Alann314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alann314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie Seeking Advice

Hello everyone I am new here to bodybuilding.com and I would like some opinions on what I can do to improve my gains. To start off with a little bit about myself...Im 20 years old 5'4 and weigh 125. I was always the type to go to the gym for 2-3 months then quit but starting this year in January I started to go again and this time was different, I am actually consistent and have never pushed myself so hard. I started at 108 in January and today I am 125. The main reason Im posting this is to get advice on how to build mass and specifically I want to get my chest a lot more massive.

Supplements:
    Currently I started taking Monster Mass(Test Booster), Kreactive(Creatine), Fish Oil, and Pro Complex(Lean Mass Gainer).

Diet:
    I have the metabolism of a humming bird so this is where it gets difficult. My diet is a eat whatever you want diet as my goal is to bulk and reach 150. The daily routine goes as follows. Wake up and have breakfast, go to work and have a shake about 2 and half hours after breakfast, take my lunch break and have a meal, take another shake 2 and a half hours after lunch, go home then eat dinner, then finish it off with another shake then sleep after the gym. To average it out its close to 3500-4000 calories a day with 200+ grams of protein a day and 300+ grams of carbs.

Training:
    Let me start off by saying I do no cardio at all.When I workout I only do heavy lifting with 4 sets of 6-8 for each workout and make sure the last reps are to absolute failure. I workout every muscle 2 times a week with 3 day rest in between so for example if I do chest on Monday I wont do it again until Friday.
    Here is the basics:
    Day 1: Chest/Tri
    Day 2:Back/Bi
    Day 3: Legs
    Day 4: Rest
    Then start back over again.
    One of the most important lifts I do is on back day and I am constantly told that dead lifts builds mass like no other and ever since I started doing them I can actually say its true. So back to my main topic of wanting to get a massive chest which seems nearly impossible no matter what I do. I started off in January doing flat dumbbell presses with 50 pound weights and maxing 155 on the bench press. Currently I am doing flat dumbbell presses with 85 pound weights and at a max bench press of 225 and for weighing 125 that is extremely heavy for me but I am constantly frustrated seeing how my chest has barley increased in size but has increased in strength massively. My chest workout usually goes Flat Dumbbell Press/Decline Dumbbell Press/Incline Dumbbell Press/Incline Dumbbell Fly, then 2 cable exercises of my choice to help build more of the upper and inner area of my chest.

Conclusion:
    So what can I do to get that bigger chest I want and I would also like opinions on anything else such as my diet,training or anything I can do differently to build mass.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading!

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't ever train your shoulders?

It's all about diet. If you're not gaining mass then you're not eating enough. You don't need 200g protein. At 125lb you need a minimum of 102g protein and a minimum of 50g fat. Then just fill up your calories with whatever mix of carbs, protein and fat you want.

Also I expect you are miscalculating how many calories you are eating as if your stats are correct and you are doing that amount of exercise you will gain weight on 3500 - 4000kcal. I'm 6' and ~180lb and I'm clean bulking on 3700kcal with 5 lifting sessions a week.

Alann314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alann314 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's good to know I will increase my food intake. I know that 300g or protein a day is overdoing it but each shake is 70g of protein so too much will never hurt. I just got this new protein called serious mass which has less protein but 250g of carbs per serving so is 600+ cabs a day too much?

Crimzin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crimzin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Alann314 View Post
    too much will never hurt.
    It can, actually.

dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dhimaan997 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Alann314 View Post
    Hello everyone I am new here to bodybuilding.com and I would like some opinions on what I can do to improve my gains. To start off with a little bit about myself...Im 20 years old 5'4 and weigh 125. I was always the type to go to the gym for 2-3 months then quit but starting this year in January I started to go again and this time was different, I am actually consistent and have never pushed myself so hard. I started at 108 in January and today I am 125. The main reason Im posting this is to get advice on how to build mass and specifically I want to get my chest a lot more massive.

Supplements:
    Currently I started taking Monster Mass(Test Booster), Kreactive(Creatine), Fish Oil, and Pro Complex(Lean Mass Gainer).

Diet:
    I have the metabolism of a humming bird so this is where it gets difficult. My diet is a eat whatever you want diet as my goal is to bulk and reach 150. The daily routine goes as follows. Wake up and have breakfast, go to work and have a shake about 2 and half hours after breakfast, take my lunch break and have a meal, take another shake 2 and a half hours after lunch, go home then eat dinner, then finish it off with another shake then sleep after the gym. To average it out its close to 3500-4000 calories a day with 200+ grams of protein a day and 300+ grams of carbs.

Training:
    Let me start off by saying I do no cardio at all.When I workout I only do heavy lifting with 4 sets of 6-8 for each workout and make sure the last reps are to absolute failure. I workout every muscle 2 times a week with 3 day rest in between so for example if I do chest on Monday I wont do it again until Friday.
    Here is the basics:
    Day 1: Chest/Tri
    Day 2:Back/Bi
    Day 3: Legs
    Day 4: Rest
    Then start back over again.
    One of the most important lifts I do is on back day and I am constantly told that dead lifts builds mass like no other and ever since I started doing them I can actually say its true. So back to my main topic of wanting to get a massive chest which seems nearly impossible no matter what I do. I started off in January doing flat dumbbell presses with 50 pound weights and maxing 155 on the bench press. Currently I am doing flat dumbbell presses with 85 pound weights and at a max bench press of 225 and for weighing 125 that is extremely heavy for me but I am constantly frustrated seeing how my chest has barley increased in size but has increased in strength massively. My chest workout usually goes Flat Dumbbell Press/Decline Dumbbell Press/Incline Dumbbell Press/Incline Dumbbell Fly, then 2 cable exercises of my choice to help build more of the upper and inner area of my chest.

Conclusion:
    So what can I do to get that bigger chest I want and I would also like opinions on anything else such as my diet,training or anything I can do differently to build mass.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading!
    just life heavy and eat eat eat