overdosed on confidence JeromeWeinberg's Avatar
    JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000)

How can I fix a weak groin

Whenever I squat, my groin is by far the most sore. I sometimes have to wait up to 5 minutes for the soreness to go down in between sets before I can squat, even though my quads/hams/glutes/etc feel fine within 3 minutes or less. How can I strengthen my groin so it doesn't become as sore anymore? Thanks for any help.
    :)

my name isn't diana Diana Meeque's Avatar
    Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do you do any stretching?
    501, 302, 551; 1354 @ 181
    Hoss' Gym utube: youtube.com/hoss3644
    Mai utube: youtube.com/caa916

JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000) JeromeWeinberg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Diana Meeque View Post
    do you do any stretching?
    I do plenty. Foam roll and dynamic stretching pre workout, static stretching and extensive foam rolling post workout.

inb4 OP is an idiot and is afraid to static stretch pre-lifts. I know that static stretching can help achieve range of motion and flexibility and whatnot with lifts, but that's not much of an issue right now. Maybe it is with my groin though, and all I need to do is some static groin stretching pre-lift.

bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JeromeWeinberg View Post
    I do plenty. Foam roll and dynamic stretching pre workout, static stretching and extensive foam rolling post workout.

inb4 OP is an idiot and is afraid to static stretch pre-lifts. I know that static stretching can help achieve range of motion and flexibility and whatnot with lifts, but that's not much of an issue right now. Maybe it is with my groin though, and all I need to do is some static groin stretching pre-lift.
    Op is not an idiot because he's found a weakness and taking measures to correct it which is alot more than I can say for other people.

You can try some ankle sled dragging by tieing it to your right ankle and walking sideways to left or vice versa. Would be ggood to do on off days to get blood flowing

And are you squatting everyday like your avatar say? Maybe they need a break lol
    Loves deadlifting so much want to become coroner

UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10) UPAJudge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Low box squats, pause squats, one legged leg press done deep.

Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diana Meeque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

hm...well, how long have you been squatting? what kind of sets (rep range, tempo) are you doing that make your groin sore for 5 minutes after the set? and how often are you squatting?

Originally Posted by bobjenkins777 View Post
    Op is not an idiot because he's found a weakness and taking measures to correct it which is alot more than I can say for other people.

You can try some ankle sled dragging by tieing it to your right ankle and walking sideways to left or vice versa. Would be ggood to do on off days to get blood flowing

And are you squatting everyday like your avatar say? Maybe they need a break lol
    Thanks for the input. I don't actually squat on a daily basis, lol. I squat 3x a week (currently on SS).

Originally Posted by UPAJudge View Post
    Low box squats, pause squats, one legged leg press done deep.
    Thank you for the feedback.

hm...well, how long have you been squatting? what kind of sets (rep range, tempo) are you doing that make your groin sore for 5 minutes after the set? and how often are you squatting?
    I started squatting/lifting in general on August 1st. I do 3 sets of 5 reps. I rest between 5 seconds between each rep. I squat 3x a week (Mon, Wed, Fri).

Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danielwik is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I think your on the right path OP just need to stretch your groin and roll it if you can.

Originally Posted by Danielwik View Post
    I think your on the right path OP just need to stretch your groin and roll it if you can.
    Yeah, I just tried a few different static stretches for my lower body in general. I think I'll start static stretching on off days. Anymore advice would be greatly appreciated though.

Thanks for the input. I don't actually squat on a daily basis, lol. I squat 3x a week (currently on SS).

Thank you for the feedback.

I started squatting/lifting in general on August 1st. I do 3 sets of 5 reps. I rest between 5 seconds between each rep. I squat 3x a week (Mon, Wed, Fri).
    in that case i'd just give it more time. you're really new to lifting and you're squatting 3x a week so it makes sense that you'd be sore. just keep plugging away. if you want you can start doing static stretches a few hours before your workout or just whenever you have some free time/nothing better to do.

BUT if you have any videos of you squatting/what your squat form looks like, you should post it up here so we can see if you're doing anything that might make the soreness more exaggerated (5 minutes is a pretty long time, but then again i don't even remember what it's like to be new to lifting lol).

in that case i'd just give it more time. you're really new to lifting and you're squatting 3x a week so it makes sense that you'd be sore. just keep plugging away. if you want you can start doing static stretches a few hours before your workout or just whenever you have some free time/nothing better to do.

BUT if you have any videos of you squatting/what your squat form looks like, you should post it up here so we can see if you're doing anything that might make the soreness more exaggerated (5 minutes is a pretty long time, but then again i don't even remember what it's like to be new to lifting lol).

Here's a video of me squatting on Friday. From what I can tell the form is O.K., just a bit more forward knee travel than I'd like (as well as some unintentional cutting off of depth on a few reps). I'm going to keep trying to sit back as much as possible to fix that though.

bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bobjenkins777 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have you tried the stretch where you assume the wide stance squat position at the bottom. Then put your palms together and put elbows inbetween knees and push out with elbows

Works great for me

Have you tried the stretch where you assume the wide stance squat position at the bottom. Then put your palms together and put elbows inbetween knees and push out with elbows

Works great for me
    Yes, I actually do it each morning when I remember to on workout days (I lift around 6 PM).

Here's a video of me squatting on Friday. From what I can tell the form is O.K., just a bit more forward knee travel than I'd like (as well as some unintentional cutting off of depth on a few reps). I'm going to keep trying to sit back as much as possible to fix that though.

Watched the video and can see your torso folling forward and slightly doing a good morning. Just a tip do some exercises to strengthen lower back or when you start adding a few more lbs this will limit your squats

(And wow did I just butcher the spelling of "falling" badly...)

Watched the video and can see your torso folling forward and slightly doing a good morning. Just a tip do some exercises to strengthen lower back or when you start adding a few more lbs this will limit your squats

(And wow did I just butcher the spelling of "falling" badly...)
    Thanks for pointing that out. I was aware of this after the lift and felt it happen during the lift. I don't necessarily think it's a result of lower back being weak though, I think I was just overambitious and used that hip drive much too fast. I'm going to focus on keeping my chest up and back tight though for sure, and obviously continue deadlifting.

moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000) moetstylesbrah is just really nice. (+1000)

step 1. loose the belt, unless you got back problems or something.. it takes the load of your core..

step 2. control your torso, strengthen your core if you need to.. ab exercise and goodmorning for your lower back

step 3. lose the belt on your deadlift too, for same reasons as above..

jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdyqf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whenever I squat, my groin is by far the most sore. I sometimes have to wait up to 5 minutes for the soreness to go down in between sets before I can squat, even though my quads/hams/glutes/etc feel fine within 3 minutes or less. How can I strengthen my groin so it doesn't become as sore anymore? Thanks for any help.
    I have the same problem. However, I already stretch before every workout pretty thoroughly. All I did was narrow my stance up, and started squatting that way. I like that squat type better anyways.
    PR's: 365 | 280 | 500 = 1145 lbs

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161814243&p=1242966893#post1242966893

djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) djo90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by moetstylesbrah View Post
    step 1. loose the belt, unless you got back problems or something.. it takes the load of your core..

step 2. control your torso, strengthen your core if you need to.. ab exercise and goodmorning for your lower back

pls go

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your groin isn't weak. It's probably just tight. I injured mine a while ago. My glutes were weak and my groin muscles had to take on the slack of my glutes not activating properly. The groin muscles act as extensors of the knee at a certain point, your glutes are hip extensors. When the glutes don't work properly, the hamstring and adductors can get inured (torn/pulled).

Do some glute activation work before lower body lifting (look it up in youtube) and really focus on squeezing your ass when you squat and deadlift.

Originally Posted by BEhave View Post
    Your groin isn't weak. It's probably just tight. I injured mine a while ago. My glutes were weak and my groin muscles had to take on the slack of my glutes not activating properly. The groin muscles act as extensors of the knee at a certain point, your glutes are hip extensors. When the glutes don't work properly, the hamstring and adductors can get inured (torn/pulled).

Do some glute activation work before lower body lifting (look it up in youtube) and really focus on squeezing your ass when you squat and deadlift.
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking up some of these now. I'll definitely try keeping my glutes tight when I squat and deadlift. I recently began doing it while benching and it made a world of a difference (benching 145 without glutes being tight felt like a mountain, but 150 with tight glutes was the easiest thing on earth).

Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Austere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    More stretching, more warmup sets are what helped me with this issue.
    Misc MD Crew

Foreveralone Virgin Crew

Crazy as a **** house rat YoBigFatMomma's Avatar
    YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Usually if adductors are weak your knees would come in when squatting or deadlifting. I didn't see that in your video so maybe its not a weakness. Anyway unless your form is ****ed and you can't fix it you shouldn't do any assistance work on SS, just focus on setting PR's 3 times a week, which gets hard enough.
    385/245/485 @ 210

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
    <|>
    ┌8====D
    ⌡ \

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Austere View Post
    More stretching, more warmup sets are what helped me with this issue.
    this always helps

Originally Posted by YoBigFatMomma View Post
    Usually if adductors are weak your knees would come in when squatting or deadlifting. I didn't see that in your video so maybe its not a weakness. Anyway unless your form is ****ed and you can't fix it you shouldn't do any assistance work on SS, just focus on setting PR's 3 times a week, which gets hard enough.
    Thank you for your input. While I do always make sure to prioritize whatever big 3 lifts I am doing for the day, I don't see a single thing wrong with doing a bit of assistance work afterward (maybe 2x8 dips, or pull ups, or bicep curls) as long as I feel fine. Obviously if I haven't eaten or slept well, I'm not about to go for 3 PRs and then try to do unnecessary assistance work.

Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Longo118 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Adductor/Abductor helped my problem
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Strongman118

clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    groin's a hard area to foam roll...

do this OP, get a good rolling pin (wooden or stainless), sit down on the edge of a chair, and roll the crap out of the inside of your leg. This is by far the best and easiest way to get this area... i do it all the time.

Originally Posted by moetstylesbrah View Post

I read somewhere that the belt doesn't take the load off my core. Regardless, I only wear it for my heavy sets to help create stability, but never for my warm ups.

Originally Posted by clorox_me View Post
    groin's a hard area to foam roll...

do this OP, get a good rolling pin (wooden or stainless), sit down on the edge of a chair, and roll the crap out of the inside of your leg. This is by far the best and easiest way to get this area... i do it all the time.
    Thanks for the idea. Will do.

DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DetKimble is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you are trying to strengthen your groin area try some sumo pulls and adduction exercises.

i used to have groin pain too, but stretching seemed to help
    Westside Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=656798713#post656798713