soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

(back) squat heavier than deadlift

Supposedly deadlifts should be the heaviest lift but I can squat more than I can deadlift. Without proof just give hte benefit of the doubt that I'm doing ATG squats. Is this right or normal that I can squat more than I can deadlift?

untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    How much do you squat and how much do you deadlift? Its not hard to believe, know many guys who Squat more than deadlift, but then they train squat alot more. Ive got a feeling in a couple of months time my Squat will be higer aswell, since my dl has been stuck for like 3 months now, and my squat is still gradually getting stronger.

shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shanehurley497 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    In the beginning you can deadlift more than you can squat, but that changes after training for a while. The Squat is usually heavier than the deadlift for seasoned lifters. Look at the heaviest deadlifts and squats ever done. 1200 pound squats and no one has ever deadlifted a 1000 yet.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shanehurley497 View Post
    In the beginning you can deadlift more than you can squat, but that changes after training for a while. The Squat is usually heavier than the deadlift for seasoned lifters. Look at the heaviest deadlifts and squats ever done. 1200 pound squats and no one has ever deadlifted a 1000 yet.
    Your reasoning is ok until the last sentence. We all know the reason for that is that Deadlift suits don't work like Squat suits. And yes there has been a 1k+ DL.

Best raw DL- 1014 by Benni
    Best raw Squat- 1000 by Wilkerson and even most people won't give him credit for that lift.

Anyway OP, no we can't take your word for it bc a) 75% of people who say this are half squatting and b) you're red.

So let's see some video.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wrong. Those 1200 pound squats are equipped. This one I linked below is in monolift and knee wraps, very impressive none the less. There are 1000+ pound dead lifts.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by soldier112 View Post
    Supposedly deadlifts should be the heaviest lift but I can squat more than I can deadlift. Without proof just give hte benefit of the doubt that I'm doing ATG squats. Is this right or normal that I can squat more than I can deadlift?
    Post a video of both lifts. No, it is not normal. But, those that do squat more than they dead lift tend to be a lot larger than your stats.

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Shane Hurley are you the same guy that owned a couple of gyms just north of Nashville?

Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I squat more than I deadlift in training and in competition. But very very few that squat more than deadlift go to depth.
    I don't care.

aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You have to record you lifts and check your form. For the first three or four weeks of running a 5 X 5 routine I thought I was going deep enough on my squats and in turn they were higher than my deadlift. Finally, I got a hold of a camera had a friend record my reps and saw that I was still a couple inches from going to depth. This can make all the difference. Also, I switched to sumo deadlift and found it worked better for my body type and have been able to pull more since. Maybe you can try switching up styles too.

soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) soldier112 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for all the replies and to answer your questions

I'm squatting 170 kg's and deadlifting 140 kg

and my stats (the few that I have) are out of date, my weight is now (it's not much but I started at just under 65 kg) just over 86 kg.

I know I'm in the red but that's because of some stupid jerk hating, as for the videos I tried making some but I've got an old phone and the quality sucks.

Will borrow a phone from someone else and post them when I get them.

I'll make sure to see if I'm going ATG or not

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by soldier112 View Post
    Is there a certain ratio that is right? What/who decides what is normal and what is not normal? It all depends on what the person focuses on, what their leverages are, and if they are executing the lifts properly. Maybe your squat is actually lower because you squat high. Maybe your deadlift is low because you don't know how to deadlift. Maybe you focus your training around the squat. Maybe you have t-rex arms and so you are not built for deadlift. Anything mentioned here is just a guess since you've given us such little info to go off of.

So many things wrong here I don't even know where to begin.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NIsrael is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    most people whose raw squat is higher then their dead dont squat to depth, i have tiny hands and stumpy arms(not built to deadlift) and my raw dead is still higher then my raw squat. The only people I have seen who raw squat more are generally very large guys(like 300+) where their size really hurts their deadlift. Gear changes that and most squats will be higher.

rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossislim will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes thats normal, about a month ago i was squatting more than idead lift, now im deadlifting more than i squat..but my squat is catching up. If I focus on both equally, i see better gains on both exercises.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your deadlift seems pretty low.

aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10) aperfectmatrix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just as a reference to my above post, I was squatting 365 X 5 going 1-2 inches above depth. Today I made damn sure that I went to depth and struggled with 330 X 5.

bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fyi my squats 315 and deadlift 325 deadlift is normal depth and squat is parallel
    Loves deadlifting so much want to become coroner

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bobjenkins777 View Post
    Fyi my squats 315 and deadlift 325 deadlift is normal depth and squat is parallel
    Well at least your deadlifts are @ normal depth.

bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Black_Spit View Post
    Well at least your deadlifts are @ normal depth.
    said "normal depth" because up until recently I was doing deficits unknowingly. And before you ask my set of plates were 1 inch smaller radius
    Loves deadlifting so much want to become coroner

Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Link815 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My best squat is 605, and without wraps is 550. My best pull is 500. I have short arms and I'm not very flexible.
    Best Sanctioned Lifts (USPA/USAPL):
    683w/452/507

Best Gym Lifts:
    675w/477.5/495

Registered User rancid_theclash's Avatar
    rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000)
    is it your grip in deadlift???

leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50) leche1dura will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My deadlift is pretty high compared to my squat but I go olympic depth and no belt. PR oly squat no belt is 350x4 and conventional Deadlift is 500x3 just belt