Page 32 of 99 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast
    jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cowmooolester93 View Post
    this is a good thread full of fantastic info.

I just started my site literally tonight. It's between my buddy and I. I think we are going to have a lot of fun doing it. If we have a lil niche following thats pretty cool, if we blow up to a decent size , thats cool too. Either way im excited we finally started. I'm building the site manually because **** wordpress thats why. I have a date in mind when I want the site to be live and it should be ready by then.

edit so I know i just said **** wordpress but i think the answer to this question is wordpress but since im new to this im not sure. How do I have multiple pages ?? Like i want a tab to go into an about us or a certain section of the site how would I do it ?? I know how to build a button in html/css but how do i build where it will head ??
    side dashboard, page--> add new

or the top admin bar: +new page

edit: didn't see people answered already

CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CodeMajic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jetnut View Post
    im HONESTLY thinking about looking for someone to help me with content on my website, theres just so much **** to be posted and i cant keep up between college, work, gym, girlfriend and this :/
    dude your site is looking thick solid tight etc...mirin
    Self-Proclaimed comedian on the quest for knowledge, currency, and aesthetics.

St Jude donation thread. PM me with donation link for reps...
    http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Hours/Hours?px=2218992&pg=personal&fr_id=18020

~Calisthenics Only Crew~
    OllllllO JeepBrah Crew OlllllllO
    Instagram @blayde_a I follow back :D

jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CodeMajic View Post
    dude your site is looking thick solid tight etc...mirin
    thanks brah, im trying really hard. I need some content writers though.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you wanna breathe, then you'll be successful."- Eric Thomas
    Aspiring CEO 10K/Day

rapes, always

woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im HONESTLY thinking about looking for someone to help me with content on my website, theres just so much **** to be posted and i cant keep up between college, work, gym, girlfriend and this :/
    would be a good idea especially since you have a gaming site where different perspectives/opinions are usually needed

moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000) moosecakes4all is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just take it slow, there's no hurry.
    I ALWAYS rep back, just leave a link to one of your posts in the rep comment.

jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would be willing to supply PC game reviews for you. They will obviously be written with my website in mind first, but I wouldn't mind letting you post them and maybe leave a link to my site on the page. I want to have a Payday 2 and Ducktales PC reviews up next week. Also, following your site on Twitter now. Will like on FB when I get that up and running properly. Also thinking about doing Let's Play type videos for our Youtube channel, and you could certainly link those up when I get those up.

rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A little trick I used for some free content once was go into forums where people love the particular niche of interest. I would start a topic saying "Give your honest review of ____". Some people would write essays. Copy paste and you have your new article. it's a tad bit unethical but you technically lose all rights to the content you write when you put it on another person's forum.

There's plenty of forums where people review games. Try to find legit writers there or go my unethical route.

However, before you can expect people to want to legitimately add content to your website for free, you must have a decently established site. No one wants to write content for a site that just started.

EDIT: ten minutes out from finishing step 6... its a bit lengthier than I wanted. I just want it over with so I can write the real fun stuff... SEO strategies in step 7
    Stop talking about CEO'ing 10k/day and start trying to CEO 10k/day.
    The how-to guide and journey to start in Internet Marketing / Niche Website Creation is here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155399353

jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetnut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jfcundiff View Post
    I would be willing to supply PC game reviews for you. They will obviously be written with my website in mind first, but I wouldn't mind letting you post them and maybe leave a link to my site on the page. I want to have a Payday 2 and Ducktales PC reviews up next week. Also, following your site on Twitter now. Will like on FB when I get that up and running properly. Also thinking about doing Let's Play type videos for our Youtube channel, and you could certainly link those up when I get those up.
    interesting man, im gonna think about it, i guess it wouldnt hurt for neither of us.

as far as youtube video goes, i dont think it would work out because if im sponsored by the gaming company in brazil i would have to make my own gaming videos, but im sure we can FOR SURE game together and record at the same time. what do you think?

Originally Posted by rblgenius View Post
    A little trick I used for some free content once was go into forums where people love the particular niche of interest. I would start a topic saying "Give your honest review of ____". Some people would write essays. Copy paste and you have your new article. it's a tad bit unethical but you technically lose all rights to the content you write when you put it on another person's forum.

There's plenty of forums where people review games. Try to find legit writers there or go my unethical route.

However, before you can expect people to want to legitimately add content to your website for free, you must have a decently established site. No one wants to write content for a site that just started.

EDIT: ten minutes out from finishing step 6... its a bit lengthier than I wanted. I just want it over with so I can write the real fun stuff... SEO strategies in step 7
    i dont wanna risk any type of plagerism... i will honestly tell you that i would do this unethical route for a bit just to put up some content on my site to make it look good. Im just afraid to get screwed later.

WHY did you say you were almost done with step 6? its 2:30 am and i was right about to go to sleep. hahaha now i gotta work on my site more!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you wanna breathe, then you'll be successful."- Eric Thomas
    Aspiring CEO 10K/Day

rapes, always

rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rblgenius is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Step 6: Engage Your Traffic with Email Marketing

This is the sixth step in our journey to creating our niche site and the last step before we start our traffic generation campaign and begin to see traffic flowing to our site. The last step I want to cover before moving into improving the ranking of our niche site is email marketing. In this step, I'll talk about the importance of email lists, how to create a list, and ways to optimize the value of your email list for your niche site.

Importance of Email Lists

Email list generation is usually associated with businesses that wish to build a client base. Emails provide a personal way for businesses to connect with their customers and provide business updates as well as product offers. For a niche site, collecting emails is important and can be even more lucrative than any other direct revenue source on your site.

Why?

Collecting email subscribers allows you to notify readers when you have posted a new article, thereby bringing a flood of visitors back to your website. It's important to not only attract new traffic through a high search engine ranking but also RETAIN the traffic we have already attracted. These repeat visitors not only click on your advertisements, but also solidify loyalty to your brand name.

Furthermore, emails provide an opportunity to connect to your clients when they AREN'T surfing your website. This means you can engage your traffic off your website by promoting offers and sharing affiliate links. It's important to note that you should not flood your email list with frequent or unrelated offers (remember they are signing up to your email list for information about YOUR NICHE, not product XYZ). The best best email marketing campaigns give the readers VALUE. Readers are far more likely to check out the product you are offering via email if they:

1. Trust you.
    2. Think you are an authority on the subject.

By creating a niche site with quality content that ranks high in search engine results, readers automatically assume your site must be the authority on the subject. It's the search engine stamp of approval. By offering quality content that isn't obtusely directed to selling a product, the reader will begin to trust you. To continue the trust relationship between YOU and the READER, you must have some way to reconnect with the reader. Email list is by far the most effective method to accomplish this.

How to Create an Email List

Now that we understand the importance of having a large list for your niche site, it's time for the hard part: creating the list and getting the subscribers.

READ MORE HERE
    The how-to guide and journey to start in Internet Marketing / Niche Website Creation is here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155399353

This is the sixth step in our journey to creating our niche site and the last step before we start our traffic generation campaign and begin to see traffic flowing to our site. The last step I want to cover before moving into improving the ranking of our niche site is email marketing. In this step, I'll talk about the importance of email lists, how to create a list, and ways to optimize the value of your email list for your niche site.

Email list generation is usually associated with businesses that wish to build a client base. Emails provide a personal way for businesses to connect with their customers and provide business updates as well as product offers. For a niche site, collecting emails is important and can be even more lucrative than any other direct revenue source on your site.

Why?

Collecting email subscribers allows you to notify readers when you have posted a new article, thereby bringing a flood of visitors back to your website. It's important to not only attract new traffic through a high search engine ranking but also RETAIN the traffic we have already attracted. These repeat visitors not only click on your advertisements, but also solidify loyalty to your brand name.

Furthermore, emails provide an opportunity to connect to your clients when they AREN'T surfing your website. This means you can engage your traffic off your website by promoting offers and sharing affiliate links. It's important to note that you should not flood your email list with frequent or unrelated offers (remember they are signing up to your email list for information about YOUR NICHE, not product XYZ). The best best email marketing campaigns give the readers VALUE. Readers are far more likely to check out the product you are offering via email if they:

1. Trust you.

By creating a niche site with quality content that ranks high in search engine results, readers automatically assume your site must be the authority on the subject. It's the search engine stamp of approval. By offering quality content that isn't obtusely directed to selling a product, the reader will begin to trust you. To continue the trust relationship between YOU and the READER, you must have some way to reconnect with the reader. Email list is by far the most effective method to accomplish this.

Now that we understand the importance of having a large list for your niche site, it's time for the hard part: creating the list and getting the subscribers.

READ MORE HERE

FUUUUUUUUU tonight i dont sleep
    Aspiring CEO 10K/Day

rapes, always

jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000) jfcundiff is just really nice. (+1000)

Why?

1. Trust you.

READ MORE HERE
    Will read up on this tomorrow.

FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FortySixand2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in for later
    ** Always pick 2nd from last crew **

** Wetbreasts IS making it! **

** Perth Crew **

Rep Perth Brahs on sight // I pass back nomsayin

vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vancityrider is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Briefly read through thread, thinking of giving it a go

Any brahs making $ with their site yet?
    **CANADIAN CREW**

Get ripped, or die trying...

Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hctap is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by vancityrider View Post

Do it brah! It's actually fun!

I've made 24p
    Misc Yes Man Crew

***** Bad-ass Scar Crew *****

06/01/2015: Starting weight: 256lb
    17/01/2015: Current weight: 245lb
    Goal weight: 200lb

MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrMilesy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pretty sure I've seen this exact same thread on another forum, can't remember which one though. Oh well, it's useful information and I hope you all make it.

If anybody wants to post their website I'd be happy to give you some feedback.

seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Signed up with National Geographic and Discovery Channel to be an affiliate. Figured whilst adsense is down for the moment I'd suss out my other avenues.

Originally Posted by vancityrider View Post

Yeah brah, about $50.
    PSN: e_m_a91
    *Traditional Wet Shaving Crew*

*Salvadoreno Blood with an Australian Heart Crew*
    *Viva El Salvador!*

woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) woodsmash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by seembrah View Post
    Signed up with National Geographic and Discovery Channel to be an affiliate. Figured whilst adsense is down for the moment I'd suss out my other avenues.

Yeah brah, about $50.
    Damn would be sweet if you could get them on board as an affiliate, good luck!

jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jakeeck is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Got starbuck's as an affiliate probably not very hard to do but it still makes me excited.. in for step 6 reading a little later

CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Do you have any links to back this up or to read more about it because this is interesting. Also I think you meant someone else thread instead of forum?

What if someone starts an article in a new thread on a forum do they still loose all copy rights?

Also I got my job back but im not taken any chances I don't trust them.

On another note my articles was shared on twitter and fb. Just created a pin interest account. My fb page likes are increasing and reaching 100.
    Son of Zeus, brother of Hercules, and father of aesthetics

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**
    Look up my thread "Miscers in NY"

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) seembrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by woodsmash View Post
    Damn would be sweet if you could get them on board as an affiliate, good luck!
    Haha thanks man. Yeah discovery approved me almost immediately, nat geo is taking a while.

Got another with a company that sells nature magazines for kids, so hopefully that'll appeal to the parents or the kids looking at my site.
    PSN: e_m_a91
    *Traditional Wet Shaving Crew*

*Salvadoreno Blood with an Australian Heart Crew*
    *Viva El Salvador!*

Originally Posted by MrMilesy View Post
    Pretty sure I've seen this exact same thread on another forum, can't remember which one though. Oh well, it's useful information and I hope you all make it.

If anybody wants to post their website I'd be happy to give you some feedback.
    www.pcgamingpro.com

check it out brah
    Aspiring CEO 10K/Day

rapes, always

Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000) Rudem3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ******** is not letting me log into my sites account. It keep saying:

Your account is temporarily locked.
    We don't recognize the device you're using. Please answer a few security questions to keep your account safe.

I reported the issue 4 times now and I still can't get in. I tried on my PC and my phone. I even tried creating a new account with a different email but I can't use the same name I signed up with, aka my website name. WHAT DO

CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CJOrion is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    RBL. What an amazing post, I used all your links! Fantastic!!! I've managed to get my site up and going I currently have a "coming soon" page. I have yet to install Adsense or anything like that, I'm going to work on my content and slowly trickle it in around launch date. I have one problem, I'm not sure if I am doing my SEO's properly?

I will post link once my site is launched (31st Aug).

Also, Brahs does anyone know where you can get some really awesome magazine themes for wordpress? Would appreciate direct links to stable ones.

RBL I will give you my poverty reps!

Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ok guys i have an idea for a much broader niche and i want to run it pass you guys but i also don't want to give it away just yet.

Say I have an idea that involves "What Product are for" with Product being the niche i'm considering. The domain name is available (whatPRODUCTarefor.com) and each article i write would be a different topic.

For instance say my keywords are "What Cars are for" and that is also my domain name. I would write an article on What cars are for sloots, what cars are for alphas, what cars are for betas etc. Is that too broad?
    LOL @ people who follow politics

brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brosenthal91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CJOrion View Post
    RBL. What an amazing post, I used all your links! Fantastic!!! I've managed to get my site up and going I currently have a "coming soon" page. I have yet to install Adsense or anything like that, I'm going to work on my content and slowly trickle it in around launch date. I have one problem, I'm not sure if I am doing my SEO's properly?

I will post link once my site is launched (31st Aug).

Also, Brahs does anyone know where you can get some really awesome magazine themes for wordpress? Would appreciate direct links to stable ones.

RBL I will give you my poverty reps!
    http://my.studiopress.com/themes/magazine/

This is what I am going to use for my website. There are some other options too, my other choice would be the metro theme which looks like this: http://boldanddetermined.com/

Speaking of my site, I plan on purchasing the domain name ASAP, then getting Hostgator. I plan on buying the above wordpress theme, but it's $80 which is fine, but I need to move some money around my accounts so I can't but it yet. My question is there any point in installing a basic wordpress design, if I'm going to install the theme in a few days? Hope that makes sense.

Also, I think we should all try and help each other out. Here are some ideas:

1.) Post links to each other's sites
    2.) Guest posting

I realize that since these are supposed to be niche sites there may not be much room to share websites, but we should try wherever possible.

edit: Bought the domain name. Went to hostgator, but didn't realize I'd be billed for the whole 12 months at once. It's gonna have to wait a few days...
    Last edited by brosenthal91; 08-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I thought of a niche interest, but I'm unable to locate related companies that do affiliate marketing with their products. What do ??
    My Saltwater Reef Aquarium website: www.Reeftology.com
    My Scotch Blog: http://simplyscotches.blogspot.com/

^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^
    misc zombie survival squad: Bravo squad member.
    Super Dinosaur Crew
    -=[$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$]=-
    - Misc Bet Crew -

Gamertag: Court3syFIusher

You want to fukin go m8 ? cowmooolester93's Avatar
    cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000) cowmooolester93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i hope you guys can help answer my question...

When I'm in Aptana buiding my site I can't get the html and the css file to link. so I can use the Css to edit the html. I have no idea why it won't work but its really frustrating.
    I have CF(genetic disease) hence my super small size.

das it mane

SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50) SZarshenas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Step 2: Setting up your First Site with Wordpress (Post 2/2)

STILL UNSURE WHAT TO GET? Here are some main questions you should ask:
    1. Do I plan on selling content via my website (eCommerce) or will I be referring/affiliating?
    2. How many sites do I ultimately see myself creating in the near or not too distant future?
    3. How much am I willing to invest into my website now?

1. YES: You should consider a business plan that offers a private SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). A SSL is essentially a cryptographic link that encrypts data between the user and your site. You notice websites that have these when https:// instead of http:// is in the address bar (see ********, paypal, etc). When a user goes to check out, the data that is inputted is encrypted and can't be snooped on by a man in the middle attack or anyone that might be sniffing packets. NOTE: If you plan on allowing the user to use paypal or Google wallet as a checkout option, you can avoid this extra cost for now. However, if you're already a business making transactions, you should consider starting up your own checkout with a SSL
    NO: Most of you will answer with NO. You will not need a SSL right now. However, keep this information in mind later on in the future.

2. JUST ONE I highly, highly do not recommend this option but for those of you that truly want to just test the water and minimize your start up costs then this option might be for you. You can choose the bare bones "economy" plan for most webhosters that allow you to host only ONE DOMAIN. Don't be fooled though. This is shared hosting which means you will be sharing your website's IP address (yes websites have IP's just like computers) with many other "economy" users like yourself. That also means you will be sharing bandwidth and disk space.
    TWO OR MORE: Again, to test the waters (and have more freedom to create more sites and host more domain), the deluxe/baby plan will be for you. You will still be sharing your IP/SSL as well as bandwidth and disk space but more of it will be available and you are capable of hosting multiple websites.

3. LESS THAN $5 FOR A MONTH For those of you that just want to do a single month plan to test the waters, then the best plan for you will be GoDaddy's economy plan. Find a coupon online for first time buyers from FAT WALLET and apply it there. Keep in mind, you get what you pay for.
    BETWEEN $5 and $8 A MONTH This is the route I will be taking and what I recommend to everyone in this thread. I will be using HostGator's "Baby Plan" with a month to month subscription for $8.
    MORE THAN $8 A MONTH If you already have a solid business idea (or website in place), then this is budget you should be looking at each month. You should be spending around $9 to $11 a month for a private IP/SSL, a private toll number (for people to call you), and unlimited domains bandwidth, space, etc. The "Business Plan" from HostGator is a great choice.

NOTE: ALL OF THESE PLANS ARE SHARED HOSTING. YOU ARE SHARING A DEDICATED COMP WITH OTHER HOSTERS. PLANS DIFFER IN HOSTING SPACE, BANDWIDTH, AND WHETHER YOU HAVE A PRIVATE IP/SSL OR NOT. NOBODY HERE NEEDS A DEDICATED VPS/COMP YET UNLESS YOU ALREADY RECEIVE 500+ VISITORS A DAY

CLIFFS ON WHICH WEB HOSTER TO BUY FROM
    brb you're an idiot for going to cliffs on an important decision such as hosting (this is 90% of the journey's cost!! go read.)
    brb i still want my cliffs, you ******* OP
    brb alright don't complain later then, *******
    brb want quality hosting that is month to month for unlimited domains -- HostGator baby plan
    brb want what OP is doing -- HostGator baby plan
    brb want an annual, cheap plan that comes with a free domain and unlimited websites -- BlueHost plan
    brb want cheapest web hosting (only gonna host 1 domain) -- GoDaddy economy plan (and click here to find coupon)
    brb want business plan for my eCommerce site -- read this whole section. You have lots of choices.
    brb (disclaimer) all links above were affiliate links. google the company if you want non affiliate link.

Step 2.c: Setting up the Hosting and Installing Wordpress

This will take way too long to explain step by step with pictures + words unfortunately. I'm just going to let this video suffice in explaining everything to do:

[WILL EDIT WITH VIDEO ONCE I FINISH RECORDING/EDITING IT. SIT TIGHT]

Step 2.d: Customizing Wordpress and Adding Plugins

I want to talk a little bit about customizing Wordpress and adding plugins before I show you how to do these things.

First off, what are plugins? Wordpress has a unique functionality called "Plugins" which allows you to essentially download from the Wordpress repository various scripts that can perform all kinds of important functions. For example, let's say you want to have an "OPT IN" option for people to submit their emails on your website. There are hundreds of plugins you can choose from that you can simply one click install within your dashboard. The ease in choosing plugins, installing them, and activating their functionality all can happen instantly. No having to learn how to code in HTML/CSS/PHP to have your website perform a particular function/action.

Here is a list of "BAREBONES" plugins that I will be using. Keep in mind, we can always expand and add more plugins but the more plugins you have on your site means the more your site has to load every time someone visits. This SLOWS DOWN your site and speed time is directly proportional to number of customers and their retention rates. Nobody likes a slow site.
    1. ALL IN ONE SEO: I will go more into what the features of this plugin are when we deal with web content. It basically allows easy input of meta data information (information that search engines parse) and editing of what title and description people see when they search your site/page.
    2. SIMPLE LOGIN LOCKDOWN: Basically stops people from trying to brute force into your admin account by trying every combination of passwords on your wp-admin page. Basically just get this and activate it and you're safe from most attacks on wp-admin login.
    3. BETTER WEB SECURITY: Adds some more basic security functionality to your site.
    4. GOOGLE ANALYTICS: Allows you to track your website analytics. (Will talk a lot more about this in Step 3)
    5. GOOGLE ANALYTICS DASHBOARD: Cool dashboard graphics to see where your traffic is coming from (not needed as you can log into Google's analytics platform but I like to have it in my dashboard.
    6. GOOGLE XML SITEMAPS: Very important. It maps out your site and creates an XML file that google spider looks for while ranking your site.
    7. SOCIABLE: We will deal more with this app when we deal with social media
    8. WORDPRESS DATABASE BACKUP: Important to have backups of your database in case something goes wrong or you mess it up.
    9. WP-POSTRATINGS: A cool plug in that allows users to interactively rate your posts.
    10. WP SUPER CACHE: It caches your pages and speeds up page load times. Another very important plug in.

THEMES/APPEARANCES
    This could take up another whole post within itself. Basically, take a theme that will not detract the user from YOUR CONTENT but also is aesthetically pleasing and SIMPLE. Nobody likes a complicated theme when they are trying to get to what they need. I like the themes: "Magazine Basic", "Blackbird", and a few others. You can look around for a decent them. I have bought paid themes in the past and I do use them on my profitable niche sites. But for the purpose of starting out, no need to invest money in a theme (they run from $5-30 and some frameworks run from $20-40). Let's just keep it simple for now.

[WILL EDIT WITH VIDEO ONCE FINISHED PRODUCING IT]

I plan on starting up a website in which I can sell clothing. But i can not decide if I need to purcahse the baby plan or business plan on hostgator. Which one would I need to buy?

briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) briiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bballer18 View Post
    Great thread. It makes you realise there are so many little things to do!!!! But that's what makes it challenging and fun.

I've created my website and so far have been concentrating on getting solid content down. Before I continue I would appreciate it very much if any of you guys can offer any feedback.

www.tinderseduction.com

Thanks
    Tinder may not like the fact that you used "Tinder" in your URL. Similar to how ********, Google, Amazon, etc go after sites that have their names on URLs

Originally Posted by briiii View Post
    Tinder may not like the fact that you used "Tinder" in your URL. Similar to how ********, Google, Amazon, etc go after sites that have their names on URLs
    This. Trademarked names can get you in big trouble.