Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000) BEASTMODE420 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SheHadMANHands View Post
    Would not let these two into my house. Look like psychopaths.
    Originally Posted by A-GAME View Post
    I always let them in brah. I fuk with these guys hard, not to be a jerk but just because I like to challenge peoples beliefs. Once I start, they can't wait to leave lol. I also beep my horn at them and wave when I drive past them riding their bikes.
    Would **** with these guys a few years ago too lol would try to talk faith and morals and what not and they'd just throw pamphlets my way. It was funny to make these guys think outside their religion and watch them question their faith. I do have to admit I learned things from them, like the Mormon belief for one, but they had their ways and I have mine. Eventually avoided going outside when they were out front to avoid being rude or getting another pamphlet lol

Mod Hated My Prev Title b.spencer's Avatar
    b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VAPlowhorse View Post
    Sounds like you are more of a Unitarian Universalists Religion was doing its job thousands of years before Joseph Smith and it will still be functioning after Mormonism has evolved into something entirely different or died out.

I don't care if people buy into the magic part or not, as long as it makes them emotionally stable net taxpayers, things are working as they should.
    Early Mormonism was heavily influenced by Unitarians, and many prominant early members came from Unitarian roots. Mormonism is a universalist religion along with modern Unitarians. One of the ironies. One of the most conservative Christian groups has roots in the most liberal.
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---
    Kris Gethin's Body By Design, pg. 43/44 (Yes, that s me)

TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IDrinkBloodLOL View Post
    Simple - at least in my opinion, it requires literal divine intervention to actually work.

Wouldn't a God who loved us want us to live in a society that works? Wouldn't that same God, having greater wisdom than ours and seeing that humanity was lost and incompetent when left to its own devices, provide sources of divine guidance so as to provide humanity with the tools needed to build a society that works?

I not only maintain that such a God would do that, but that such a God did do that.
    Healthy behaviors and lifestyles and societies and individuals are not contingent upon a belief in God.

If God is the author of morality, then morality is entirely arbitrary; if God says that torture is good, and helping your neighbor bad, then torture is good and helping your neighbor is bad. If God approves of an action, then it must be because that action is good in and of itself, otherwise, as previously stated, morality is arbitrarily contingent upon God's mood and therefore is not objective but subjective. One cannot say that God is good and would never approve of torture, because such a statement makes no sense: God approves of God? God is good no matter what God thinks of itself?

To continue this line of thought, if a person says that God has commanded them to rape, murder and steal, and says that God has told them these things are good, we have little choice but to believe them. One would need to speak directly to God to get God's standing on these supposed orders and no-one can do that. Anything else is hearsay.

A little logic goes a long way, dude.
    Last edited by TH3SHR3DD3R; 12-03-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    ignore list: MuscleXtreme

”The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black.”

–Henry Rollins

SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SheHadMANHands is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by neonhypoxia View Post
    Really, that's it? You go on about how your choice in religion is logical and how you are so smart and blah blah blah, yet you entire story about why you became a mormom is essentially boiled down to it makes you feel good and that you think mormons are good people? If that's what works for you then fine. But instead you constantly come off as a pompus prick about your religion and belittle other people's religious views calling them emotional.

You're a real class act.
    You sound surprised.

neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SheHadMANHands View Post
    You sound surprised.
    Sadly I am not surprised at all. This was my basic assumption about him right from the start, especially given his holier than thou personality. I would have loved it if I was surprised, but we can't always get what we want.
    All of this has been posted before, and all of this will be posted again.

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    IDrinkBloodLOL delivered.

I actually joined the church to spite somebody I knew, because they had a strongly negative (and in my opinion unfounded) opinion of the church and I thought that person was an idiot, so I joined up. I didn't really believe a lick of any of it at first, because I honestly was vindictive enough of a person that it was worth it to join a religion just to troll somebody I thought was dumb.
    Lulz. Troll of the century.

IDrinkBloodLOL - were there any spiritual experiences that contributed to you belief in the Mormon church or would you describe it another way?

Originally Posted by TH3SHR3DD3R View Post
    Healthy behaviors and lifestyles and societies and individuals are not contingent upon a belief in God.

If God is the author of morality, then morality is entirely arbitrary; if God says that torture is good, and helping your neighbor bad, then torture is good and helping your neighbor is bad. If God approves of an action, then it must be because that action is good in and of itself, otherwise, as previously stated, morality is arbitrarily contingent upon God's mood and therefore is not objective but subjective. One cannot say that God is good and would never approve of torture, because such a statement makes no sense: God approves of God? God is good no matter what God thinks of itself?

To continue this line of thought, if a person says that God has commanded them to rape, murder and steal, and says that God has told them these things are good, we have little choice but to believe them. One would need to speak directly to God to get God's standing on these supposed orders and no-one can do that. Anything else is hearsay.

While God is the author or morality it doesn't mean it is something he made up. Rather it something that was calculated based on human nature and the potential of humans to become more and better than they currently are. Morality was designed to increase the long-term happiness and joy of the individual and benefit the larger society as a whole. If you doubt this then choose specific commandments that you see as arbitrary and have no real purpose and see if we can come up with a reason for them. Start with the ten commandments. Granted there are rare occasions when God asks someone (i.e. Abraham) to do something that seems illogical to see if that person will obey God's commandments when the purpose is not clear. However, there is almost always a rational purpose behind it or lesson to be learned.

TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TH3SHR3DD3R is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    While God is the author or morality it doesn't mean it is something he made up. Rather it something that was calculated based on human nature and the potential of humans to become more and better than they currently are. Morality was designed to increase the long-term happiness and joy of the individual and benefit the larger society as a whole. If you doubt this then choose specific commandments that you see as arbitrary and have no real purpose and see if we can come up with a reason for them. Start with the ten commandments. Granted there are rare occasions when God asks someone (i.e. Abraham) to do something that seems illogical to see if that person will obey God's commandments when the purpose is not clear. However, there is almost always a rational purpose behind it or lesson to be learned.
    Cool story, bro; should work well with the d20 System.

”The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black.”

–Henry Rollins

lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000) lucious is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pleasant feelings at the expense of a loss of contact with reality?

Sounds like drugs.
    Nov 04-fatass @40%bf

Jan 06- buff(apparently) @ ermm i dunno, still have a gut though,

long term goal= jacked @ 7% bf, get the damn abs to show themselves

Pedicabo ego vos et irrum A-GAME's Avatar
    A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TH3SHR3DD3R View Post

Originally Posted by lucious View Post
    Pleasant feelings at the expense of a loss of contact with reality

Sounds like drugs.
    These. I'm glad you have found some peace Mr Morman, however I was expecting much more. Son, I am disappoint.
    Still Cuckin On Four Fours, Wrapped In Four Voes

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the story.
    I too am disappointed.

"Mormons are nice, Mormons are happy, Mormonism works...therefore Joseph Smith talked to an angel, translated the book of Mormon with a magic hat... therefore God"

You do realize that you could substitute any other successful cult and come up with the same endpoint?

BRB; becoming Amish.
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

Mentlegen, allow us to be cereal at this time: it's not that Mormonism works.

To hear IDBLOL tell it, Mormons never have problems. And we know that such a thing is just not possible. Even the most half-hearted research on Mormons will reveal this. We also know that healthy behaviors are not contingent upon belief in God, including the Mormon God.

It's that Mormonism HAS to work. Such behavior is typical of people, including religious people - as a species we are narrow-minded and narrow-sighted. Our existence is the retelling of the same story over and over again, but we tell it with such enthusiasm each time it is as if it were the first telling. Mormonism works - for some people. For IDBLOL, this CANNOT be the case: he has to be correct.

He's just another person. That's the ultimate truth of his little story. And other people don't get to dictate my reality for me. Sorry, IDBLOL.

–Henry Rollins

mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mTOR is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Informative thread necromancy.

The media frenzy over the "white widow" story last week actually made me think of this thread.. http://nypost.com/2013/09/29/how-an-...e-white-widow/

Seems like a rather representative case-study in the social-situational factors driving individuals towards following unorthodox, fringe, and radical religious ideologies or factions that they were not born into. Appears to be a dynamic between the particular individual's overwhelming desire for structure and social predictability and the perception that certain socio-religious contexts fulfills that Maslow need -- even if only based on questionable traditions, practices and belief-systems, apparently.

ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000) ICrapBig is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheJimmyRustler View Post
    Oh lawd, Mormonism. Such a cute faith.
    Unlike egalitarianism, which is bullet proof eh?

Lol

HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HaythamKenway is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IDrinkBloodLOL is like the nonAtlas of Mormonism. The similarity is remarkable.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    having more scientific education and experience than 99% of this forum combined.
    lulz, I forgot about this post.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrum A-GAME's Avatar
    A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    lulz, I forgot about this post.

This kids posts are funnier than reading troll threads lmao.
    Still Cuckin On Four Fours, Wrapped In Four Voes

indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50) indosthetic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hes a MORMON?

Squat: 315lb
    Deadlift: 385
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 100lb

OHP: 150lb
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 75lb
    Weighted Dips: 220lb
    Barbell Rows: 190lb
    Dumbbell Rows: 125lb
    Barbell curl: 135lb
    Dumbbell curl: 70lb

NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000) NephilimRising is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Milo3 View Post
    Why do you care? It's none of your buisness.
    Oh the fukkin Irony. Unless I'm mistaken, aren't you the guy who is constantly bashing homosexuals and transgenders?
    **30 tabs open and can't tell which one the sound is coming from crew**
    **Fake Handicap Parking Sticker Crew**
    **Sleeps Naked Crew**

Have you found Brodin? CuriousGM's Avatar
    CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000) CuriousGM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NephilimRising View Post
    Oh the fukkin Irony. Unless I'm mistaken, aren't you the guy who is constantly bashing homosexuals and transgenders?
    If I recall Milo's stance on homosexuals is banishment/forced conversion. He may have advanced in his thinking and decided they need a more final solution tho.

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs down

"I find that the more false reality I exclude from my life, the more in tune I am with my own life."

IDrinkBloodLOL (Adult Onset Mormon)

"As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24