Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Formutech Nutrition Flexible - Semper Gumby!!!!

Flexible-Joint Formula

by Formutech Nutrition

A little about myself: I am 30 y/o female who has played sports my whole life. I have been lifting weight seriously for about 2 years now. Over the years, my body has taken a beating, most notably in overuse joint injuries such as tendonitis. I have taken other joint formulas in the past, whether in liquid, powder or pill form, all to no avail. I am hoping this one does the trick. My main joint issues are in my elbows. Holding anything over 15 pounds on an outstretched arm (think lateral or front raises) causes quite a bit of pain in my elbows. My hope is that Flexible shows some improvement in this area which would be noted by a decrease in pain when doing the above moves.

I received my sample today, and will be starting the log tomorrow with the prescribed dosage of 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening for 10 days.

Thanks to FNutrition for this opportunity to try a product that, hopefully, will bring much more than less pain.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DAY 1

Since this is only a 10 day log, I figured I would post every day. I took 4 pills this morning upon waking and 4 around 3p.m. before my workout. Right now, my main areas of "achyness" are:

Right elbow
    both knees (after running only)
    both heels (after running only)
    right wrist

My job entails that I unload a truck full of boxes every Monday and Friday. This is a lot of heavy, awkward lifting at a relatively fast pace. I am going to also use that as a gauge for progress with Flexible. My other gauge will be doing front and lateral raises every other day. I will post a short video of each time I do it, so we can see if there is any less pain in my joints.

I ran 10 100 yard sprints today, so I am sure I will be extra achy tomorrow.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    DAY 1

Since this is only a 10 day log, I figured I would post every day. I took 4 pills this morning upon waking and 4 around 3p.m. before my workout. Right now, my main areas of "achyness" are:

Right elbow
    both knees (after running only)
    both heels (after running only)
    right wrist

My job entails that I unload a truck full of boxes every Monday and Friday. This is a lot of heavy, awkward lifting at a relatively fast pace. I am going to also use that as a gauge for progress with Flexible. My other gauge will be doing front and lateral raises every other day. I will post a short video of each time I do it, so we can see if there is any less pain in my joints.

I ran 10 100 yard sprints today, so I am sure I will be extra achy tomorrow.
    10 100 yard sprints, Nice! When it is warm out, I run some in front of my gym. It is possibly more than 100 yds, don't know for sure. I notice the inner portion of my left harm has been bugging me lately, especially on arm day. Is your inner or outside bothering you?

Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    10 100 yard sprints, Nice! When it is warm out, I run some in front of my gym. It is possibly more than 100 yds, don't know for sure. I notice the inner portion of my left harm has been bugging me lately, especially on arm day. Is your inner or outside bothering you?
    Thanks for checking out this log, I appreciate it.

The sprints sucked. I wanted to be done after 5, but I pushed through. As for my arm, it hurts here:

I have occasionally had it hurt on the inside as well, but that only seems to be when I am holding a ridiculous amount of weight, like on a farmer's walk or something similar.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IN! I am all about joint supps, get dem achey elbows a lot of times too on the insides though. Do your elbows ever get sore after a really good DL day? Sore heels too? Honestly never heard of that happening.

How big are the capsules, somewhat average like the normal glucosamine pills?
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    IN! I am all about joint supps, get dem achey elbows a lot of times too on the insides though. Do your elbows ever get sore after a really good DL day? Sore heels too? Honestly never heard of that happening.

How big are the capsules, somewhat average like the normal glucosamine pills?
    here is what the pills look like. The dosage is 4 in the morning, 4 in the evening:

I don't really get very achey on the inside. The sore heels are from bone spurs, don't think that will change with this supplement, I just mentioned it because they were really bothering me after the sprints.

Day 2

4 Flexible upon waking
    4 Flexible at 2:30p.m. after workout

I worked chest today and did a circuit of 5 exercises. I also did some tabata work on the airdyne bike. Afterward I did this video of front/lateral raises to give yall an idea of where my most severe pain comes from. The first round is with 10lb DB, and the second with 15lb DB.

With the 10lb DB, the pain in my right elbow was about a 3 on a 1/10 scale (10 being worst ever).

With the 15lb DB, the pain shot up to about a 6 or 7. I couldn't even get the side raises i large part to the pain, and partly due to the fact I was already exhausted from my chest workout.

It looks like I am exhausted throughout, and that's because I was. That tabata protocol was tough and I was still trying to catch my breath. At the end, I try and show you where the pain originates at.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Way to fight through those raises, those things are brutal.
    here is what the pills look like. The dosage is 4 in the morning, 4 in the evening:

That's not bad, wouldtry/10, looks like when I had to take all tose capsules for the great yellow jacket attack of 2012.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Way to fight through those raises, those things are brutal.

That's not bad, wouldtry/10, looks like when I had to take all tose capsules for the great yellow jacket attack of 2012.
    I really love doing front and lateral raises, because it's the one exercise I feel the most burn in my delts.

Initial review of flexible is that I do like that it comes in a veggie capsule, which makes it more easily digestible. I don't like that I have to take 8/day to get projected desired results. The owner did say there is a maintenance dose of 2/2 cutting the dose in half, but, I would prefer to take no more than 2 pills per day. But, that's just me and my weird thing about pills. However, I will say that if this really does work and I noticed a marked improvement in my elbow, then 8 suits me just fine! :-)

Day 3

4 flexible upon waking
    4 at 6:30p.m.

Today was a rest day

I didn't do any lateral raises, but I did have to carry a crap ton of groceries, which tends to bother my elbow as well.

Nothing new to report.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I really love doing front and lateral raises, because it's the one exercise I feel the most burn in my delts.

Initial review of flexible is that I do like that it comes in a veggie capsule, which makes it more easily digestible. I don't like that I have to take 8/day to get projected desired results. The owner did say there is a maintenance dose of 2/2 cutting the dose in half, but, I would prefer to take no more than 2 pills per day. But, that's just me and my weird thing about pills. However, I will say that if this really does work and I noticed a marked improvement in my elbow, then 8 suits me just fine! :-)
    I would just take half in the morning and half at night. The pills look relatively small, so I don't think 8 would be a big deal.

Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    I would just take half in the morning and half at night. The pills look relatively small, so I don't think 8 would be a big deal.
    That is what I am doing through this trial. Usually, I want to be done with one sitting of pills in the morning, mainly because I remember to take them then. If I have to take several doses throughout the day, I am guaranteed to forget a dose. So the less I have to take in a day, the better. I don't mind taking them all in one sitting if I can.

ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That is what I am doing through this trial. Usually, I want to be done with one sitting of pills in the morning, mainly because I remember to take them then. If I have to take several doses throughout the day, I am guaranteed to forget a dose. So the less I have to take in a day, the better. I don't mind taking them all in one sitting if I can.
    This is a product that you want to spread the dosage out. It then will stay in your system continually.
    Thanks
    Bruce Davis
    Formutech Nutrition
    www.formutechnutrition.com
    www.********.com/fnutrition
    @formutechnut

Sounds like how I do my glucosamine - take some when I wake up, again when I get home from work, and again right before I go to bed. If you get in the habit of doing it during the same tasks/time periods like that it's no prob to remember after a while. Or set a phone notification.
    Current PRs:

Originally Posted by ganutrition View Post
    This is a product that you want to spread the dosage out. It then will stay in your system continually.
    Thanks
    This is also known as the therapeutic index.

Just to clarify: With this product, I have been taking the dose as closely to prescribed as possible. 4 in the am and 4 in the pm.
    Last edited by mmater; 11-05-2012 at 02:02 PM.

DAy 4

4 Flexible at 1:30 pm. I had to be at work at 5a.m. and I forgot to take all my morning pills. No matter, I took them as soon as I got home and will take my next dose right before bed.

Today, my workout consisted of unloading a bunch of boxes for work as usual. Then, my gym workout was back. I don't want to speak too soon, but I may be noticing some change in my joints. Not sure, going to need a few more days to make accurate assessment. Fingers crossed.

DAY 5

4 flexible upon waking
    4 flexible at 9:45pm

Nothing new to report. My elbows are really sore today, both on the inside and the outside. Probably from a lot of pulling in yesterday's back workout.

DAY 5 - halfway point

So far, I haven't noticed too much of a difference in my joints. In all fairness, I am really focused on my elbows, so I am trying to be diligent in looking at the big picture of overall joint health, which is what FLEXIBLE is supposed to improve.

I am going to try and find some good articles and post them here about joint problems and ways to help either through pharmaceuticals or physical therapy.

4 Flexible upon waking
    4 Flexible 8:30p.m.

DAY 5 - halfway point

So far, I haven't noticed too much of a difference in my joints. In all fairness, I am really focused on my elbows, so I am trying to be diligent in looking at the big picture of overall joint health, which is what FLEXIBLE is supposed to improve.

I am going to try and find some good articles and post them here about joint problems and ways to help either through pharmaceuticals or physical therapy.

4 Flexible upon waking
    That is a good idea about the articles. This type of product is a hard one to log and it might start noticeably working at the 10 day or 2 week mark.

ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ganutrition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DAY 5 - halfway point

4 Flexible upon waking
    You had mentioned how severe some of your joint pain was and nothing had ever helped which is why I wanted to see if Flexible would make a difference. If you take a look at the others currently and before that logged this ten days showed excellent improvement at full dosage. I hope that it starts to show benefits for you the last 5 days. I was curious myself on this with you. Worth a shot!
    Bruce Davis
    Formutech Nutrition
    @formutechnut

Originally Posted by ganutrition View Post
    You had mentioned how severe some of your joint pain was and nothing had ever helped which is why I wanted to see if Flexible would make a difference. If you take a look at the others currently and before that logged this ten days showed excellent improvement at full dosage. I hope that it starts to show benefits for you the last 5 days. I was curious myself on this with you. Worth a shot!
    Yep. I am willing to try anything legal at this point. Like you said, it may just take a little bit to build up the levels in my system. I am still optimistic.

Ok, folks, so I wanted to get into this log a little deeper. I have been doing some research on the ingredients listed for Flexible. They are listed at the beginning of this log.

First, I want to start by sharing this little nugget from youtube. Although it is produced by another company, it is not heavily promoted in this video and it does give a good visual about Glucosamine and a bit about Chondroitin:

The other players in Flexible were less known to me. Cissus and Hyaluronic Acid.

Below are a few good websites regarding the two ingredients. I was going to post it in here, but I couldn't get it with the pictures and such, so I figured I would just link them instead.

Hyaluronic Acid: http://www.hyalogic.com/main/about_hyaluronic_acid

Cissus: http://cissus.org/category/science-of-cissus/

Unfortunately, in the supplement industry it is quite difficult for the average person to find scholarly articles or testing evidence regarding supplements. Being that I am more conservative when it comes to taking supplements, I am always searching for valid resources to confirm validity of a product.

That being said, I looked through a bazillion different joint health supps and their ingredient lists. I do believe that different supplements work for different people. Some people respond differently.

What I like about FNutrition's Flexible is the combination of ingredients. There are not extra "fillers" or "proprietary blends" which is usually code for hiding certain ingredients or the dosing for each ingredient. With Flexible, this is all laid out, which I am very happy about. The combination the Flexible has used seems to cover the range of components involved in joint health. For example, in a joint you are dealing with bones, ligaments, tendons, synovial fluid, etc. The ingredients in Flexible seem to address all of these areas, instead of just one specific part.

I was not familiar with cissus or hyaluronic acid until I started taking this product. And from what I have read about them so far, I like. Personally, I am a fan of natural medicine, or homeopathic, or whatever you want to call it. When I take a supplement, I would like for it to help me by either: A. increasing the already occurring natural production in my body, or B. obtain from a natural source (like plants, animals, etc.).

I may not be experiencing improvements in my joint pain as of yet (5 days in), but after doing some more research, I am fairly optimistic that FNutrition has a winning combination of ingredients for improving joint pain and overall health.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subbing to this, I'm always having knee and shoulder issues nagging me so curious to see how it works for you.

Unfortunately, in the supplement industry it is quite difficult for the average person to find scholarly articles or testing evidence regarding supplements. Being that I am more conservative when it comes to taking supplements, I am always searching for valid resources to confirm validity of a product.

That being said, I looked through a bazillion different joint health supps and their ingredient lists. I do believe that different supplements work for different people. Some people respond differently.

What I like about FNutrition's Flexible is the combination of ingredients. There are not extra "fillers" or "proprietary blends" which is usually code for hiding certain ingredients or the dosing for each ingredient. With Flexible, this is all laid out, which I am very happy about. The combination the Flexible has used seems to cover the range of components involved in joint health. For example, in a joint you are dealing with bones, ligaments, tendons, synovial fluid, etc. The ingredients in Flexible seem to address all of these areas, instead of just one specific part.

I was not familiar with cissus or hyaluronic acid until I started taking this product. And from what I have read about them so far, I like. Personally, I am a fan of natural medicine, or homeopathic, or whatever you want to call it. When I take a supplement, I would like for it to help me by either: A. increasing the already occurring natural production in my body, or B. obtain from a natural source (like plants, animals, etc.).

I may not be experiencing improvements in my joint pain as of yet (5 days in), but after doing some more research, I am fairly optimistic that FNutrition has a winning combination of ingredients for improving joint pain and overall health.
    I appreciate you taking the time to check out what all the ingredients in Flexible are about. You have perfectly covered what we were trying to do with this product. Our focus was on the entire joint as a whole instead of just specific joint pain. I hope that this starts to kick in for you.
    Thanks again
    Bruce Davis
    Formutech Nutrition
    @formutechnut

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mater Sorry Im so late :/

I read all the post in here! Im sure it will start kicking in. Shoot Im willing to send you some more out my stash if it starts kicking in and you run out. Im telling you I have a bad knee and shoulder. With being on this for 3 months the shoulder is fine. The knee is still stiff but light stretching fixes that(knee surgery I will never rid the stiffness)
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

Originally Posted by Raigs View Post
    Mater Sorry Im so late :/

I read all the post in here! Im sure it will start kicking in. Shoot Im willing to send you some more out my stash if it starts kicking in and you run out. Im telling you I have a bad knee and shoulder. With being on this for 3 months the shoulder is fine. The knee is still stiff but light stretching fixes that(knee surgery I will never rid the stiffness)
    No problemo, you are here now. What kind of shoulder issues were you having?

Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Raigs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dislocated a bunch of times before I got serious to lifting. So when I started lifting heavy it would hurt. Now when I go heavy it no longer hurts. Obviously good maintenance and stretching helps out as well.
    My “training log”
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178659261

Here to stay motivated and to motivate others

DAY 8

4 flexible upon waking
    4 Flexible will be this evening before bed

Still no marked difference, but that's ok. I have come to the realization that there may be another culprit to my joint pain in my arms. My sleeping. My bed is just a run of the mill bed, not too bad. It's a bit firm, but I really can't afford anything softer right now. So then the other issue is my pillows. Cheapo walmart pillows. I now use two for support, because if I just use one, I end up sleeping on my stomach like this:

minus the pacifer. ;-) This leaves me with bad cricks in my neck. However, this still happens quite often because I have rather wide hips and now that I have lost weight, they are that much more prominent, and it puts a lot of pressure on a single spot. This results in me laying like the above again. Sometimes I even end up like this:

As you can tell from the arm position it gets uncomfortable. My arm from the elbow down ends up falling asleep. All that being said, I think may contribute to joint soreness and stiffness with either prolonged uncomfortable position or decreased blood flow.

Something to ponder.