Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Calories - something I find strange

Just two things I wanted to share. Everybody knows in order to gain muscle you must have a slight caloric surplus. What I don't understand is why some people constantly repeat this caloric surplus thing. As if most peope don't eat enough??

In reality, the overwhelming majority of people in the developed world eat way too much. Even many people in developing countries eat way too much. Why constantly tell people to eat enough (if they want to gain muscle) when they most probably eat too much already? Is there a "danger" of not eating enough or something? I would rather tell people to eat less to build muscle and look leaner, lol...

Secondly, I don't understand people who lift weights and look rather fat /bulky.. do they want to look good and lean like me, or do they just want to be big? I find that quite strange to be honest, but to each his own. If you want to walk around with fat around your waist all the time while being "huge" then go for it :P
    Last edited by Merkava; 10-08-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Zedx?
    Genshai

Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Merkava has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question

What language is that?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    Zedx?
    Lol!

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    Zedx?
    lmao
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not sure if you're asking something, or just expressing your opinion. Though I think you're confusing eating at a caloric surplus (which is advised within the context of a performance supporting diet,) with the general overeating you've observed in developed countries. Even if a person at a caloric surplus is eating a large amount of food they are doing so with a purpose, and their diet will tend to be very different than a person who is not eating mindfully.

You mentioned you "would rather tell people to eat less to build muscle and look leaner", but the human body doesn't operate that way. To build muscle a person needs to consume the right amount of energy and nutrients, in the form of food, to support their activities and growth. The sources and amount of energy necessary to build muscle is heavily argued, though not whether it needs to be at a deficit to achieve the goal.
    Hums the theme to Superman during planks and LYTPs. Now that you've read this, you will too.

All right boys, now watch how this is done. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.
    Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.
    -- Peter Griffin

Go down the line:
    http://www.greatergood.com

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    .. do they want to look good and lean like me, or do they just want to be big? I find that quite strange to be honest, but to each his own. If you want to walk around with fat around your waist all the time while being "huge" then go for it :P
    If you're going to criticize others' appearance, post a pic of yourself to show your 'good and lean' physique, OP.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^^^^ exactly what I was thinking. OP, please post up some pictures so we can all become inspired and motivated to improve.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everybody knows in order to gain muscle you must have a slight caloric surplus.
    This statement is false. You can gain muscle with any caloric surplus large or small.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Secondly, I don't understand people who lift weights and look rather fat /bulky.. do they want to look good and lean like me,

yeah, you're pretty lean alright^^^^^^

Stop Hating Start Lifting zakatak333's Avatar
    zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I personally would encourage an individual to learn about nutrition & promote dietary awareness.
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    If you're going to criticize others' appearance, post a pic of yourself to show your 'good and lean' physique, OP.
    Did I hurt your feelings?

Originally Posted by hammerfelt View Post
    This statement is false. You can gain muscle with any caloric surplus large or small.
    No, you will gain muscle and fat with a high caloric surplus.

Originally Posted by ljimd View Post

yeah, you're pretty lean alright^^^^^^
    I don't take pics of anything, not interested. I don't even have a photo camera.

But let's suppose I were professional photographer. Why on earth would I have to take pics of myself and show it to you? I don't like showing off and I'm not at all interested in impressing you or others.

Originally Posted by wsm9808 View Post
    ^^^^^ exactly what I was thinking. OP, please post up some pictures so we can all become inspired and motivated to improve.
    Did I criticize your physique? Strange people, strange forum. Maybe Americans are a bit strange?

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No, you will gain muscle and fat with a high caloric surplus.
    The fat/muscle ratio gained depends on how you train.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did I criticize your physique? Strange people, strange forum. Maybe Americans are a bit strange?
    So first you criticize people who are "bulky", why can't they be as perfect as YOU! And now you're criticizing "Americans", and you think people here are "strange"? I think you have that backwards.

Just incase you really aren't a troll...

Why constantly tell people to eat enough (if they want to gain muscle) when they most probably eat too much already?
    Because invariably the people who post here saying "i can't gain muscle" are NOT eating enough.

Secondly, I don't understand people who lift weights and look rather fat /bulky.. do they want to look good and lean like me, or do they just want to be big? I find that quite strange to be honest, but to each his own. If you want to walk around with fat around your waist all the time while being "huge" then go for it :P
    Usually if I don't understand something, I ask questions so that I can gain understanding. You just criticize people in what appears to be a away to make yourself feel better.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) flatiron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do they want to look good and lean like me?
    I don't like showing off and I'm not at all interested in impressing you or others.
    Can you recognize the hypocrisy?
    I am not female.
    My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146334033

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just two things I wanted to share. Everybody knows in order to gain muscle you must have a slight caloric surplus. What I don't understand is why some people constantly repeat this caloric surplus thing. As if most peope don't eat enough??

In reality, the overwhelming majority of people in the developed world eat way too much. Even many people in developing countries eat way too much. Why constantly tell people to eat enough (if they want to gain muscle) when they most probably eat too much already? Is there a "danger" of not eating enough or something? I would rather tell people to eat less to build muscle and look leaner, lol...

The average person has 2.7 kids. How many families have you seen with 2.7 kids? What average person or a vast majority of people need or don't need has nothing to do with what an individual does or doesn't need. A vast majority of people don't lift weights so you've pretty much fuked yourself out of your population sample right off the bat.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Did I hurt your feelings?
    You're really clueless, aren't you?

Maybe you people from the Netherlands are a bit strange.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MecGen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Just incase you really aren't a troll...
    Considering his join date and post count, my bet is trolling.