Closed Thread
Page 19 of 161 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast
    wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Salamalaikum brother Sk,

Brother can you please check whether, the below Mufassirs after bringing these views affirmed them or rejected them?

Allah Himself has sent His special Salam to the Ahl al-Bayt (عليهم السلام) as well (37:130):

سلام علي آل يس

Salam be upon the family of Yasin!

In Tafsir Maqatil ibn Sulayman, vol. 3, p. 106, we read:

قال الفراء عن حيان الكلبي: آل ياسين يعني به النبي (صلى الله عليه) فإذا قال سلام على إل ياسين, فالمعنى سلام على آل محمد (صلى الله عليه (

Al-Farra narrated that Hayyan al-Kalbi said: “Family of Yasin: Yasin refers to the Prophet. So, when He said: ‘Salam be upon the family of Yasin!’, the meaning is ‘Salam be upon the family of Muhammad!’”

Ibn Abu Hatim in his Tafsir, vol. 10, p. 3225 also states:

عن ابن عباس في قوله: سلام على إل ياسين قال: نحن آل محمد آل ياسين

Ibn ‘Abbas said regarding the verse ‘Salam be upon the family of Yasin!’: “We are the family of Muhammad, the family of Yasin.”

Imam al-Qurtubi in his Tafsir, vol. 15, p. 4 also states:

وقالوا في قوله تعالى: (سَلَامٌ عَلَى آل يَاسِينَ), أي: على آل محمد. وقال سعيد بن جبير: هو الاسم من الاسماء محمد

They said regarding the verse ‘Salam be upon the family of Yasin’: meaning, the family of Muhammad. Sa’id ibn Jubayr said: Yasin is a name of Muhammad.

Ibn Kathir too in his Tafsir, vol. 4, p. 22 states:

وقرأ آخرون: (( سَلَامٌ عَلَى إِل يَاسِينَ )), يعني آل محمد

Others recite: “Salam be upon the family of Yasin”, meaning the family of Muhammad.

Al-Hakim al-Haskani in his Shawahid al-Tanzil, vol. 2, p. 165 has recorded the statement from Ibn ‘Abbas that the family of Yasin is the family of Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) from four distinct chains!

wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellwisher4u will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chashma1 View Post
    Did Abbas (ra), prophet's (pbuh) uncle, fought against Muslims at badr?
    Yes.

1) Ali (ra) and Aisha (ra) among others migrated to medina after the prophet (pbuh) .
    Just wondering how come they weren't persecuted when they were left all alone?
    Because they were from strong tribes and persecuting them would have been useless, rather it would have made their tribes against their killers.

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wellwisher4u View Post
    Salamalaikum brother Sk,

Brother can you please check whether, the below Mufassirs after bringing these views affirmed them or rejected them?
    As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
    Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
    Allahuma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een wa sallim

There's a difference of opinion on that. There are definitely some mufassirs who considered it a valid view. Others said it makes no sense in the context of the surah because the pattern is that the story of a Prophet (pbuh) is discussed then at the end the peace and blessings are sent to the family of that Prophet (pbuh). So in this case it is "Ilyass" who is being discussed, so it doesn't make much contextual sense to send peace and blessings upon the family of Muhammad (pbuh) as opposed to the family of Ilyass (pbuh) who was just mentioned. It also breaks the pattern of sending peace and blessings as was done in the rest of the surah. The people who support the other view say that "Yaseen" is one of the names of the Prophet (pbuh), which is true.

You can read more about that here:

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...1&LanguageId=1

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SYRIANKID has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Kurd4evah View Post
    Asalamou Alakoum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu

SK I've asked this a lot actually. Its regarding voting again.

Brother Bilal Philips was at my local Masjid Friday did the khutbah and we had Q&A afterwards. (pretty sure he came to Toronto afterwards)

Anyways so I asked him regarding this. This surprised me.

He said it is OBLIGATORY on a Muslim to vote for the lesser of the evil in a Non Shariah State and said it is under Shariah.

That's not true, it would be obligatory to choose the lesser of two evils if there really are only two choices: vote for this evil or vote for that evil.

That's not the case. In this case there is a risk-free option called "vote for no evil". Maybe in a country where they will kill you for not voting for one of two equally harmful candidates his view would make sense, but it certainly doesn't apply in civil society.

Voting for any evil candidate means you are empowering them to perform haram. If Bilal wants to share in all the haram that he voted for, that's his choice, and he will be questioned for the people he helped achieve power.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post862373251

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    *** There is no one free of all need, of whom all else are in absolute need, but God ***

Pbuh: If anyone testifies that None has the right to be worshipped but God Alone Who has no partners, and that Muhammad is His Servant and His Apostle, and that Jesus is God's Servant and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true, God will admit him into Paradise

Did Abbas (ra), prophet's (pbuh) uncle, fought against Muslims at badr?

I don't think he actually fought or killed any Muslims. I think he was a Muslim at the time who was coerced by the polytheists to participate because he was so important, but then he made a plan to get captured very easily so he could be ransomed to free Muslims. I'd need to dig up sources for that though.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

1) Ali (ra) and Aisha (ra) among others migrated to medina after the prophet (pbuh) .
    Just wondering how come they weren't persecuted when they were left all alone?

2) any guess on how old was Ali (ra) at the time of badr?

1) Not everyone who was Muslim was persecuted, especially if they were related to important people in the tribe (there would be repercussions)

2) If badr was fought 2 years after hijrah (migration), and Ali (may God be pleased with him) was born around 24 years before hijrah, that would make him around 26. That's an easy one to research I think if you want to double check.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As-salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

What do you think about gender segregation? On sunniforum.com, I have read a lot of views that mixed gatherings should be completly disallowed, that mixed schools should be prohibited. I have even read that male taxi drivers should not allow women to enteir cars (one lone view).

Although I am personally against frivolous interaction between non-mahram people because that is the Islamic position, I also wonder where do we draw the line out of practical reasons. As I understand it from the history of the Prophet (pbuh) and the Companions (ra), gender segregation was in place, yes, but I don't think it necessarily reflects what is talked about on sunniforum.

For example, Aisha (ra) taught the Tabi'in (rah) hadiths. Granted some were her relatives like 'Urwa (rah), but I don't think they were all her relatives (that's my assumption). The other wives also transmitted from the Prophet (pbuh) and I don't think that everybody was related to them.

What is your take on this? What is the Islamic view (or an alternative Islamic view since the view represented on sunniforum.com is one)? Or is it how it portrayed on sunniforum.com?
    Le pouvoir est ? Dieu.

BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BalkanPrince has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post
    zavrsavam srednju - evo radim maturski

kontam ili na masinstvo ili vamo na ovaj privatni 'burch' na elektrotehniku Inšallah

sry brahs but i have to do some small-talk in my language
    Ozbiljno!? Pa brate ja sam sada na Burch-u. BUJRUM.

Treba mi neko s kojim mogu koristiti misc meme-je. haha

chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1) When was is it revealed that concubines are halal for Muslims?

2) What did the Muslims do with women before the revelation?

3) Is it permissible to kill female soldiers if they're putting up good fight on the battlefield and there's no other way to contain them?
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.

Check it out:- http://www.tahara.ca/products.html

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Originally Posted by kassit View Post

What do you think about gender segregation? On sunniforum.com, I have read a lot of views that mixed gatherings should be completly disallowed, that mixed schools should be prohibited. I have even read that male taxi drivers should not allow women to enteir cars (one lone view).

Although I am personally against frivolous interaction between non-mahram people because that is the Islamic position, I also wonder where do we draw the line out of practical reasons. As I understand it from the history of the Prophet (pbuh) and the Companions (ra), gender segregation was in place, yes, but I don't think it necessarily reflects what is talked about on sunniforum.

For example, Aisha (ra) taught the Tabi'in (rah) hadiths. Granted some were her relatives like 'Urwa (rah), but I don't think they were all her relatives (that's my assumption). The other wives also transmitted from the Prophet (pbuh) and I don't think that everybody was related to them.

What is your take on this? What is the Islamic view (or an alternative Islamic view since the view represented on sunniforum.com is one)? Or is it how it portrayed on sunniforum.com?

I don't know of anything that indicates gender segregation is required in Islam. Some people can do that if they are more comfortable at parties/gatherings.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post316286981

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

1) When was is it revealed that concubines are halal for Muslims?

2) What did the Muslims do with women before the revelation?

3) Is it permissible to kill female soldiers if they're putting up good fight on the battlefield and there's no other way to contain them?

1) That's found in two verses:

Those who hold to the truth of the Day of Judgment; And those who fear the displeasure of their Lord,- For their Lord's displeasure is the opposite of Peace and Tranquillity;-And those who guard their chastity. Except with their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess,- for then they are not to be blamed, But those who trespass beyond this are transgressors (Qur'an 70:26-30)

Successful indeed are the believers, Those who humble themselves in their prayers; Who avoid vain talk; Who are active in deeds of charity; Who abstain from sex, Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or the captives whom their right hands possess,- for in their case they are free from blame (Qur'an 23:1-6)

I don't have time to research when they were revealed to be honest.

2) Not sure, it depends on whether the verses were revealed before the first battle or later

3) Of course, anyone trying to kill you is treated like a soldier unless they surrender, but in general women, children, and the elderly are treated with mercy and leniency because they are usually under the influence of men

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kassit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SYRIANKID View Post

2) Not sure, it depends on whether the verses were revealed before the first battle or later

The verses you quoted were revealed before the first battle as both Surat al-Mu'minun and Ma'arij are Meccan Surahs.
    Le pouvoir est ? Dieu.

I don't know of anything that indicates gender segregation is required in Islam. Some people can do that if they are more comfortable at parties/gatherings.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post316286981

The links found in the above link suggest that gender segregation is required.
    Le pouvoir est ? Dieu.

The links found in the above link suggest that gender segregation is required.

Where do you see that it is haram for men and women to be in the same place at the same time?

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

The verses you quoted were revealed before the first battle as both Surat al-Mu'minun and Ma'arij are Meccan Surahs.

In general that's a good enough clue, but it's not always true that all verses in a surah were revealed during the same period.

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum

Where do you see that it is haram for men and women to be in the same place at the same time?

The links don't suggest that a gathering of males and females is allowed. But then again those links concern specific situations. I was asking about co-education. The links don't say that it is haram for men and women to be in the same place and the same time. That's too general.
    Le pouvoir est ? Dieu.

The links don't suggest that a gathering of males and females is allowed. But then again those links concern specific situations. I was asking about co-education. The links don't say that it is haram for men and women to be in the same place and the same time. That's too general.
    OK. I searched for an answer on co-education on sunnipath.com:

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?...D=2021&CATE=88

This link says that co-education is allowed for a woman even in a Western secular society. However, on sunniforum.com the idea that co-ed education is frowned upon, if not down-right haram, is prelevant. On sunniforum.com the site of sunnipath.com is not seen in the best light, either.

As an example, "As for co education, it might be considered for MALES, but for Muslim Sisters, It's totally NOT ALLOWED." Plus I have seen threads were women were discouraged from getting an education. This is the overall impression I got from reading that forum. It is nothing absolute though but it does represent that there are differing views. Those who are against co-education are mostly from the Indian subcontinent and I think that most people who frequent the forum are from that area.
    Le pouvoir est ? Dieu.

Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000) Kurd4evah is just really nice. (+1000)

That's not true, it would be obligatory to choose the lesser of two evils if there really are only two choices: vote for this evil or vote for that evil.

That's not the case. In this case there is a risk-free option called "vote for no evil". Maybe in a country where they will kill you for not voting for one of two equally harmful candidates his view would make sense, but it certainly doesn't apply in civil society.

Voting for any evil candidate means you are empowering them to perform haram. If Bilal wants to share in all the haram that he voted for, that's his choice, and he will be questioned for the people he helped achieve power.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post862373251

Jazakum Allah Khair
    Barak Allah Feekum
    Wa lakoum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Yea that's what I thought as well and that's why it came off surprising to me.

Dang, feel like a moron wish I brought that up(bold part)

A lot of the main stream Imaams/sheikhs hold that opinion it seems.

Jazak Allah Khair
    Last edited by Kurd4evah; 05-13-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.

In general that's a good enough clue, but it's not always true that all verses in a surah were revealed during the same period.

Yes, I know. But usually when that is the case it is pointed out as an exception - especially if it concerns a Medinan verse being in an otherwise Meccan Surah or vice versa. Unless there is something which specifically indicates that these verses are exceptions, i.e. they were revealed in Medina, then I think a fair conclusion is that they are Meccan. Let's also consider the fact that having sex with a concubine was the norm in those days for all peoples and it was an integral part of society. The fact that it was not outlawed in Mecca makes it most likely halal by default - just as wine was halal by default since it had not been addressed as haram.
    Last edited by kassit; 05-13-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    Le pouvoir est ? Dieu.

Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Successful indeed are the believers, Those who humble themselves in their prayers; Who avoid vain talk; Who are active in deeds of charity; Who abstain from sex, Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or the captives whom their right hands possess,- for in their case they are free from blame (Qur'an 23:1-6)

Whoa.. I NEVER knew that was okay. Could you please provide some kind of context for this verse? Muslims could have had sex with "the captives whom their right hands possess." What does this mean exactly? Is it right hand as opposed to left or right hand as in the "correct" or "Good" hand? I have a feeling non-muslims will blow this out of proportion.

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Last edited by Hamzzza; 05-14-2012 at 04:11 AM.

Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm more righteous than most in here, more compassionate etc, and more ascetic than most of you fake Muslims -- I also never make arguments against parts of Islam that I don't like like you all do. Step up your game you weak ***gots ; you either believe or you don't

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Christianyouth View Post
    I'm more righteous than most in here, more compassionate etc, and more ascetic than most of you fake Muslims -- I also never make arguments against parts of Islam that I don't like like you all do. Step up your game you weak ***gots ; you either believe or you don't

btw the way you wrote that post and the insults you used really proves how righteous you are

Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Christianyouth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post

btw the way you wrote that post and the insults you used really proves how righteous you are
    Yes I agree. Someone needs to call out you young confused souls, so me taking time out of work to do that is a good deed

I shall explain :

You either believe we're free or believe we're robots
    You either believe in gender roles or you don't,
    a or b

There's a notion now that we have 'degrees' of belief
    I ask you to argue that -- for someone to argue for 'degrees' of belief, how someone can be a half-Muslim or how someone can be a 'strong Muslim' or a 'weak Muslim'

(note; I'm not saying someone who believes in God but doesn't believe religions represent him. Some of these people exist and they stay in Islam because they like the lessons it teaches and don't want their wife to cheat on them. This is just a complete unbeliever and not who I'm speaking to)

(this applies to Christians as well)
    Last edited by Christianyouth; 05-14-2012 at 05:27 AM.

there are people who play basketball, and there are people who dont play basketball

okay, not so difficult til now....but what i'm telling you next may be a bit difficult for you so try to understand:

among those people who play basketball are some who play it better than others... UNBELIEVABLE ISNT IT?

and, that's your argument?? gooby pls try harder

Not what I said, but someone else can respond since this is an open thread(respond to my post, respond to his, etc)

Registered User BigTruckGuy3500's Avatar
    BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigTruckGuy3500 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You either believe we're free or believe we're robots
    You either believe in gender roles or you don't,
    a or b

There's a notion now that we have 'degrees' of belief
    I ask you to argue that -- for someone to argue for 'degrees' of belief, how someone can be a half-Muslim or how someone can be a 'strong Muslim' or a 'weak Muslim'
    SK mentioned this once a long time ago, exactly what you're saying, there is only one Islam. There is no liberal Muslim believes, or conservative Muslim beliefs, just one. BUT, people aren't perfect and can be weak in how well they follow the faith, or can be overzealous in it. This applies to every religion, does it not?

Don't quite understand what you're trying to get at.

Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dreyth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigTruckGuy3500 View Post
    SK mentioned this once a long time ago, exactly what you're saying, there is only one Islam. There is no liberal Muslim believes, or conservative Muslim beliefs, just one. BUT, people aren't perfect and can be weak in how well they follow the faith, or can be overzealous in it. This applies to every religion, does it not?

Don't quite understand what you're trying to get at.
    pretty much spot on.

in a addition: you are either a cook, or you are not a cook.
    so what now, good and bad cooks don't exist?

you either play basketball, or you don't.
    sooooo there's no good and bad basketball players?

you are either a doctor or you're not. there's no in between.
    soo there's no good or bad doctors?

you are either a muslim or you're not.
    so you still think there can't be good muslims or bad muslims?

could you clarify, Christianyouth?

chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) chashma1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What's wrong with u man? The whole point of this thread is to ask questions! And increase ones imaan.
    Muslims don't follow blind faith, we verify what we follow and ask questions until we understand.

Stop discouraging people please!
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.

Check it out:- http://www.tahara.ca/products.html

Assalamualikom ^_^!

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 161 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast