Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Struggling to gain bicep size.

Hello,
    I've started working out about 3-4 months ago and I'm training all areas. However, since I started working out, I have seen very little gain in the size of my biceps.

Whenever I do a bicep exercise I tend to only feel it in my brachialis, and not my actual bicep, even though my technique is good. For example, I never wake up and feel the rip in my bicep. It's really frustrating as I'm eager to start working on my biceps.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how to incorporate my biceps into my work out and not just my brachialis.

Any feedback is much appreciated.
    Thank-you.

Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dorieus View Post
    Hello,
    I've started working out about 3-4 months ago and I'm training all areas. However, since I started working out, I have seen very little gain in the size of my biceps.

Whenever I do a bicep exercise I tend to only feel it in my brachialis, and not my actual bicep, even though my technique is good. For example, I never wake up and feel the rip in my bicep. It's really frustrating as I'm eager to start working on my biceps.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how to incorporate my biceps into my work out and not just my brachialis.

Any feedback is much appreciated.
    Thank-you.
    Sounds like a wrist position issue. Are you mainly doing hammer curls?

Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kichie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You never feel the soreness in the morning? Try going a bit heavier, work it once a week. Just remember though, biceps won't grow as big as triceps. If you wanna fill those sleeves in your shirt its the triceps

Also, like I said. Biceps won't grow as big and it'll take some time. keep at it, eat big and train hard.
    Being the son of Zeus it's a requirement to hit the gym.

IG - Joe_Barreca

Bench 1lb
    Squats 1.2lb
    DL 1.1lb

Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dorieus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    Sounds like a wrist position issue. Are you mainly doing hammer curls?
    You'd be right in mentioning the wrists as I have quite weak wrists and after a few straight bar curls, they really hurt.
    But no, I'd mainly do standing dumb-bell curls, concentration curls and E-Z Bar curls, but very rarely hammer curls.

TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TaylorBreh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do curls with a barbell and focus on slow controlled reps.

DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DerekEt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    soreness = / = growth

gain 10-15 pounds and come back, see if your arms "Didn't Grow".

But does anyone know why I don't feel it in my biceps, but feel it in my brachialis instead?

Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cablebob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dorieus View Post
    You'd be right in mentioning the wrists as I have quite weak wrists and after a few straight bar curls, they really hurt.
    But no, I'd mainly do standing dumb-bell curls, concentration curls and E-Z Bar curls, but very rarely hammer curls.
    Get a good set of wrist wraps and go up in weight. 5-8 reps. 5 sets. you should be tired. if not, go up in weight the next time by 5 pounds or so. If you have weak wrists you might be compensating and using terrible form.

yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50) yochilllllllll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hammer curls target the brachi whatever. Preachers and standing bb get the rest of the bicep.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ntain_dog_arms

good routine

So am I the only one who feels the burn in their brachialis and not their bicep?