mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000)

for you trainers that make your own equipment......

heres some things that i put together recently that i carry around in my car....

homemade Parallettes

homemade medicine ball. weights 25lbs

homemade grip strength

homemade hurdles 12" and 26"

handles i made for me homemade trx

huskey hangers i use for foot straps

new handles i made after i broke the other ones today. lol

more pics to come when i finish everything else.

got a power wheel and a harness i'm looking into making...
    ▪█───────█▪
    eat sleep lift repeat

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dude, these are awesome. What's the price savings on those hurdles? I'd imagine each one costs less than a dollar to make?

mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000) mammothreis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tovlakas View Post
    Dude, these are awesome. What's the price savings on those hurdles? I'd imagine each one costs less than a dollar to make?
    PCV was free. got it off my buddy who does demolition and all the end caps and corners averaged out to less than a dollar each. so i probably spent about a 2 dollars each hurdle. pretty sure end caps are 33 cents a piece and the corners were about a dollar. the duct tape was from dollarama
    ▪█───────█▪
    eat sleep lift repeat

MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) MisterBrian06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very cool, man. How'd you make the basketball into a 25lb medicine ball though? injected some kind of liquid inside?
    -King Six-

popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like cool stuff for your own garage gym, but whats the deal with training clients using it in regards to insurance?

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good stuff man, what do you use the paralettes for?

but yeah, looks like you do lots of functional training, I like the grip stuff.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DamNative has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    awesome bro, it's amazing how much you can save by using a little initiative.

If you haven't already see this link, and for other people who are interested in making their own equipment, this link is priceless.

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157
    Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.

*WetBreasts is gonna make it crew*

Reps on sight:

RetroTiger
    KyleAaron

Originally Posted by MisterBrian06 View Post
    Very cool, man. How'd you make the basketball into a 25lb medicine ball though? injected some kind of liquid inside?
    filled it with sand. if you google homemade medicine ball you'll find a variety of ways of doing it.

Originally Posted by popupwindow View Post
    Looks like cool stuff for your own garage gym, but whats the deal with training clients using it in regards to insurance?
    well i don't use it for clients out of the gym, only clients that i train out of there house or mine. and thats all under the table...so insurance isn't really in issue.

Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Good stuff man, what do you use the paralettes for?

but yeah, looks like you do lots of functional training, I like the grip stuff.
    http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf...arallettes.pdf thats the link on how to make them and theres a ton of exercises at the end. I use them for many things dips, push-ups, l-sits, planches, handstand pushups, pike presses and broomstick presses. the list is endless
    ▪█───────█▪
    eat sleep lift repeat

Originally Posted by DamNative View Post
    awesome bro, it's amazing how much you can save by using a little initiative.

If you haven't already see this link, and for other people who are interested in making their own equipment, this link is priceless.

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157
    yeah i used that link for the farmers walk, yoke and atlas stones we made at work. I'm trying to find someone to fabricate collars to fit my tires because i wanna make some cheap bumper plates.
    ▪█───────█▪
    eat sleep lift repeat

Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lasharm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mammothreis View Post
    ... only clients that i train out of there house or mine. and thats all under the table...so insurance isn't really in issue.
    Wrong... If they get hurt using your stuff--especially under the table--insurance companies won't help you and you will get screwed when they sue you in civil court. Your equipment, your responsibility...

Just giving you the facts.

Cool stuff though.
    ~Coach Rick Sterling Tarleton
    USA Weightlifting, USA Track&Field
    CrossFit L-1, ISSA CFT, Pilates
    www.CoachRickSterling.com

Originally Posted by Lasharm View Post
    Wrong... If they get hurt using your stuff--especially under the table--insurance companies won't help you and you will get screwed when they sue you in civil court. Your equipment, your responsibility...

Just giving you the facts.

Cool stuff though.
    yeah man i understand the risk but my clients aren't that type. most of them i've known for many years and i make sure that all my equipment is in good working order. These things are all temporary until i can actually afford to buy good equipment. i understand where you're coming from.
    ▪█───────█▪
    eat sleep lift repeat

popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000) popupwindow is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah man i understand the risk but my clients aren't that type. most of them i've known for many years and i make sure that all my equipment is in good working order. These things are all temporary until i can actually afford to buy good equipment. i understand where you're coming from.
    Clients aren't that type until they're doing TRX pushups hanging from a doorframe where the handle tears and they fall face first onto the ground, breaking their nose and jaw. Then they'll quickly become the type that sues. I don't think a best friend would shake that off and say 'no worries mate,' when you're using home-made equipment. I'd do bodyweight exercise or buy some legit equipment (resistance bands, trx, med balls etc) with your in home clients until you can afford buying more equipment, I would strongly advise against using homemade equipment with them. Not try to scare you, and props for the effort and creativity, but just trying to make you aware of the situation.

Luffers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those parellettes are strong enough to do dips on?

They look like they would just bend and break?

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Luffers View Post

actually, I' do handstand pushups w/my body completely vertical and up against a wall with ones that are built exactly the same.. they are strong.

ducks4ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know what you mean. You would only think to use your own designs on certain people. The old lady, that you sold while waiting in line at the grocery store, would be a bad choice, but your buddies and people you knew before you trained them should be no problem.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The Basketball one is good, but a basketball doesn't weigh 25 pounds, just because it holds 10 PSI's. It actually only weighs a couple of pounds.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just make some sacrifice and buy some equipment, you can't be that broke if you have some clients. Except for the hurdles, these look like accidents waiting to happen and insurance wouldn't cover your ass because you're using your own home made equipment which aren't scientifically tested. Where the clients would sue the manufacturer, they will sue you because you are the manufacturer.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    The Basketball one is good, but a basketball doesn't weigh 25 pounds, just because it holds 10 PSI's. It actually only weighs a couple of pounds.
    he's apparently put some kind of matter inside of it.

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice one.

Might look into making my own PVC hurdles and medballs.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    srs? the basketball is full of sand bro.....
    Clients aren't that type until they're doing TRX pushups hanging from a doorframe where the handle tears and they fall face first onto the ground, breaking their nose and jaw. Then they'll quickly become the type that sues. I don't think a best friend would shake that off and say 'no worries mate,' when you're using home-made equipment. I'd do bodyweight exercise or buy some legit equipment (resistance bands, trx, med balls etc) with your in home clients until you can afford buying more equipment, I would strongly advise against using homemade equipment with them. Not try to scare you, and props for the effort and creativity, but just trying to make you aware of the situation.
    I should of made clear that i don't bring my trx with me. i only use the medecine ball, hurdles and parallettes. I also have a large quantity of reistance bands, powerbands, sledge hammers and kettlebells as well. The type of training I do is pretty hardcore so my clients understand the dangers of what we do as well. I understand that i put myself in a risky position.

Originally Posted by Luffers View Post

these are only 1" and they hold well. my 2" are solid.

actually, I' do handstand pushups w/my body completely vertical and up against a wall with ones that are built exactly the same.. they are strong.
    HANDSTAND PUSHUPS!!! FTW!!
    ▪█───────█▪
    eat sleep lift repeat

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would never get on those PVC pipes
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Lasharm View Post
    Even when you're using official equipment, it's still your responsibility, eg if the swiss ball bursts and the guy falls and breaks his ribs.

It's not the tool, it's the tool using the tool.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Even when you're using official equipment, it's still your responsibility, eg if the swiss ball bursts and the guy falls and breaks his ribs.

It's not the tool, it's the tool using the tool.
    so in other words, there can only be one tool. LOL..

so in other words, there can only be one tool. LOL..
    there can only be one.....lol
    ▪█───────█▪
    eat sleep lift repeat

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    one tool to rule them all?

one tool to find them?
    ▪█───────█▪
    eat sleep lift repeat

I'd suggest doing handstand pushups on paralettes to be on a similar tool level to DB benching 80kgs on a swiss ball when you weigh 275lbs.

I'd suggest doing handstand pushups on paralettes to be on a similar tool level to DB benching 80kgs on a swiss ball when you weigh 275lbs.
    says the man with no face, no stats, just a screen name and his age.. hell, no gender so I'm not sure if it's male or female... even the screen name itself looks very generic, unimaginative and void of any kind of personalization. I'm always wary of people on the net who take anonymity to such levels. What are they trying to hide?

says the man with no face, no stats, just a screen name and his age.. hell, no gender so I'm not sure if it's male or female... even the screen name itself looks very generic, unimaginative and void of any kind of personalization. I'm always wary of people on the net who take anonymity to such levels. What are they trying to hide?
    Wow, nice job on completely ignoring my point. I could put up a name and a picture, what would that prove? I could make up any name and get a picture off google images, there's no way you can ever know for sure that anyone is who they say they are. If it makes you feel better, call me brad, and google image search 'brad' and pick any of the people that come up, and imagine you're talking to that guy when you talk to me if that helps you.

It's a basic cost/benefit analysis that you do in your head before doing something, especially with exercise, or you could ask 'What are my goals, and is this exercise/program/equipment etc the best way to achieve it?' Putting a 275lb person on a swiss ball in silly because without knowing the load limit of the ball, I doubt it's very high. Getting someone to do heavy DB bench on a swiss ball is also silly, because it's doesn't achieve anything you can't do in safer ways. Now, onto handstands. Handstands are a good way to build proprioception, develop spatial awareness and learn cool skills like walking on your hands. (Real, freestanding) Handstand pushups are badass, however, if you do them against a wall you take away all the proprioceptive elements and you might as well just do shoulder presses. If your sport (gymnastics) requires handstands and handstand pushups on rings/p-bars, then you'll need to practice them on rings/p-bars, however, paralettes are small, weak and unstable, doing HSPU on them, with a slight wobble, slip or hand cramp will make you come crashing down and hurt yourself. So, you need to wonder what you're trying to achieve, and ask yourself if you wouldn't be better off just practicing handstand holds and walks (with no use of a wall), and doing heavy shoulder presses and bench presses to develop OH strength.

Wow, nice job on completely ignoring my point. I could put up a name and a picture, what would that prove? I could make up any name and get a picture off google images, there's no way you can ever know for sure that anyone is who they say they are. If it makes you feel better, call me brad, and google image search 'brad' and pick any of the people that come up, and imagine you're talking to that guy when you talk to me if that helps you.

It's a basic cost/benefit analysis that you do in your head before doing something, especially with exercise, or you could ask 'What are my goals, and is this exercise/program/equipment etc the best way to achieve it?' Putting a 275lb person on a swiss ball in silly because without knowing the load limit of the ball, I doubt it's very high. Getting someone to do heavy DB bench on a swiss ball is also silly, because it's doesn't achieve anything you can't do in safer ways. Now, onto handstands. Handstands are a good way to build proprioception, develop spatial awareness and learn cool skills like walking on your hands. (Real, freestanding) Handstand pushups are badass, however, if you do them against a wall you take away all the proprioceptive elements and you might as well just do shoulder presses. If your sport (gymnastics) requires handstands and handstand pushups on rings/p-bars, then you'll need to practice them on rings/p-bars, however, paralettes are small, weak and unstable, doing HSPU on them, with a slight wobble, slip or hand cramp will make you come crashing down and hurt yourself. So, you need to wonder what you're trying to achieve, and ask yourself if you wouldn't be better off just practicing handstand holds and walks (with no use of a wall), and doing heavy shoulder presses and bench presses to develop OH strength.
    I'm Batman
    ▪█───────█▪
    eat sleep lift repeat