Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Using Powertec dip bars as plate holders?

Has anyone used or heard of using the Powertec Power Rack dip bars as plate holders? They seem to be basically the same thing as the kind of plate holders you add on to a power rack (like these: http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/1010.html )except they are angled rather then perfectly perpendicular to the side of the rack. I don't have plate holders and I don't use the dip bars so using this as a plate holder allows me to store some 45's on the side of my rack opposite where my plate tree is. The powertec website says the dipbars have a 400 lb bodyweight capacity.

Update: If anyone see this and is interested, I think I'm going to give this a try: http://www.home-gym-bodybuilding.com...te-holder.html
    Last edited by Squats49; 11-21-2011 at 02:21 PM.

NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Haha

Originally Posted by Squats49 View Post
    Has anyone used or heard of using the Powertec Power Rack dip bars as plate holders? They seem to be basically the same thing as the kind of plate holders you add on to a power rack (like these: http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/1010.html )except they are angled rather then perfectly perpendicular to the side of the rack. I don't have plate holders and I don't use the dip bars so using this as a plate holder allows me to store some 45's on the side of my rack opposite where my plate tree is. The powertec website says the dipbars have a 400 lb bodyweight capacity.

Update: If anyone see this and is interested, I think I'm going to give this a try: http://www.home-gym-bodybuilding.com...te-holder.html
    It's so funny you would ask that. I ended up cleaning up my reck room last.. or This last Saturday, anyway, after doing it I was annoyed that my 45's were always on the ground.. So I took these New York barbell Dip Handles and inserted them onto the #1 holes.. and basically, vwola - Plate holders. I didn't use my powertecs as they have that slight bend to it and kind of get in the way of my other stuff.

But yeah, it can be done, and as I didn't really care for the NYBB ones it's a good solution to a lack of solution for storage.

I can post some pics later tonight after school... I am/was interested a ways back in New York Barbells Plate Holders but the cost and quality control issues always put me off.. so Yeah, didn't.

But can be done.
    __
    Current Stuff I Take:
    Dymatize ISO: Banana
    Optimum Whey Gold Standard: Coffee
    Optimum Whey Turbo Chocolate
    Optimum Casein: Cookies & Cream
    Cellucor C4: Pink Lemonade
    Optimum: Amino Energy: Grape

Basic supps for daily intake.

What I want:
    Rogue R6 & All the pretty accessories.
    Rogue Bumper Plates, 160 more lbs!
    Commercial Trainer, Cable Stacks
    Anything & everything basically.

PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To be quite honest, I wouldn't want to put any plates on my Powertec rack. It's a great rack for what it is: it's relatively cheap, it has a great weight limit, and it has some pretty decent features that come along with it. However, as far as durability goes, the rack likely won't be a lifter's one and only rack for their lifetime just based on the fact that it is an entry-level 1000+ pound limit rack. I would assume storing your plates on the rack might put some unnecessary tension on the rack.

I also don't like the idea of losing functionality of any of the holes in the rack. I use the bottom ones to load and deload for rows quite often for example.

I could be totally wrong about it altering the longevity of the structure though.

Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Trevy-trev is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Seeing as the Powertec dip bars have a combined max capacity of 400 lbs, only 200 lbs should be stored on each. I can't see that causing an excessive amount to stress to the rack, even over time.

I would definitely use my dip bars as extra plate storage if I didn't use them for dips.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think anybody would be unhappy with the powertec rack for a lifetime if that's what made them happy. Its a nice piece of equipment for the price range.

Personally, I wouldn't want those posts in my way.... even if they never were in my way.... I'd always think they were. Just a personal thing though, I don't see why it wouldn't work. The dynamic load of someone doing dips has got to be more stress than a couple of 45's sitting there relaxing.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoKittyNo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Kay, here's some pics below:

If I were even so inclined I could cut them shorter to provide more access all around, but for me and now it's a viable solution. The way my room is set up I have one Weight Tree that HAS to be in the corner, taking away from one side of bottom pin storage, so I was forced to basically lay them down against the far-side wall, so like I said... when I was cleaning an idea came to me last Saturday.

**Also sorry the pictures are blurry and such, I am not a great photographer, lol.
    Last edited by NoKittyNo; 11-22-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    __
    Current Stuff I Take:
    Dymatize ISO: Banana
    Optimum Whey Gold Standard: Coffee
    Optimum Whey Turbo Chocolate
    Optimum Casein: Cookies & Cream
    Cellucor C4: Pink Lemonade
    Optimum: Amino Energy: Grape

Basic supps for daily intake.

What I want:
    Rogue R6 & All the pretty accessories.
    Rogue Bumper Plates, 160 more lbs!