Closed Thread
Page 107 of 269 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 8051
    N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 0Brahim0 View Post
    Thank you "N4J4R" for your help and your encourage too ^^
    Can I someone explain to me something I don't know, when you say for example : "Bench 5x8" is there a specific exercise of it or is it Barbell Bench Press or what is it ?! (the same thing for squat and deadlift).
    about rippetoes SS program do I should only train one exercise of the 3 (squat, bench, deadlift) for the whole 3 month and never change it?!
    in rippetoes SS program again do I need to stick with it and don't add any more exercises like biceps or triceps or Forearm or anything else until I move on to the next program?!

No worries, mate.

When a program says 'bench 5x8', this means you do bench press for 5 sets of 8 reps. You can complete this with a barbell or dumbbells, whatever takes your fancy really. Same goes for squat and deadlift although with these two, barbells are better. I've never really seen/heard of anyone doing deadlifts with dumbbells. Squats can be done with dumbbells but only do this if you have no access to a barbell and a safe enviroment to complete the squats in i.e. if you're lacking a suitable squat rack/power rack set up.

You follow the program as it is set out:

Workout A
    Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5

Workout B
    Squat 3x5
    Press 3x5
    Power Clean 5x3

So, for example you begin your training on the monday. You would do all the reps and sets required for workout A. On Wednesday, you would do the same except this time with workout B and so on and so forth...
    Here's a link to the sticky for rippetoes: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243
    More information can be found in there

IMO, it is usually best to not alter this program by chucking in curls, forearm work and a tonne of other exercises. Stick to what is given and train consistently and you will see progress. Changing the program too much no longer makes this program rippetoes. Wait until you've built a solid strength base before moving on to another program which incorporates more exercises like curls, skullcrushers etc etc. Just my 2 cents

Hope this helps, buddy!

Originally Posted by sza View Post
    Awesome, that's what I was expecting.

I was thinking of more of Brock Lesnar droopy.

How about having an undeveloped lower chest, will that give more of a flat look, or is that just broscience? Zyzz said it on Battlecam but no sure if it was just his body type/muscle insertions rather than the exercises he did.
    To be honest, I've never seen anyone with a developed upper middle area but underdeveloped/undeveloped lower pecs. I've mainly done flat and incline work since I have no access to a decline bench (train at home) and I've only ever done decline work twice which was when I went and trained with some mates at a uni gym. My lower chest seems to be coming along o.k. as it is with just the incline and flat work that I've been hitting it with. If you're wondering what I do for chest, let me know and I'll post/PM you my routine. Just note that I'm doing PHAT so on my hypertrophy day, you'll probably notice higher reps than on my power days.

Sorry for the slight delay in my response btw! Been at uni all day lol and final exams are coming up so it's getting very busy, indeed.

Hope this helps, mate!
    <<:::>> Founder, CMO, Researcher, & Writer at Spartan Supps. <<:::>>

www.********.com/spartansupps

http://spartansupplements.wordpress.com/

Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by N4J4R View Post

To be honest, I've never seen anyone with a developed upper middle area but underdeveloped/undeveloped lower pecs. I've mainly done flat and incline work since I have no access to a decline bench (train at home) and I've only ever done decline work twice which was when I went and trained with some mates at a uni gym. My lower chest seems to be coming along o.k. as it is with just the incline and flat work that I've been hitting it with. If you're wondering what I do for chest, let me know and I'll post/PM you my routine. Just note that I'm doing PHAT so on my hypertrophy day, you'll probably notice higher reps than on my power days.

Sorry for the slight delay in my response btw! Been at uni all day lol and final exams are coming up so it's getting very busy, indeed.

Hope this helps, mate!
    In addition to N4J4R's post, dips where you are focusing on the chest and less on the triceps will help develop the pec minor and the areas covered by decline benching, for the most part.
    www.bodyology.me

"Be Audacious."

Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000) Strength.Honor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You all like the new avi?

www.bodyology.me

"Be Audacious."

inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50) inquisitive808 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can I someone explain to me something I don't know, when you say for example : "Bench 5x8" is there a specific exercise of it or is it Barbell Bench Press or what is it ?! (the same thing for squat and deadlift).
    about rippetoes SS program do I should only train one exercise of the 3 (squat, bench, deadlift) for the whole 3 month and never change it?!
    in rippetoes SS program again do I need to stick with it and don't add any more exercises like biceps or triceps or Forearm or anything else until I move on to the next program?!

As for the assistances:
    I started doing regular SS, but when I switched to Practical Programming (as shown below) my back and biceps got a LOT bigger. You don't need to do triceps as heavy pressing 3x a week will work them fine, and Deadlifts, imo, are adequate stimulation for the forearms. Honestly, if you're a beginner, you probably don't know enough to add assistance. You may claim to have weak or underdeveloped body parts, but you're entire body is a weak point, you're only a beginner. I think Rip said that once you add assistance lifts, your body reacts differently to the increased stress, and it is no longer his program.

Monday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench press / Press (Alternating)
    Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Press / Bench Press (Alternating)
    1x5 Deadlift

Friday
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press / Press (Alternating)
    Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

@Strength.Honor: mirin forearms
    I always rep back. Just ask.

sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hope this helps, mate!
    Don't worry 'bout the delays, man.

What's your chest routine like? It'd be better if you post it here so other people could see too.
    Scariest guy on Misc
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Trance/House Crew █ ▆ ▅ ▃

☨ ✝ Tebow Supporter ✝ ☨

☆☆☆ 6'6"+ Crew ☆☆☆

☆♕♕☆ Power lifting Crew ☆♕♕☆

㋡㋡ ツ Always Happy Crew ツ ㋡㋡

LeonRokky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if i want to grow my lateraly delts, should i do side laterals before military press etc. so i have more energy and can lift heavier for longer? will this help me grow them ? thanks alot

youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have another to questions for you man lol
    1st- Can I drink my supplements when I am not exercising?
    2nd- Is this a good workout schedule; mon: off; tues: biceps and back; wed: chest and triceps; thurs: off; fri: legs and shoulders; sat: off; sun: an overall body exercise. Thanks man also helps me a lot.

N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) N4J4R is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Strength.Honor View Post
    You all like the new avi?

Mirin forearms, mate! Strong traps as well, GJDM

Don't worry 'bout the delays, man.

What's your chest routine like? It'd be better if you post it here so other people could see too.
    Chest routine is as follows:

Sunday: (As part of my upper body power day)

Flat Bench Press
    3 sets of 3-5 reps (probably going to change this in the coming week to 5x3-5 rather than 3x3-5)

Close Grip Bench Press
    2 sets of 6-10 reps

Friday: (As part of my Chest/Arms Hypertrophy day)

Flat Bench Press (power exercise. 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max focusing on good form with a bit of speed)
    6 sets of 3 reps

Incline Bench Press
    3 sets of 8-12 reps

Flat Dumbbell flyes
    2 sets of 12-15 reps

Incline dumbbell flyes
    2 sets of 15-20 reps

As I said, it's a part of a PHAT routine. The power days are when I use heavier weights with maximum rest time between each set. The hypertrophy days utilize lower weights for a lot more reps and about 1-2 mins rest between each set, with 2 mins between each new exercise. The sessions are quite taxing the first time round but you eventually get used to the increase in volume. I personally love PHAT and would probably use it on a cut, however if I was to do this, then I would slightly reduce the volume by dropping an exercise on each hypertrophy day or simply reducing the reps slightly.

If you have any queries, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them for you, mate.

As always, hope this helps!

Originally Posted by LeonRokky View Post
    if i want to grow my lateraly delts, should i do side laterals before military press etc. so i have more energy and can lift heavier for longer? will this help me grow them ? thanks alot
    I believe there is something called the priority principle which is essentially where you begin your training with the muscle group that you feel needs more attention to give it the best workout you possibly can. I'm not sure if this works, nor have I tried it personally. I've always done my compound movements first before doing any sort of isolation movements. You can hit your lateral delts somewhat with compound movements like upright rows. Isolation movements will usually hit them better (since they isolate them lol). I tend to do my lateral raises at the end of my shoulder workout. It gives me motivation to really push through the final sets and reps in order to complete the session and although it's hard, I love the pump it gives me. I have also done them in the middle of my workout and I feel that I've had better gains training them at the end. Could be just me, though. IMO, so long as you're using good form and are slowly increasing the intensity somehow (bumping up the weight for example every so often) whilst maintaining a good diet and enough rest, they should grow.

Hope this helps, mate!

Originally Posted by youngNfit View Post
    I have another to questions for you man lol
    1st- Can I drink my supplements when I am not exercising?
    2nd- Is this a good workout schedule; mon: off; tues: biceps and back; wed: chest and triceps; thurs: off; fri: legs and shoulders; sat: off; sun: an overall body exercise. Thanks man also helps me a lot.
    1) Of course No problems with having a whey protein shake on an off day to help hit your macros, IMO. Taking creatine on your off days is also fine as well, IMO. I probably wouldn't waste using a pre-workout if I'm not working out though. Just my 2 cents.

2) I don't see why that particular schedule couldn't work provided your train efficiently and effectively, consume enough calories that fit your macros and get enough rest. I would personally swap chest and triceps to the legs and shoulders day. Furthermore, I would train back ans shoulders together and put both bis and tris with chest day. This would leave and entire day to focus on legs so that I can really hit them hard. I.e., it would look like this:

mon: off;
    tues: Back and shoudlers;
    wed: Legs;
    thurs: off;
    fri: Chest and arms;
    sat: off;

What, may I ask, is the 'overall body exercise' that you've got scheduled on your Sunday? Is this some form of cardio or a school/club team sport you've got on for that day?

Hope this helps!

sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50) sza will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks N4J4R !

I've been doing incline db press but I mainly get DOMS on my shoulders the next day. Am I doing something wrong?
    Scariest guy on Misc
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

☨ ✝ Tebow Supporter ✝ ☨

☆☆☆ 6'6"+ Crew ☆☆☆

0Brahim0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No worries, mate.

When a program says 'bench 5x8', this means you do bench press for 5 sets of 8 reps. You can complete this with a barbell or dumbbells, whatever takes your fancy really. Same goes for squat and deadlift although with these two, barbells are better. I've never really seen/heard of anyone doing deadlifts with dumbbells. Squats can be done with dumbbells but only do this if you have no access to a barbell and a safe enviroment to complete the squats in i.e. if you're lacking a suitable squat rack/power rack set up.

You follow the program as it is set out:

Workout A
    Squat 3x5
    Bench 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5

Workout B
    Squat 3x5
    Press 3x5
    Power Clean 5x3

So, for example you begin your training on the monday. You would do all the reps and sets required for workout A. On Wednesday, you would do the same except this time with workout B and so on and so forth...

IMO, it is usually best to not alter this program by chucking in curls, forearm work and a tonne of other exercises. Stick to what is given and train consistently and you will see progress. Changing the program too much no longer makes this program rippetoes. Wait until you've built a solid strength base before moving on to another program which incorporates more exercises like curls, skullcrushers etc etc. Just my 2 cents
    Thank you friend, you're so helpful

Thanks N4J4R !

I've been doing incline db press but I mainly get DOMS on my shoulders the next day. Am I doing something wrong?
    No worries

How high is your incline of the bench set at? Generally, the higher the incline, the more work the delts will have to do. My delts are usually the first to go during my incline work with chest coming in a very close second.

Thank you friend, you're so helpful
    Anytime, brah. Happy I could help

Not sure with the numbers but just little bit lower than this.

Next time I'll try making it more low and see how it goes.

Scariest guy on Misc

☨ ✝ Tebow Supporter ✝ ☨

☆☆☆ 6'6"+ Crew ☆☆☆

Not sure with the numbers but just little bit lower than this.

Next time I'll try making it more low and see how it goes.

I've attached two images below of my bench height.

As you can probably/hopefully see, my bench is set to the third notch/hole. I find this incline to be adequate enough for my incline bench work. I suppose it would depend on the individual, but just to give you a rough idea, that's what I set my bench at.

Maccazk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Maccazk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Maccazk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Maccazk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So I've been doing a routine which consists of:

Monday: Power Upper
    Tuesday: Power Lower
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Hypertrophy Shoulders/Back
    Friday: Hypertrophy Lower
    Saturday: Hypertrophy Chest/Arms
    Sunday: Rest

This has been working really well for me for the last month. However, ealier in the year I tore my medial ligament in my knee and did some cartlidge damage: I recovered well, but during the week I slightly injured it again. I've always been plagued with knee injuries, so basically this means I won't be able to work my legs for roughly two/three weeks. So basically I'm wondering what I should do with my routine? Do I keep it the same and not include the leg days? And what would be suitable subsitutes for lifts that incorperate knee movements, such as deadlifts?

Originally Posted by N4J4R

mon: off;
    tues: Back and shoudlers;
    wed: Legs;
    thurs: off;
    fri: Chest and arms;
    sat: off;
    N4J4R, the only thing I would change is move back and shoulders to Monday to avoid deadlift and squat interference.
    www.bodyology.me

"Be Audacious."

Thanks N4J4R !

Use less incline and make sure to tuck your shoulders more. A lot of people use way too much incline and then it becomes a front felt exercise.

The bench shouldn't be anymore than 30 degrees. 2-3 notches on the bench adjustment.
    www.bodyology.me

"Be Audacious."

Muscleoneday has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

The pain in this region of the forearms that you've indicated could be a number of different things and thus could be arising due to a number of different reasons. For example, you may have Tendinitis or maybe even some sort of brachioradialis strain. You may have weak forearms and could benefit from strengthening them further with some direct work.

I would also suggest swapping from regular straight bar barbell curls to an Ezy bar. This may help with the discomfort you're currently feeling during the movement. Resting the area and possibly applying ice packs is usually a good place to start IMO, especially if it is Tendinitis. Seeing a medical professional may help further. Personally I would try what I've suggested above first and if it doesn't seem to be working (don't expect it to go away quickly, these tings take time), and if the problem persists/gets worse (hopefully it won't!), it may be worth consulting a physio/sports doctor for a second and obviously more professional opinion. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Hope this helps, mate!

How long have you been training for? Generally, the maximum amount of dry muscle tissue a person can expect to gain per week and under perfect conditions is approximately 0.25 - 0.5 pounds per week. It usually takes a few months before any major changes in physique are noticed. Newbies will make gains quickly to begin with i.e. noob gains, but things will start to slow after a while. Taking progress pictures and recording weight fluctuations will help you to track your progress, as will taking measurements of body parts to see where you're gaining/lacking and by how much.

7 pounds is quite a lot for a few days. How many days are we talking about? You'll want to gain about 0.5 - 1 pound per week. Take things slow and try to limit your fat gains during your bulk by only eating slightly above maintenance by about 200-400 calories. It will also allow you to bulk for longer and may allow you a quicker cutting cycle later on.

Hope this helps, mate!

No worries bro
    If you have any further questions, please let us know asap. We'll do our best to help where we can.

Best of luck with your training, as well!
    Thanks. I guess you could say 5 days.

amohield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hella, asking a question for a friend of mine. He asked me today how to cut - since I'm primarily concerned with the bulking side of things (I'm a toothpick), I didn't know how to help him (he's pretty big - think football type). He's just started Madcow's intermediate program. He's only been on it for about a week before he realized he wanted to cut.

Anyway, question is - can someone point us in the right direction for cutting? Should he stay on Madcows? He's insisting on P90X, but I feel that keeping his lifting program is a better idea. I just don't know how to go about weight increases and stuff.

MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrMagic123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    IMO, I think it's best to keep the back straight during the movement. In the video, they do have an arch but they also mention that this is an exaggerated arch and rippetoes also recommends tightening your abs during the movement. Tightening the glutes is also a good idea, IMO.

To check your technique, I would highly recommend setting up a camera and filming from an appropriate angle as you complete each and every set. That way you can check (roughly) after each set where your form may/may not be lacking and thus make any necessary tweaks to rectify these issues.
    Waiting on pain to tell you that you've been doing it wrong is NOT advisable. If you really need assistance with getting your form down pat, first post a video here and we can always take a look at it for you and make suggestions. You can go one step further and seek some professional guidance for the movement (among others if need be). If you let a problem go unnoticed it probably could develop into larger longer term issues further down the line, yes. You could try seated shoulder presses as this tends to take off stress off of the lower back, IMO.

:Hope this helps!
    Thanks, feel more comfortable with it now! Just want to make sure i'm not injuring myself ya know ?

When doing the bench press, I find it difficult to 'keep m shoulders tight' when i lift the bar my shoulders seem to come forward a bit, dont know how to keep my shoulders tight! Any ideas ?

Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10) Isoleucine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have googled this but want a sorta of direct answer.

I just finished 3 months of SS and am ready to move on to another program or split.

I want to gain another 25 to 30 pounds but want some more aesthetics that SS did not really give me.

Thank you

Originally Posted by Strength.Honor View Post
    N4J4R, the only thing I would change is move back and shoulders to Monday to avoid deadlift and squat interference.
    100% agree, bro. The only reason I put it on the Tuesday was because his original set up was like this and I was assuming that he did this because he can't train on the Monday.
    So, youngNfit, If you're reading both our replies and are able to train on the Monday, then both Strength.Honor and I would suggest moving your back/shoulders session onto the Monday rather than Tuesday

Originally Posted by amohield View Post
    Hella, asking a question for a friend of mine. He asked me today how to cut - since I'm primarily concerned with the bulking side of things (I'm a toothpick), I didn't know how to help him (he's pretty big - think football type). He's just started Madcow's intermediate program. He's only been on it for about a week before he realized he wanted to cut.

Anyway, question is - can someone point us in the right direction for cutting? Should he stay on Madcows? He's insisting on P90X, but I feel that keeping his lifting program is a better idea. I just don't know how to go about weight increases and stuff.
    I agree with you. Madcows is, IMO, acceptable for a cut. It is a strength program and I usually suggest strength programs for cuts. Why? Because it is difficult to build lean tissue during the cutting period however it is generally easier to somewhat maintain strength when using a strength program like madcows. It is also sometimes possible to slightly increase strength during a cut. Losing weight is all about consuming less calories than you need to maintain weight. As long as your mate is consuming about 200-400 calories below maintenance, he should lose weight. Protein consumption should also be boosted somewhat, to roughly 1.7-2g per kg of bodyweight, IMO. If he wants to eat more, go for it but I personally don't think it'd be necessary.

Hope this helps, brah!

Originally Posted by MrMagic123 View Post
    Thanks, feel more comfortable with it now! Just want to make sure i'm not injuring myself ya know ?

When doing the bench press, I find it difficult to 'keep m shoulders tight' when i lift the bar my shoulders seem to come forward a bit, dont know how to keep my shoulders tight! Any ideas ?
    Answering questions of the fly right now (at uni and not really allowed to be doing this. meh) lol so I apologize in advance for the short reply, mate.

Practice, practice and more practice. Film yourself if need be to critique your form, post it here for further insight if you want. Also, check out this series of videos if you haven't already. It really does help:

They also have a few other benching videos that may be of some further assistance to you at this time. If you need more assistance at all, please do not hesistate to post back ITT asap, mate!

I really hope this helps all the same.

Originally Posted by Isoleucine View Post
    I have googled this but want a sorta of direct answer.

I just finished 3 months of SS and am ready to move on to another program or split.

I want to gain another 25 to 30 pounds but want some more aesthetics that SS did not really give me.

Thank you
    What are the stats for your big three lifts (bench, squat, deadlift)? There is an entire plethora of different and equally amazing programs available to you at this time. You could, for example, choose to run a madcows 5x5 program. Or, you may be interested in something like PHAT. If you're really looking to do some more isolation movements as well as some big compounds, then I would suggest a PHAT program. Please note: This program takes some getting used to, depending on the amount of volume you have for the sessions/week. Most people tend to find that they get somewhat acclimatized to the increase in volume after a few weeks time. Get back to me if you want/need anything else ITT and I'll do my best to help you out
    Last edited by N4J4R; 10-18-2011 at 04:28 PM.

itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) itsderpxd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ss vs. spbr ?

I havent seen a thread about spbr. was wondering which you would recommend .

how do you calculate the amt of calories you need for the day?

Originally Posted by itsderpxd View Post
    ss vs. spbr ?

I havent seen a thread about spbr. was wondering which you would recommend .

how do you calculate the amt of calories you need for the day?
    I'm not sure what spbr is? What does this acronym stand for? I probably know of the program but I can't work out the acronym at this time lol strong mental blank on my behalf

As far as helping you to calculate your macronutrient and caloric needs, see this link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

NOW HAS A LOG!!!! peanut-butter's Avatar
    peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks N4J4R !

This is because incline press is almost an anterior delt exercise. There is a study to suggest that the clavicle head of the chest is stimulated the same comparing flat to incline bench. Which I agree with in some degree. If you're going to do incline, do it low or it basically turns into a shoulder press.
    "Whoa, peanut-butter does look a lot like Cum." - Alan Aragon

IIFYMM- If it fits Your Macros and Micros.

5k+ Link (Please PM me if I forget)

*Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs

theBuilder94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi all,
    im just wondering if this workout plan is the way to go or not i am seeing reasonable progress.but not being as sore as i would like the next day and i dont get the "pump" as much anymore
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by theBuilder94 View Post
    hi all,
    im just wondering if this workout plan is the way to go or not i am seeing reasonable progress.but not being as sore as i would like the next day and i dont get the "pump" as much anymore
    Looks O.K, but there are a few things I would change and do differently, bro.

Just quickly, this is what I would do:

Day 1: Chest / Arms sets/reps
    CHEST
    Bench Press 3x8-12
    Incline Bench Press OR Decline 2x8-12
    Chest Dips 2x8-12
    Flat Dumbbell Flyes 3x12-15
    ARMS
    Cambered bar curls 3x8-12
    Spider Curls 2x10-12
    Incline Hammer Curls 2x8-12
    Weighted Bench Dips 3x8-12
    Skull Crushers 2x10-12
    Dumbbell Kickbacks 2x8-16

Day 2: Legs
    Squats 3x8
    Hack Squats 2x8-12
    Lunges 2x10-12
    Straight Leg Deadlifts 2x8-10
    Glute Ham Raises 3 sets of as many reps as you can do
    Leg Extensions 2x10-12
    Standing Calf Raises 4x10-12
    Seated Calf Raises 3x8-12

Day 3: Back / Shoulders
    BACK
    Deadlift 3x8
    Wide Grip Pull ups (weighted when you can perform all sets and reps) 3x8-12
    Bent Over Rows 3x8-10
    Seated Rows 2x6-10
    Close Grip Lat Pulldowns 3x10-12

SHOULDERS
    Military Press 3x8-12
    Upright Rows 2x10-12
    Lateral Raises 3x6-12
    Rear Delt Raises 3x10-12
    Barbell Shrugs (In front of body) 2x10-12
    Barbell shrugs (Behind of body) 2x10-12

It is my belief that a workout like this would be both challenging and provide efficient/sufficient exercises in order to hit each muscle group hard. The legs have a day to themselves so you can really hit them hard and heavy. If you're finding it to be too much, then you MAY look at dropping an exercise from legs day like leg extensions, IMO. I would train on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with this set up. Just my 2 cents of the program; each to his own. If anyone would like to add/subtract to what I've put up, please do so.

To answer the second part of your question, feeling sore after training is not essential. DOMS are not an indicator of growth or a good workout. Nor are they really an indicator of a particularly poor workout, either. Most people become somewhat acclimatized (not sure if that's the right word I'm looking for lol) to their training and as a result, get DOMS less frequently from what I've noticed. Btw, those spider curls I've added in will usually give you a nice pump.
    Hope this helps!

theBuilder94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks O.K, but there are a few things I would change and do differently, bro.

Just quickly, this is what I would do:

Day 1: Chest / Arms sets/reps
    CHEST
    Bench Press 3x8-12
    Incline Bench Press OR Decline 2x8-12
    Chest Dips 2x8-12
    Flat Dumbbell Flyes 3x12-15
    ARMS
    Cambered bar curls 3x8-12
    Spider Curls 2x10-12
    Incline Hammer Curls 2x8-12
    Weighted Bench Dips 3x8-12
    Skull Crushers 2x10-12
    Dumbbell Kickbacks 2x8-16

Day 2: Legs
    Squats 3x8
    Hack Squats 2x8-12
    Lunges 2x10-12
    Straight Leg Deadlifts 2x8-10
    Glute Ham Raises 3 sets of as many reps as you can do
    Leg Extensions 2x10-12
    Standing Calf Raises 4x10-12
    Seated Calf Raises 3x8-12

Day 3: Back / Shoulders
    BACK
    Deadlift 3x8
    Wide Grip Pull ups (weighted when you can perform all sets and reps) 3x8-12
    Bent Over Rows 3x8-10
    Seated Rows 2x6-10
    Close Grip Lat Pulldowns 3x10-12

SHOULDERS
    Military Press 3x8-12
    Upright Rows 2x10-12
    Lateral Raises 3x6-12
    Rear Delt Raises 3x10-12
    Barbell Shrugs (In front of body) 2x10-12
    Barbell shrugs (Behind of body) 2x10-12

It is my belief that a workout like this would be both challenging and provide efficient/sufficient exercises in order to hit each muscle group hard. The legs have a day to themselves so you can really hit them hard and heavy. If you're finding it to be too much, then you MAY look at dropping an exercise from legs day like leg extensions, IMO. I would train on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with this set up. Just my 2 cents of the program; each to his own. If anyone would like to add/subtract to what I've put up, please do so.

To answer the second part of your question, feeling sore after training is not essential. DOMS are not an indicator of growth or a good workout. Nor are they really an indicator of a particularly poor workout, either. Most people become somewhat acclimatized (not sure if that's the right word I'm looking for lol) to their training and as a result, get DOMS less frequently from what I've noticed. Btw, those spider curls I've added in will usually give you a nice pump.
    Hope this helps!
    Thanks for your help mate i really appreciate it, i will now try this new program for a couple of weeks and see how i go, thanks man.

waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) waqas11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Rep 500+

Originally Posted by theBuilder94 View Post
    Thanks for your help mate i really appreciate it, i will now try this new program for a couple of weeks and see how i go, thanks man.
    No worries my man As I said, it was just a quick mock up of what I'd suggest so there's no doubt some small areas in the workout that could be somewhat tweaked, I'd imagine. Just a rough idea on my behalf.

Let us know asap if you need anything else by posting back ITT

Happy lifting, mate!
    Last edited by N4J4R; 10-19-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 107 of 269 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 ... LastLast