Thread: Trunk/Core

Hamid369 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trunk/Core

Hi guys.
    Basically, I want to bulk up my core or trunk of the body, but I don't really know what exercises to do. My core/trunk or whatever you call it is quite small compared to the rest of my body which is slightly offputting. I've been doing weighted ab exercises from a workout video that 'scooby' posted however I cannot see any difference after a month and a half.
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks.

SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoccerMuscle5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you want to "strengthen" your core then there are tons of sub forums on Ab workouts. If you want a "flat stomach" that's mostly what you eat. You want to eat cleaner. What's your body fat percentage currently?
    No Excuses just results

Muscle Gauge Nutrition Rep

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Hamid369 View Post
    Hi guys.
    Basically, I want to bulk up my core or trunk of the body, but I don't really know what exercises to do. My core/trunk or whatever you call it is quite small compared to the rest of my body which is slightly offputting. I've been doing weighted ab exercises from a workout video that 'scooby' posted however I cannot see any difference after a month and a half.
    Any suggestions are welcome.
    Good that you already know that "core" means more than just abs. Yes, it's your entire torso (actually, everything except arms, legs and head, I'd say) - back, front and sides.

Next step: training based on that knowledge. Pick a really solid novice weightlifting routine, and stick with it, adding weight to the bar as directed by the routine, or simply whenever you (safely) can. You won't go far wrong, doing that.

Between the squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench press, chinups/pullups/dips, and probably rows and/or power cleans (etc.), your "core" will be plenty worked out. In fact, it'll be worked so hard, you might be tempted to give up on it. That's your call, naturally.

If you're doing a bunch of compound lifts, and you have the option of choosing a few accessory lifts? Well, you could choose to slightly emphasise the "core" for the time being. Or hey, for the duration - using the definition I posted above, that is. Nothing more crucial than a strong back, for example.

Check out the stickied "Routines and Advice" thread in this forum. Notably, the first bits of it, including links to some full body routines. Pick one, or another similar from elsewhere if you prefer.

Originally Posted by SoccerMuscle5 View Post
    If you want to "strengthen" your core then there are tons of sub forums on Ab workouts. If you want a "flat stomach" that's mostly what you eat. You want to eat cleaner. What's your body fat percentage currently?
    my body fat percentage is around 18%. But yeah i want to strengthen it and make it look nicer, its already flat.

Originally Posted by MichaelCJ View Post
    Good that you already know that "core" means more than just abs. Yes, it's your entire torso (actually, everything except arms, legs and head, I'd say) - back, front and sides.

Next step: training based on that knowledge. Pick a really solid novice weightlifting routine, and stick with it, adding weight to the bar as directed by the routine, or simply whenever you (safely) can. You won't go far wrong, doing that.

Between the squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench press, chinups/pullups/dips, and probably rows and/or power cleans (etc.), your "core" will be plenty worked out. In fact, it'll be worked so hard, you might be tempted to give up on it. That's your call, naturally.

If you're doing a bunch of compound lifts, and you have the option of choosing a few accessory lifts? Well, you could choose to slightly emphasise the "core" for the time being. Or hey, for the duration - using the definition I posted above, that is. Nothing more crucial than a strong back, for example.

Check out the stickied "Routines and Advice" thread in this forum. Notably, the first bits of it, including links to some full body routines. Pick one, or another similar from elsewhere if you prefer.
    thanks for your reply, found it really useful, and ill be sure to check it out.
    thanks alot.