Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2500
    MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dear log,

So I asked Jason for advice about my hip flexors since they are bothering me so much. It hurts to do a simple air squat...been doing some mobility work shown in the video below and foam rolling. Not sure when I'll be back to "normal" but my knees are also hurting. I am sick of feeling like I can't do shiit. Walking down my driveway was uncomfortable and it's only slighted inclined. Seriously like wtf right now. I am not sure if I want to continue logging once I finally get back to training. I may take some time away, still undecided. Anyway, here's the vid Jason recommended which I will keep doing

Trying to stay positive but overall I am just frustrated. Not gonna lie either, I know I said I was going to keep bulking but fuk this weight gain is also bothering me. A part of me is like Brittany quit being a little biotch and just dealwithit.jpg, then another part is like you know you want to be just "fit" looking, then another part is like no...I want to be nice and curvy, then I'm just like fuuuuuuuuuuuu idk what to think. Sorry for little rant :/ that's all I got for now. Thanks for following and to all the new subscribers, thanks for still staying subbed despite my little issues going on.
    Patience, dedication, drive.

IG: @miscfit27

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156836923

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you are also on dat deload time...oh lawd, feeling weak as fuk too? D:

Don't stress over the weight gaining, worry about mirror + strength in the gym, and you will be happy
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vitornoob View Post
    you are also on dat deload time...oh lawd, feeling weak as fuk too? D:

Don't stress over the weight gaining, worry about mirror + strength in the gym, and you will be happy
    Yes unfortunately. There was no way I could get by this past week just dropping the weight. Too many issues and discomfort in different places. I've mainly been catching up on sleep...not one urge to lift any weight. Weak would be an understatement! I'll probably do a proper deload next week rather than taking another week off. As far as the weight gain goes, I wouldn't care so much if it were just the number on the scale going up but the bloat is always visible. The only exception is first waking up in the morning. Lol. I know it's minimal but damnit I hate fat! Argh

Btw I hope you go back stronger and with less discomfort in your shoulder after your deload

My Log:

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MiscDemeanor View Post
    Dear log,

So I asked Jason for advice about my hip flexors since they are bothering me so much. It hurts to do a simple air squat...been doing some mobility work shown in the video below and foam rolling. Not sure when I'll be back to "normal" but my knees are also hurting. I am sick of feeling like I can't do shiit. Walking down my driveway was uncomfortable and it's only slighted inclined. Seriously like wtf right now. I am not sure if I want to continue logging once I finally get back to training. I may take some time away, still undecided. Anyway, here's the vid Jason recommended which I will keep doing

Trying to stay positive but overall I am just frustrated. Not gonna lie either, I know I said I was going to keep bulking but fuk this weight gain is also bothering me. A part of me is like Brittany quit being a little biotch and just dealwithit.jpg, then another part is like you know you want to be just "fit" looking, then another part is like no...I want to be nice and curvy, then I'm just like fuuuuuuuuuuuu idk what to think. Sorry for little rant :/ that's all I got for now. Thanks for following and to all the new subscribers, thanks for still staying subbed despite my little issues going on.
    I am still taking time away from logging also... sometimes you need a break from it. I track my overload and progression and just keep it to myself for the most part, even though I am PRing every session.

If you are worried about bloating go on maintence for your deload and take some long walks to burn calories, just avoid anything intense. If you are worried about fat gain, when you get back do a microcut, do 2-3 weeks of cutting then eat back into your bulk.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ahh Joe Defranco's lower body dynamic routine. I've been doing this before every squat session. It definitely gets your lower body ready and gets a nice sweat giong. I follow this up with some pull throughs before I squat. The guy forgot to do hip thrusts.

I also recommend foam rolling if you aren't already.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fellow knee pain member here. Really getting me down, as is dieting so I know your feels

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    I am still taking time away from logging also... sometimes you need a break from it. I track my overload and progression and just keep it to myself for the most part, even though I am PRing every session.

If you are worried about bloating go on maintence for your deload and take some long walks to burn calories, just avoid anything intense. If you are worried about fat gain, when you get back do a microcut, do 2-3 weeks of cutting then eat back into your bulk.
    I've been eating at maintenance calories since 09-24 with the exception of yesterday when I pigged out at Chili's with my family. I was like fuk counting calories. I used to hate going out and worrying about ordering something macro friendly off the menu and trying to make it fit. I just enjoyed myself, a lot actually. Got a little tipsy off of this 16 ounce margarita (was delicious btw) and my family was like wtf is wrong with her. My mom even asked my boyfriend if I was ok because she had never seen me eat so much in one sitting. She laughed about it...anyway if t comes down to it I will consider a small cut. I may actually do this just for Halloween. Nobody wants to see a bloated French maid (not srs lol) thanks for the support J. If I do decide to cut I most likely won't be logging

Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    Ahh Joe Defranco's lower body dynamic routine. I've been doing this before every squat session. It definitely gets your lower body ready and gets a nice sweat giong. I follow this up with some pull throughs before I squat. The guy forgot to do hip thrusts.

I also recommend foam rolling if you aren't already.
    Just looked up pull throughs since I was unaware about those. Thanks for that! I usually do a lot of air squats, foam rolling, and stretching before but I'm going to warm up with some of the exercises in his routine from now on and foam rolling of course.

Originally Posted by midcoastking33 View Post
    Fellow knee pain member here. Really getting me down, as is dieting so I know your feels
    When I first started squatting in April my knees caved in because I was weak and just really didn't know how to squat properly. Also happened with sumo. Now it haunts me and the pain will creep up on me at random times. Lately it's been a constant thing...getting out of the car sometimes is uncomfortable. Jason recommended I get checked out by a doctor but at the moment I don't have enough PTO at work to do that. Soooo I will have to wait another 3 weeks or so. Dieting is a pain in the ass and sometimes just wanna eat whatever the fk I want and not worry about counting. So yesterday I gave myself that break

My Log:

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When doing your pull throughs squeeze the sh!t out of your glutes at the top.

When doing your pull throughs squeeze the sh!t out of your glutes at the top.
    Will do. IF I don't feel too ridiculous doing them tomorrow

My Log:

Dear log,

Today was not much of a deload BUT good news is I feel a hell of a lot better compared to last week. I caught up on a bunch of sleep and ate at maintenance calories. Overall just relaxed and it felt good man. Today went pretty good and my forearm didn't hurt hardly at all because I narrowed my grip on both BB rows and BB curls. Made a HUGE difference. My dips are getting better so please ignore my wee little 3 reps. Working on the forward lean and getting more depth but they are improving one week at a time...no bench PR's today. Starting over with these and working up since I am not a fan of doing only 1 rep. I'm going to get that 100 x 5 by myself if it kills me. JK inb4 I crush my chest, or face.

Upper Body Power

Bench
    65 x 10
    85 x 6
    90 x 5
    95 x 5 x 2

BB Rows
    100 x 5 x 2
    110 x 5 x 2

OHP
    70 x 5 x 2
    75 x 3
    80 x 2

Dips
    BW x 3
    BW x 4
    BW x 3

BB Curls
    60 x 6 x 3

CGBP
    70 x 5
    75 x 5
    80 x 5 x 2

Gonna do some more mobility work and foam rolling then off to bed!

My Log:

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good stuff Britt, looks like the downtime did you some good.

Nice workout. If your gym has an assisted dip machine you can work on that and slowly lessen the weight used.

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Good stuff Britt, looks like the downtime did you some good.
    Well you helped me a lot too so thanks

Nice workout. If your gym has an assisted dip machine you can work on that and slowly lessen the weight used.
    Blah. I hate assisted anything. I'd rather just work with my own BW and slowly increase reps. I was doing assisted dips earlier in the summer and didn't feel like they were helping my strength all that much. Plus, since I'm trying to work on the forward lean, the lever will just get in the way of that. I'll get another video up soon of my dips to see if there's any improvement from the last one!

My Log:

TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheReverend has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not pleased you havent made a Gangnam Style vid yet.

Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    *stumbles in*

Hello, heaven sent beautiful woman of my dreams.
    Upgraded from "curls for the girls" to "rows for the hoes".

Ryan's Supp. Stack
    ----------------------
    r2's WILLpower -- now completely free of bitchassness!

Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Not pleased you havent made a Gangnam Style vid yet.
    Ahahaha!! I love that song! Don't say I won't do it either...I think that would be an awesome video what do you think? Lulz

Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
    *stumbles in*

Hello, heaven sent beautiful woman of my dreams.
    Ryan! Long time no talk, here at least. There's always ******** stumble in more often. K thx

My Log:

Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MiscDemeanor View Post
    Ryan! Long time no talk, here at least. There's always ******** stumble in more often. K thx
    I'm trying to make more time for this here BB.com thang.
    Life's been way cray.

I read through the past 10 or so pages of the log and all I can really say is you're doing SO well. Definitely motivating to me.
    Son, I am proud. :')

And finally, my number hasnt changed either. So unless you got rid of it in a fit of rage, you're more than welcome to use that anytime.
    Upgraded from "curls for the girls" to "rows for the hoes".

Ryan's Supp. Stack
    ----------------------
    r2's WILLpower -- now completely free of bitchassness!

Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
    I'm trying to make more time for this here BB.com thang.
    Life's been way cray.

I read through the past 10 or so pages of the log and all I can really say is you're doing SO well. Definitely motivating to me.
    Son, I am proud. :')

And finally, my number hasnt changed either. So unless you got rid of it in a fit of rage, you're more than welcome to use that anytime.
    Wow thanks for reading through all that. Some crazy ish up in here! Glad I could motivate you and of course I still have it! It's been a while lol

My Log:

Dear log,

Went to the doctor and I'm pretty sure I wasted 30 bucks on my co-pay. He told me to lay off squats or work on my form because apparently you're supposed to point your toes inwards instead of out Long story short I will probably just get some knee sleeves or something but the pain I was experiencing did subside. When they become inflamed I'm just going to ice it and take some ibuprofen. Good thing is it's not anything too serious at least. Didn't squat today because my hip flexors still hurt like a motherfcker. Today was kind of experimental so nothing special.

Did some mobility work first...225 went up with ease but could not get 235. Darn. Grip suffered horribly because my palms sweat like crazy. Going to consider ****gy straps

Sumo
    165 x 5
    225 x 1 x 2
    230 x 1
    205 x 3
    192.5 x 3 haha used the wrong size plate. derp
    195 x 3
    185 x 5

Walking BB Lunges
    70 x 20 x 3

Leg Press
    270 x 6
    360 x 5 low foot placement
    360 x 5 mid foot placement
    360 x 5 low
    270 x 5

Goodmornings
    85 x 8
    75 x 6
    these did not feel good at all

Lying Leg Curls
    50 x 8
    70 x 6 x 2

Standing Calf Raises
    110 x 10 x 2

Question: Where do you guys put your feet on the leg press sled? I've noticed I get a way better feel in my glutes the lower my feet are placed. If I place them in the middle I feel it more in my quads but also in my glutes, just a slightly different feel. Just wondering

My Log:

ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ErickStevens has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Liquid Grip > Straps.
    "Nutrition for powerlifting: If you are serious about it, you will eat f*cking everything and get strong as $hit." - HamburgerTrain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163165741

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    generally speaking, the narrower is your stance, greater load on the outside of the tights, and the opposite for inside of the thighs
    higher feet positioning , greater load on hams and gluteus, lower feet positioning, greater load on the quads
    Last edited by vitornoob; 10-03-2012 at 05:12 AM.

wants to be called Dan. hcoyle545's Avatar
    hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hcoyle545 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Liquid Grip > Straps.
    Thought you would've been more of a raw chalk kina guy erik.
    BJJ / Greyskull LP log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166276471&p=1337135191&posted=1#post1337135191

snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) snrygo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    generally speaking, the narrower is your stance, greater load on the outside of the tights, and the opposite for inside of the thighs
    higher feet positioning , greater load on the quads, lower feet positioning, greater load on hams and gluteus
    You got the first part right but the second part is wrong.

Higher foot placement on the sled pad: glutes to da max
    Lower foot placement: quads baby!
    AAU World SJ Powerlifting Champion, 2014

Owner/Founder of StrongerYou Personal Training

BTK-no excuses

Originally Posted by snrygo View Post

yes, lol...I was thinking correctly and wrote it wrongly...

already edited, thanks m8

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ever consider dropping lunges? They should hurt hip flexors the most.
    Seek truth and reason

brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brendbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1. eat @ maintenance
    2. gain strength
    3. recomp
    4. profit

seriously though, it comes down to what your goals are but there is no reason you can't gain strength without actively gaining weight, and if it's causing more harm than good then why the fck do it?

cycling between bulking and cutting.... it's mentally fcking exhausting, and i know even the almighty AA agrees that most would be best off not bothering. lifting is only 1 aspect of our lives and who we are, and for most isn't worth the amount of stress it can reign down on every other part of your life.

ultimately though, work toward your goal - one that you have internalised and that you desire & not one that others have imposed onto you.
    Last edited by brendbro; 10-03-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Originally Posted by ErickStevens View Post
    Liquid Grip > Straps.
    I feel like I could pull a lot more but the bar literally slips out of my hand. Pisses me off when I try to lock out and can't hold it at the top because the bar will slip. Will have to grab some of that though as long as it isn't messy or else the employees will have a bitch fit. Thanks Eric!

higher feet positioning , greater load on hams and gluteus, lower feet positioning, greater load on the quads
    Originally Posted by snrygo View Post

Thanks both of you. Team work! Haha

Originally Posted by hcoyle545 View Post
    Thought you would've been more of a raw chalk kina guy erik.
    I honestly just thought Eric had magical palms or something

Originally Posted by RugbyTank View Post
    Ever consider dropping lunges? They should hurt hip flexors the most.
    I was trying to rule out what the main culprit was. Strangely enough I do not feel discomfort in my hip flexors doing lunges. I freakin love them! Works up a really good sweat, burns so good and keeps my heart rate up. 60 total lunges is murder but no I've never considered dropping them. Squats seem to be the main issue

Originally Posted by brendbro View Post
    1. eat @ maintenance
    2. gain strength
    3. recomp
    4. profit

seriously though, it comes down to what your goals are but there is no reason you can't gain strength without actively gaining weight, and if it's causing more harm than good then why the fck do it?

cycling between bulking and cutting.... it's mentally fcking exhausting, and i know even the almighty AA agrees that most would be best off not bothering. lifting is only 1 aspect of our lives and who we are, and for most isn't worth the amount of stress it can reign down on every other part of your life.

ultimately though, work toward your goal - one that you have internalised and that you desire & not one that others have imposed onto you.
    You know what, I am really glad you said this. I was talking to myself yesterday (yes I was) and wondering if I'd just be spinning my wheels eating at maintenance cals. I don't want to plateau on strength gains, that's a big fear of mine but I don't want to cut either. Sick of that shiit from cutting for 7 months straight. I am not training for anything specifically so no big deal to force something on myself. I just enjoy lifting and the physique and strength gains will come gradually. I've been in a tiny deficit lately and losing a little bit of what I gained but I feel way better when I look in the mirror. When I say tiny I mean like 100 cals below maintenance...anyway, i know what I ultimately want to achieve so I'll just have to be patient. This helped me a lot

My Log:

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lunges require abunch of hip mobility and I've rarely seen people complete lunges properly.
    At that frequency, you could be compounding hip strain.

If it comes down to it, I would 1000x Squats>Lunges, stay safe op :P
    Seek truth and reason

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey butthead, re your hip pain, I don't know what sort of pre-hab you do (if any), but you should definitely take a look through this site as it's loaded with effective stretches & mobility drills for all manner of issues. Vids & explanations for errything.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/

http://www.mobilitywod.com/tag/hip < Specific posts about hips.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2012/01/e...er-mob-rx.html < I do this in addition to the Agile 8 before all lower body work.

Well worth the time when you get a chance.
    Delirious Mutant.

Originally Posted by RugbyTank View Post
    Lunges require abunch of hip mobility and I've rarely seen people complete lunges properly.
    At that frequency, you could be compounding hip strain.

If it comes down to it, I would 1000x Squats>Lunges, stay safe op :P
    When I do lunges, I make sure my knees don't go past my toes and I get really good depth. I don't like half assing these. Yeah I agree that sometimes it's hard to get down right but once you got it you got it! I'm a big fan of high volume also. I like doing more than what's "necessary" and again lunges don't put strain on my hip flexors like squats do. I'll be back to squatting soon enough...just gotta do some more mobility work and stretching. All that good stuff

Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    Hey butthead, re your hip pain, I don't know what sort of pre-hab you do (if any), but you should definitely take a look through this site as it's loaded with effective stretches & mobility drills for all manner of issues. Vids & explanations for errything.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/

http://www.mobilitywod.com/tag/hip < Specific posts about hips.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2012/01/e...er-mob-rx.html < I do this in addition to the Agile 8 before all lower body work.

Well worth the time when you get a chance.
    I <3 you for this. Looked at everything and I'll be doing this also along with the Agile 8. All good shiit! Thanks a bunch

My Log: