Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What do you NOT eat?

Disclaimer: Just imagine you didn't have cheat meals.

1) Are there certain foods you stay away from entirely?

2) If so, what are they, and what's your reason for keeping away?

Bonus Q:

3) What "bad foods" (hate that term) do you eat the most often?

And it'd be nice to have 100% honesty here! I know some people who will say they do something, but then when no one is looking do the exact opposite...no reason to lie about the foods you eat here
    ^_^

crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crystellful has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by fitlover View Post

Bonus Q:

And it'd be nice to have 100% honesty here! I know some people who will say they do something, but then when no one is looking do the exact opposite...no reason to lie about the foods you eat here
    1)stay away from milk entirely! its wayy bad and gross...and i try to stay away from fried foods as much as possible.

2) just do your research....it contains so much hormones these days and even pus! i dont even like the taste anymore. try almond mmmmm....lol

3) well i just started on my diet tdy so i cnt really answer...

btw great job! love your pics. hope to get there one day...still learning but really motivated me!

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Huh. I thought this was going to be easy to answer, but it's not. There are things that I mostly avoid, but I can't think of a single thing that I stay away from 100%.

The biggest thing that comes to mind is "diet food" - anything that's marked "low fat" or "low calorie" or made especially for dieters or anything like that. I'd rather have a few small bites of something real than something with a bunch of chemicals in it. But then again, I eat Skinny Cow Ice Cream (it's my only real "diet food" indulgence). So ... I can't say that.

As a rule, potato chips are a trigger food for me and I *will* eat an entire bag at a sitting, mindlessly. So when I'm actively losing weight, I cannot eat potato chips at all in any form. But every now and then I have a small snack sized bag of them - as long as the portion control is forced on me, I can make do. So ... can't say I 100% avoid them either.

Honestly I'm racking my brain here and I can't think of a single item that I avoid 100%. That actually kinda surprises me.

Burger and fries / pizza. And I use "bad" loosely in this sense. I make pizza at home on the grill and I make burgers and fries (both from white potatoes and from sweet potatoes) at home. They're kinda staple foods in our house. But also my favorite treat/cheat meal or indulgence is a burger at Five Guys. When I'm craving "junk" I consider the 600 cals for a little cheeseburger to be well spent!

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1) Are there certain foods you stay away from entirely? Nope, but certain restaurants I stay away from (all fast food, chain, etc)

I eat anything and everything, once in a while, in moderation. That being said, if I am wanting a cheeseburger I am not going to go to a fast food or even a restaurant in general. I don't like not knowing what is in something. The only restaurants I even go to anymore are sushi, and every couple of months Ruth's Chris or another high end steakhouse for date night where I know it is a total indulgence. Otherwise, I would rather cook everything at home, so I can make substitutions if necessary and make it the way I like it.

Ice cream. I am addicted to coffee ice cream and I probably eat it 5x a week. However I do buy the Edy's Light and I only have a very small cone.
    Karen

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1 & 2) Processed meats that contain nitrates (hot dogs, salami, sandwich meats....) Carcinogens in there are pretty nasty. I will eat meat that has been naturally cured though. No "fake" meat or dairy (ie meatless burgers, soy milk), lots of nasty processing and chemicals going on there too. If I am going to eat meat and drink milk, I want it to be real food, lol. Besides, since when did soy plants have mammary glands? Takes alot of processing to make soy "milk".

3)I can't really think of any food that is "bad" besides the above that I eat. Others would consider steak or something bad I guess, I don't. Oh wait, tortilla chips, lol. Love authentic tortilla chips. They are only "bad" to me because I will overeat them.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sushis because I really dislike the taste (rice + vinegar stuff - ew)
    read meat - don't like the taste that much unless it's really well done

This will sound unbelievable but it is true: I've never tried peanut butter. I don't know how it tastes like. Where I grew up, it was either not available or not something you could find easily. And then later I thought if you try maybe you won't be able to stop (although I don't like peanuts that much).
    And now I'm 31, have never had peanut butter in my life ever and in a way it is quite extraordinary, so I'm kind of holding onto that virginity.
    This is probably the most absurd answer to this thread

(3) at the moment: dark chocolate (2-3 100grs bars per week), but I think it's good for me ;p
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125294131

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I tend to stay away from pasta, white flour products, white potatoes, etc. It's funny, I don't miss pasta, really, and from eating lean protein/lower carb/whole grain foods...I don't have the stomach aches I used to have when eating 'white' stuff. Don't bloat anymore.
    I tend to eat organic, whole foods, with the occasional packaged food...like a few wheat crackers, or oatmeal for convenience taking it to work.

I am smitten with cannolis, but those are a once in a blue moon kinda treat. lol

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1) Wow. I can't imagine living in this world you just created for me. LOL I guess if my body were totally unforgiving and would NEVER recover I would stay away from:

2) *Sugar and artificial sweeteners because they're hard to stop eating, cause cravings and make me feel like crap.

*Fried foods because they make me feel like crap.

*Overly processed/preservative-filled/chemically enhanced foods because depending on them too much makes me feel like crap.

Basically, I'd squeeze a lot more "crap" into my meal plans if they didn't eventually make me feel like crap.

3) Actually, SUPPLEMENTS are the "bad foods" I indulge in the most often! But I'm assuming you're talking about "bad foods" I don't perceive to gain much benefit from. Erm...hmmmmmmm. Really, I don't have any go-to "bad foods." I like nice restaurants over fast food and at a restaurant I'm pretty likely to WANT something that would be perfectly acceptable for me to eat as a "good food" (STEAK!!! SASHIMI!!! SALAD!!!). I guess I'm more likely to indulge in excess calories (greater serving size than I need, salad dressing, load up my potato, drink alcohol, have dessert) when I go out to eat if I'm not actively trying to lean up but I don't always want the things that add up that way, either. If I'm being lazy and want something cheap and fast, I'm actually more likely to crave the salad bar at Zookini's or something from a sandwich shop over a burger or pizza (which I don't necessarily consider a "bad" foods...depends on quality of meat, bread and toppings).

jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jkliveng has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Never eaten beef before so I tend to stray from that. I have recently been tasting things I grew up without. Never had mayo, any salad dressings, mustard at all before if those count, so none of that. I don't really stay away from many things I like, mostly just things I have never had, but I try for the most part to avoid anything fried, any fast food, I did stop eating bagels, umm... pasta has been out of my life for a while now, but I don't avoid it comepletely. Drinks with calories!

For the things I have never tried, just haven't tried them and none of them are that great for me to waste my time with now. Other things they just suck for you or are so high calorie they just wouldn't be worth it in my macros. Especially drinks with calories, I think the only one I have is gatorade which I delute a lot.

Bonus Q:

Hotdogs for sure, followed by frozen yogurt.
    Julie
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=514025933#post514025933

Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paichka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1) Bagels, mostly.

2) Because they have a ton of calories in them, and I can have something way more satisfying while doing less damage to my macros.

3) Hrm. This is a toughie. Probably things like Sour Patch Kids or Hershey's Miniatures...mostly because I NEVER stick to a single serving. If I could have just one serving, I'd be fine, but I tend to hoover three or four handfuls before I put the bag away.
    I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

1 January 2017: 175.0
    1 June 2017: 154.4
    Goal Weight: 145.0 (by 1 August)

Week 1: 154.3 (6/2/17); Week 2: 154.4 (6/9/17); Week 3: 152.4 (6/16/17); Week 4: Friday 23th June; Week 5: Friday 30th June

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't eat baguettes, or french or italian bread anymore. They're a trigger food for me. I count count the number of times I walked to the cornery bakery for a loaf to have with dinner, and by the time I got to my front door I'm holding an empty bag of crumbs saying, "What the hell happened?"

I don't really avoid all processed foods, but I eat a lot less than most people I know. I've always loved cooking from whole foods.

I don't personally consider steaks, "bad" although I know some people do. It's a good thing I don't because we grill steaks at our house at least 3 x a week. If it's a porter, I try and trim some of the fat off. I'll just toss it to the dog. Raw, of course!

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I honestly do not stay away from ANY food or foods because I think they are "dirty". There are some foods I don't like so won't eat of course but nothing I completely avoid. If there is something to be eaten and I can fit it into my macros, I am all over it. Now, this said, I regularly avoid eating foods that do not fit into my macro for a given day. Sometimes it is pizza, other times, desserts, etc... It isn't like there is no discipline happening in my life, just that I do not do food avoidance as anything can find a place in my diet if I want it to. Just not always when I want it to.

I regularly eat all manners of foods that other people deem "dirty". I eat breads, candy, cakes, etc, etc, etc and never am off my plan when I do it.

nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 & 2) I stay away from things with gluten in them because I have Celiac disease. So that eliminates most breads, pastas, pizzas, donuts, muffins, bagels, cookies, cakes, pies, etc. Note though that if I can find a gluten free variety of the above foods, I'm all over them!

I also don't eat pork - not because of a religious thing, I just don't like the taste.

I try to stay away from caloric beverages, mostly because I'd rather eat my calories than drink them.

3) Right now, my vice is ice cream. I try to work it into my macros, but I know I go over my calories a lot of summer days because I want ice cream. I'm trying to be stricter though and only have it when I can squeeze it into my totals.
    Hi, my name is Ellen, and I'm a peanut butter addict...

I do this because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by crystellful View Post
    1)stay away from milk entirely! its wayy bad and gross...and i try to stay away from fried foods as much as possible.

2) just do your research....it contains so much hormones these days and even pus! i dont even like the taste anymore. try almond mmmmm....lol

3) well i just started on my diet tdy so i cnt really answer...

btw great job! love your pics. hope to get there one day...still learning but really motivated me!
    Right on about the milk and the allowable amount of pus it contains. I don't eat any animal products and it's awesome!

I recommend the book "Mad Cowboy" by Howard Lyman. Very eye opening.
    Last edited by st5p8; 07-19-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I try to stay away from foods that are genetically modified, specifically soy products and products that contain genetically modified corn. I stay away from highly processed and unfermented soy in particular as well. I also do not eat meat products unless i know exactly where it came from and how the animal was raised. Same goes for dairy products. Oh and i only eat wild caught fish.

I stay away from said products mainly for moral and political reasons. Eating a genetically modified product isn't going to necessarily kill you, however the politics that ahve gone into the genetic modification of food is stupid and i choose not to support it. Soy and corn are two of the most heavily genetically modified products.

I also stay away from non fermented soy for many different reason. For one many vegetarian products that contain soy are HIGHLY processed. In addition there is scientific evidence to show that soy isn't as good for you as we are lead to believe. It is an allergen and it does contain phytoestrogens.

While i choose to eat meat and dairy, i only eat it if i know how it was raised and where it came from. Most animals that are raised for commercial meat are treated in horrible fashions and are forced to take antibiotics because of the living conditions that surround them. I like to know that the animals i am eating have been raised in an ethical manner and have been fed grass instead of corn and animal byproducts.

As for dairy, we only drink raw goat's milk and cows milk that we get directly from the farm. No puss, hormones, antibiotics or other gross stuff . Plus the goats are so cute and we can go to the farm and help out with raising them!

I only eat wild caught fish as well because of how farm raised fish are produced. No franken fish for me thank you!

Bonus Q:

Chocolate?

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)

I try to stay away from overly processed junk, if it has more that 10 ingredients and they aren't simple/whole foods I eat very little of it if any. Overly greasy foods unless fried in vegetable or peanut oil. Other than that I eat just about anything

Stuff with to much nitrates/preservatives will give me headaches, they have since I was a child. Greasy food fried in certain oils can make me violently ill, I think my gull bladder is messed up lol.

Bonus Q:

No food is bad, just some or better for you than others. If I absolutely want something I will make room for it in my meal plan (I hate the word diet, so misused anymore) but limit portions. If I want some pizza or fried chicken (I make this myself) I will eat it, my stomach may not agree with me later though

The most common though are drinks like soda and energy drinks, I limit them to one serving a day. I am not a big fan of artificial sweeteners so they are full calorie versions unless sweetened with small amounts of sucrose.
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting answers in here!!

I guess I might as well answer them too:

Processed stuff! I try to eat as "earthly" as possible. That being said, I won't eat processed sugar, but I will sometimes use sucanat in my baking, and I use 100% pure maple syrup and raw honey (in moderation) for some things.

I completely eliminated soy and artificial sweeteners.

I don't eat candies. Ever. Not even during cheat meals.

No sodas. I've been soda-free for over 5 years

NO fast food. Ever. I hate fast food with a vengeance. Tastes disgusting anyway.

Sweeteners because they make me feel like crap and they're just chemicals anyway, and soy because of the negative effects it has on my body.

I don't eat processed things because..well...it's processed. I like what I ingest to be as nutrient-dense and good for me as possible. No pre-made freezer foods and that sort of thing.

Candies...I don't even like them, and it's just pure sugar anyway. Same goes for soda. Empty calories.

Like I said, I don't really consider anything "bad". I label foods as:

- Nutrient dense/filling/beneficial to my health

- Empty calories/not so filling/addictive/little to no nutrition

I eat a ton of fruit. A lot of people shy away from this, I don't. I eat honey. I eat butter. I eat cheese. I eat white potatoes.

And I have some sort of banana bread, date squares, apple cake, or other sort of baked goods every morning for breakfast. Enjoying life, getting stronger, staying lean! Works for me!
    ^_^

nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bonus Q:

1) All Meat (including fish) and as much dairy and animal by products as possible.

2) I enjoy the health benefits and cruelty free vegetarian lifestyle

3) "bad foods"....i indulge in Rice Works chips in Sweet Chili flavour once a month or so (whoo PMS cravings!). Other than that, my protein powder is chocolate flavour so it satisfies most sugary/'bad' cravings. Oh! and I def treat myself to yam fries every once in a while

happynsweet77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) happynsweet77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bonus Q:

1) & 2) Fried foods, super hot (spicy) foods , Pringles -> aggravate my IBS (hot & spicy). Pringles because I am the person they market to - once I pop, I can't stop. And heaven forbid I hit a $10/10 sale, cuz you know all I'm eating for the week are pringles.

3) Pepperjack cheese, pepperoni pizza, cheeseburgers, cheesesteak, ..... somehow cheese will always find it's way into my diet plan

Kramer526 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I try to stay away from artificial stuff and stuff that has been really processed down like sugar and white flour. There's no getting away from eating some of it if you want a level of convenience, like protein drinks for example have artifical sweeteners, but I usually just try to eat all whole foods and use protein shakes when I need them most. Besides that I eat a lot of chicken, lean red meat, fish, eggs, whole wheat bread and pasta, fruits vegetables,. Since I'm naturally endo I eat most of my foods that are complex carbs early in the day, then switch to basic stuff like vegies and fruits later and then eat nothing 2 hours before bed, then a casein shake right before I go to sleep.

For bad foods I usually eat buffalo chicken and fries like once or twice a week. Has been my favorite food since elementary school. It's at least better than getting fast food fried stuff since I pull all the grease and stuff off it once it's done cooking and don't add a ton of salt.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Bonus Q:

1. yes.

2. oysters. i hate oysters. slimy snot of the sea . . . *puke*

also, i'm not a big fan of hamburgers, french fries, potato chips, salted nuts. no sugared drinks either. i don't consume them, not 'stay away' from them.

3. pretty much everything else goes on a quite regular basis - candy, bread, booze etc.
    i haven't bothered to fuss about food in ages.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Yes, but not because of nutritional value.

I don't eat fish, hot dogs, brats, bologna, asparagus, brussel sprouts, cabbage (among other things) because I don't like the way those foods taste. I only eat things I like.

Bonus Q:

Pizza, chicken sandwiches from Chik-fil-A (classic, not grilled), chocolate, and milkshakes. I also regularly consume stuff like breakfast cereals (like frosted mini wheats and raisin bran) as well as things such as graham crackers and granola bars. I don't believe in good food vs. bad food. I eat enough whole foods to get all the nutrition I need, while making room for the "fun" stuff. I'm healthy, fit, and never feel deprived so my method has worked for me.
    Last edited by heidismommy; 07-19-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000)

Bonus Q:

1. -Pork. The only time I ever eat any product from a pig is if I'm at someone's house and they're cooking dinner for me.
    -I also don't drink milk, but I do eat milk products. I'm trying to cut them out slowly though.
    -Fast food. Now what I mean by fast food are chains such as MacDonalds, BurgerKing, A&W's, Taco Bell, etc. I still go to Pita Pit and Quiznos though; I think its a lot better to eat a pita on whole wheat with a lot of veggies than a big mac with fries.
    -I never used to eat red meat, until my BF and I started cooking more. He could eat beef every day, and I could eat chicken everyday, so we've compromised.

2. -Don't eat pork because of the bad things I've read about it in Kevin Trudeau's book, "Natural Cures: What THEY Don't Want You to Know!". Luckily I'm not to keen on it anyways.
    -Don't like milk. I also have read about all the hormones and crap that's in it. I know, sounds pretty bad considering I eat cheese and icecream. But, like I said, I've been cutting it out.
    -Greasy fried food doesn't much appeal to me, and it's not good for you.
    -Never really liked red meat. When I was little, my mom always cooked chicken or turkey because she couldn't eat any red meat since she had her gall bladder removed. I find that the stuff leaves me feeling heavy and gross.

3. Hmm...I eat a lot of peanut butter...probably too much! But actual "bad foods" would probably be greasy appetizers when I go out for supper. I also love baked treats like cake and cookies, but I don't eat those as much as I used to.

Oh..and I also don't drink pop or juice. Just water and tea for me!
    Last edited by nea_lin; 07-19-2010 at 01:02 PM.
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude, playin' a dude, disguised as another dude!"

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Linds33 View Post
    Bonus Q:

Chocolate?
    Haven't they done studies revealing that chocolate has health benefits? lol

Dark Chocolate I think is the one with antioxidants?...so we can feel a little guilt free if we choose that one.

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I stay away from stuff I don't like.

Why? Because I don't like it. Duh.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes - mostly because if something isn't 'nutritious' I have to really like it to eat it... consequently, if it's processed and crappy and I only feel 'meh' about, it's not worth it...
    Things like muffins, pastries, and pop. Even when I'm treating myself to a dinner out, I'd MUCH rather have fine dining type of foods than quick, convenience, crappy foods (with the exception of pizza... hehe). To me, a nice dinner out with a glass of wine is much more satisfying than eating the cookies or muffins sitting around at my office, for instance.

Bonus Q:

PIZZA... seriously... there's almost nothing else I'd rather have. I often make my own 'version' with oats/egg whites as a crust but sometimes nothing beats the real thing!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Haven't they done studies revealing that chocolate has health benefits? lol

Dark Chocolate I think is the one with antioxidants?...so we can feel a little guilt free if we choose that one.
    I don't think you should have "guilt" about eating anything in the first place!

I indulge regularly in dark chocolate. I don't make it my primary source of dietary fats, but I eat it.

Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    I stay away from stuff I don't like.

Why? Because I don't like it. Duh.
    I like this answer

Originally Posted by vanillabn
    PIZZA... seriously... there's almost nothing else I'd rather have. I often make my own 'version' with oats/egg whites as a crust but sometimes nothing beats the real thing!
    LOL, oats/egg whites will never taste as good as real pizza.
    ^_^

XoxoRunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XoxoRunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XoxoRunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XoxoRunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XoxoRunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XoxoRunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XoxoRunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) XoxoRunner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1. I stay away from potato salad and stuffing....
    2.... because they have way too many calories in them!
    3. I'm horrible when it comes to ice cream... if I buy a container of mint chocolate chip on Friday afternoon, it'll be completely gone by sunday afternoon! ;-)

msbeeblebrox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1) Are there certain foods you stay away from entirely? What are your reasons for keeping away from them?

I stay away from white breads and white pasta, although I've eaten pasta at restaraunts occasionally since implementing that rule. I don't drink soda, at all. Also, I avoid ingredients more than foods - specifically artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup. The white breads are just associated with bad cravings for me, so I'm better off if I avoid them entirely. The sweeteners tend to give me more sugar cravings, and headaches.

I eat pizza about once a month. I don't really consider any foods "bad foods". I don't eat a lot of junk food or a lot of fast food, but that's because I don't really crave it. If I want something, I generally just eat it. It never tends to be that big of a deal.

fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnessfreak88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post

I don't eat fish, hot dogs, brats, bologna, asparagus, brussel sprouts, cabbage (among other things) because I don't like the way those foods taste. I only eat things I like.
    You don't like brussel sprouts? I LOVE them! They are one of my fave veggies, although I often only eat them at Christmas! I also love cabbage, either in stir fries or to make some kind of bubble and squeak thing- guess that is probably a UK thing though!

I am a vegan for ethical reasons so avoid meat, fish, eggs, dairy and any products containing them. Aside from that, I hate raw tomatoes so don't eat them unless cooked but that's it!

I am currently recovering from and ED so there are some foods I am a little less comfortable with but I'm working on it!