Closed Thread
Page 51 of 281 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 8424
    Gekko91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gekko91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There have been some reports of topical minox causing sexual side effects, but again it is all anecdotal and incredibly rare compared to the likes of something like fin. At worst, it will probably only cause some flakiness or irritation to the skin. Anything permanent is impossible.

It's worth mentioning however that a potential downside of minox, even topically, is the effect that it could have on the heart (note all the wording of "potential" and "could" here). Studies have shown that short term therapy using a topical solution eg. Rogaine may increases heart rate by 1-3 beats per minute. Personally, in the last year I developed something called POTS syndrome, which is a benign condition where the heart beats too fast and you feel faint. While I HIGHLY doubt this was attributed to minox (more likely me being unfit and chronically taking beta blockers), for this reason I have to use Rogaine very sparingly. It's worth talking to your doctor about taking it if you have a history of heart complaints.

The concern is that in the long term, it could contribute to hypertrophy (enlargement) of the heart - and it would need to be taken long term since people usually lose the hair they regrew if they stop taking the drug, even if DHT is blocked. It's not fully understood how minox works, even by the people who invented it, with some saying it extends the hair cycle while others say that it improves circulation in the hair follicle. I have always been interested in the scalp exercises on Hairloss-Reversible which may have a similar method of action (increased circulation to the follicle), but i've always been skeptical that it's quackery. I might try them as at the very least they help keep your face looking younger and can relieve tension headaches.

Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Miked1978 View Post
    where do you buy the S5 cream? Can you get it at the local walgreens? pics?
    Online only.

www.hairlosstalk.com is the only vendor that sells spiro cream anymore, that I'm aware of

Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Blacklabel3 View Post
    The thing is, with finasteride your DHT is guaranteed to drop like 60%. This is going to effect people differently. Some people are saying they get a sorts of bad sides, other say they don't notice anything at all. Well, I think that even the people that don't notice anything still have all the same side effects, just not on a level that is outwardly noticeable to them.
    See, here is the problem. I don't think you understand how a hormone like DHT works. DHT is primarily an intracellular, paracrine hormone, which acts upon cells in (or very close to) where it is produced. A lot of people like to throw around the phrase "Fin reduces your DHT by 60%, that can't be good for your body".

The simple fact is, this "drop" in DHT is taken totally out of context. The only "serum DHT" in your body is simply a small amount that has slipped into the bloodstream and will be metabolized within seconds. Your serum DHT means nothing at all in terms of hairloss/sexuality/libido, because the overwhelming majority of DHT is NOT found in your bloodstream, but rather inside the cells where it is produced.

The only reason why Fin reduces serum DHT by 40-70% is because the hair DP cells (which contain a large amount of 2 5AR that Fin inhibits) now simply release less of the "leaked DHT" into the bloodstream. And while it seems like a HUGE reduction (60%), you have to understand that the amount of DHT in the bloodstream is so insignificant that even a few ng/dl loss can alter the serum levels by a large margin.

Serum DHT means absolutely nothing in terms of hairloss, sexuality, libido, or any other secondary sexual characteristics. Serum DHT is simply DHT that has leaked from cells by accident and will be metabolized almost instantly.

Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Boba155 View Post
    See, here is the problem. I don't think you understand how a hormone like DHT works. DHT is primarily an intracellular, paracrine hormone, which acts upon cells in (or very close to) where it is produced. A lot of people like to throw around the phrase "Fin reduces your DHT by 60%, that can't be good for your body".

The simple fact is, this "drop" in DHT is taken totally out of context. The only "serum DHT" in your body is simply a small amount that has slipped into the bloodstream and will be metabolized within seconds. Your serum DHT means nothing at all in terms of hairloss/sexuality/libido, because the overwhelming majority of DHT is NOT found in your bloodstream, but rather inside the cells where it is produced.

The only reason why Fin reduces serum DHT by 40-70% is because the hair DP cells (which contain a large amount of 2 5AR that Fin inhibits) now simply release less of the "leaked DHT" into the bloodstream. And while it seems like a HUGE reduction (60%), you have to understand that the amount of DHT in the bloodstream is so insignificant that even a few ng/dl loss can alter the serum levels by a large margin.

Serum DHT means absolutely nothing in terms of hairloss, sexuality, libido, or any other secondary sexual characteristics. Serum DHT is simply DHT that has leaked from cells by accident and will be metabolized almost instantly.
    I dunno man, sounds fishy to me. I haven't looked into this much though.

Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Boba155 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I dunno man, sounds fishy to me. I haven't looked into this much though.
    It's been proven in multiple studies, I really don't see what is fishy about it. From the original study that examined Finasteride and sexuality: "Unlike testosterone, DHT does not seem to affect the erectile function. DHT is a paracrine hormone exerting its action in the tissue of origin".

If you would like to learn more, head over to HLT and HLH and read what Bryan has to say about the "importance" of serum DHT.

It's been proven in multiple studies, I really don't see what is fishy about it. From the original study that examined Finasteride and sexuality: "Unlike testosterone, DHT does not seem to affect the erectile function. DHT is a paracrine hormone exerting its action in the tissue of origin".

If you would like to learn more, head over to HLT and HLH and read what Bryan has to say about the "importance" of serum DHT.
    Honestly, I would like to believe that finasteride only has a large effect on the cells in the hair and that serum levels of DHT are mostly irrelevant. I really would. If I truly believed that, I would probably try finasteride and no be so fearful of it.

But there are two things that will probably prevent me really believing it.
    1. The number of people that claim side effects is shocking. It seems like the official claims on side effect rates are not accurate.
    2. If what you said about only largely affecting the hair and serum levels not being important to anything is really true, why does finasteride have side effect warnings for the things you claim serum levels of DHT don't matter with and why are people actually experiencing these side effects at all?

By the way, I would love it if someone could convince me to try finasteride since it would make dealing with hair loss so much easier. Good luck with that though.

ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ANIMALISTIKZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by firstandgoal View Post
    If you had aggressive balding before, than you will always shed something even while on propecia, so 10 is normal that means its working especially if you had aggressive shedding like 50 plus hairs a day before to limit it to 10 hairs is a success.
    i had no shed before on propecia until a few weeks ago(about 6 month mark)

firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000)

A lot of those studies are paid for by certain interest groups, and they are focused studies to only a few people.

The real study that matters is the millions of men like myself and others here who have taken the stuff for a while and experienced the side effects.

And these are not mental, because you would think having your hair grow back or stop falling out would lead to make you happier, but depression, insomnia, and low libido and brain fog came with it.

firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000) firstandgoal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ANIMALISTIKZ View Post
    i had no shed before on propecia until a few weeks ago(about 6 month mark)
    oh than its probably the hairs that are in the falling out stage ready to grow back stronger. I wouldn't worry about it, cause a lot of times hair goes through a shedding stage first before regrowth.

demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) demoniclizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anyone ever heard/tried lipogaine? It is basically minox with azelaic acid in the same dose along with some other stuff. But it costs nearly 3x as much as plain minox.

Honestly, I would like to believe that finasteride only has a large effect on the cells in the hair and that serum levels of DHT are mostly irrelevant. I really would. If I truly believed that, I would probably try finasteride and no be so fearful of it.

But there are two things that will probably prevent me really believing it.
    1. The number of people that claim side effects is shocking. It seems like the official claims on side effect rates are not accurate.
    2. If what you said about only largely affecting the hair and serum levels not being important to anything is really true, why does finasteride have side effect warnings for the things you claim serum levels of DHT don't matter with and why are people actually experiencing these side effects at all?

By the way, I would love it if someone could convince me to try finasteride since it would make dealing with hair loss so much easier. Good luck with that though.
    *** WALL OF TEXT INCOMING ***

I really don't see what you are grappling with here. Are you trying to disprove something that is held as medical fact (that DHT is a paracrine hormone)? If I'm incorrect, just point it out and I'll try to address your question.

To the first point of your post, the problem with the "shocking number of people" is that the nocebo effect for this drug is so ridiculously strong because it deals with erections. We live in an age where information is readily accessible to us on the internet... including that dreadful site Propeciahelp.com. When people take a drug like Finasteride (let's be completely honest here, VERY few men actually go and get a prescription for it. Most simply buy it from overseas pharmacies) they research the drug before they take it. Unfortunately, due to the Internet, that person will surely find many "testimonials" of how "I took 3 Proscar pills and I literally could not think about sex ever again, dear God help me". Because of this, the reader now knows and fears the "permanent horrific side effects" of Finasteride.

So the FIRST time he doesn't get the woody as hard as it should be (which can be from an ENORMOUS amount of factors [low NO2, lack of sleep, disinterest, etc]) he immediately thinks "holy ****, it's the Fin! Oh no! I can't get an erection!". And of course, because a large part of male arousal and erectile quality is mental (a watched sail never rises ) the person begins to second guess himself on EVERY sexual encounter from then on. He is surprised when he can't get a full erection, and while he thinks its the Fin in reality it is simply him focusing on trying to keep hard instead of sex itself, and so of course he can't maintain a high EQ. This applies to mental effects as well (lack of sleep the night before, can't focus the next day, holy **** it's the Fin, brain fog has struck, begins looking for it, blames every headache and brain fog on Fin).

So he then creates a thread on PH.com about how the drug ruined his life and how he will hold a hunger strike outside of Merck, which in turn creates a bigger nocebo effect for more people who are thinking of trying Fin. See the ugly pattern here?

This is how the nocebo effect works. Do you know the reason that 98% of men DID NOT suffer ANY side effects in the original Finasteride trial? Because, THEY DID NOT KNOW OF IT'S SIDE EFFECTS. The researchers did not tell the men that this drug could cause sexual side effects, and as such the men never worried about erection sides, there was no fear-mongering Propeciahelp.com, and oh look at that! They focused on sex (as they should) and 98% of them suffered no side effects. The amount of Fin sides is DRASTICALLY over reported online.

Have you ever read some of these posts over at PH.com? They are ridiculous beyond belief. Men talk about taking the pill for 3 days and then suddenly are "crippled" by "massive brain fog" for the rest of their lives. Do you understand that the original trial was tested at 80 mg/d, and yet 98% of men suffered NO LOSS IN EQ?

To the second point of your post, they have to post the side effects. It's a prescription pharmaceutical drug, and for the 2% of men who did experience sexual side effects, of course they have to report those to the FDA. I don't see why this surprises you. The same is true with Aspirin and Advil.

There really is no point in "trying to convince you to try Finasteride". You have already decided yourself not to use it and that's totally fine: at the end of the day, it is absolutely your choice. I just want to educate others who are still open to the drug that it is not as bad as a TINY minority of people make it seem.

Remember: men who don't have side effects on drugs don't post online about them .

*** WALL OF TEXT INCOMING ***

I really don't see what you are grappling with here. Are you trying to disprove something that is held as medical fact (that DHT is a paracrine hormone)? If I'm incorrect, just point it out and I'll try to address your question.

To the first point of your post, the problem with the "shocking number of people" is that the nocebo effect for this drug is so ridiculously strong because it deals with erections. We live in an age where information is readily accessible to us on the internet... including that dreadful site Propeciahelp.com. When people take a drug like Finasteride (let's be completely honest here, VERY few men actually go and get a prescription for it. Most simply buy it from overseas pharmacies) they research the drug before they take it. Unfortunately, due to the Internet, that person will surely find many "testimonials" of how "I took 3 Proscar pills and I literally could not think about sex ever again, dear God help me". Because of this, the reader now knows and fears the "permanent horrific side effects" of Finasteride.

So the FIRST time he doesn't get the woody as hard as it should be (which can be from an ENORMOUS amount of factors [low NO2, lack of sleep, disinterest, etc]) he immediately thinks "holy ****, it's the Fin! Oh no! I can't get an erection!". And of course, because a large part of male arousal and erectile quality is mental (a watched sail never rises ) the person begins to second guess himself on EVERY sexual encounter from then on. He is surprised when he can't get a full erection, and while he thinks its the Fin in reality it is simply him focusing on trying to keep hard instead of sex itself, and so of course he can't maintain a high EQ. This applies to mental effects as well (lack of sleep the night before, can't focus the next day, holy **** it's the Fin, brain fog has struck, begins looking for it, blames every headache and brain fog on Fin).

So he then creates a thread on PH.com about how the drug ruined his life and how he will hold a hunger strike outside of Merck, which in turn creates a bigger nocebo effect for more people who are thinking of trying Fin. See the ugly pattern here?

This is how the nocebo effect works. Do you know the reason that 98% of men DID NOT suffer ANY side effects in the original Finasteride trial? Because, THEY DID NOT KNOW OF IT'S SIDE EFFECTS. The researchers did not tell the men that this drug could cause sexual side effects, and as such the men never worried about erection sides, there was no fear-mongering Propeciahelp.com, and oh look at that! They focused on sex (as they should) and 98% of them suffered no side effects. The amount of Fin sides is DRASTICALLY over reported.

Have you ever read some of these posts over at PH.com? They are ridiculous beyond belief. Men talk about taking the pill for 3 days and then suddenly are "crippled" by "massive brain fog" for the rest of their lives. Do you understand that the original trial was tested at 80 mg/d, and yet 98% of men suffered NO LOSS IN EQ?

To the second point of your post, they have to post the side effects. It's a prescription pharmaceutical drug, and for the 2% of men who did experience sexual side effects, of course they have to report those to the FDA. I don't see why this surprises you. The same is true with Aspirin and Advil.

There really is no point in "trying to convince you to try Finasteride". You have already decided yourself not to use it and that's totally fine: at the end of the day, it is absolutely your choice. I just want to educate others who are still open to the drug that it is not as bad as a TINY minority of people make it seem.

Remember: men who don't have side effects on drugs don't post online about them .
    I'm aware of the placebo effect. You make a good point but the problem I have with this is that it's also hard for me to believe that so many people are just that dim witted that they are placeboing themselves into believing they have side effects. It just seems like a huge number of people report some type of temporary issue or long term issue. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm putting too much faith into the average person, don't know. I would really, really hope that isn't the case though. So many people come forward and claim issues, it's hard for me to just brush it off as placebo effect. And a lot of them seem to be younger guys. Guys that shouldn't have any trouble with sexual function. Guys that would probably notice if they can't get it up 100%. And I have thought about this before.

I'd still be curious about why the "2%" had side effects. 2% isn't all that low. Especially for something that's so "proven" to not mess with sexual function.

I've decided that I'm not going to use it for now. I won't recommend it to people purely because I wont use it myself. But the truth is I wish I could use it and feel good about using it at the same time! The stuff works wonders for your hair and that would be great if I could use it and not constantly be worried about sides and my long term well being. If I could find that one peice of information that made me feel safe in using it, I would be pretty happy about that. I've spent some time every now and then looking up stuff on finasteride for this very reason, but I'm always left disappointed.
    Last edited by Blacklabel3; 08-20-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Get Diesel Or Die Trying Younglifter16's Avatar
    Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to also reiterate that there should be no reason these sides should be permanent (minus rare exceptions of course, like with any DRUG). These people are invested so deeply into there placebo side effects that they truely have convinced themselves its permanent. Supplementing with an exogenous hormone from the doc (worst case scenario obviously) should fix ANY issue you would have.

I'm aware of the placebo effect. You make a good point but the problem I have with this is that it's also hard for me to believe that so many people are just that dim witted that they are placeboing themselves into believing they have side effects. It just seems like a huge number of people report some type of temporary issue or long term issue. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm putting too much faith into the average person, don't know. I would really, really hope that isn't the case though. So many people come forward and claim issues, it's hard for me to just brush it off as placebo effect. And a lot of them seem to be younger guys. Guys that shouldn't have any trouble with sexual function. Guys that would probably notice if they can't get it up 100%. And I have thought about this before.

I'd still be curious about why the "2%" had side effects. 2% isn't all that low. Especially for something that's so "proven" to not mess with sexual function.

I've decided that I'm not going to use it for now. I won't recommend it to people purely because I wont use it myself. But the truth is I wish I could use it and feel good about using it at the same time! The stuff works wonders for your hair and that would be great if I could use it and not constantly be worried about sides and my long term well being. If I could find that one peice of information that made me feel safe in using it, I would be pretty happy about that. I've spent some time every now and then looking up stuff on finasteride for this very reason, but I'm always left disappointed.
    I actually recommend that YOU don't use Finasteride. You have built a such a large foundation in your mind on Finasteride's side effects that the first time you experience a head ache your mind will subconsciously automatically tag it as a Fin side. You will be one of those people who end up on PH.com for "permanent sexual sides".

It's not that these people are dimwitted. It (erections) simply is a very sensitive and important issue for men. It's not a surprise that the nocebo effect for this drug is so strong. If you think Propecia is bad, you should see women with birth control and fertility issues. That's a whole 'nother ball game.

Most of the posters over at PH.com have under 5-10 posts. That should tell you something...

And 2% is a very low side effect rate for a prescription drug. Keep in mind that Advil has a 9% side effect rate.

I truly do wish you the best and I am sure with your regimen you will stave off hairloss for a while. I just hope you do know, deep down, that if you wish to keep your hair for 20-30 more years, some kind of proven topical AA (spiro is very fishy on it's effectiveness) or 5AR inhibitor MUST become part of your regimen.

Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    I want to also reiterate that there should be no reason these sides should be permanent (minus rare exceptions of course, like with any DRUG). These people are invested so deeply into there placebo side effects that they truely have convinced themselves its permanent. Supplementing with an exogenous hormone from the doc (worst case scenario obviously) should fix ANY issue you would have.
    That is a good point.
    But I will go ahead and mention this. Somewhere about a year ago I read some stuff that lead me to believe if you go on propecia and then stop taking it, it will have a negative effect on your hair besides the obvious. Something about developing hypersensitivity to something, I can't remember the details. I may try and look it up in a little while.

I actually recommend that YOU don't use Finasteride. You have built a such a large foundation in your mind on Finasteride's side effects that the first time you experience a head ache your mind will subconsciously automatically tag it as a Fin side. You will be one of those people who end up on PH.com for "permanent sexual sides".

It's not that these people are dimwitted. It (erections) simply is a very sensitive and important issue for men. It's not a surprise that the nocebo effect for this drug is so strong. If you think Propecia is bad, you should see women with birth control and fertility issues. That's a whole 'nother ball game.

Most of the posters over at PH.com have under 5-10 posts. That should tell you something...

And 2% is a very low side effect rate for a prescription drug. Keep in mind that Advil has a 9% side effect rate.

I truly do wish you the best and I am sure with your regimen you will stave off hairloss for a while. I just hope you do know, deep down, that if you wish to keep your hair for 20-30 more years, some kind of proven topical AA (spiro is very fishy on it's effectiveness) or 5AR inhibitor MUST become part of your regimen.
    Maybe, but I really doubt it. Boners and brain fog aren't even the main concern I have with the various side effects. That just seems to be what everyone else is mostly scared of so it's a good example.

I didn't know Advil had a 9% side effect rate, but I assume they aren't as troubling as the sides with fin.

That is a good point.
    But I will go ahead and mention this. Somewhere about a year ago I read some stuff that lead me to believe if you go on propecia and then stop taking it, it will have a negative effect on your hair besides the obvious. Something about developing hypersensitivity to something, I can't remember the details. I may try and look it up in a little while.
    Lol @ androgen hypersensitivity. It's a retarded theory that has no scientific basis and has been shot down more than a few times at HLT.

And Advil not as dangerous as Fin?? It's a very potent NSAID, it can cause strokes and heart attacks!

Lol @ androgen hypersensitivity. It's a retarded theory that has no scientific basis and has been shot down more than a few times at HLT.

And Advil not as dangerous as Fin?? It can cause strokes and heart attacks!
    That could be. It was just something I remember coming across a while back that made me raise an eyebrow. Though it would be worth mentioning. Funny thing is I'm pretty sure I saw it over at HLT.

Haha, okay. I don't know these things. I don't even remember the last time I took a pain killer or even had a headache for that matter. Not stuff that I keep up on really. I take about zero drugs in my life besides the stuff I put on my head for my hair.

I don't even remember the last time I took a pain killer or even had a headache for that matter. Not stuff that I keep up on really. I take about zero drugs in my life besides the stuff I put on my head for my hair.
    That's a good policy!

......................... samsumon's Avatar
    samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000) samsumon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rogain foam AM/PM
    Head and shoulders 5x a week 1x a day
    Nizoral 2x a week 1x a day.

How is that?
    !@!@!@!@!!@!

Seriously This **** isn't in our HEADS, that's bull****, I know because when I was never using propecia I could see a hot chick and pop a boner right off the bat or really think sexual stuff about her, **** I didn't even need to look at pron to get a boner, and I would wake up with morning wood on a daily basis. I NEVER EVEN checked the side effects list when I took propecia! this isn't a placebo, the first month it seemed to increase my horniness and boners, I was even more horny after a few more months I noticed my semen was getting watery and little bit, than I started getting brain fog, and forgetfulness, after that I started getting insomnia and depression, I'd wake up at night thinking I was a failure. I never had these thoughts before, no history of depression or insomnia.

Also Fin is very powerful stuff, they tell you not to let pregnant women handle the stuff cause it can cause birth defects, something that supposedly doesn't really cause side effects and you say is safe why would just touching a broken tab of the stuff be so powerful to alter a woman's unborn baby?

crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000) crss1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    not gonna be able to search 31 pages for this, but do any of you brahs know of anything that makes hair grow faster?
    Manlet of peace

Originally Posted by crss1 View Post
    not gonna be able to search 31 pages for this, but do any of you brahs know of anything that makes hair grow faster?
    A healthy diet and maybe take some basic supplements like biotin or one of those hair, skin, nails multis.

We should take all the people that have used propecia and don't claim sides and put them in a room with people that have used propecia and claim sides. Then let them battle to the death. Winner settles the argument once and for all.

Originally Posted by crss1 View Post
    Minoxidil is an excellent growth stimulator with very few side effects.

If you are looking for a bit more "power", look into prostaglandins and their analogs, such as Bimatoprost. They grow and thicken hair like nothing else.

Also Fin is very powerful stuff, they tell you not to let pregnant women handle the stuff cause it can cause birth defects, something that supposedly doesn't really cause side effects and you say is safe why would just touching a broken tab of the stuff be so powerful to alter a woman's unborn baby?
    Are you serious? Hormonal drugs, no matter how safe for adult men/women, are NEVER prescribed to pregnant women because the fetus reacts VERY differently to a shift in womb hormone levels. Pop a Spiro pill as an adult male: you'll feel like crap for a little because it's an anti androgen, but you'll feel normal again in a few hours. Give that same pill to a PREGNANT woman, and that fetus could be stunted developmentally.

It's the same reason pregnant women are told not to use NSAIDs and alcohol: no matter how safe for an adult, the risks are too high for an unborn child.

It's not as if Finasteride is "uniquely dangerous" because it's not given to pregnant women...

Are you serious? Hormonal drugs, no matter how safe for adult men/women, are NEVER prescribed to pregnant women because the fetus reacts VERY differently to a shift in womb hormone levels. Pop a Spiro pill as an adult male: you'll feel like crap for a little because it's an anti androgen, but you'll feel normal again in a few hours. Give that same pill to a PREGNANT woman, and that fetus could be stunted developmentally.

It's the same reason pregnant women are told not to use NSAIDs and alcohol: no matter how safe for an adult, the risks are too high for an unborn child.

It's not as if Finasteride is "uniquely dangerous" because it's not given to pregnant women...
    You are 18, is that your real age, and why do you know so much about hairloss pills are you balding?

Do you work for the company?

CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CH4N8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you're not supposed to nut in a girl while taking finasteride?
    ☆☆☆ Crews too pathetic to list crew ☆☆☆

You are 18, is that your real age, and why do you know so much about hairloss pills are you balding?

Do you work for the company?
    Not my real age, and HAHA, no, I certainly do not work for Merck Pharmaceuticals. I wouldn't be allowed to comment on the drug if I did.

Yes I do have MPB, but I stopped it very early using RU and Fin. I've been a Norwood 1.25 for about 5 years now. As someone who is VERY predisposed to MPB (men in my family grow beards at 13. They also go bald by 25) it simply amazed me how much of a miracle drug Finasteride was. That is why I strongly defend it on Internet forums, because I fear that if I allow the Propeciahelp.com fear-mongerers spread their misinformation to young MPB-sufferers, they may never take the one drug that has been proven to not only stop MPB, but reverse it.

I would hate to see a bald 50 year old man look back and think "Damnit, why didn't I just take that drug! All my friends did and they have full heads of hair, look at me..." Regret is a very powerful life-derailer.

Not my real age, and HAHA, no, I certainly do not work for Merck Pharmaceuticals. I wouldn't be allowed to comment on the drug if I did.

Yes I do have MPB, but I stopped it very early using RU and Fin. I've been a Norwood 1.25 for about 5 years now. As someone who is VERY predisposed to MPB (men in my family grow beards at 13. They also go bald by 25) it simply amazed me how much of a miracle drug Finasteride was. That is why I strongly defend it on Internet forums, because I fear that if I allow the Propeciahelp.com fear-mongerers spread their misinformation to young MPB-sufferers, they may never take the one drug that has been proven to not only stop MPB, but reverse it.

I would hate to see a bald 50 year old man look back and think "Damnit, why didn't I just take that drug! All my friends did and they have full heads of hair, look at me..." Regret is a very powerful life-derailer.
    LOL I was wondering, I said to myself boy this young whippersnapper sure knows a lot about Hairloss drugs.

Propecia worked for me, but even now after being off for a couple of months I have basically low libido, no morning wood, brain fog, insomnia.

I was taking 1.25 mg proscar cut in 4ths every other day. I heard some guys saw results with just taking half of the 1mg of propecia every day and saw no side effects.

But the sides like tits, impotence, etc are listed so I wouldn't say Fin doesn't cause any of these. I also heard about Fin causing hallow bones and osteoporosis. I never read propeciahelp but man that site sounds like its filled with some paranoid guys either that or they happen to attract the one percent who have the most extreme sides lol, are they trolls?

I wish there was a much safer way.

Closed Thread