kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kDee131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting someone started, who may be a little stubborn...

Disclaimer: I actually asked this in the Misc Forum, which was clearly a mistake as I basically got crucified/negged, however you want to put it, hahaha. I'm really not used to so much mean in the space of 5 minutes.

I'm hoping to get more constructive responses from you ladies. Approaching anyone about changing their routine is never an easy thing, so any advice or insight is appreciated.

Also, I know I'm not ripped, as clearly indicated by my stats. But just because I'm still progressing doesn't mean I can't get someone else going too right?

Person in question, 28 yrs old, 6'1, 175 lbs, probably 20-24% bodyfat? Just a guess

So this guy used to be one of those "I'm going to be pro one day" soccer players all up until college when he injured his knee and had to get surgery. During his soccer days he had one of those super lean, yet extremely skinny body types. Once he had surgery he put on like 70 pounds and then spent the next year losing about 60-65 pounds of it. He looks fine now, but I sincerely think that he should go on a nice, clean bulk; he would look even better.

The problem is, he's spent a good part of his life with nutritionists, sports trainers, sports therapists, you name it. I feel that he's gotten a lot of misinformation but he still thinks he's kind of an expert. (I know I know, rolls eyes)

He doesn't do any of the compound lifts. Actually, he doesn't use free weights at all. He uses the chest press machine, the lat pull down thing, some other stuff, but I'm usually too busy with my squats, deadlifts, rows, and overhead presses to pay attention to what he's doing, hah. My huge pet peeves are that a) the machines are hard to progress on because they have fixed weight increments and b) he doesn't keep track anyway -___-

Anyway, it's hard to get him to take any advice from me. And because of his prior surgery, he has an intense fear of gaining weight. He eats a ton of fruit, which isn't bad in of itself, but he needs to eat more protein. I told him that he should gain some muscle, not fat, and then he can lost some fat afterward if he feels the need. He's primarily concerned with the idea that the extra weight would stress out his knees.

I'm putting this situation out for the forum. What are your thoughts? If you were this guy, what would be the best way to get informed?

Anyone else on here had knee surgery? Tips and strategies for dealing with that?
    I think I can squat you :)