perelandra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perelandra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am so SORE! Should I rest?

Hello, I am following the Jamie Eason Program (in Phase 2) and I am wondering what to do about how sore I am...?

On the 4th (no surprise that the gym would be closed) I did leg circuit training at home for about an hour. I was feeling very energetic and was rocking it out with friends, so perhaps I wasn't as aware of my body as I should have been.

So to make this short, that was at the beginning of the week - now because of pushing myself to do that Cardio that is part of phase 2, I can barely walk and today is another leg workout day!!! I feel like I should take this Saturday and Sunday off (like you do in Phase 1) and start fresh next week, but I am worried whether or not I will see good results by the end of this week...?

Should I allow my legs to rest or should I bite hard and get it done?

Here is what I did for Week 1 in Phase 2: Monday 7-2-12: Back and Cardio (2 hours at the gym)
    Tuesday 7-3-12: Chest, Abs and Cardio (1 hour and 30min at the gym)
    Wednesday 7-4-12: GYM CLOSED! Legs Circuit Training at home (1 hour), Badmitton (1 hour), active
    Thursday 7-5-12: Arms, Abs, Cardio (1 hour and 30 min at the gym) could barely do the Cardio, SORE!
    Friday 7-5-12: Shoulders and Cardio (1 hour at gym) could hardly walk, so skipped cardio, still SORE
    Saturday TODAY: Legs - thinking about resting over the weekend, still sore and walking is hard...

So there you have it and my legs are still killing me - should I rest over the weekend or will that ruin the whole process of Jamie's Program?
    HELP!! Thank you

eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50) eloblivion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Listen to your own body. Everyone is different and these programs are not build for one particular individual are they. Just rest and resume the program when you feel you can.
    http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator

chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chuck442 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm all about active recovery. I you are too sore and your workout out will suffer I wouldn't do my scheduled routine. I do like a ab day or some other type of exercise I normally don't do just to switch it up and keep my body working. That of course depends on your level of sourness. Don't wanna injure yourself. Keep up the good work.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chuck442 View Post
    I'm all about active recovery. I you are too sore and your workout out will suffer I wouldn't do my scheduled routine. I do like a ab day or some other type of exercise I normally don't do just to switch it up and keep my body working. That of course depends on your level of sourness. Don't wanna injure yourself. Keep up the good work.
    Yep, that's the way do it. Rest what's sore and work something else.

perelandra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perelandra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. I went ahead and gave my legs a break, and had a great time Kayaking and working those arm muscles.