Closed Thread
Page 310 of 310 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310
Results 9,271 to 9,294 of 9294
    mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mezner09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Create a page called "home" or homepage and make sure it has a page template. Then go into your settings and set the home page to a static page using the "home" page you created. I think it's under the reading settings?

edit: yeah just checked...
    Settings - Reading - Front Page Displays - "A Static Page"
    xTUNAx
    Ironman finisher
    Resident MISC cardio expert

jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mike.hunt View Post
    she is up to 500 now, and i just registered a recipe domain lol
    time to get my pin on
    btw, congrats on getting that interview. Good read and definitely gets my mind going about these guest blog posts I've seen a couple times now.
    Sacramento Kings | Dallas Cowboys | San Jose Sharks

NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by snabdul View Post
    Google will display the ads to wherever the published has set them to be displayed for.

For being able to display ads to a certain country, I was referring to a custom script, not something you would set from your adsense dashboard. Have a look at Geo-Targeting PHP Script and use that to show only the adsense code to your desired countries.
    if i show adsense to only usa visitors what am i gonna show to other countries? this doesnt really help lol
    Ron Paul 2012

prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prodigy1290 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey bros. for my essay on SEO i need to choose a reasarch question. any ideas? I'm thinking simple: "why is SEO important for offline and online business's"
    ------------------------------------------
    Yea boi""

Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100) Perforate is not very well liked. (-100)
    This thread inspired me to make my own website for ceo 10k/day. Go here:

www . no-crew . com

Have made $5 the first week of making it public

Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So I feel like I've covered everything I needed to for my website. Honest feedback is appreciated.

www.pofguide.com

I've got a #4 ranking on Google for the search POF Guide, but it displays the HTML code I used to make the font look good. Is it the meta-data that I edit where it will change it so that I can get a brief description of the site, instead of coding? Thanks!

ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Gif_Brah View Post
    So I feel like I've covered everything I needed to for my website. Honest feedback is appreciated.

www.pofguide.com

I've got a #4 ranking on Google for the search POF Guide, but it displays the HTML code I used to make the font look good. Is it the meta-data that I edit where it will change it so that I can get a brief description of the site, instead of coding? Thanks!
    Yea youll wanna edit the <meta name="description" content="your content here"> tag. Then ping your site and it should update fairly quick.

Edit: btw did you bother checking the monthly searches for "pof guide"? theres only 16 exact searches for that phrase in a month. might wanna consider targetting so higher traffic keywords. 3K+ monthly searches preferably
    Last edited by ForeverAManlet; 04-09-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gif_Brah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ForeverAManlet View Post
    Yea youll wanna edit the <meta name="description" content="your content here"> tag. Then ping your site and it should update fairly quick.
    Ah, got it. Last question though- Sorry for my retardedness, but how do I ping my site?

snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NYbrah View Post
    if i show adsense to only usa visitors what am i gonna show to other countries? this doesnt really help lol

A banner
    Another ad from a different company
    A paid sponsor
    nothing?
    Check out my supplement review website - http://www.supplementjudge.net/
    Reps for liking: http://www.********.com/supplementjudge

ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ForeverAManlet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ah, got it. Last question though- Sorry for my retardedness, but how do I ping my site?
    Heres a site where you could ping it: http://pingomatic.com/

Basically all pinging does is alert google (and various other guys like bing, yahoo etc) that you've changed your site and they'll come spider it.

I havent done SEO **** in a while, so u can search around for other ping sites some are quicker and easier to use than others.

cause once/if you start gettin into seo you'll wanna also ping links u build

EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EatItRAW92 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ForeverAManlet View Post
    Heres a site where you could ping it: http://pingomatic.com/

Basically all pinging does is alert google (and various other guys like bing, yahoo etc) that you've changed your site and they'll come spider it.

I havent done SEO **** in a while, so u can search around for other ping sites some are quicker and easier to use than others.

cause once/if you start gettin into seo you'll wanna also ping links u build
    Thanks for this, just what I needed.

JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    settings->writing

http://rpc.pingomatic.com/
    http://http://pingoat.net/
    http://pingomatic.com/
    http://pingmyblog.com/
    http://feedshark.brainbliss.com/
    http://pingates.com/
    http://pingler.com/
    http://autopinger.com/

Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000) Tyler_Durdin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mhteg View Post
    I'm using wordpress on my website. How do I make a post on the home page without needing a category? I just want 1 informative post about the site, not a list of blog posts.
    Kind of explained that badly but I don't know any other way to explain it.
    I'm assuming you're going to want a static page

jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000) jvinci is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i'll be the first to admit that my vodka website isn't in the most lucrative niche for adsense. But if you brah's have an interest in something, I definitely suggest making a review site, even as just a hobby. I've received more money in the form of free alcohol than I have from adsense lol. So even if you don't make that much money from your websites, sometimes you might be in a position to still get something out of it.

Also, what's the best way to handle domain email? I'd obviously like to use my admin@vodkaonly.com email, but i've had trouble using hostgator's "squirrel mail" or whatever else they have. Anyone have some email application they like? preferably one that can show new emails on my android phone?

OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000) OKPump is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jvinci View Post
    Also, what's the best way to handle domain email? I'd obviously like to use my admin@vodkaonly.com email, but i've had trouble using hostgator's "squirrel mail" or whatever else they have. Anyone have some email application they like? preferably one that can show new emails on my android phone?
    I just have mine forward all emails to my main personal email...then I just have 1 email to check everyday
    www.geneticwar.com

tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tunafishriot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Arrow

Originally Posted by jvinci View Post
    Register an account at Google Apps.
    - Go to http://google.com/a

You get to use your domain-specific email addresses in Gmail's interface instead of Squirrel Mail. All information is stored on Google's servers.

They'll give you instructions on how to set it up once you sign up. It requires you to go into your host's DNS records to change the MX Records to redirect your emails to Google. After that is set up, you can create your domain-specific email addresses (admin@vodkaonly.com, etc.). You get up to 10 email addresses on a free Google Apps account.

Even cooler, you can change some DNS records so that when you type in, let's say, mail.vodkaonly.com into your web browser, it will shoot you to a Gmail login page that is specific to your domain only. Here is one of my mail portals as an example: http://mail.dinobubble.com

You can also implement other Google software for your website such as Google Docs and Google Calendar so that you can share important documents and schedulings between employees or admins. Same thing with the custom URLs; you can access them through docs.vodkaonly.com and calendar.vodkaonly.com respectively.

----

I've never used Host Gator shared hosting (I have dedicated hosting), but I *think* they should give you access to DNS records. I think you can follow Google App's guide and have an option to select Host Gator as your host and they'll give you specific instructions. If they don't, you'll have to use the ghetto method.

----

Ghetto Method:

There is a another, simpler, ghetto way to link any Gmail address to your domain though... Let's say you have an email called vodka.only@gmail.com. You can tinker around in Gmail settings so that your outgoing emails will be sent as admin@vodkaonly.com.

Tutorial: http://www.shoestringbranding.com/20...gmail-address/

Obviously, you'll have to use a redirect from your server email to Gmail.

If you work solo and only need to use one email address, perhaps this is the best method for you. I'm the type that likes to have multiple email addresses to catch different emails. I have one that I use to accept business emails, one for personal or take inquiries, and one for social media registrations and feedback. I also have one archive/master email address, where all the other email addresses forward an extra copy to.

----

Once your email is on Gmail or Google Apps, it's just a matter of setting POP3 or IMAP so that you can get them on your Android phone.
    Last edited by tunafishriot; 04-09-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    ?

Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Smurg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Anyone want to review my site? Not done yet and yet to write any original articles: LIPO-6X Review

The text on each bubble on the homepage are a little long, I still need to write my own reviews, and I need to write articles for each ingredient.

I also plan to start a blog and actually buy a bottle or two and log it = tons of content, keywords in text, legit pictures / logs, I am on a cut anyways, it's worth it

Not getting many organic visitors yet, I got some web 2.0's from a fiverr gig, so working on editing them (they leave in the default thread and post and bs) and making them more legit, building them more backlinks, and pinging them.

Anyone else use scrapebox ?

snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50) snabdul will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Google Apps is great and hostgator can set up the domain end for you without a problem at all.
    Check out my supplement review website - http://www.supplementjudge.net/
    Reps for liking: http://www.********.com/supplementjudge

Sorry to be an annoying prick, but I'm still getting the html coding in Google. I tried pinging my sites, but it's not making a difference. Or am I just being impatient?

mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mike.hunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to be an annoying prick, but I'm still getting the html coding in Google. I tried pinging my sites, but it's not making a difference. Or am I just being impatient?

It will take 1-3 days for google to refresh the data, in the meantime you can go here: http://www.scrubtheweb.com/abs/meta-check.html and see how it will look.

notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000) notsostrong is just really nice. (+1000)
    is anyone familiar with using google adwords to promote their site?

TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz TheDukeUSMC has the mod powerz
    Last edited by TheDukeUSMC; 04-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.
    I wish everyone the best in achieving your goals

speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) speakers4u is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    part 7 here we come
    ++ Positive Crew ++