i reek of protein farts antonioNHB's Avatar
    antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

UPDATE: How I got through my Keto plateau

I'm referencing my post from 9-28...I actually winded up gaining 6lbs during my plateau
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127895203

So...IF you are experiencing a plateau on Keto, this might be helpful for you as it was for me...super simple. I considered taking drastic measures and doing PSMF, glad I didn't go that route again.

I'm already eating 500 calories under maintenance while on diet, my macros are pretty close to being spot on. I've been on Keto now for around 12 weeks. I've lost a total of 41lbs now (around 13lbs of muscle because of early on mistakes)

Here's what I did:

- 3 days at a 750 caloric deficit daily (1500 calories roughly)
    - lowered my fat intake slightly to reflect the decrease in calories, kept protein intake the same (1g per lb of lean body mass)
    - increased cardio to 1 hr at heart rate of 70% on the recumbent bike
    - incorporated the ECY (ephedra, caffeine, and yohimbine hci (not yohimbe bark extract, there IS a difference)
    - i wrapped my torso with saran wrap (just in case the plateau was causing me to hold any excess water) during my workout and cardio

BAM...got through the plateau and I am back to doing the same thing as before. 500 calories below maintenance and same fat intake as before, cardio at 60% MHR (LISS), kept the ECY at 2x per day

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions OR if this happens to help you break through your halt in the diet.

Thank you guys!
    Detailed fat loss journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=523448983&posted=1#post523448983

Height: 5'10" (ish)

Weight 6/30: 200
    Weight 7/22: 181
    Weight 8/06: 174
    Weight 8/28: 166
    Weight 9/19: 161

Bodyfat 7/03: 18%
    Bodyfat 7/22: 15%
    Bodyfat 8/06: 13%
    Bodyfat 8/28: 12%
    Bodyfat 9/19: 11%

jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jthornez28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting, I'll have to keep this in mind should I plateau in the future which I'm sure I will.

I've been wanting to incorporate an ephedra stack into my routine. Right now I've been taking hydroxycut and it's had it's benefits but I kind of want something more. Isn't the Ephedra stack still illegal in the US?

antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) antonioNHB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jthornez28 View Post
    Interesting, I'll have to keep this in mind should I plateau in the future which I'm sure I will.

I've been wanting to incorporate an ephedra stack into my routine. Right now I've been taking hydroxycut and it's had it's benefits but I kind of want something more. Isn't the Ephedra stack still illegal in the US?
    it is available at Walgreens in the form of Bronkaid. you have to get it from the pharmacist and have your ID on hand

devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by antonioNHB View Post
    I'm referencing my post from 9-28...I actually winded up gaining 6lbs during my plateau
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127895203

So...IF you are experiencing a plateau on Keto, this might be helpful for you as it was for me...super simple. I considered taking drastic measures and doing PSMF, glad I didn't go that route again.

I'm already eating 500 calories under maintenance while on diet, my macros are pretty close to being spot on. I've been on Keto now for around 12 weeks. I've lost a total of 41lbs now (around 13lbs of muscle because of early on mistakes)

Here's what I did:

- 3 days at a 750 caloric deficit daily (1500 calories roughly)
    - lowered my fat intake slightly to reflect the decrease in calories, kept protein intake the same (1g per lb of lean body mass)
    - increased cardio to 1 hr at heart rate of 70% on the recumbent bike
    - incorporated the ECY (ephedra, caffeine, and yohimbine hci (not yohimbe bark extract, there IS a difference)
    - i wrapped my torso with saran wrap (just in case the plateau was causing me to hold any excess water) during my workout and cardio

BAM...got through the plateau and I am back to doing the same thing as before. 500 calories below maintenance and same fat intake as before, cardio at 60% MHR (LISS), kept the ECY at 2x per day

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions OR if this happens to help you break through your halt in the diet.

Thank you guys!
    HOLY SHIIT!! LOL!! Thats one way of doing it! Add the ECY stack to that im suprised your alive to write about it! But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do right? How much weight did you lose doing this?
    USMC 04-08
    Native Texan

Texas Longhorns-Texas Rangers-Dallas Cowboys-San Antonio Spurs-Alexis Texas

Originally Posted by devildogJMS View Post
    HOLY SHIIT!! LOL!! Thats one way of doing it! Add the ECY stack to that im suprised your alive to write about it! But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do right? How much weight did you lose doing this?
    lol
    it just got rid of that excess 6lbs i had gained minus 1lb (lost 7lbs total since that post)

i'm weighing 159 right now...might be a little less upon wakening tomorrow...i have really been overdoing the water intake because i was afraid of any kind of dehydration from reintroducing the EC stack (plus i've never done yohimbine) + the cardio with the saran wrap lol!

definitely got me over the plateau though, i imagine i will wake up just under 158 tomorrow

thanks for checking back up on me! you have been a huge inspiration on me throughout this diet. your success has really driven me. thanks man!!!
    Last edited by antonioNHB; 10-03-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cenetri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wait, what?

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cenetri View Post
    Wait, what?
    Lol.....I had the same reaction. Had to reread it 3 times to make sure I saw it correctly. And OP....I assume you are alternating the ephedrine and yohimbine? Taken together can cause serious blood pressure problems.

Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    Lol.....I had the same reaction. Had to reread it 3 times to make sure I saw it correctly. And OP....I assume you are alternating the ephedrine and yohimbine? Taken together can cause serious blood pressure problems.
    no, i had no idea.
    i need to do my research on it then.

i just did a quick read over a lyle mcdonald post where he recommended the yohimbe fuel from twinlab and mentioned not to take it with ephedrine but i didnt get to the meat of the topic. i had no diea that it would cause blood pressure problems.

ill research. thank you for pointing that out!!

Dyrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dyrex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've lost a total of 41lbs now (around 13lbs of muscle because of early on mistakes)

Mind sharing those mistakes?

devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) devildogJMS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol
    it just got rid of that excess 6lbs i had gained minus 1lb (lost 7lbs total since that post)

i'm weighing 159 right now...might be a little less upon wakening tomorrow...i have really been overdoing the water intake because i was afraid of any kind of dehydration from reintroducing the EC stack (plus i've never done yohimbine) + the cardio with the saran wrap lol!

definitely got me over the plateau though, i imagine i will wake up just under 158 tomorrow

thanks for checking back up on me! you have been a huge inspiration on me throughout this diet. your success has really driven me. thanks man!!!
    Damn 6lbs in a day! How did you feel afterwards?
    USMC 04-08
    Native Texan

Texas Longhorns-Texas Rangers-Dallas Cowboys-San Antonio Spurs-Alexis Texas

and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) and86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    glad to hear you got through it! Best of luck on your Keto cut!

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this is good. why isnt there a sticky about plateau breaking and why isnt this in it?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA