Closed Thread
Page 101 of 308 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 9212
    tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Morti View Post
    2 days in like 48 hours? or like monday and then again on thursday?
    Yes, Mon and Thru. or Tues and Fri, etc.

Here is a link to a doc in which All Pro explains some of the special circumstances;

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1137774893
    Current Journal All Pro - http://bbcom.me/1gSrSvx

food Journal - http://bit.ly/1b6GVVc

9 out of 10 questions answered here - http://bit.ly/qw0jWT

Good resource for beginners - http://bbcom.me/16QKCtp

All Pro Beginners program; "All Pros" Answers to questions doc: http://bbcom.me/1h0GLMt

How much Protein DO YOU REALLY NEED: http://bbcom.me/1cvgMze

alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alevar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Finally today I managed to start the programme. It went fine, but I have a couple of questions:

-How important is the order that we do each exercise? For example, today I waited 30 minutes for the olympic barbell to do my squats and bench press..could have I done another exercise before the squats or the order AllPro presented the exercises must be followed?
    -During squats I felt the bar pressing so heavily on my shoulders, is that normal?

Thanks guys

tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000) tmckeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by alevar View Post
    Finally today I managed to start the programme. It went fine, but I have a couple of questions:

-How important is the order that we do each exercise? For example, today I waited 30 minutes for the olympic barbell to do my squats and bench press..could have I done another exercise before the squats or the order AllPro presented the exercises must be followed?
    -During squats I felt the bar pressing so heavily on my shoulders, is that normal?

Thanks guys
    Its best to follow the order listed. you will need as much energy for the major compound lifts as you can muster as the lifts get harder.

As you lay the bar on your back, just pinch your shoulders back giving you more meat behind you neck to support the bar.

All Pro Beginners program; "All Pros" Answers to questions doc: http://bbcom.me/1h0GLMt

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mainer215 View Post
    In my opinion run however you like. If you enjoy doing 8 mile runs then do them. What good is it to do everything strictly by the book, so to say, and not do things you like to do. Yes it may impact your gains a little but I would wager a guess that it will not do them any significant harm. It may leave you a little tired and it may impact your lifts but then you will need to make a choice as to what is more important. Either way you are moving forward and becoming a more fitter you.

Keep up the good work.
    When I first started All Pro's, I stopped all running as a lot of people seemed to be saying that a) cardio was unnecessary and b) it's bad for your knees. I sort of regret that because when I tried going running again a few weeks back, I could barely manage half my usual 5km route before feeling fatigued (prior to that, I could run 10km without any issues; sometimes 15km. On the flip side of that, I'm physically stronger than I was, but I'd like to get my cardiovascular fitness back as well. Thing is, only running had a noticeable effect on my CV fitness; I'd tried all sorts of cardio before - exercise bike, elliptical trainer but it was only when I committed to C25k (Couch to 5km) that my CV fitness improved and improved quickly.

I do think about doing ten minute runs three times a week, so I can start building up my fitness again but I am a bit worried about what I've read regarding its effect on the knee, especially given my right knee isn't in the best of shape to begin with - but again on the flip side of that, when I was running regularly my fitness was at its best level ever; better than when I was a teen, and better than my twenties.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

Supercalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool C1w3d2

I'm on cycle one week 3 day 2. Have failed on the OHP the last 2 sessions, only squeezing out like 8-9 reps instead of 10.. Guess on this one I wont be able to bump up the weights when it comes to test day at 12 reps :/..

Also I have some other questions and concerns..
    1 I use the same weight at the ez-bar biceps curl throughout the whole week, AKA NO light nor medium day, how dentrimental is this?
    2. I really would like to fit in some dips and chins, @ what day would it be best to add those exercises? Or Will it be fatal for My progress? Thanks in advance

stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FitnessFan76 View Post
    When I first started All Pro's, I stopped all running as a lot of people seemed to be saying that a) cardio was unnecessary and b) it's bad for your knees. I sort of regret that because when I tried going running again a few weeks back, I could barely manage half my usual 5km route before feeling fatigued (prior to that, I could run 10km without any issues; sometimes 15km. On the flip side of that, I'm physically stronger than I was, but I'd like to get my cardiovascular fitness back as well. Thing is, only running had a noticeable effect on my CV fitness; I'd tried all sorts of cardio before - exercise bike, elliptical trainer but it was only when I committed to C25k (Couch to 5km) that my CV fitness improved and improved quickly.

I do think about doing ten minute runs three times a week, so I can start building up my fitness again but I am a bit worried about what I've read regarding its effect on the knee, especially given my right knee isn't in the best of shape to begin with - but again on the flip side of that, when I was running regularly my fitness was at its best level ever; better than when I was a teen, and better than my twenties.
    I run on every off day except day before heavy 11 and 12 rep days. I do this as i get tested on running frequently. My strength has improved and my running has improved dramatically.
    2015- Present. Qualified military psychiatric nurse.

2012-2015 British Army Psych Nurse Training (BSc Nursing Mental health)

2004-2012 Royal Military Police

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by stitch123 View Post
    I run on every off day except day before heavy 11 and 12 rep days. I do this as i get tested on running frequently. My strength has improved and my running has improved dramatically.
    How much do you run each day? I used to do 5km three times a week (at least - sometimes I'd 'get in the zone' and go for 10km). Thing is, I'm eating 3150 calories right now and that's a chore as it is (I've probably been under eating my entire adult life so I'm not really used to it just yet - six months is hardly going to make a dent in fifteen or more years bad habit). At my pace, 5km burns around 300 calories, so that's what I'd have to eat as well as the 3150 calories on running days. On top of that there's the question about impact on the knees. I could go down the track, but doing 5km just going round and round is mind-numbingly boring!

Either way I'm pretty sure that I could get my CV fitness back to where it was very quickly - it's just a matter of starting running again.

Anyway for what it's worth, someone I haven't seen for ages came round today and said I look 'bigger'. So that's good. I have put on almost a stone - should be fourteen pounds by the end of this week

I know - some of you could put down my total calorific intake in half a day.
    Last edited by FitnessFan76; 10-01-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stitch123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How much do you run each day?
    I'm currently doing two interval sessions and 1 longer run a week.

Intervals are 8 x 0.25 mile with 2 mins rest or 4 x 0.5 mile with 2 mins rest and longer run is 10km. I get tested on 1.5 miles hence the intervals.

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How much do you run each day? I used to do 5km three times a week (at least - sometimes I'd 'get in the zone' and go for 10km). Thing is, I'm eating 3150 calories right now and that's a chore as it is (I've probably been under eating my entire adult life so I'm not really used to it just yet - six months is hardly going to make a dent in fifteen or more years bad habit). At my pace, 5km burns around 300 calories, so that's what I'd have to eat as well as the 3150 calories on running days. On top of that there's the question about impact on the knees. I could go down the track, but doing 5km just going round and round is mind-numbingly boring!

Either way I'm pretty sure that I could get my CV fitness back to where it was very quickly - it's just a matter of starting running again.

Anyway for what it's worth, someone I haven't seen for ages came round today and said I look 'bigger'. So that's good. I have put on almost a stone - should be fourteen pounds by the end of this week

You are doing great. Keep up the work and the eating. It is paying off.
    View my progress at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154724503

Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

Low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit. -- Bruce Lee

"Why do I lift? I have many things left that I want to do in my life and I cannot think of a single one that I can do from a scooter" - me

Originally Posted by Mainer215 View Post
    You are doing great. Keep up the work and the eating. It is paying off.
    Thanks! I'm planning on continuing the bulk for another ten pounds or so; by then I'll be 150lbs. Then it'll be time to start getting rid of some of this fat, and looking fit as well as feeling fit.

It's most likely that I haven't put on as much as I could've done, as I did probably start All Pro's way too light. It's not light now though... no way; it'll be touch and go whether I pass bench next week and OHP is not looking good either.

So the next six months should be fun.
    Last edited by FitnessFan76; 10-01-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mainer215 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Supercalle View Post
    I'm on cycle one week 3 day 2. Have failed on the OHP the last 2 sessions, only squeezing out like 8-9 reps instead of 10.. Guess on this one I wont be able to bump up the weights when it comes to test day at 12 reps :/..

Also I have some other questions and concerns..
    1 I use the same weight at the ez-bar biceps curl throughout the whole week, AKA NO light nor medium day, how dentrimental is this?
    2. I really would like to fit in some dips and chins, @ what day would it be best to add those exercises? Or Will it be fatal for My progress? Thanks in advance
    Your 10 rep max was probably set a little high. No need to worry. Keep trying to squezze out an extra rep each week and if you fail keep the weight for next cycle.

1) If your curls are fairly low it is probably not much of a problem this early on. As you progress it may be increasingly harmful to your progress. Why are you not following the program on your curls?

2) Do 3 full cycles before you add anything. On your fourth cycle add one of the exercises and the other on the fifth. Follow the same progression scheme as the others.

Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

"Why do I lift? I have many things left that I want to do in my life and I cannot think of a single one that I can do from a scooter" - me

RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000) RyforLo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    c1w4 heavy - killed it

Originally Posted by RyforLo View Post
    c1w4 heavy - killed it
    Nicely done!

Thanks! I'm planning on continuing the bulk for another ten pounds or so, so by then I'll be 150lbs. Then it'll be time to start getting rid of some of this fat, and looking fit as well as feeling fit.

It's most likely that I haven't put on as much as I could've done, as I did probably start All Pro's way too light. It's not light now though... no way; it'll be touch and go whether I pass bench next week and OHP is not looking good either.

So the next six months should be fun.
    It just keeps getting better and better.

ChefStefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChefStefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChefStefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChefStefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChefStefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChefStefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChefStefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChefStefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, this week I am figuring out my 10 rm. I have a few questions to help me piece together the weight for the different lifts.
    1.Should i be squatting more weight then what i am SL dead lifting, the weight for these lifts are in the same ball park more or less.
    2.Should i be able to over head press more weight then I up right row, as of now the weight i can lift is the same.
    3.I see everyone lifting a good amount of weight for their calf raises compared to their other lifts. i cant lift that much it puzzles me. Are they counting their body weight in the final weight or are they just using a machine? I use a barbell for my raises. Thank you for your input, its much appriciated. God bless.

Originally Posted by ChefStefan View Post
    Hey, this week I am figuring out my 10 rm. I have a few questions to help me piece together the weight for the different lifts.
    1.Should i be squatting more weight then what i am SL dead lifting, the weight for these lifts are in the same ball park more or less.
    2.Should i be able to over head press more weight then I up right row, as of now the weight i can lift is the same.
    3.I see everyone lifting a good amount of weight for their calf raises compared to their other lifts. i cant lift that much it puzzles me. Are they counting their body weight in the final weight or are they just using a machine? I use a barbell for my raises. Thank you for your input, its much appriciated. God bless.
    Don't get caught up with weight you think you can or can't do. Starting out you'll find they're all over the place. you have weak areas and strong areas. However, over 4 or 5 cycles they will start to balance out properly.

Here is a good site to get an idea of capacity;

http://exrx.net/Testing/WeightLiftin...Standards.html

Bicycle101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NewB here... Sorry for these question, these probably have been raised before but I just cannot understand the answer(s) (being new and all in weight lifting).

1. What is the reason for the medium and light days?

2. Wouldn't it be better to always go all out while training? How can I go all out in medium and light days?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Bicycle101 View Post
    NewB here... Sorry for these question, these probably have been raised before but I just cannot understand the answer(s) (being new and all in weight lifting).

1. What is the reason for the medium and light days?

2. Wouldn't it be better to always go all out while training? How can I go all out in medium and light days?

Thanks
    Good questions.

1) It allows you body to recover and rest, a small deload if you may.

2) No, see number 1

Most beginners think that doing 20 different exercises 5 times a day is a good thing, but what they're doing is overloading their CNS. Over a short period of time, they will make gains, but they will eventually hit a wall of no improvements, and become more injury prone.

Bicycle101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tmckeon View Post
    Good questions.

1) It allows you body to recover and rest, a small deload if you may.

2) No, see number 1

Most beginners think that doing 20 different exercises 5 times a day is a good thing, but what they're doing is overloading their CNS. Over a short period of time, they will make gains, but they will eventually hit a wall of no improvements, and become more injury prone.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciate it.

The food and finding time to eat it (when you work on a ward) is a nightmare. I was cutting on 1600-1800 then started a slow bulk on 2200 which isn't enough as I have found over the last 2 weeks so upping to 2500 since Monday. Don't know if that will be enough yet.

GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GP100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just realized that this whole cycle I've been doing calf raises wrong. I've been doing them on the flat floor without anything elevating them. I did them like this for so long in p90x that I didn't even think to look t the video. Maybe that's why they seemed so easy. Should I retest or just bump them the 10 % and go on?
    Last edited by GP100; 10-01-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Originally Posted by GP100 View Post
    I just realized that this whole cycle I've been ding calf raises wrong. I've been doing them on the flat floor without anything elevating them. I did them like this for so long in p90x that I didn't even think to look t the video. Maybe that's why they seemed so easy. Should I retest or just bump them the 10 % and go on?
    If they felt toooo easy, ok to bump. If not, keep the same.

Diwrnach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK I am on cycle 5, been ill twice during this time (sucks having kids in school sometimes) also pulled a muscle in my shoulder which knocked me out of lifting for a good 3 weeks, also worth noting I have heart disease and had a heart attack aged 27, now 36, not touched a weight in that time, or done any exercise, but not failed a single lift yet, just passed 5th cycle today, I am going to try and link two pictures, before and after up to now, i was 21 stone when i started, i am now 18.5 stone, if I cannot manage to post pics check out my bodyspace they are there as well, i would like to thank allpro you have potentially saved my life with this, and when i am lifting heavy aim to follow your intermediate stuff as well.
    Attached Images

hellosri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

C1W4 Heavy day yesterday. Could not complete 11 reps on the 2nd set for bench & OHP. Workouts are getting tougher, but making good progress so far.

Originally Posted by hellosri View Post
    C1W4 Heavy day yesterday. Could not complete 11 reps on the 2nd set for bench & OHP. Workouts are getting tougher, but making good progress so far.
    If you managed the reps the first set, and not the second, you probably just needed to rest a bit longer

hellosri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Diwrnach View Post
    If you managed the reps the first set, and not the second, you probably just needed to rest a bit longer
    I generally rest 1min between warmup sets and 1min:30s between work sets, as per All Pro's recommendations. Wouldn't longer rest reduce the overall intensity of the workout? I'm also cutting and want to maximize fat loss.
    All Pro Beginner

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/hellosri/

Originally Posted by hellosri View Post
    I generally rest 1min between warmup sets and 1min:30s between work sets, as per All Pro's recommendations. Wouldn't longer rest reduce the overall intensity of the workout? I'm also cutting and want to maximize fat loss.
    2-3mins is fine, he suggests no more than 3mins, oddly I was just reading about this as you posted it, I will copy/paste his reply....

No there's no real time limit but you don't want to take so long that you begin to cool off
    and tighten up. That could cause an injury. I wouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes ever.
    I've been able to maintain 2 minutes even when running the heaviest power lifting
    programs. For most higher rep, 8-12 rep bodybuilding programs, 1:30 is about the
    standard. In the 1-6 rep range you would need at least 2-3 minutes to let ATP levels be
    restored.

So I would say take 2 mins or so instead of the 1min 30 and see if it helps.

Just noticed you are on the first cycle, I would suggest you may have started off too heavy? maybe also if you are starting out your fitness might not be great? so may need long, I am on cycle 5 now, not failed a single lift and now I pound the routine out, where as to start with it was really hard work fitness wise.

Gonna attempt C1W5 heavy in a couple of hours. Only had one rest day it been off work today and feel strong. If I wait until tomorrow to do it it'll be after a 13 hour shift which isn't ideal as I'll be knackered before I even start!

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Diwrnach View Post
    2-3mins is fine, he suggests no more than 3mins, oddly I was just reading about this as you posted it, I will copy/paste his reply....

No there's no real time limit but you don't want to take so long that you begin to cool off
    and tighten up. That could cause an injury. I wouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes ever.
    I've been able to maintain 2 minutes even when running the heaviest power lifting
    programs. For most higher rep, 8-12 rep bodybuilding programs, 1:30 is about the
    standard. In the 1-6 rep range you would need at least 2-3 minutes to let ATP levels be
    restored.

So I would say take 2 mins or so instead of the 1min 30 and see if it helps.
    90 seconds max
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

Closed Thread
Page 101 of 308 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast