Thread: tall

NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

tall

Am I to tall to do a powerlifter I am 6 foot

Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not too tall, possibly too stupid

NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NathanMACx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Come on no insults I was just thinking being shorter is a huge advantage in powerlifting cos u can weight less while lifting more then someone who it taller in the same weight class.

Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Incensed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NathanMACx View Post
    Come on no insults I was just thinking being shorter is a huge advantage in powerlifting cos u can weight less while lifting more then someone who it taller in the same weight class.
    Weight the same you mean..In which case the taller person is in the wrong weight class and needs to move up a weight class or two. The shorter person obviously has more muscle mass in that case, it has nothing to do with height. A short person is never going to be competitive in the heavy weight classes (275+) because he won't be able to get enough mass on his frame. You're 6'0 154lbs, do you seriously expect to be competitive?

Originally Posted by Incensed View Post
    Weight the same you mean..In which case the taller person is in the wrong weight class and needs to move up a weight class or two. The shorter person obviously has more muscle mass in that case, it has nothing to do with height. A short person is never going to be competitive in the heavy weight classes (275+) because he won't be able to get enough mass on his frame. You're 6'0 154lbs, do you seriously expect to be competitive?
    I just started lifting and nah I want to put on alot more mass before I start powerlifting competitively won't weight do u suggest I work toward before I start doin comps and stuff

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are young you can compete in the 181 class at your height but I'd stay out of the 198 pound class until you really know what you are doing cuz they will crush you up there. Dem der boys strong as ****!

Originally Posted by runtocatch View Post
    If you are young you can compete in the 181 class at your height but I'd stay out of the 198 pound class until you really know what you are doing cuz they will crush you up there. Dem der boys strong as ****!
    Ok thanks for the help ill rep ya

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i am 2 inches taller than you and do just fine. Unless you are a freak, powerlifting is about getting progressivley better numbers, not winning competitions. Besides, there are very few people who earn their living powerlifting.
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Respectfully disagree, ol' chap. He should be moving up as high as he can, he'll be weak as piss at 181 but will get stronger (even with respect to his weight) each class he moves up to. I don't see a point in hanging out in the 181's just if he is a teen or junior.

OP I'm 5'9 and I'm on the tall side for 220, so you should really just say **** it and become a super heavy
    Last edited by Torrtrefireto; 11-02-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    771/645/622 Single Ply

Ok thanks for the help every one I think power lifting isn't for me cos I don't gain mass very easy no mater how many calories i eat or protein

runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000) runtocatch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post
    Respectfully disagree, ol' chap. He should be moving up as high as he can, he'll be weak as piss at 181 but will get stronger (even with respect to his weight) each class he moves up to. I don't see a point in hanging out in the 181's just if he is a teen or junior.

OP I'm 5'9 and I'm on the tall side for 220, so you should really just say **** it and become a super heavy
    Fair enough. I should have stated my point a bit better. I sure didnt mean that he should hang out in the 181's forever but depending on his age that it would be a good class to be in. At your age its not the proper class but for a 17 year old it sure would work. The 6' tall 198 boys at age 17 are ****in monsters in my opinion. The upper echelon are anyhow.

klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you eat enough calories you will gain mass. I have only just started competing and at a smidge over 6ft i'm going to try to stay in the 105kg class. Yeah I should probably work up to the next class but I am going to do what I can at this weight first. Still have 3 or 4 kg to go in this class.

Edit:
    It looks like weight classes are different here? It goes 93kg, 105kg, 120kg and then open(120+).
    Last edited by klaery; 11-02-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Fair enough. I should have stated my point a bit better. I sure didnt mean that he should hang out in the 181's forever but depending on his age that it would be a good class to be in. At your age its not the proper class but for a 17 year old it sure would work. The 6' tall 198 boys at age 17 are ****in monsters in my opinion. The upper echelon are anyhow.
    How did u know I was 17 Haha I hide my age

Originally Posted by klaery View Post
    If you eat enough calories you will gain mass. I have only just started competing and at a smidge over 6ft i'm going to try to stay in the 105kg class. Yeah I should probably work up to the next class but I am going to do what I can at this weight first. Still have 3 or 4 kg to go in this class.
    This is how far out of the loop I am. I had no idea there was a 105kg class.

Originally Posted by klaery View Post
    Ok thank I won't stop lifting but I only weigh 70 kgs so it will take along time before ill be any good but I have a prety beast squat at 180kg well that's wot my friends say

How did u know I was 17 Haha I hide my age
    6' 154 "new to lifting weights"

Ok thank I won't stop lifting but I only weigh 70 kgs so it will take along time before ill be any good but I have a prety beast squat at 180kg well that's wot my friends say
    Start squatting lower...........I mean real low. Start all over again and learn it the right way.

klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000) klaery is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is how far out of the loop I am. I had no idea there was a 105kg class.
    Yeah it looks like it is different here in Australia from what people are saying. I am in Powerlifting Australia which is an IPF member organisation. I edited my first post with our weight classes.

Start squatting lower...........I mean real low. Start all over again and learn it the right way.
    I have good form my bum goes lower or even with my knees

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ***Georgia Crew***

Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dysun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    6 foot is tall....lmao yea sure buddy

scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    never considered myself tall at 6'
    gym lifts/competition lifts

squat ???/650
    bench 545/435
    deadlift 600/601

Penn State Powerlifting

Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10) Colluctor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I don't know about doing powerlifters, but no, you're not too tall to lift at all.

dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dlt76028 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Torrtrefireto View Post

I wouldn't say your too tall at 5'9, I'm 6' 220 and do pretty good except my long arms hurt my bench. It also depends on how lean you are and how much dense muscle and fast twitch muscle you have.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do DEADLIFT"--Jon Pall Sigmarsson

1829@230 raw
    622/380/826

Instagram: http://instagram.com/dtrouttpowerlifter

whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whatwhatwhat has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    no, powerlifters prefer getting done by tall men

Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    I hear ya. I gave up after he started talkin bout his bum and gettin on his knees.

Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000) Smolovicus is just really nice. (+1000)
    150 pounds at 6 feet tall.

Says he squats 400+ pounds to depth as a "new lifter."

sigh.
    Best gym lifts: S 430 / B 385 / D 480 both C&S

ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50) ISuckAtBenching will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    [img]troll thread pic[img]
    the irony is strong with this one

BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10) BrianLD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There are powerlifters in prison. I bet a few of them would do you.