Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Personal Experience With DESTROYING Fat!

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the nutrition section, but here seems appropriate!

Over the years of transforming my body, lifting, eating, running, and sleeping, there was one thing that was the ultimate factor in cutting fat for me!

This one thing was becoming a vegan. Not until I became a vegan was I able to shed those last few percentages of body fat. And like most of us, food was my go to for comfort! With a vegan lifestyle I have been able to eat as much as I want and still lose fat by continuing to exercise.

I wanted to share this with you guys because maybe you are on the verge of becoming a vegan or have thought about it some time. If you haven't I just want to say the health benefits that come with it are also amazing!

It's like a hidden gem of weight loss and health!

Anyways lets here what did it for all of you and what you are currently trying!

Cheers!
    Michael James
    Personalized Monthly Workouts Directly To Your E-mail

pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10) pauskocak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so ure saying meat makes me fat?

I laugh hard, srsly
    Jan 1st '10 : 265lbs
    Feb 21st '10 : 240lbs
    Mar 28th '10 : 228lbs
    Aug 23rd '10 : 208lbs (COME ON, I WANT BELOW 200 ASAP)!!!!
    April 28th '11 : 213lbs
    Feb 18th' 13: 225lbs (starting 12 week kris gethin hardcore)

Life is screwed last couple of years. Now starting again:
    May 28, 2014: 230lbs
    Sept 28, 2014: 227lbs

OK THIS TIME FORREAL:
    01 Jan 2015: 218lbs
    07 Sep 2017: 193lbs

I rep back!!

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First, great transformation.

Second, I thought about becoming vegan. I haven't decided one way or the other though. Plus being vegan is a lot different than being vegetarian so can you list your sources of protein on a strict vegan diet? Anything close to 6.5g/oz as is the case with skinless chicken breast?
    Barely decent crew

MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MichaelJamesL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pauskocak View Post
    so ure saying meat makes me fat?

I laugh hard, srsly
    lol not quite, but with my personal experience becoming a vegan has helped me shed a lot of fat. I am not saying it can't be done with meat, it most surely can, I just wanted to share what has worked for me.

Also the health benefits that come for eating a plant based diet are amazing, including, but not limited to lowering your risk of heart disease!

Originally Posted by cyco85 View Post
    First, great transformation.

Second, I thought about becoming vegan. I haven't decided one way or the other though. Plus being vegan is a lot different than being vegetarian so can you list your sources of protein on a strict vegan diet? Anything close to 6.5g/oz as is the case with skinless chicken breast?
    Thanks I really appreciate it!

As to my protein sources, there is nothing close to 6.5g/oz, but studies have shown and I have found a diet made up of 10% protein is adequate enough for muscle and body growth. What really matters is increasing your calories and as long as I stick to plant based products I have had no problem putting on lean muscle!

Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deadikated is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats on the transformation! My wife recently had to go vegan because of food allergies and celiacs disease. I was having problems with eating a lot of dairy, so I have been using almond milk with True Protein which is a brand of gemma pea protein. I actually like it a lot better than whey and milk; taste wise and how my body responds to it. I'm planning on slowly cutting out meat of any kind and then completely dairy and any animal food product.

How much protein did you get on your cut from vegan sources? So far I have the gemma protein to turn to and some meat replacers I have been trying that don't all consist of soy protein. The good thing also is that my body does well with hanging on to muscle without insane amounts of protein. I've kept a lot of my muscle on this cut with around an average of 100-130 grams or less a day.

Originally Posted by Deadikated View Post
    Congrats on the transformation! My wife recently had to go vegan because of food allergies and celiacs disease. I was having problems with eating a lot of dairy, so I have been using almond milk with True Protein which is a brand of gemma pea protein. I actually like it a lot better than whey and milk; taste wise and how my body responds to it. I'm planning on slowly cutting out meat of any kind and then completely dairy and any animal food product.

How much protein did you get on your cut from vegan sources? So far I have the gemma protein to turn to and some meat replacers I have been trying that don't all consist of soy protein. The good thing also is that my body does well with hanging on to muscle without insane amounts of protein. I've kept a lot of my muscle on this cut with around an average of 100-130 grams or less a day.
    Thanks Man I really appreciate it! I can't get enough compliments!

I believe that anyone can keep or even build their muscle without an "insane" amount of protein. When I was cutting I got at most 10% of my calories from protein. As long as there is adequate amount of complex carbohydrates from plant sources such as rice, beans, potatoes, ect. then muscle doesn't really come off. I'm talking about 80% of calories or greater from carbs. The amount of energy I have is ludicrous!

So lets do the math (I'm not too much of a calorie counter ). I was getting around 3000-3500 calories a day when cutting and 10% where from proteins. I was getting anywhere from 75 - 90 grams of protein probably even more. Now these are rough numbers, I'm sure I went a little over board on eating from time to time, but it never mattered because the sources were superior.

As for protein sources:
    Beans have the highest percentage of protein which is 26% of their calories. This is nowhere near chickens 61%, but as I said earlier we need only 10% to grow.

Fun Fact: When our diet exceeds 15% proteins the kidneys and liver are stressed to remove the excess amount. This causes them to be enlarged and in turn we lose significant amounts of calcium when we pee.

ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd rather be 20% bodyfat than be a vegan. Seriously. Your food options are so limited its ridiculous, you can barely eat anything.
    Iron. Boxing. NFL. Mob stuff. New York City breed.

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
    I'd rather be 20% bodyfat than be a vegan. Seriously. Your food options are so limited its ridiculous, you can barely eat anything.
    This is completely untrue! There are many food choices that you probably don't even know about! Hell, I eat a wider variety of foods now than I ever did in my entire life! And guess what? I once had the same belief as you do

Fact of the matter is I'm sure you'd rather be vegan than putting your body at risk for heart disease, cancer, stroke and all the other great benefits you get from being 20% bodyfat and unhealthy :P

Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MichaelJamesL View Post
    This is completely untrue! There are many food choices that you probably don't even know about! Hell, I eat a wider variety of foods now than I ever did in my entire life! And guess what? I once had the same belief as you do

Fact of the matter is I'm sure you'd rather be vegan than putting your body at risk for heart disease, cancer, stroke and all the other great benefits you get from being 20% bodyfat and unhealthy :P
    Nothing against you or anything lol, but I'm curiois. Are you a true vegan? I'm just wondering because I have a few vegan friends and they go all up in arms about people call themselves vegans when they truely arnt.

It's a huge life style change, and if you can do it, its great. Really shows that you have dedication to something. I could see just having the will power and dedication to change your life to being a vegan can easily translate into bettering your physical health.

ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Its cool that the Vegan diet has worked for you, you look good. But you certainly do not have a wider choice of foods as a vegan. No way. You can't eat any products that come from an animals. Including all meat, fish, seafood, eggs, dairy products, honey, gelatin, and everything that has an animal derived product as an ingredient. That basically accounts for I'd guess 90% of foods that you will find in a supermarket, or packaged for sale or sold at a restaurant.

Its far too limiting, for what? To lower your change of heart disease, cancer and stroke? Well guess what, a million things are said to causes heart disease, cancer and strokes, and a million things are supposed to help prevent it. Its almost like a neverending circle of anecdotes and speculation on what is good for you and bad for you. There are almost as many negative health side effects from being a vegan as there are positives. I for one think food is the greatest pleasure we have in life...and you are denying yourself access to almost all of those pleasures for what you think helps your physique look optimal? Well to each their own but I respectfully disagree that this is a method to follow for fat loss.

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kjerski View Post
    I'm just wondering because I have a few vegan friends and they go all up in arms about people call themselves vegans when they truely arnt.
    Rightfully so, too. For most, it's more than just about diet. Like H2O's song "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow": "Before you start waving flags, you better know what you stand for."

I'm straight edge and I hate it when people say "Yeah, I'm pretty straight edge, I only drink once or twice per month". Gets my blood boiling lol. But some of those straight edge vegans... even crazier than I've ever been
    Barely decent crew

Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's awesome but yeah I agree...life is too short to cut myself off from meat/seafood/etc and other animal derived products...
    USN Vet
    Cutting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160718511

short term:
    150 lbs by july 18
    145 lbs by august 8
    140 lbs by sept 1
    maintain until nov
    bulk nov-feb

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    [QUOTE=MichaelJamesL;535058053
    Fact of the matter is I'm sure you'd rather be vegan than putting your body at risk for heart disease, cancer, stroke a[/QUOTE]

Are you saying animal proteins contribute to the above?
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    > life is too short to cut myself off from meat/seafood/etc and other animal derived products...
    My irony sense is too sensitive not to notice the similarity between this and the oft mocked excuse for obesity: "life is too short, let's eat cake and Big Macs". Just an amusing aside...

Its far too limiting, for what? To lower your change of heart disease, cancer and stroke? Well guess what, a million things are said to causes heart disease, cancer and strokes, and a million things are supposed to help prevent it.
    The American Cancer Societ, Nationtional Cancer Institute, American Heart Association, National Academy of Sciences, American Diabetic Association, and the U.S Surgeon General all have stated that DIET is the leading cause of death and disease.... Just saying.

Also I am not telling you to become vegan man. I'm not saying my choice is better. I do believe however it is healthier. What we choose all depends on our values. I still don't think it is limiting though... at a restaurant yes lol, I will give you that, but at home I make different recipes all the time!

Yes you have more choice, if you want to make a list, yours will most definitely be longer. I'm not trying to compare dick sizes. I am just trying to say I don't fell limited in any way I have an abundance of food to choose from. Once again my perspective...

Nothing against you or anything lol, but I'm curiois. Are you a true vegan? I'm just wondering because I have a few vegan friends and they go all up in arms about people call themselves vegans when they truely arnt.

It's a huge life style change, and if you can do it, its great. Really shows that you have dedication to something. I could see just having the will power and dedication to change your life to being a vegan can easily translate into bettering your physical health.
    Yes I am a true vegan, but I'm not all crazy about people who say they are. It is a choice and if they follow it then cool, if they don't that's fine with me.

Originally Posted by gekkoboy14 View Post
    Are you saying animal proteins contribute to the above?
    Unfortunate yes. Studies have shown that 20% protein intake increases your risk for disease and 5% nearly eliminates it!

Also all proteins are not created equal. Once again it has been documented that animal protein intake increases your rate of disease. Plant protein consumed at the same level as animal protein in these studies shows no incidence of cancer.

If you want to read more about this I suggest you pick up the book titled "The China Study." It is extremely informative on the implications of your "American diet"

Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Virten is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rpdm View Post
    > life is too short to cut myself off from meat/seafood/etc and other animal derived products...
    My irony sense is too sensitive not to notice the similarity between this and the oft mocked excuse for obesity: "life is too short, let's eat cake and Big Macs". Just an amusing aside...
    Haha yeahhh but interpreted differently...can't remember the last time I had fast food. Cake...well...only for people's birthdays and I usually split a slice with someone.
    USN Vet
    Cutting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160718511

short term:
    150 lbs by july 18
    145 lbs by august 8
    140 lbs by sept 1
    maintain until nov
    bulk nov-feb

amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This one thing was becoming a vegan. Not until I became a vegan was I able to shed those last few percentages of body fat. And like most of us, food was my go to for comfort! With a vegan lifestyle I have been able to eat as much as I want and still lose fat by continuing to exercise.
    Awesome transformation, nice! I did a raw diet last year for two months and it was amazing.. energy to burn! It was hard at first, but once you get past the first week, it's killer. Something about the way our bodies absorb the rich nutrients in the greens.. and after a while, I didn't get the same hunger pangs as a meat rich diet..much milder, imo. I'm hoping to get back into it soon..all props to you! I'm planning on get a Vitamix , and once I do, I'm planning on incorporating a lot more greens into my diet.. way too healthy!!

FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatZillllla is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I thought about it but I dont know what to replace my chicken, egg and fish with

I already stopped eating red meat (Damn PETA and their gross videos)

I will probably re-think about it once I lose all of my extra body fat

.................................................. .................................................. ...........

But putting diet aside, there is no way that Im gonna give up wearing fur LOL
    im kidding

Almost everything I wear is cotton or made of synthetic material
    - Biracial Angel Crew
    - Sleep Naked Crew
    - [A]lpha [B]eard [C]rew
    - Big Beautiful Bus Crew
    - Negging fellow Vancouverite on sight crew
    - Gained 130lbs+ crew
    - Have a lot of baby fat crew

Start Weight: 376.8 - Current Weight 314.0 - Goal Weight 180.0

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice work man but I could never do it. Maybe an ALL meat diet.

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Unfortunate yes. Studies have shown that 20% protein intake increases your risk for disease and 5% nearly eliminates it!

Also all proteins are not created equal. Once again it has been documented that animal protein intake increases your rate of disease. Plant protein consumed at the same level as animal protein in these studies shows no incidence of cancer.

If you want to read more about this I suggest you pick up the book titled "The China Study." It is extremely informative on the implications of your "American diet"
    I can also show you that high cholesterol and high fat, high protein diets do not contribute to CVD or other metabolic diseases.
    http://www.westonaprice.org/
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Smile

Originally Posted by burnabykid View Post
    But putting diet aside, there is no way that Im gonna give up wearing fur LOL
    im kidding

Almost everything I wear is cotton or made of synthetic material
    ahahahahaha. =P

The American Cancer Societ, Nationtional Cancer Institute, American Heart Association, National Academy of Sciences, American Diabetic Association, and the U.S Surgeon General all have stated that DIET is the leading cause of death and disease.... Just saying.
    Clearly. Diet is the end-all of all healthy individuals. But where does it say that a healthy diet that happens to also include meat and animal products is worse than a healthy diet that does not include them? It doesn't. And even if it does, I don't believe it. Man has been eating meat for 40,000 years, I believe evolution has made the human body not only adjust to meat in its diet, but perhaps even require it.

I know you're not telling people to be vegan, I just question someone's reason to choose that lifestyle. You are giving up so much for very little in return.

Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know you're not telling people to be vegan, I just question someone's reason to choose that lifestyle. You are giving up so much for very little in return.
    Kind of depends how you look at it. The big thing I see being given up is convenience.

Kind of depends how you look at it. The big thing I see being given up is convenience.
    Definitely convenience, but also variety...variety is the spice of life. There has to be a level of stress and frustration that adds up when all you are eating is vegetables.

I had a friend go vegetarian, not even vegan, and he was hardcore with it at first...but after about 6 months he started going crazy and went back to meat. He was very lean when he was vegetarian, but also MUCH smaller and much weaker. He started eating meat again and literally in the blink of an eye he was back to his regular size and his strength returned.

Originally Posted by amazongb View Post
    Awesome transformation, nice! I did a raw diet last year for two months and it was amazing.. energy to burn! It was hard at first, but once you get past the first week, it's killer. Something about the way our bodies absorb the rich nutrients in the greens.. and after a while, I didn't get the same hunger pangs as a meat rich diet..much milder, imo. I'm hoping to get back into it soon..all props to you! I'm planning on get a Vitamix , and once I do, I'm planning on incorporating a lot more greens into my diet.. way too healthy!!
    Thanks Man! Yeah the amount of energy is indescribable! In them my friends are dead and I'm ready for round two!

Originally Posted by burnabykid View Post
    I thought about it but I dont know what to replace my chicken, egg and fish with

I already stopped eating red meat (Damn PETA and their gross videos)

I will probably re-think about it once I lose all of my extra body fat
    Replace your chicken, eggs and fish with beans, oatmeal, Bread (whole wheat), Cabbage, tomatoes.

Originally Posted by gekkoboy14 View Post
    I can also show you that high cholesterol and high fat, high protein diets do not contribute to CVD or other metabolic diseases.
    Clearly. Diet is the end-all of all healthy individuals. But where does it say that a healthy diet that happens to also include meat and animal products is worse than a healthy diet that does not include them? It doesn't. And even if it does, I don't believe it. Man has been eating meat for 40,000 years, I believe evolution has made the human body not only adjust to meat in its diet, but perhaps even require it.

"A carnivore's or omnivore's small intestine is three to six times the length of its trunk. This is a tool designed for rapid elimination of food that rots quickly. Man's, as well as other herbivore's small intestines are 10 to 12 times the length of their body, and winds itself back and forth in random directions. This is a tool designed for keeping food in it for long enough periods of time so that all the valuable nutrients and minerals can be extracted from it before it enters the large intestine."

"A carnivore's or omnivore's large intestine is relatively short and simple, like a pipe. This passage is also relatively smooth and runs fairly straight so that fatty wastes high in cholesterol can easily slide out before they start to putrefy. Man's, as well as other herbivore's large intestines, or colons, are puckered and pouched, an apparatus that runs in three directions (ascending, traversing and descending), designed to hold wastes that originally were foods high in water content. This is so that the fluids can be extracted from these wastes, now that all the useful nutrients and minerals have been extracted and the long journey through the small intestine is over. Substances high in fat and cholesterol that have been putrefying for hours during their long stay in the small intestine tend to get stuck in the pockets that line the large intestine."

Definitely convenience, but also variety...variety is the spice of life. There has to be a level of stress and frustration that adds up when all you are eating is vegetables.

I had a friend go vegetarian, not even vegan, and he was hardcore with it at first...but after about 6 months he started going crazy and went back to meat. He was very lean when he was vegetarian, but also MUCH smaller and much weaker. He started eating meat again and literally in the blink of an eye he was back to his regular size and his strength returned.
    I still believe my variety my variety is not limited. I am eating foods I've never eaten before that have replaced my "variety" that I used to have?

Just because I don't want to eat meat doesn't mean I'm stuck to "only vegetables." Understand that I am eating things that you probably will never eat in your life. Dishes you will never experience. Therefore I can say you are limiting your variety by not dipping into the vegan lifestyle. But I am simply not, because I understand you will experience foods I never will eat again, and I will experience foods you will never eat.

I also understand you have the choice to eat vegan, but you don't. So understand I have the choice to eat meat, but I don't. We are the same with the same opportunities and varieties. You just BELIEVE that there is no variety so for you there isn't.

Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Layziegtp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very nice transformation.

I will just say though that diet success is 100% based off adherance as opposed to type. On the other hand, what one person can adhere to can be drastically different to another.
    = Misc Anxiety Crew =
    = Miscin From Work Crew =
    = Keto Crew =

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here, "huge success!"
    It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

You aren't in starvation mode
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_mode

hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hankst is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I still believe my variety my variety is not limited. I am eating foods I've never eaten before that have replaced my "variety" that I used to have?

Just because I don't want to eat meat doesn't mean I'm stuck to "only vegetables." Understand that I am eating things that you probably will never eat in your life. Dishes you will never experience. Therefore I can say you are limiting your variety by not dipping into the vegan lifestyle. But I am simply not, because I understand you will experience foods I never will eat again, and I will experience foods you will never eat.

I also understand you have the choice to eat vegan, but you don't. So understand I have the choice to eat meat, but I don't. We are the same with the same opportunities and varieties. You just BELIEVE that there is no variety so for you there isn't.
    We're not all burger gobbling idiots, you know?

Your transformation was great and all, big congrats on that; and the decision to go vegan is yours, but don't try to push your lifestyle on other people. That's why vegans have such a bad rep, the whole "holier than thou" attitude.

Oh, and could you please enlighten us? What do you eat? List some of your recent meals (not the once every 2 months special meals that may or may not sound mighty exotic), stuff you eat frequently. Maybe we could learn something and take parts of your diet to enhance ours.
    I expected a bit more than "beans, oatmeal, Bread (whole wheat), Cabbage, tomatoes" (direct quote) to be honest, because we all eat that, plus animal products.

StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) StannaRad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Virten View Post
    It's awesome but yeah I agree...life is too short to cut myself off from meat/seafood/etc and other animal derived products...
    Yea, I LUVS me meat!!! ha ha

1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100)

Gen’s Guiltless Gourmet

Hi OP,

You look great! Wow, you sure picked a touchy subject, LOL! I believe personal choice is just that personal choice and everyone should respect that. I really don't think there's any reason to get into a food war over someones personal opinion to become Vegan or Vegetarian.

I understand that a Vegan is someone who doesn't eat anything with a face or has anything to do with animal products and is different than a vegetarian. I have been looking into becoming a vegetarian but still undecided. I'm open to using some Vegan recipes after all it's just food without animal products.

I totally agree with you on the Western diet and health. Many cultures did not and do not eat white flour, sugar, butter, red meat like Americans do and some have less health issues than Americans. I'd like to hear more about your finding in the Vegan diet and the human body.

I watch a cooking show called, "Gen's Guiltless Gourmet" she has a website too. She features a lot of Vegan recipes as well as Vegetarian and healthy traditional.

I hope you keep us posted and throw some tasty tidbits our way.

Thanks,
    Q.

1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100) 1qazxsw22 is not very well liked. (-100)

Go To: Harvard School of Public Health, type in red meat

Harvard School of Public Health
    The Nutrition source Protein
    The Bottom Line

3. Limit red meat—and avoid processed meat. Research suggests that people who eat more than 18 ounces a week of red meat have a higher risk of colon cancer. So make red meat—beef, pork, lamb—only an occasional part of your diet, if you eat it at all. And skip the processed stuff—bacon, hot dogs, and deli meats—since that's also been linked to higher cancer risk. Try these healthy protein recipes for nuts and tofu, fish and chicken.

-----

Shifting Protein Sources Away from Red Meats May Reduce Risk of Heart Disease in Women

For immediate release: Monday, August 16, 2010

Boston, MA – Eating protein-rich foods other than red meat could play an important role in lowering the risk of heart disease. In a new study, researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) found that women who consumed higher amounts of red meat had a greater risk of coronary heart disease (CHD). Substituting other foods high in protein in place of red meat, such as fish, poultry and nuts, was associated with a lower risk of CHD.

Eating one serving per day of nuts in place of red meat was linked to a 30% lower risk of CHD; substituting a serving of fish showed a 24% lower risk, poultry a 19% lower risk and low-fat dairy a 13% lower risk.