Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoratioC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So somebody in the know told me that a very clear cut career path that will get you a nice salary and a fairly comfortable life is to get an engineering degree work a couple of years, and then go for a masters in ba. Sounds good if you're into sitting at your desk all day... What career choices do diploma holders have in the US?
    ( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

Still fat as fkc (lost 15 kg but having a hard time keeping it there :()
    left trapz bigger than right trapz crew
    straight penor crew
    friendly but quiet guy irl crew
    people never follow me back on twitter crew

Blink 182 Crew

michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelscotch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does anyone have any advice for obtaining a job for a future time? I am moving to a difference city in September and would like to secure a job - just don't know how to approach places or when the best time to do so is.

I currently work at a retirement home. There is one owned by the same company in the city I am moving to, and they happen to be hiring now. I e-mailed the hiring manager and explained the situation, and heard nothing back! It has only been a week though. Not sure what more to do to get his attention.

Any advice misc?

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by michaelscotch View Post
    Does anyone have any advice for obtaining a job for a future time? I am moving to a difference city in September and would like to secure a job - just don't know how to approach places or when the best time to do so is.

I currently work at a retirement home. There is one owned by the same company in the city I am moving to, and they happen to be hiring now. I e-mailed the hiring manager and explained the situation, and heard nothing back! It has only been a week though. Not sure what more to do to get his attention.

Any advice misc?
    Call him.

E-mail's are easy to pass-off until later. A phone-call and/or voice-mail, however, is more likely to obtain a response.

Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scarbarrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you know of any

Grants
    Goverment funding
    Busaries

Websites please post them here.

for UK/America/Canada
    UNMC
    Walk around like ur bigger than prince.

Career/ED Misc
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144772761&p=890314821#post890314821

Repping MMA brahs on sight

sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000) sups31 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Graduated last week with BBA in marketing management.

Currently unemployed and feeling worthless.

c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by QueefstainCarl View Post
    did you get your certifications by studying a book or did you take classes at a college? I found online certification courses online through my local college. What do you recommend? Is having certifications the first step or should i just go back to school for a bachelors degree in IT?
    Most job openings I seen ask for a degree and lists certifications as preferred. I would get both if you can. If not A.S with few certifications and can land you an entry level job.

For my Security+ certification I did an online class though Army eLearning platform and having background in information security helped me get it.
    CCNA was combination of classes at school, Army eLearning platform and other study materials.

Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Saureus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't feel like making a ****ty thread for just a rant but this is education so ya.

Don't you effing hate when a professor writes a ****ing test thats literally impossible to finish in time if you go into the detail they want in your damn answers. I mean wtf I'm always the first one done and get an A but this test I didn't stop writing the whole time, knew everything and still couldnt finish

/rant
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #18 -!!!---!!!-

2nd year PhD student
    1st year lifting

jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jesseb22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    finished my 2nd year double majoring in accounting and business-finance. interning this summer at an accounting firm in NYC. any questions regarding interviews/internships/my major/or being a college athlete feel free to message me
    -2009 join date crew

P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) P51 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iBrooklyn View Post
    Anyone want to tell me about their dorm life? My college won't offer dorms until the fall of 2013 ( under construction atm).

Also how much do you pay to dorm? Does financial aid cover it?
    Dorm life is like a fun prison. You will sleep 3 feet from someone else. They will annoy you, you will wish you lived alone. The benefit is you meet a lot of friends in the building who can help you out through college and after.

Yes it can be covered.
    | ♫Audiophile♫ | To ∞ & → | The Ohio State University Alumni |

Headphone question?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139399693

Crohn's Awareness Week. Aware Yourself!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150077053

MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can probably help anyone that's just graduated or up to about 3-4 years work experience. I've had a couple of jobs in various finance positions - I've interviewed at many places and given interviews to potential candidates. I also have my own start-up firm.

Prefer to answer "What should I do with my life?" questions or you can email your resume for criticism. Would be happy to help.
    Last edited by MangoPort; 05-21-2012 at 04:22 PM.

StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MangoPort View Post
    I can probably help anyone that's just graduated or up to about 3-4 years work experience. I've had a couple of jobs in various finance positions - I've interviewed a many places and given interviews to potential candidates. I also have my own start-up firm.

Prefer to answer "What should I do with my life?" questions or you can email your resume for criticism. Would be happy to help.
    Hey man. I'm about to finish my third year with a Statistics/Psychology double major. I want to become involved with the quantitative side of finance, but I don't have any direct experience with finance, nor a directly related major to finance. How would I approach optaining a position to develop experience with little specific knowledge?

I have been told that I would just say that "I may not know all the answers now, but I am excited to learn." To me this seems hokey, but maybe I am uninformed.

MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000) MangoPort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StatisticsBrah View Post
    Hey man. I'm about to finish my third year with a Statistics/Psychology double major. I want to become involved with the quantitative side of finance, but I don't have any direct experience with finance, nor a directly related major to finance. How would I approach optaining a position to develop experience with little specific knowledge?

I have been told that I would just say that "I may not know all the answers now, but I am excited to learn." To me this seems hokey, but maybe I am uninformed.
    For the position you're looking for they are really only looking for "smart guys". Some relatively senior positions require no work experience but a PhD (or at the minimum a master's) while others will take you on if you can demonstrate from your resume that you are both extremely clever AND interested.

You're telling me you're doing a double major in statistics/psychology. Why psychology? It makes it look like finance isn't your ABSOLUTE interest, and when it comes down to a choice between you (with let's say a 3.7 avg) vs some other guy that took just finance and only got a 3.3, I'm probably going to interview the other guy because quantitative finance isn't just a passing phase for him. Even if I'm aware you're probably the smarter guy.

Your resume and life needs to tell a story about where you're going. So you're going to want to re-work it so it focuses on all the stats you've done, and a cover letter should talk about enrolling in the CFA after graduation (even if it's not true).

Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Errorist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm a senior double majoring in engineering and chemistry, and I just got a full time job a month ago at a chemical research facility as a Research Assistant (usually graduate only position). If you feel passionate about the material, don't be afraid to apply for jobs you really want, even if you think you're a little under qualified. Make sure you have a bangin resume though. Aside from having only a 3.2 and 3.5 GPA respectfully, my sh!t looks untouchable.
    "Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."

MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MiscN00b is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Errorist View Post
    I'm a senior double majoring in engineering and chemistry, and I just got a full time job a month ago at a chemical research facility as a Research Assistant (usually graduate only position). If you feel passionate about the material, don't be afraid to apply for jobs you really want, even if you think you're a little under qualified. Make sure you have a bangin resume though. Aside from having only a 3.2 and 3.5 GPA respectfully, my sh!t looks untouchable.
    please elaborate on said bagin resume
    "He pretends to be a duck, but he's not. He's a f*cking scam artist!" ~ Jason "Giovanni" Genova, Dark Sith Lord.

vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vork125 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone have tips for resumes or know any good websites? I'm trying to get an internship this summer.

Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zkskee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Currently doing a degree in Communications (oriented towards Advertising/Public Relations) - although I'm considering something post-grad around Marketing to not only improve my skills but improve my chances for a better salary down the line. Anyone in related fields have an opinion on this?

From a communications background how can I improve on my potential salary through qualifications or for example focusing on a certain industry or position?

mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mhraza is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

Im currently at the end of 2nd year of my studies, doing commerce and psychology minoring in organisational psychology.
    Im just about to go on uni break and got a job as a sales consultant at a recruitment firm which is a 55k base and projected 75k-100k with bonuses.
    At the moment what I think I want to do is get into management consulting, become a sales consultant for a top firm and open up my own firm hopefully.
    If I want to continue the job I will have to defer my studies because most universities wont offer psychology externally, and the jobs Mon - Fri.
    Job seems like it holds high hopes for what I want to do and they even have a consulting sector.
    Should I stick with the job or continue with my studies? What would give me the best chance at where I want to end up?
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \

sup brahs

REPS ON SITE:
    Mak3don3c

StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StatisticsBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MangoPort View Post
    For the position you're looking for they are really only looking for "smart guys". Some relatively senior positions require no work experience but a PhD (or at the minimum a master's) while others will take you on if you can demonstrate from your resume that you are both extremely clever AND interested.

You're telling me you're doing a double major in statistics/psychology. Why psychology? It makes it look like finance isn't your ABSOLUTE interest, and when it comes down to a choice between you (with let's say a 3.7 avg) vs some other guy that took just finance and only got a 3.3, I'm probably going to interview the other guy because quantitative finance isn't just a passing phase for him. Even if I'm aware you're probably the smarter guy.

Your resume and life needs to tell a story about where you're going. So you're going to want to re-work it so it focuses on all the stats you've done, and a cover letter should talk about enrolling in the CFA after graduation (even if it's not true).
    Would it matter that I have a 4.0 in Statistics? I get what you are saying about the mismatched interests though. I entered college as a psychology major, but I relized that what I liked about psychology demanded you to find confirmation through statistics. This caused me to shift over, but I am so close to completing my psych degree that it seems like a waste not to complete it. Is this a mistake? Should I just leave it off?
    I guess my main question would be what is the best way to demonstrate that I am focused on finance? Is it taking a ton of finance classes? Landing an internship with a finance company(how?)? or just claiming that I am going for my CFA?

wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wakeeb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    -I want to be a career Firefighter
    -Went to fire school right out of highschool, graduated top 3
    -Traveled 16 hours to apply for a job in Ontario, out of 1400 people who wrote the test only 108 passed and I was one of them
    -In about 2 hours i'll be writing the test for my hometown
    -Confidence is sky high right now
    -Volunteer at my local Fire Dept.
    -Feelsgoodman knowing what I want to do with my life
    *07 GSXR 600*
    ** Knee Draggers Unite Crew**
    *2013 Ram 1500 Sport*

Misc Firefighter Brah

God's got my back (srs) datboigene's Avatar
    datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    okay bros, red raider can you take a look at my resume?

Also my sister said she's willing to help people who are in NY and would like some accounting jobs. She currently works for JP Morgan as an accountant but interned for Ernst and Young 2 years ago, and Citibank last year

Also i can help the doctors on misc, i work in radiology (in b4 what's this) and its some of the highest paid doctors out there, lots of schooling, but i can hook you up with directors, letters of recommendation, and various other things in this field

check out www.auntminnie.com if you want more about this and shoot me a pm if you've got questions

also check out auntminnie.com
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Justin Beiber

~VA Crew~

*Scared to put crews in my sig because i might be the only member crew*
    *Put it in my sig anyway crew*
    *Nervous crew*
    *Might delete crews to save face crew*
    *got turned down by guy whom I offered threesome to crew*

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm almost done my undergrad majoring in Applied Math. Going to finish with a 2.0 gpa.

How ****ed am I?
    "If you can read this and still disagree, fantastic; just realize that you’re wrong." - Lyle McDonald

"We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Half of the stuff I say is said to piss you off. Everything else is just a lead up to me trolling you.

datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) datboigene has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MUFC View Post
    I'm almost done my undergrad majoring in Applied Math. Going to finish with a 2.0 gpa.

How ****ed am I?
    plan on going to grad school, move to DC area, math majors in high demand..?????? you like engineering? if you can do math, i'm sure engineering won't be TOO BAD RIGHT?

could salvage this
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Justin Beiber

~VA Crew~

*Nervous crew*

MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by datboigene View Post
    plan on going to grad school, move to DC area, math majors in high demand..?????? you like engineering? if you can do math, i'm sure engineering won't be TOO BAD RIGHT?

could salvage this
    I live in Canada, and i am willing to relocate anywhere that isn't Hicktown, USA.

I'm not sure any graduate school will take me with a 2.0 gpa.

My current plan:

Get a job at a bank/as an insurance agent/copywriter
    Work on Actuarial exams
    "If you can read this and still disagree, fantastic; just realize that you’re wrong." - Lyle McDonald

"We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Half of the stuff I say is said to piss you off. Everything else is just a lead up to me trolling you.

I live in Canada, and i am willing to relocate anywhere that isn't Hicktown, USA.

I'm not sure any graduate school will take me with a 2.0 gpa.

My current plan:

Get a job at a bank/as an insurance agent/copywriter
    Work on Actuarial exams
    you'll be very surprised, graduate programs can be leinient man, do great on entry exams, explain that the undergrad was difficult, and yes, the DC area's actuarial salaries start at 102k in fairfax, it's absolute madness man. I think you need the grad school for people to overlook the 2.0

~VA Crew~

*Nervous crew*

you'll be very surprised, graduate programs can be leinient man, do great on entry exams, explain that the undergrad was difficult, and yes, the DC area's actuarial salaries start at 102k in fairfax, it's absolute madness man. I think you need the grad school for people to overlook the 2.0
    I was thinking that once I got a job somewhere doing something somewhat relevant, my performance at work would be the basis of further evaluation.

Of course, the first job will be the one that is difficult to get, but I'm hoping that I can get in the door as a bank teller.

I was thinking that once I got a job somewhere doing something somewhat relevant, my performance at work would be the basis of further evaluation.

Of course, the first job will be the one that is difficult to get, but I'm hoping that I can get in the door as a bank teller.
    do tellers pay well in canada? in the US it's a bit of a lower entry job really..

~VA Crew~

*Nervous crew*

do tellers pay well in canada? in the US it's a bit of a lower entry job really..
    Not at all, but it's a start.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Not at all, but it's a start.

Beggars can't be choosers.
    college students can though

good luck on whatever you choose man

~VA Crew~

*Nervous crew*

college students can though

good luck on whatever you choose man
    I figure that, if the absolute best I can do is a bank teller as my first real job, that's much better than living off my parents, looking for a more ideal position.

Thanks, brah

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wakeeb View Post
    -I want to be a career Firefighter
    -Went to fire school right out of highschool, graduated top 3
    -Traveled 16 hours to apply for a job in Ontario, out of 1400 people who wrote the test only 108 passed and I was one of them
    -In about 2 hours i'll be writing the test for my hometown
    -Confidence is sky high right now
    -Volunteer at my local Fire Dept.
    -Feelsgoodman knowing what I want to do with my life
    Good luck. I always thought you had to serve as an EMT prior to becoming a firefighter though?

How ****ed am I?
    Not f**ked at all. Applied Math is one of those majors that is highly sought after in multiple industries. A quantitative background is attractive for many financial companies, because it is a skill/talent that can't be readily taught.

Unless your GPA is around 3.75+, you wouldn't be listing it in your resume anyways.

Becoming a retail bank teller is a decent first step, but your salary won't be too easy to live off of. If I were you, I'd work on the resume/cover letters and find a better opportunity.