ascopino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Som criticisms please

Looking for some critique of my workout. Im looking to gain mass and started a Push/Pull routine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! im also wondering at what point i should add weight.
    thanks!

Pull:
    BB rowing 3x10
    kneeling 1 arm row 3x10
    standing BB curl 3x12
    hammer curl 4x10
    chin up 10-15

Push
    BB bench press 3x10-12
    incline bench 3x10-12
    bb overhead press 4x10-12
    skullcrusher 4x10-12
    DB tricep curl 3x10-12
    pressdown 4x10-12
    dips- as many as i can do

Legs
    squat 3x10
    thigh extension 3x12
    standing toe raises 4x12
    deadlift 3x12

BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BearLovesLuna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ascopino View Post
    Looking for some critique of my workout. Im looking to gain mass and started a Push/Pull routine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! im also wondering at what point i should add weight.
    thanks!

Adding weight:
    I would figure you should always find a new way to stress the muscles- so increase reps (to a point- what point that is is debatable but I find 12 to be about the max depending on the muscle group- bigger muscles or more compound lifts I try to stop at 8 or 10 reps); shorten time in between sets; or work your way up to a "rep max" (say, 12 reps for bicep work) then when you can handle that easily, drop the reps and add weight (if you were doing say dumbell hammer curls at 5 sets of 12, 30 lbs, drop to sets of 8-10 at 35-40)

Just examples. I am always looking at the last couple workouts with a muscle group, seeing the rep count, set count, and weight, evaluating, and adding to it in SOME way. Sometimes I will change it up completely and go the "other" way, drop the weight a good bit and go up in reps, sets...

Others on here surely have more experience, but mostly, you should be analyzing and adding SOMETHING all the time.
    Nobody improves without trying. Period.

Listen to your wisdom as you gain it. Rarely are things lost forever. Change is usually always possible. Second chances sometimes reveal better results than first chances. Always look to believe that you can and will be better. You're not done until you give up.

(Bear= wife's nickname for me... Luna= my nickname for her)

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ascopino: what is your lifting experience??
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd put those deadz on pull day if I was you. Too much tricep work for a noob. Keep adding weight till you can't get your reps. Go for it.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    I'd put those deadz on pull day if I was you. Too much tricep work for a noob. Keep adding weight till you can't get your reps. Go for it.
    Good advice there.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cut out some of the tricep work and add in another shoulder exercise. You could do laterals, upright rows (if they don't stress your rotater cuffs too much, or shrugs). I'd also add in a hamstring exercise such as leg curls or stiff-legged deadlifts and move the regular deads to back day. (If you do deadlifts on back day, you might think about doing them every other week assuming you do stiff-leg deadlifts on another day. It would probably stress your lower back too much). JMO...
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Thanks everyone! some good advice here!

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks everyone! some good advice here!
    your welcome, but you haven't answered my question, again, what is your lifting experience? where are you "at" .....and how old are you...

thank you...

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    your welcome, but you haven't answered my question, again, what is your lifting experience? where are you "at" .....and how old are you...

thank you...
    oh sorry, Im 37 and have been going to the gym regularly for about 3 years. been doing mostly iso lifting but it's time to get serious and see how far I can push myself. Far as where Im "at" I'd consider myself still a novice but would like to change that. Started 2 protein shakes per day and orange triad multi.

oh sorry, Im 37 and have been going to the gym regularly for about 3 years. been doing mostly iso lifting but it's time to get serious and see how far I can push myself. Far as where Im "at" I'd consider myself still a novice but would like to change that. Started 2 protein shakes per day and orange triad multi.

okay, much more to go on with this info...

3 years is a good amount of time. I am not crazy about push pull, in particular....nothing wrong with Iso's either, however, the first movement or two of each body part should always be a basic compound movement, and , I am favorable to a pyramid styled approach to that first exercise.

after 3 years, you should now be doing a bit more for certain body parts, for example, 3 sets each of a movement is not nearly enough to work back. And as already pointed out by another replier, there is no work for the lateral and rear delts in there...