Now North of Westside UncleWade's Avatar
    UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

A Bangin' New Product - VPX Bang Protein Bars

UncleWade Reviews

VPX BANG PROTEIN BARS

GERMAN CHOCOLATE

+

PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY

Before moving further into the review, I'd like to thank VPX for their generosity in hooking me up with two bars..

Especially when I used to work for the company that I feel produces the best bars on the market, Quest.

Let's get into it!

MIXABILITY

Kidding.

I've come to the point where I find that in-depth observations, with some shorter notes at the end, are more helpful to potential consumers than objective rating systems. I have tried to implement objective rating scales in the past, but they are always subject to change when new products enter the market, as I try to make my 1-10 rankings consistent based upon benchmarks. That makes my older reviews obsolete, essentially. So, I will note important features of the product and weigh the benefits and costs of purchasing at the end.

The profile of Bang bars is actually rather stellar compared to a lot of products on the market. It seems purpose-designed for weight lifters. There is a nice mix of mostly high quality protein sources (although I am not a fan of the inclusion of calcium caseinate or collagen), a health fats complex that provides some nice sources of MCT and others, and a decent amount of stomach-filling fiber. The final addition that I like is 5g of creatine, although this makes consuming more than one bar per day akin to a "loading phase".

TEXTURE

The texture of the Bang bar right out of the wrapper was very soft and enjoyable - much softer than the out-of-the-bar texture of Quest bars (be sure to microwave the original line of Quest, bishes ). I have no complaints here - they did a good job having a nice consistency while also not giving your jaw a workout while consuming the bar.

TASTE

German Chocolate

The German Chocolate started off with a very intense chocolate taste with a hint of coconut. There are coconut flakes in the profile, which add a nice textural sensation to the bar.

Peanut Butter & Jelly

The Peanut Butter & Jelly also started off with an intense flavor. This was the first PB&J bar that emphasized the jelly flavor rather than the peanut, almost like a mixed berry jelly with a hint of peanut flavoring. It was quite refreshing compared to all the other rather peanut-heavy flavorings on the market.

Observations for both..

While both bars started off with an intense flavor, they had an almost bland finish. It was not bad by any meaning of the word, but the intensity of the flavor diminished on the tongue and was left with a generic, semi-sweet flavor. This would be the first area that I would address with the bar, a consistency of the original intense flavor throughout the entire consumption of the bar. This diminished my enjoyment of the bar slightly, but would by no means deter me from ordering a box.

VALUE

Twelve VPX bars with 30g of protein (VPX math? ) are available from Bodybuilding.com for $26.99 (before the 10% coupon), which is a very competitive price on the protein bar market at the current time.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/bang-bars.html

SUMMARY

-Well-rounded and higher quality profile
    -Excellent soft texture
    -Awesome convenience with 5g creatine
    -Good taste (Peanut Butter & Jelly > German Chocolate) with a somewhat bland finish
    -Solid value
    NOV || Ohio Chapter || Be more, have less.

Powered by Ben & Jerry's.

VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VPX_Sports has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just a quick note: Most people hate collagen protein because it is an "incomplete" protein, however, the collagen protein in Bang Bars is a full-spectrum amino acid protein, and thus a complete protein
    Been to HQ THREE times
    --------------------------------
    "Some men choose to chase women. Other men choose to chase aesthetics. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your muscles will never wake up and tell you that they don't love you anymore." –Socrates

Now North of Westside UncleWade's Avatar
    UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by VPX_Sports View Post
    Just a quick note: Most people hate collagen protein because it is an "incomplete" protein, however, the collagen protein in Bang Bars is a full-spectrum amino acid protein, and thus a complete protein
    I did see on the wrapper that it said "full spectrum".

You are all now awared.

It does carry quite the negative connotation with it, though.
    NOV || Ohio Chapter || Be more, have less.