Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ☆☆ getMyMacros.com ☆☆ DieHards77's Avatar
    DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Welp, here goes nothin'

Hello everyone. First off before I get into anymore detail let me introduce myself. My names Jason Loewy, I'm 22 years old born in NY but currently live in CA going to USC for my M.S. in Computer Science (thats enough abbreviations for one post already).

So whats a computer nerd doing on bodybuilding.com you might ask? Well I started lifting when I was 14, competing when I was 17 and won my pro card with the IFPA back in 2009 when I was 20. Ever since I started competing I have been on a somewhat of a 2.5 year competition cycle and it looks like its just about that time.

Before I continue any further I am stating that I am 95% sure this contest prep will result in me stepping on stage one way or another. As i previously said I am currently getting my Masters at USC and that has presented me with some amazing opportunities thus far. Opportunities that I do not want to squander and that 5% chance of me not competing is that I lose the ability to take advantage of all that is currently being made available to me due to mental fatigue. With that said, last time I started my diet back in '09 I was 221.4lbs and got down to 189 stage weight.... currently I am 210-211 morning weight and I HOPE i gained a few lbs of muscle over the last 3 years so I don't think this prep should be that hard.

So now that I got through the boring stuff settings the stage, heres some pre-pictures that I just snapped now. They're taken cold and after eating ~40 wings and other crap during the super bowl today.... oh and I have my last pre-diet Heineken sitting next to me on my desk lol.

Current Macros
    Protein: 270g
    Carbs: 270g
    Fat: 65g

Workout Routine
    Day1: Legs
    Day2: Chest/Arms
    Day3: HIIT
    Day4: Back/Shoulders
    Day5: ARms/Chest
    Day6: Shoulders/Lats
    Day7: HIIT

Supplements
    USP Labs Jack3ed*
    USP Labs Powerful*
    USP Labs Anabolic Pump
    USP Labs Super Cissuss
    USP Labs Prime*
    USP Labs Recreate
    Scivation Xtend
    Scivation Sesamin
    Primaforce Yohimbine HCL
    Primaforce Creaform
    Nutrex Lipo-6x*

* Means once my order gets in which should be within the week

So since I am a computer science major and someone like just loves tech, I have two great diet tools i want to talk about real quick.

First is the Jawbone Up ( http://jawbone.com/up )
    I'm on my third one because their made like sh*t but when working their awesome. Measure your steps you take throughout a day as well as have a smart alarm. It tracks your sleep patterns and wakes you up based off of an alarm that you set anywhere from that time to 30 minutes earlier depending on the lightness/deepness of your sleep.

Second is something I will probably be talking about ever so often through this thread but it is the diet app I use to track my calories. Its an iPhone app called 'My Macros+' ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-ma...9619?ls=1&mt=8 ). Besides this app being the best diet app out there.... I made it hah Im not going to push it that much because thats not the point of this thread but all I'll say is I have tried countless amounts of diet apps like I'm sure you all have, got fed up with them and made my own targeted to bodybuilders. Check it out, read up about it through my website www.jloewy.com and you won't be disappointed.

I will be posting up screenshots of my daily diet, sleep patterns, etc from both of those tools as well as updated pictures/videos a lot throughout this journey. So for everyone who decides to follow along thank you for all the help in keeping me pumping away at the soon to come monotonous lifestyle of prep.
    Jason Loewy
    --IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder--
    --M.S at USC in C.S. with a specialization in Software Engineering --

My Macros+ The Complete Diet Tracking Solution for iOS - Download today!
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-macros/id475249619?ls=1&mt=8

My Workout+ The Complete workout tracking solution for iOS - Download today!
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-workout+/id789343008?ls=1&mt=8

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DieHards77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    One more thing I forgot, everyone can find me on ******** here https://www.********.com/JasonLoewy
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Inspiration off the bat Jason. Awesome work with your studies and crazy that you became an IFPA pro @ 20 years old. You look huge right now.. can't wait to see what it's like when you shred... especially after a 3 year off season

I can see how a computer science major / BBer would be the one to invent the iphone app for macro counting I don't use many apps or have an iphone for that matter but much respect on that as well.

In for the journey
    I'M ON A MISSION. OPERATION: 2013 PRO CARD. JOIN ME FOR THE RIDE ;) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139931113

Thanks man, glad your on board. Morning starting weight of 211 this morning
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

Day 1 and already made a mistake lol was rushing while getting my stuff together and eating breakfast to try and make it to class on time that I forgot to eat my rice cake w/almond butter lol oh well I'll make up for it throughout the rest of the day.
    tired but awesome lift this morning. 275x6 295x4 and 315x3 on the bench press. Followed by sets with 105's on incine db bench and some good accessory work. No cardio today.
    Now for the rest of the day a quick nap is in order and then coffee + school work/studying the rest of the night.
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000) BaFtub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh...I think I know you! :P
    www.youtube.com/flexxinator
    www.3dmusclejourney.com
    www.blogtalkradio.com/nattytalk

Originally Posted by BaFtub View Post
    Oh...I think I know you! :P
    Haha well glad you stopped by
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol glad to see you struggle with eating and studying just as much as I do Your plan looks solid. Can't wait to see the results of 3 years of hard work.
    --Live and Lift

I'm only going to weight in twice a week but being the second day of my diet I did just for the hell of it... 208.2 this morning lol I guess I was eating a lot in the off season
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Will be following, looks like your in a good spot to start this prep, already lean.
    Team 3DMJ!

LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Legs! DROOL! Looking fantastic man. Can't wait to see you progress.

Question about the Jawbone UP. Specifically the alarm feature. I often find that I'm tired not because of how much I sleep, but I'm often awoke during the deepest part of my sleep cycle. I'm looking at getting an alarm like this (lark), and was just wondering if you wake up feeling much less like you want to kill yourself?

PS I'm the creep that just added you on ********.
    Team Mustache

Follow my contest-prep log. It's mustache friendly!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137576793

Add me on ******** so we can be muscle friends!

http://www.********.com/logan.carrington

Originally Posted by LoganCL View Post
    Legs! DROOL! Looking fantastic man. Can't wait to see you progress.

Question about the Jawbone UP. Specifically the alarm feature. I often find that I'm tired not because of how much I sleep, but I'm often awoke during the deepest part of my sleep cycle. I'm looking at getting an alarm like this (lark), and was just wondering if you wake up feeling much less like you want to kill yourself?

PS I'm the creep that just added you on ********.
    Hahah its not being a creep man no worries, had a lot weirder first encounters with people on ******** unfortunately lol

This was the deciding factor about the Up for me was the alarm. I don't know exactly how it decides when to wake you up for for example i set my alarm for 9am the other morning and got woken up at 8:37 when it showed my sleep pattern as lighter (posted a picture from in the app below) Sure i stayed in bed till 915 anyway but thats my fault not the bracelets lol
    Last edited by DieHards77; 02-07-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

So heres something I'm doing today that will most likely happen a lot during this prep. I did my leg workout and then had to run to a meeting. Im going back to the gym later to do my low intensity cardio for the day in a couple of hours. In my mind, its all relative when I do the cardio as long as it gets done.

Also, here is a screenshot of my daily macro totals from yesterday, my first day on the diet.

In terms of my workout for today. Pretty crappy squat performance for my standards but killed it on stiff legs 2 sets of 315x6 on stiff legs.
    Last edited by DieHards77; 02-07-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) llopezxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just wondering what your split is at the moment, are you still doing some 531 stuff?
    Team 3DMJ!

Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000) Blazed is just really nice. (+1000)
    In!
    Instagram - @gourmetpaul

Powerbuilding Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129013

Offering full contest prep, body transformation, and nutritional coaching. PM for inquiries.

Originally Posted by llopezxx View Post
    Just wondering what your split is at the moment, are you still doing some 531 stuff?
    nope I'm back to a bodybuilder type split, heres my split from above

Workout Routine
    Day1: Legs
    Day2: Chest/Arms
    Day3: HIIT
    Day4: Back/Shoulders
    Day5: ARms/Chest
    Day6: Shoulders/Lats
    Day7: HIIT

so today i have HIIT lol But as i was walking home from class i think its about 80 degrees right now so I'm going to hit up the track around 430 or so for some sprints

Originally Posted by Blazed View Post
    In!
    nice man glad to see you found this.
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

Todays update.... holy crap I'm out of cardio shape lol completely died during sprints. Got a lot of work to do to get those number of sprints in a session up to a respectable number lol

Also, here is a screenshot of my pre-wo meal today for anyone that is interested in my food selection/macros

Last edited by DieHards77; 02-08-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

Self proclaimed sorcerer Bnizzle163's Avatar
    Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000) Bnizzle163 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ah what the hell... I'm in!
    *Professional comic book geek* *semi-pro cartoon collector* *full time nerd*

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166076501

Contact me for coaching/contest prep/nutritional services: WRyan163@yahoo.com

IG: @Bnizzle163

Originally Posted by Bnizzle163 View Post
    Ah what the hell... I'm in!
    Nice man, glad to hear it

Prep logs are a lot more fun for me than boring watch me get fat off season logs lol
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hello fellow computer nerd!
    Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113026551

"If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view"

Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    hello fellow computer nerd!
    which means you can expect me to reply asap since im on my computer 24/7 with instant email alerts for thread activity lol
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000) CHRIS925 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DieHards77 View Post
    This was the deciding factor about the Up for me was the alarm. I don't know exactly how it decides when to wake you up for for example i set my alarm for 9am the other morning and got woken up at 8:37 when it showed my sleep pattern as lighter (posted a picture from in the app below) Sure i stayed in bed till 915 anyway but thats my fault not the bracelets lol
    IS THIS rEAL LIFE??!! TELL ME MORE PLEASE.. DOES IT WORK? LINKS? PRICE?
    I'M ON A MISSION. OPERATION: 2013 PRO CARD. JOIN ME FOR THE RIDE ;) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139931113

Originally Posted by CHRIS925 View Post
    www.jawbone.com/up <- check it out its pretty cool and yea it works. $100 for one
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50) LoganCL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CHRIS925 View Post
    Come on babe. Never seen this before? Being next to me in bed so often I thought you would. Wait what?

If you're looking for just a sleeping tracker option, there's also the Lark:

http://www.lark.com/

And there are very inexpensive/free Apps for iPhone that do this as well, you just have to keep your phone in your bed. Keep up with the times brah.

HIIT in 80 degree weather? Eh I'll stick with my grandma long walks. Haha. Keep up the good work!
    Team Mustache

Follow my contest-prep log. It's mustache friendly!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137576793

Add me on ******** so we can be muscle friends!

http://www.********.com/logan.carrington

B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) B-Neva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DieHards77 View Post
    which means you can expect me to reply asap since im on my computer 24/7 with instant email alerts for thread activity lol
    hahaha I am the exact same way
    Workout Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113026551

"If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view"

xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000) xKyle10 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In man huge inspiration. Also dl'd your app a while ago. This UP thing looks interesting is it like a bodybugg? Not sure if im missing something but how is it tracking cals burnt? Heart rate/pulse? Good luck with the prep and masters looking thick as hell.
    For whoever was asking about just a sleep app check put sleep cycle for the iPhone. Been using it a few weeks now and much better waking up after a cycle than deep in one
    ~Sh!tty Chest Crew~ CEO & Founder
    Traditional Wetshaving Crew
    Misc Snapchatters Crew

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146163903

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found.
    There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength.
    Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential,
    It's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000) Frankdaddy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IN on this bro, inspiration to me as we are about the same age and you are doing well with yourself in the sport. Good luck with prep, I will be here tagging a long with my prep as well.
    Team Norton

The Strength Guys

It's time to bring V2.0

Originally Posted by xKyle10 View Post
    In man huge inspiration. Also dl'd your app a while ago. This UP thing looks interesting is it like a bodybugg? Not sure if im missing something but how is it tracking cals burnt? Heart rate/pulse? Good luck with the prep and masters looking thick as hell.
    For whoever was asking about just a sleep app check put sleep cycle for the iPhone. Been using it a few weeks now and much better waking up after a cycle than deep in one
    Originally Posted by Frankdaddy View Post
    IN on this bro, inspiration to me as we are about the same age and you are doing well with yourself in the sport. Good luck with prep, I will be here tagging a long with my prep as well.
    Thanks a lot guys, glad I can be an inspiration. Honestly, im nothing special. Just the result of pretty hard work consistently over a long period of time. I started working out when I was 14 and havent stopped yet.

I'll probably wait a few weeks to take progress pictures but for anyone that doesn't know i work out a couple times a week at muscle beach and ill be there saturday so I'll try to get some lifting videos. On par for Saturday is back and shoulders so I'll see how a little dead lifts feel.

Oh also i realize i forgot your question about tracking calories in the up band, i have no idea how it does it. I don't think it has a heart rate monitor on it. idk about everyone else but I dont worry about numbers when it comes to calories burned. As long as I put in the same amount of time with the same amount or more effort im in good shape.
    Last edited by DieHards77; 02-09-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

So i woke up at 205.6 this morning..... wtf lol down 5.4 pounds since Monday. I love my mesomorph body and how it reacts to calorie changes
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com

Update for today, just got back from the gym. Killed back/shoulders and did some low intensity cardio. Heres a screenshot of my cardio session from the Up app

Not much to report right now, diet going smoothly as ever. Gonna weigh in tomorrow and see where I'm at after almost a week.
    Jason Loewy

Team Norton Representin'
    www.biolayne.com