tyfo2078 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sooo many supplements..... Questions

Ok, so I am THAT new guy. The amateur that is probably going to drive most of you crazy. But I have a stupid question:

I am trying to lose a substantial amount of weight while also building muscle. I see that a lot of supplements aide in both, which is awesome.

I have protein (gold standard whey), creatine, bcaas, pre-work out, and post workout.

So when do I take all of these, and when do I combine them?

Currently I drink protein in the morning by itself along with a smaller breakfast.

I drink protein+creatine before AND after work outs. A half hour to hour before, and then immediately after.

Is that right? How do I incorporate bcaas and pre/post workouts into this rhythm?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your current goal? Seeing your stats, I would assume your primary goal is to lose weight.

Eat in a caloric deficit, exercise, and lose all the weight you desire.

You cannot effectively lose weight and build muscle. Choose one goal and attack it.

SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congratulations on taking the first step .

In order to lose weight, you have to be in a caloric deficit (burning more calories than you consume).

Calories? Macronutrients? WHAT?

Head to the nutrition section and give this a read:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

This well written post will help educate you on the proper means of losing weight.
    No supplement will help you lose weight if you're in a caloric surplus.
    I REPEAT - PLEASE READ THIS IT WILL SAVE YOU VALUABLE TIME DOWN THE LINE

Whey Protein? Great option if you have a hard time hitting your protein macronutrients.

Creatine? It's insanely cheap for the little benefit - why not?

BCAAs? If you consume an adequate amount of protein through whole foods/whey protein - YOU DO NOT NEED BCAAs.

Pre-workout? Great if you need the extra kick in the morning/after-noon to get your session done.

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its going to extremely hard to lose weight and build muscle at the same time. They are two different goals, ones a caloric deficit and the other is a caloric surplus. I would suggest you start here with these links below before you jump into supplements.

TDEE Calculator

Calculating Calories and Macronutrients

Nutrition

Workout Routines
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At your size, I would only worry about losing fat. Your body had to build a decent amount of muscle to carry 300+lbs around, so if you lose the weight wisely, and retain the muscle mass, you should have a decent base to work with.

You only need to take creatine once a day.

I wouldn't use protein powder both preworkout and post workout. I would pick one. Ideally, you'll get a serving of protein about every 4-5 hours.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

powerlifting and stuff Big.Jazayrli's Avatar
    Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honestly I would stick with the label directions on all those products
    Picking things up and putting them down since '09

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, please review some of the posts above.

There is some great information, and it will save you a ton of time in the long run.

You have got to review the nutrition section stickies, and start looking at the amount of calories that you require to help you reach your goals. You will achieve your desired results much faster, guaranteed.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    General health supplements like fish oil & multivitamin will help. Creatine is very cost effective supplement and also protein powder if you have trouble reaching your protein intake for the day
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!

showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) showjo1josh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tyfo2078 View Post
    Ok, so I am THAT new guy. The amateur that is probably going to drive most of you crazy. But I have a stupid question:

I am trying to lose a substantial amount of weight while also building muscle. I see that a lot of supplements aide in both, which is awesome.

I have protein (gold standard whey), creatine, bcaas, pre-work out, and post workout.

Currently I drink protein in the morning by itself along with a smaller breakfast.

I drink protein+creatine before AND after work outs. A half hour to hour before, and then immediately after.

Is that right? How do I incorporate bcaas and pre/post workouts into this rhythm?

Pwo before your workouts and everything else post workout and just take as directed.

B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) B Con has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tyfo2078 View Post

First and foremost refer to all the posts above mine. The most important thing in reaching your goal is going to be your diet and your training program. Get those in place first and you will see your best results. After they are in place, then you can start looking at your supplements.

Since you asked specifically about how to take them... here's how I'd do it.
    -Protein: Take a scoop whenever you need a quick protein fix in your diet. I need to know more about your post workout product before knowing if you should take some protein afterwards or not. But you can really take protein whenever you need it. However, you should aim to get the majority of your protein needs from whole foods first.

-Creatine: Take it daily. Aim for ~5 grams daily. Doesn't matter when just be sure you're taking it daily and be consistent with it. I always take mine pre workout so I always remember to do so. Does your pre or post workout product contain creatine? If so then you may want to reassess how much creatine to get. I always up my water intake with creatine as well.

-BCAAs: Take these intra workout. You can also really use them whenever as well. I sip BCAAs all throughout the day during work. But I also add mine to my gallon of water and just carry it around with me. I do this primarily because it flavors my water and tastes pretty darn good.

Pre workout- Follow the label and take it pre workout.

Post workout- Take it post workout. Follow the label.

Hope this helps.
    Magnum Nutraceuticals BB.com Forum Manager & Lead Sales Representative
    Better Ingredients, Better Results
    www.magnumsupps.com

TEAM BODYBUILDING.COM