Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trainedge will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How to make it big as a personal trainer?

So getting started as a PT is fairly straightforward but how do you make it really big and earn $$$ like the guys who train Taylor Lautner and Bra Pitt etc. Is it just pure luck and having the right contacts or do you just have to be very good at it and take the right steps?
    Disregard everything, acquire freedom.

jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Trainedge View Post
    So getting started as a PT is fairly straightforward but how do you make it really big and earn $$$ like the guys who train Taylor Lautner and Bra Pitt etc. Is it just pure luck and having the right contacts or do you just have to be very good at it and take the right steps?
    This question is stupid and I was going to ridicule for it but you I'll be nice. It's a combination of all three so you answered your own question.

It goes like this:

Being good at what you do and taking the right steps 70%
    Having the right contacts 20%
    Luck 10%

darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jphalflion View Post
    This question is stupid and I was going to ridicule for it but you I'll be nice. It's a combination of all three so you answered your own question.

It goes like this:

Luck 10%
    don't forget already looking the part is like 99% of the job.

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by darudende View Post
    um...no

BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have NEVER ever seen a celebrity trainer that had an "average" looking or chubby body.....But I've seen a couple @ Ballys, La Fitness etc..

liampnaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The key to succes is loving what you are doing and showing that as outwardly as possible. If you see a trainer that does not take care of themself, then how will someone believe that they will be taken care of. Another way any trainer can succeed is to gain as much specific training knowledge as possible. Knowledge will help you achieve goals and goals are what training is all about. If clients don't get results then they will go somewhere else. Celebrity trainers get results and are not afraid to improvise to get anything the celebrity wants or the studio wants for them. Right place, right time has alot to do with it to! Celebrities share trainers. Get you name in the industry and you are in. Thats how Hugh Jackmen picked up his Aussie trainer when working on Wolverine.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jphalflion View Post

It goes like this:

Luck 10%
    I'd increase the luck to 20% and contacts to 30% but otherwise bingo. It also depends on the city of course - you're not going to meet any celebs or pro athletes to train working in a small gym in nowhere.

Having a good reputation as a guy who gets results at a high end studio in a major market = profit.

Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Boom782 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    I'd increase the luck to 20% and contacts to 30% but otherwise bingo. It also depends on the city of course - you're not going to meet any celebs or pro athletes to train working in a small gym in nowhere.

Having a good reputation as a guy who gets results at a high end studio in a major market = profit.
    I would honestly say it is more like 40-50% contacts. In our world the saying 'It's not what you know but who you know' is SO true.

kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100) kayala is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Trainedge View Post
    Your entire career as a personal trainer is defined by your reputation. What your clients say about you, to whom, and how often is going to decide whether your career starts and ends in a local gym or you open your own studio and start training celebrities.

For this reason I'd say it's close to 100% contacts (indirect ones, from your clients to other people, mostly), but you can't build up a talkative and happy client base without a strong personality, creativity and expertise. The best advertising you could ever have is a satisfied client.

Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nate R. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BodyQuest1 View Post
    I have NEVER ever seen a celebrity trainer that had an "average" looking or chubby body.....But I've seen a couple @ Ballys, La Fitness etc..
    have you ever seen the show the biggest loser? That guy (bob harper) has an average looking body haha the woman trainer on the show jillian michaels is like more jacked than him

Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Nate R. View Post
    have you ever seen the show the biggest loser? That guy (bob harper) has an average looking body haha the woman trainer on the show jillian michaels is like more jacked than him
    He's not muscular at all, but he's not average looking either. He looks quite fit. That's the goal for a lot of those people trying to lose weight.

BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mythic Beast View Post
    He's not muscular at all, but he's not average looking either. He looks quite fit. That's the goal for a lot of those people trying to lose weight.

EXACTLY!!! Especially considering his age... is that a 6 pack I see? I was going to put up that pic..heheh..

Only slightly chubby trainer I ever saw on tv was Richard Simmons...but he's on a whole different level lol

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOL ignorance is bliss

Looking the part is important though... I remember seeing Ozzy Ozbourne's trainer on hsi reality show.... tatted up guy who I swear was baked....
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

tjt011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think also these days there are many opportunities to be out there and know the right people way easier than it ever was before.

Tools like Twitter and ******** allow you to connect to people you normally would never connect with.

On twitter I can tell Chuck Liddell "Nice Fight" or reach out to the heads of my favorite charity and sometimes I get a response.

Read the book "Crush It" by Gary Vaynerchuck, its an awesome detailed journey of how this guy used social media to become a celebrity in his niche and how almost anyone else can too.

The bottom line is, no matter where you were born or how much money you started off with, you can always go anywhere you want to go if you work hard enough and use the right tools to get there. Work smarter not harder, know what I mean?