Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Give me a break pal, with your bleeding heart rant.
    I don't think a bleeding heart has anything to do with my take on things. Tolerance for those not like me. Patience with those not like me. I have lots of space for this kind of crap. I don't sweat the small stuff. Especially online where anyone can be anything. You could drive yourself nuts trying to correct, critique, get angry with all the personalities here. I come on, I check out the OP's query, I offer advice or links to advice...or not. I don't waste precious time looking for posters faults.

I don't know what you're like in your real life, but your online persona is quick to get bothered and acerbic. You lash out.
    Last edited by tonester; 11-14-2010 at 05:53 AM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    I don't think a bleeding heart has anything to do with my take on things. Tolerance for those not like me. Patience with those not like me. I have lots of space for this kind of crap. I don't sweat the small stuff. Especially online where anyone can be anything. You could drive yourself nuts trying to correct, critique, get angry with all the personalities here. I come on, I check out the OP's query, I offer advice or links to advice...or not. I don't waste precious time looking for posters faults.

I don't know what you're like in your real life, but your online persona is quick to get bothered and acerbic. You lash out.
    TONESTER: PLEASE! stop right here! before you embarrass yourself!

after reading the PM from this kid that OUT OF STEP posted a little while ago:

"ya? number one mother ****er i live in jersey number 2 gimme your address ill come to your house tie up you and your family make you watch me rape your wife kill your kids than chop you up into little pieces little by little and watch you suffer than cut off your head and spit down your throat, u think im kidding? gimme ur address and see how much im kidding mother ****er"

there should be NOTHING more to be said on this topic....STEP'S feelings here have been verified in print.

Anyone that would write something like that does not belong here, no matter WHAT his age....

I am going to write to the MODS about that PM....this person should not only be banned but reported to authorities...

that is NOT something you kid around about, at all...scary...sorry......

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post

there should be NOTHING more to be said on this topic....STEP'S feelings here have been verified in print.

Anyone that would write something like that does not belong here, no matter WHAT his age....

I am going to write to the MODS about that PM....this person should not only be banned but reported to authorities...

that is NOT something you kid around about, at all...scary...sorry......

Wow. THAT is some serious stuff there. But, that IS what 18 year olds do, right. Threaten to kill and rape.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BRACK: in light of todays shootings at High Schools and colleges, and also, in light of a recent trial in Connecticutt where someone just received the death penalty for the doing the very same things described in that PM, I don't feel it is something to just pass off as " boys will be boys" or something to that effect.

many a times, writing out things to that effect mirror inner feelings that a person might actually have, and not just a scare tactic......

it is bizarre in my opinion....

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BRACK: in light of todays shootings at High Schools and colleges, and also, in light of a recent trial in Connecticutt where someone just received the death penalty for the doing the very same things described in that PM, I don't feel it is something to just pass off as " boys will be boys" or something to that effect.

many a times, writing out things to that effect mirror inner feelings that a person might actually have, and not just a scare tactic......

it is bizarre in my opinion....

I should have added a smiley (not sure how to add the sarcastic one) to my post, because I totally agree with you 100%. But, too many times (in this, and in other threads too), these "kids" are excused from their behavior because they are kids.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I never get messages like that from anyone. Do you? I don't knock or tear people down on these boards because of their grammar, opinions or because they don't agree with me.

Have you gone back to see who threw the first swing on this. OutofSteps tone may not have been as "slasher" as the kids, but he did instigate the ruckus. It occurred at post #13.

Mr. Gargani, if someone said something like that to MY face, they would surely lose teeth over it. (good for your line of work)

You are right that the kids responses via PM are uncalled for, and I'm dissapointed that he chose that route rather than just giving back as good as he got. And, yes, he should be censured for it.

I've received a number of reps in defence of picking out the first swing on this. But embarass myself? Uh.uh
    Last edited by tonester; 11-15-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Did you see anything in this thread that rose to the level of threatening rape and murder.
    Absolutely not. I've already stated that the kid should be censured in whatever manner the management deems necessary.

My point is that people feel comfortable as long as they get away with treating people badly, almost like sport. It's not until some crazy forces you to face consequences. Then it's about the insane consequence and no longer about why it came on in the first place. It's a good thing this is online.

I see this crap happen all the time. It's about as ugly as it comes.

Anyways, I've spent too much energy on this. Next time I come across this type of "online pretend persona" sh*t I think I'll give it a pass. Time to get back to helping us older athletes with conditioning advice, shoulder injury prevention advice and recovery techniques. My favourite subjects.
    Last edited by tonester; 11-15-2010 at 05:27 PM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tonester View Post
    Have you gone back to see who threw the first swing on this. OutofSteps tone may not have been as "slasher" as the kids, but he did instigate the ruckus. It occurred at post #13.

Mr. Gargani, if someone said something like that to MY face, they would surely lose teeth over it. (good for your line of work)
    So you'd knock someones teeth out for breaking your balls about your writing, yet you say I'm "quick to get bothered and acerbic. You lash out." Pot, meet kettle.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

You don't show any signs of violence that I can see.

That's because in the real world consequence keeps you from stepping over the line. I doubt that you would push that. There is something comforting about being "whoever" online without consequence.

I have had my share of unfortunate encounters (very long time ago) but it was never because of trivial matters like writing. I embellished a bit there. This online persona sh*t is contagious and a bit of a trap it seems.

Oh, and while your here, the sh*t that the kid came up with is completely unreal. Raving lunacy. And as I mentioned somewhere, it's a good thing it's online.
    Last edited by tonester; 11-15-2010 at 06:00 PM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

elsielefe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Are you saying that a clean diet will not make me taller?"

I think so, because i think being tall is hereditary.