Thread: Shoulder injury

ginamnutini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Shoulder injury

Due to unknowingly doing an exercise incorrectly, I am now suffering a grinding shoulder that is very painful when doing for example, push ups, shoulder flys etc. Has anyone had a similar experience, if so, how did you deal with it? I'm wondering if I can do stretches or do something to strengthen my shoulder again?
    In the end I know I will have go to a Doctor to have it examined, just wanted to get some feedback or advice

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ginamnutini View Post
    Due to unknowingly doing an exercise incorrectly, I am now suffering a grinding shoulder that is very painful when doing for example, push ups, shoulder flys etc. Has anyone had a similar experience, if so, how did you deal with it? I'm wondering if I can do stretches or do something to strengthen my shoulder again?
    In the end I know I will have go to a Doctor to have it examined, just wanted to get some feedback or advice
    Is it an impingement or an AC-joint thing?

I'd at least back off anything that directly loads the shoulder until the pain goes away, and immediately consult a physician, not in the end.
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

ginamnutini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Euqinom View Post
    Is it an impingement or an AC-joint thing?
    I believe its in the joint, not an impingement? It only causes pain in very specific movements. Not really sure how to describe it? I can definitely feel it grinding when I move my shoulder. Whatever I originally did to it, it has progressively gotten worse.
    Wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing? I'm going to be bummed if its a serious situation where would prevent me from doing my workouts. >
    Thx for the response.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ginamnutini View Post
    I believe its in the joint, not an impingement? It only causes pain in very specific movements. Not really sure how to describe it? I can definitely feel it grinding when I move my shoulder. Whatever I originally did to it, it has progressively gotten worse.
    Wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing? I'm going to be bummed if its a serious situation where would prevent me from doing my workouts. >
    Thx for the response.
    Yep, member of the jacked up shoulder crew checkin in. I tore 2 parts of my RC (one partial, one complete). You just need to get it checked out asap so you know exactly what's wrong, don't keep working out on it, you will only make it worse. You still have full ROM but certain things hurt? That should be no problem to simply strengthen and rehab it if you do something about it now. Don't try and look up exercises on your own, ask a doc which ones you need to do for it (probably after plenty of rest and maybe meds), and either do PT or do the exercises they tell you at home on your own. Even if something is torn you can strengthen everything around it to the point where it shouldn't bother you anymore.

What exercise origionally hurt it? If you never took time off and it got worse and worse you're probably getting everything inflamed in there again every time you work out. The grinding could be a tendon not fitting back in place due to inflamation (biceps tendon maybe), I know if you have clicking that's usually an AC joint issue. But hey, I'm no doctor, I just like to lift, go seek out some professional medical advice!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000)
    My recommendation, go to a sports medicine doctor. I messed with my shoulder and blew it off until I couldn't even lift my arm to do jumping jacks. I had no idea what I had done to it until I went to my Sports doc and they found out I had a rotator injury, a torn labrum and arthritis in the joint. Luckily I was able to avoid surgery through physical therapy 2x a week for a few months. When it comes to injuries, don't mess around with it.
    Jenni "The Wolverine" Whip- "I WILL make it happen!"

Need a change in your routine? Ask me how I can help you get results using a program that you can do at home or in the gym that won't cost a lot but have proven results! Nutrition, exercise program, success Coach..you can reach your fitness and weight loss goals and I can help you get there!
    www.********,com.jenniwhipple
    Twitter @jennicoolwhip
    IG/jenniwhip

jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Workin_on_it View Post
    My recommendation, go to a sports medicine doctor. I messed with my shoulder and blew it off until I couldn't even lift my arm to do jumping jacks. I had no idea what I had done to it until I went to my Sports doc and they found out I had a rotator injury, a torn labrum and arthritis in the joint. Luckily I was able to avoid surgery through physical therapy 2x a week for a few months. When it comes to injuries, don't mess around with it.
    ^^^^^^ THIS!!!
    i'm currently self-paying for PT for a RC tear. bad news, but worth it, and worth it before you make it worse!