lulolala123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lulolala123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lulolala123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lulolala123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Will my metabolism slow down & will my body go into starvation mode?

I'm 15 years old, female, 5'3 & 125lbs.
    I've been eating healthy and exercising for a couple of months now to lose weight.
    I'm eating at a calorie deficit but not a huge deficit, I'm just cutting about 200 calories everyday. (I don't mind losing weight slowly, as long as I'm doing it the healthy way.)
    My BMR is about 1400 and I burn about 600 calories from my cardio workouts and I eat around 1800 calories.
    But couple of days ago I sprained my foot really badly and it's all swollen and it hurts like crazy so I can't do cardio for about 2 weeks.
    And so far I've been eating at maintenance which is about 1500 calories.
    I was thinking about cutting down to about 1100 - 1200 calories until I can start working out again?
    Do you guys think that would be safe (just for about 2 weeks)?
    And will my metabolism slow down or will my body go into starvation mode?
    And will I lose lean body mass instead of fat?

Thanks!

Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Balanis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lulolala123 View Post
    I'm 15 years old, female, 5'3 & 125lbs.
    I've been eating healthy and exercising for a couple of months now to lose weight.
    I'm eating at a calorie deficit but not a huge deficit, I'm just cutting about 200 calories everyday. (I don't mind losing weight slowly, as long as I'm doing it the healthy way.)
    My BMR is about 1400 and I burn about 600 calories from my cardio workouts and I eat around 1800 calories.
    But couple of days ago I sprained my foot really badly and it's all swollen and it hurts like crazy so I can't do cardio for about 2 weeks.
    And so far I've been eating at maintenance which is about 1500 calories.
    I was thinking about cutting down to about 1100 - 1200 calories until I can start working out again?
    Do you guys think that would be safe (just for about 2 weeks)?
    And will my metabolism slow down or will my body go into starvation mode?
    And will I lose lean body mass instead of fat?

Thanks!
    luo, didnt you post a similar thread like two days ago?

anyways, read the stickies and make sure you have your calories right, 1500 maintenance sounds a bit lowish if your active and at 15, i guess you are.

also, starvation mode is a myth; and no, please dont put it to the test by starving yourself...

keep your protein intake high and just make sure you are at the correct maintenance for your activity level and you should be fine...

good luck
    May what you do in life echoe in eternity. - Maximus Decimus Meridius, Gladiator.

roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) roybatty6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Up the protein lower the carbs for those 2 weeks.

At 15 your metabolism should be running like a v8 with a supercharger.
    -80 kgs in 15 months.
    -100 kgs goal (75kgs bodyweight)

Abs on a skinny guy is like a fatgirl with big tits, it doesn't count.

lulolala123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lulolala123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lulolala123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lulolala123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Balanis View Post
    luo, didnt you post a similar thread like two days ago?

anyways, read the stickies and make sure you have your calories right, 1500 maintenance sounds a bit lowish if your active and at 15, i guess you are.

also, starvation mode is a myth; and no, please dont put it to the test by starving yourself...

keep your protein intake high and just make sure you are at the correct maintenance for your activity level and you should be fine...

good luck
    Lol yeah, that thread was asking if I should eat more or at my maintenance but this one was more to ask if it's okay to eat below my maintenance without working out..lol.
    And my maintenance when I exercise is 2300 but since I won't be exercising, it's about 1500-1600.
    And thanks.