Registered User wrestlerbjj9386's Avatar
    wrestlerbjj9386 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wrestlerbjj9386 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

eating is a chore

Ever since I started this Madcow 5x5 and vowed to increase my squat and Bench ... I have been getting sick of eating

I am forcing a gallon of milk a day down my gullet and lately I am never hungry.... whenever it is time to eat I have to force myself to eat a meal.... the eating is definiitely worse than the workouts.... I look forward to the workouts but not the meals at all even food I used to enjoy previously has become a chore....

Also has anyone else experienced severe blood sugar crashes when consuming GOMAD?

Rub some funk on it watermelon_2001's Avatar
    watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't like eating? Maybe bodybuilding isn't the sport for you...
    Anorexia dragged me to rock-bottom; watch me build myself back up...

My Journal; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118286631

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10) 9reps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hows your water intake? I find that when im lacking water im not hungry.

Will become a Natural Pro UCFBuilder's Avatar
    UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wrestlerbjj9386 View Post
    Ever since I started this Madcow 5x5 and vowed to increase my squat and Bench ... I have been getting sick of eating

I am forcing a gallon of milk a day down my gullet and lately I am never hungry.... whenever it is time to eat I have to force myself to eat a meal.... the eating is definiitely worse than the workouts.... I look forward to the workouts but not the meals at all even food I used to enjoy previously has become a chore....

Also has anyone else experienced severe blood sugar crashes when consuming GOMAD?
    ever think thats ur problem? who the fuk told u to drink a gallon of milk a day? god that sounds awful...eat foods you enjoy eating..count the macros and cals and hit whatever numbers u should be hitting to put on muscle by the end of the day...its not that hard and doesnt require u to eat so much that u get sick of it

food should be enjoyable...not feel like a chore...so dont treat it that way

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Take Animal M-Stak... then you won't take your food for granted.
    I'm hungry 24/7

feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500)
    I don't understand how you can drink a gallon of milk a day. Can you get sick of drinking too much milk in your diet? I watch a show on the Food Network called Good Eats and the guy on the show says that everyone is lactose intolerance. It just depend on the degree the person can in take.

DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DiamondSlits has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you crazy! food is delicous.. i agree you dont have to get that much milk. you dont need to go super crazy on cals to grow. you will just get fatter. eat more calorie dense foods like nuts and dried fruit. that will bump up cals and very easy to eat

saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50) saviorex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Who doesn't enjoy eating?

Instead of GOMAD, have something you enjoy - steak/chili/CC w/ PB, whatever.

joshflaig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by UCFBuilder View Post
    ever think thats ur problem? who the fuk told u to drink a gallon of milk a day? god that sounds awful...eat foods you enjoy eating..count the macros and cals and hit whatever numbers u should be hitting to put on muscle by the end of the day...its not that hard and doesnt require u to eat so much that u get sick of it

LMFAO agreed... i have heard that once in my life...

"want to gain weight... drink a gallon a milk a day"

worst advice i have every heard! never thought anyone would actually try it ><

UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10) UTGTi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by UCFBuilder View Post

I completely agree. A gallon of milk is fcuKING SICK! that is actually probably unhealthy unless you are running over 100 miles a week (i.e. cross country runner). Milk is gonna make you feel bloated and ****ty. stay away from a gallon, that's common sense though.

aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000) aer_vlad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondSlits View Post
    you crazy! food is delicous.. i agree you dont have to get that much milk. you dont need to go super crazy on cals to grow. you will just get fatter. eat more calorie dense foods like nuts and dried fruit. that will bump up cals and very easy to eat
    ^agreed. I get so excited to eat, it's crazy. I'm always looking forward to meal or snack. Nom nom nom!
    I can resist everything except temptation.

wrestlerbjj9386 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wrestlerbjj9386 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is GOMAD?Plainly stated: Gallon Of Milk A Day. In other words, you drink a gallon of whole milk every blessed day.

[edit] Why milk?1) It is VERY easy to consume. Most kids can down a ton daily with cereal, pop tarts, ice cream, protein drinks, etc, and for a skinny kid who is growing vertically as well as horizontally ( yeah puberty!), this is a VERY easy way to ensure you get your calories.

2) Protein, yeah protein...tons of high quality protein. Whole milk will have a nearly ideal macronutrient profile for a growing kid as well.

3) It is rich in calcium, vitamin A, B-12, D, potassium, phosphorus, niacin, and riboflavin.

4) Calorie for calorie it is one of the cheapest ways you're gonna get fed on a budget. T-bone steaks and fast food are gonna quickly drain your wallet.

Mark Rippetoe:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milk works because it is easy, it is available, it doesn't need any preparation, and it has all the components necessary for growing mammals, which your trainees most definately are. There also seems to be something special about milk that the equivalent amount of calories, protein, fat and carbs can't duplicate in terms of growth enhancement. It may be the fact that milk has been shown to have very high levels of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), a peptide hormone that has been shown to have some tenuous relationship to accelerated growth in mammals. But that research is far from conclusive; suffice it to say that people who drink lots of milk during their novice phase get bigger and stronger than people who don't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan Aragon:

...milk is one of the best muscle foods on the planet. You see, the protein in milk is about 20 percent whey and 80 percent casein... it's ideal for providing your body with a steady supply of smaller amounts of protein for a longer period of time, like between meals or while you sleep. Since milk provides both, one big glass gives your body an ideal combination of muscle-building proteins.

[edit] Why WHOLE milk?The fat adds more calories and it's all about calories. The fat also plays an important role in the delivery of certain nutrients and regulation of the body's hormones. There are other factors at play with what drinking Whole milk does to body composition too.

I'm still convinced that that much Whole Milk can't be good for you
    That may be true, but even at its worst assesment I think a healthy younger trainee who only does the milk diet for a few months tops won't suffer any lasting health consequences. This isn't a lifestyle diet after all, just a short term bulking/strength tool that is rarely administered. The fact that the muscle/strength results are lasting, however, I think outweighs the short term health impications which can be easily reversed, if such implications actually exist.

[edit] What do I eat in addition to the Milk?Anything you still have room for. I'd take it easy on adding in more dairy on top of all the milk though. Too much of a good thing and all that. ANYTHING ELSE

[edit] Do I still need to drink a gallon of water on top of the gallon of milk?The milk will account for most of your daily hydration needs. Just drink plenty during your workout.

--Edit--Actually, this is debatable. In Practical Programming for Strength Training, Rippetoe recommends one liter of water for every 1000 calories expended (p. 46-48). This would work out to a gallon a day for someone using 4000 calories a day. Rippetoe also states that other liquids (i.e. milk) contribute toward this total, but it seems fairly certain that he doesn't intend for them to completely replace the water. Keep drinking at least some water.

[edit] I'm lactose intolerant and I only have one pair of pants to spare.They make lactose free milk, called Lactaid, and also most drug stores carry lactase which is the digestive enzyme that people who are lactose intolerant lack. One or the other is usually a suitable solution. I also recommend 'NOW Foods Super Enzymes,' just as a general digestive enzyme (it doesn't include lactase enzyme however).

[edit] Does this mean you HAVE to drink 1 gallon of milk daily and that it must be WHOLE milk?No. Is it recommended? Well, it sure is effective for adding necessary protein and calories while growing. If you are worried about the calories and fat, then drink skim. Note that Hola Bola, one of the best built natties on bb.com, drinks damn near a gallon of 1% or 2% daily. Granted, he is enormous, and has the resultant metabolic "advantage" of having over 200lbs of LBM, but he is also 25, not 15, and he isn't growing vertically as well as generally filling out.

Skinny dudes and relatively lean, athletic dudes can probably get away with drinking 1% or 2%. For those painfully skinny early teens, whole milk. Chubbies should stick to skim milk, obviously.

Milk isn't magical, although it is quite effective. Keep your calorie totals in mind when figuring out how much milk to drink.

Alan Aragon:

Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, if eating is a chore, urdoinitwrong.
    Upgraded from "curls for the girls" to "rows for the hoes".

Ryan's Supp. Stack
    ----------------------
    r2's WILLpower -- now completely free of bitchassness!

clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wrestlerbjj9386 View Post

Drink less milk and eat more tasty and enjoyable foods man.

Really, Rippetoe is great but nutrition is NOT his field. Just because he says you have to drink "GOMAD" does not mean you should.

Stop doing it. Eat other stuff. Milk is awesome but enjoy your life. Bodybuilding requires work but its not worth throwing away simple pleasures of life.

KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would be pretty pissed off too if I was replacing lots of delicious delicious food with a gallon of milk every day....
    Every day without lifting is a wasted opportunity.

XERXES YGGDRASIL InclineDBPresss's Avatar
    InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000) InclineDBPresss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bro, I ****in love eating. I know what you mean when you feel full and its time to eat again though. But that just means you are in caloric excess... Of course youll feel full at times if youre eating enough to grow
    My training log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143412923

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JeffyDOS View Post
    Take Animal M-Stak... then you won't take your food for granted.
    I'm hungry 24/7
    Or smoke some weed....

DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DNinety6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't see why you would consume a freaken gallon of milk daily.

No wonder eating is a chore for you. :|

rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rayr2010 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    Or smoke some weed....
    LMAO! is that why i just had 2 pbjs w.out jelly

1xslice wheat bread
    4tbs PB
    1/3 bananda mashed evenly over PB
    2tbs honey glaze over banana
    1xslice wheat bread

^^^^JUST MADE THIS AND AM PATENTING IT^^^^

ENJOY!

ill probably cut down to 3/4 gallon

Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) Notorious BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by watermelon_2001 View Post
    Don't like eating? Maybe bodybuilding isn't the sport for you...
    Wrong. It's for anyone who wants to improve their bodies.

Eat more calorie dense food. Really eat as much as your comfortable with, f*** that "omfg bro I gotta eet da fridge nao!!!"

Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kevinyeo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is what I do, and it works for me. Take a protein shake with 7 scoops of protein powder in the morning. Then for the rest of the day, eat whatever the **** you want (pizza, mcdonalds, ice cream)

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have been eating peanut butter every day since I can remember (kindergarten?), and to this day I eat about 10 tbsp per day, and every spoonful I eat as if it were candy. Milk is ok, but its more of a condiment to me, to put in oatmeal, cereal, shakes, etc.

Rub some funk on it watermelon_2001's Avatar
    watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Notorious BIG View Post
    Wrong. It's for anyone who wants to improve their bodies.

Eat more calorie dense food. Really eat as much as your comfortable with, f*** that "omfg bro I gotta eet da fridge nao!!!"
    Ever hear the saying that bodybuilding is "90% diet, 10% training?" It's renowned for being a sport in which diet is a massive element. Yes, bodybuilder's want to improve their bodies, but good luck trying to gain or lose weight without paying attention to your food.
    Anorexia dragged me to rock-bottom; watch me build myself back up...

My Journal; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118286631

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) clash101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by watermelon_2001 View Post
    Ever hear the saying that bodybuilding is "90% diet, 10% training?" It's renowned for being a sport in which diet is a massive element. Yes, bodybuilder's want to improve their bodies, but good luck trying to gain or lose weight without paying attention to your food.

Oh please. The OP is just not eating properly. He can eat a lot but his diet is composed of things he cannot handle. You can bodybuild and still think that a gallon of milk a day is too much.

Your first response was retarded and had nothing to do with the 90% diet and 10% training (which btw is BS anyways).

I 'll post my typical day of eating up today so you all can see what it is I am eating..

so far

2 scoops Monster mass in 8 oz of water

** just to clarify... goals are to be as big and strong as possible, fat gain really wont bother me right now**

Diet today:

sleep 11 30 pm- 5 am
    5 10 am: 2 scoops monster mass in 8 oz water
    7 45 am : scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, orange juice, bagel, pint of 2% milk
    sleep 9 am - 12 pm
    12 pm :1 pint 2 % milk
    1 pm: 8 lean beef meatballs, whole wheat spaghetti, pint of chocolate milk
    330 pm: pre workout, 2 teaspoons pb and slice of whole wheat bread
    5pm: Post workout: 8 oz choco milk, 2 scoops monster mass
    6 pm: 8 oz chicken breast on a bun, pasta with cream sauce and cauliflower
    9 pm : pint of chocolate milk, 2 bananas
    Before bed, 2 tablespoons peanut butter on a whole wheat bread, 2 scoops monster mass in 8 oz skim milk

Critique please...