hmcarter2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about spray tan

I am going to do my first show on May 28th. It's just a local show and I will be in the bikini division. Liquid Sun Rayz will be doing the spray tanning for the competitors. Now, for my question, do you think getting a Mystic Tan from one of the local tanning salons will be sufficient enough (I already go to the tanning bed several times a week) or should I invest in the $150 tanning package. I don't like the idea of not being able to shower, shave, or wear deodorant. I could do the Mystic Tan a once early in the week, then another one the day before the show and then go to the tanning bed again after I shower and shave before the pre-judging. On the other hand, I am not sure if that will be good enough. What do you think?? Thanks so much for your help!!!

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No. You need to get competition grade color for the stage. Mystic, even several coats, doesn't even begin to compare.

You may not 'like' the idea of not using deodorant, etc, but backstage smells like body odor and protein farts and that's that, lol. It's part of the process.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000) rcswent is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why don't you buy Pro Tan or Jan Tana from BB.com? That'll save you $100 right there
    Coached by one of the best ~ off season and contest prep!http://www.prepbyalex.com

Thanks girls! I went ahead and set up an appointment with the spray tan guy since I have never been good at self applying self tanners and the Mystic tan won't get me dark enough. I am really nervous about this (being it is my first competition and all). Do you have any other tips to offer in regards to competing? I'll take any help I can get!

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're fortunate enough to do a show that offers a tanning service (and LSR is great) it's wise to use it if you can.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask anytime.

Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    If you're fortunate enough to do a show that offers a tanning service (and LSR is great) it's wise to use it if you can.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask anytime.
    Yes, I do have a few specific questions (and thank you sooooo much for EVERYTHING!!!). What do I do between the prejudging and the night show? I live about 30 minutes from the facility so will there be enough time to go home or will I have to stay there? (prejudging starts at 9:30 am and the night show is at 6:30 pm and the bikini division is in the middle). Will the spray tan rub off on my suit for the prejudging show? I don't want that to happen since I'll have to wear it again for the night show or should I purchase another suit. It's relatively inexpensive but I don't want to purchase another one if it's unnecessary. Thanks so much if you can help answer these questions.

Registered User Liquid Sun Rayz's Avatar
    Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    May I ask what show you are doing? We have some very good skin prep information on our website on the "4 competitors" page. Should give you all the info you need to know.Everyone's skin can react differently to any tanning product, so we always access you once we see you, but the majority need two coats back to back and some touch ups in the morning and you are good to go.

Feel free to ask questions!

LSR

Originally Posted by Liquid Sun Rayz View Post
    May I ask what show you are doing? We have some very good skin prep information on our website on the "4 competitors" page. Should give you all the info you need to know.Everyone's skin can react differently to any tanning product, so we always access you once we see you, but the majority need two coats back to back and some touch ups in the morning and you are good to go.

LSR
    I am doing a local show called the Hub City Fitness Quest in Tennessee. I have read the "4 competitors" section and it does mention that the tan will rub off on clothes up to 5 hours after the spray. That made me wonder if it will also rub off on the suit after the touch up the morning of the prejudging. If I get a little on my suit when removing it between the prejudging and the night show, will it rub off easily?? I just don't want any surprises LOL! That is what brought up the "what do I do between shows??" question.

Originally Posted by hmcarter2007 View Post
    Yes, I do have a few specific questions (and thank you sooooo much for EVERYTHING!!!). What do I do between the prejudging and the night show? I live about 30 minutes from the facility so will there be enough time to go home or will I have to stay there? (prejudging starts at 9:30 am and the night show is at 6:30 pm and the bikini division is in the middle). Will the spray tan rub off on my suit for the prejudging show? I don't want that to happen since I'll have to wear it again for the night show or should I purchase another suit. It's relatively inexpensive but I don't want to purchase another one if it's unnecessary. Thanks so much if you can help answer these questions.
    Between pre-j and finals, most competitors grab a bite to eat and take a nap.

I have never gotten any tan on my suit that showed - just some on the inside and it washed out fine. There is absolutely no reason to have 2 suits unless you compete in Bodybuilding, in which case you generally have a plain pre-j suit and an embellished finals suit. Figure, Fitness and Bikini wear the same suit day and night.

IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000) IronMan2010 is just really nice. (+1000)

LSR
    Hey i have a question for ya....My bro has just purchased one bottle of Your tan for a show, how many coats can you get out of a bottle, and what would you say is a good amount of coats?

Thanks
    "Success is a journey, Not a destination"

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift some heavy ass weights!" -
    Ronnie Coleman

"Yeahhhhhh buddy" -
    King Ronnie!

Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Liquid Sun Rayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hmcarter2007 View Post
    I am doing a local show called the Hub City Fitness Quest in Tennessee. I have read the "4 competitors" section and it does mention that the tan will rub off on clothes up to 5 hours after the spray. That made me wonder if it will also rub off on the suit after the touch up the morning of the prejudging. If I get a little on my suit when removing it between the prejudging and the night show, will it rub off easily?? I just don't want any surprises LOL! That is what brought up the "what do I do between shows??" question.
    Very little rub off on suits, and it usually washes out fine. Should be no need for two suits unless you just want to switch it up for the night show. Most do not. Once dry this hardly rubs off.

My Tenn affiliate Trae Kidd will be spraying for that show.... he is excellent!

Originally Posted by IronMan2010 View Post
    Hey i have a question for ya....My bro has just purchased one bottle of Your tan for a show, how many coats can you get out of a bottle, and what would you say is a good amount of coats?

Thanks
    depending on starting skin tone...usually 2-3 coats is good. You should be able to get 2-3 coat from an 8oz bottle.

I have never gotten any tan on my suit that showed - just some on the inside and it washed out fine. There is absolutely no reason to have 2 suits unless you compete in Bodybuilding, in which case you generally have a plain pre-j suit and an embellished finals suit. Figure, Fitness and Bikini wear the same suit day and night.
    Once again, thanks for the help!!! I'm getting really excited yet nervous as the day gets closer!!!

Very little rub off on suits, and it usually washes out fine. Should be no need for two suits unless you just want to switch it up for the night show. Most do not. Once dry this hardly rubs off.

My Tenn affiliate Trae Kidd will be spraying for that show.... he is excellent!
    Thanks for the help! Yes, I booked my appointment with Trae. I'm glad he's good because I'll need all the help I can get in the tanning area lol!