HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question I apologize - Look at my diet?

I've read the stickies, and yes - I'll still be brave enough to post a "critique my diet" thread. I do apologize though if I don't seem educated enough, and any and all input would be wonderful.
    I've lost 125lbs about a year ago, and gained a few pounds back (about 20-25) which was not horrible because I really was too thin at that point. I've been struggling with food since then, and it's hard to deal with. Food scares the hell out of me.
    I recently started hitting the gym again hard, but this time it was to help my overall bodyfat composition. I have been lifting hard about 3 months now. I want to start a cutting/bulking plan soon, and have decided to try and get down to about 10-11% bodyfat before I start my first true bulking session.
    This was the second week "cutting" and I noticed a big decrease in strength. Upon further inspection of my diet I realized I was eating about 1,000 calories a day or less. (goes back to my fear of food I guess) I've decided to up my calories but I don't know a good range to stay at in order to loose fat and maintain strength.

Weight: 190lbs
    Guessed BFP: 20%
    Goal: Lose considerable fat while AT LEAST maintaining muscle if not gaining some.

Workout: I do about 30 minutes of moderate cardio every morning before breakfast, and 5 days a week I'm doing another 10 minute cardio warm up followed by heavy lifting for about 45 minutes to an hour. On days I don't lift I do another cardio session.

I figured my strength loss was due to my overwhelmingly under proportioned caloric intake. Here is my first meal plan I hope will fix it:

Breakfast: 1 scoop protein, 1 egg and a quarter cup oatmeal.
    Lunch: Spinach and broccoli salad, half cup of chicken or lean beef.
    Preworkout: 1/2 scoop protein powder.
    Postworkout: 2 scoops protein powder.
    Dinner: Spinach and broccoli salad, cup of chicken or lean beef.
    Before bed: 1/2 scoop protein powder.

My estimation is that this is about 1,600-1,800 calories a day (based on the chicken vs. beef).
    My guess is 60% protein, 15% carbs, and 25% fat.

Any suggestions would be great, thank you so much.

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Should I suppose everything looks in order then? I can supply any information that I might have left out.

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    calories are too low, protein is too high. Read this too fix your diet. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YeomenKek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sweet dear baby Jesus why are you drinking so much protein powder?

You need to post;

-Weight
    -Goal
    -Maintenance calories
    -Calories you're eating
    -Breakdown of macronutrients (In grams, not percentages as they are IRRELEVANT)

Now for copy-paste;

Read:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129523333
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

-Calculate maintenance calories
    -Reduce or add calories to this number depending on your goal (lose fat, gain muscle)
    -For losing fat, I'd suggest a moderate calorie reduction of 20-25%. For gaining muscle, I'd suggest an increase of 20%
    -Make sure you get 1-1.5g protein per lb/LBM (lean body mass) and 0.45g fat per lb/BW (body weight) minimum
    -After these minimums are reached, you're free to fill whatever remaining calories you have with whatever foods you desire

Example;
    200lb man at 20% body fat wants to lose weight
    Maintenance calories: 3000
    Calories to cut: 2400
    1.5g protein per lb/LBM: (1.5 * 160) 240g
    0.45g fat per lb/BW: (200 * 0.45) 90g
    Calories from fats + protein minimums: (240 * 4) + (90 * 9) = 1770
    Calories from reaching minimums taken from calories to cut: (2400 - 1770) 630
    He has 630 kcal left to fill with whatever foods he chooses and still lose weight as a result of remaining in a calorie deficit.

Enjoy dieting and keeping a healthy relationship with food.
    fluglotse

feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500)
    You don't need to bulk/cut at this stage of weight lifting. If your at 12% to 15% body fat then just eat at maintenance and lift intensely and regularly.

40 protein / 40 carbs / 20 fats is a general rule most people go with.

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by feinburgrl View Post
    You don't need to bulk/cut at this stage of weight lifting. If your at 12% to 15% body fat then just eat at maintenance and lift intensely and regularly.

Do not listen to this dumbass thats why he is red.

feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by mannydawg View Post
    Do not listen to this dumbass thats why he is red.
    You jackass, the guy just start to lift weights. He does not need to do a bulk/cut dieting. Only advance bbers that has been lifting for more than 5 years or people with under 10% body fat.

The reason for the hefty amount of protein was - one scoop after cardio in the morning to hopefully limit muscle loss, 2.5 scoops around my weight lifting to hopefully make a few gains, and one at night.. well.. basically because I've heard other people that do it. :P

Like I've said I'm pretty new to all this, but I really appreciate the comments and links. I'll be sure to read them over and increase my knowledge on the subject.
    I just hate thinking I need to eat more.. but I know I should.

Originally Posted by HunterCML View Post
    The reason for the hefty amount of protein was - one scoop after cardio in the morning to hopefully limit muscle loss, 2.5 scoops around my weight lifting to hopefully make a few gains, and one at night.. well.. basically because I've heard other people that do it. :P

Like I've said I'm pretty new to all this, but I really appreciate the comments and links. I'll be sure to read them over and increase my knowledge on the subject.
    I just hate thinking I need to eat more.. but I know I should.
    You do not have to worry eating around your workout because you won't lose any muscle as long as by the end of the day you eat your alloted calories. Also protein powder is not needed at all I rather eat whole food than drink my calories. Don't do what others do thinking its right always do research and make sure something is backed up by real scientific studies before believing it. Reals studies that are posted in a scientific journal not bull**** lab tests that many supplements claim to have been tested at but yet fail to provide a source.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...utrient+timing

Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Joseph1990 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

You jackass, the guy just start to lift weights. He does not need to do a bulk/cut dieting. Only advance bbers that has been lifting for more than 5 years or people with under 10% body fat.
    Last edited by Joseph1990; 03-29-2011 at 07:41 PM.
    Control group crew membership revoked 7/5/2022 1:50pm PST not proud.

Inb4 honorable FDA/CDC/NIH/WHO representatives

J.L.C,
    NextPound,
    mgftp,
    SillieBazzillie.

lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you sure like protein powder huh bro

Originally Posted by lostkingz View Post
    you sure like protein powder huh bro
    lol yesssssss!

I was waiting for this day. (srs) I'm happy my neg made you this upset.

u mad I've learned more in 9 months than you ever will?
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lostkingz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol yesssssss!

i know everything too. and actually look i lift
    u mad

u mad
    Strong avi to claim ratio.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MakeABanana has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    u mad

Mirin jobra
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Originally Posted by MakeABanana View Post

Mirin jobra
    bro look at my jawline in that photo im obviously 6% body fat
    u mirin

bro look at my jawline in that photo im obviously 6% body fat
    u mirin
    You're one of the top 5 visitors to my bodyspace.. you're a certified *******.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

You're one of the top 5 visitors to my bodyspace.. you're a certified *******.
    i only went there twice, so forever alone

Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000) Ion26 is just really nice. (+1000)

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol yesssssss!

How funny. I negged the troll too and he bumped a thread from 2009 of mine, oh he mad.