of fatty acids and glycogen in the liver to burn. I'm not going on a starvation diet.
    I'll be burning my body fat using the muscle I already have and then using the energy from the protein rich diet I eat to fuel my body efficiently and create a massive calorie deficit. Moreover, i'm not taking any supplementary vitamins/drugs to aid the weight loss.

Does anyone think that this could actually work for 20-25 pounds in 6 weeks? Or will I just gain it back the moment I start eating more than a 1000 calories a day, even if i continue to watch my diet after the weight loss? (I plan to go back to eating 1500-2000 calories (40% protein, 20% fat, 40% carbs) after I lose this weight)...

mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think if you figure out your macronutrients and just drop 300 calories off that, keep it rather high on protein and lower on carbs(not totally carbless or you have no energy) keep with the weights and cardio and you will drop pretty good. crash diets never do anything but shock your system and make you gain it back when you come off it. also your protein shakes are calculated into your calories and macronutirients you dont just take them to take them you use them to meet your protein requirements.
    Logs: none currently

previous sponsored logs and reviews can be seen here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158128363

Weight lost to date: 100lbs