Mooska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Take advantage or eat more from laborious work?

A month and a half ago, I started working for Fedex Ground loading trucks as a package handler. Before I got the job, I was already on a caloric deficit aimed at losing 2lbs a week(I cheated slightly too often to actually achieve this). I only work 3 hours, but in those 3 hours, I load around 400 boxes of all different weights each hour. When I go on walks that mildly get my sweat glands going, I burn a little over 500 calories, so when I am drenched in sweat during and fairly fatigued by the end of my shift, I'd assume at the very least I burn 400 calories an hour.

What I am wondering is, already eating at a deficit, can I eat slightly under what I assume I burn at work afterwards to lose weight faster or should I try to match what I burn so I'm at the same deficit I was prior to getting this job?

PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000) PowerHaus19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honestly if you feel really hungry because of the larger deficit due to your labor job, then feel free to eat up calories to make it up. However, if you want to speed up your fat loss then don't eat up the calories. When I'm cutting I NEVER consume the extra calories burned from doing cardio... it just feels like a waste of time.

zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10) zerocoolflo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you can take the deficit you are creating without it affecting your progress, than by all means you can keep it like that.

If the hunger is too high or you can't do your job properly, raise the cals up a bit
    If I can help you in any way, send me a message with your thread question or question.

I wish you all a 2021 filled with growth.

Registered User TiberiusClaudis's Avatar
    TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TiberiusClaudis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agree with this ^^^^

You might say it's a "free lunch"

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mooska View Post
    What I am wondering is, already eating at a deficit, can I eat slightly under what I assume I burn at work afterwards to lose weight faster or should I try to match what I burn so I'm at the same deficit I was prior to getting this job?
    You have been doing this for a month and half ? So should already have your answer, if weightloss increased drastically and you run out of energy , increase calories. If it stays at around the same and what you aim for , dont change anything.

Mooska has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My only concern was that I might be losing too much muscle by losing fat quickly, but it doesn't seem like that's much of a concern I suppose. Thanks for the replies. Up until now, I had just been enjoying the bonus meal at the end of the day, but I can definitely survive off less that I have been taking in after work if it means sped up fat loss without extra muscle loss.