Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Help with New Chest Workout!

To start off, my chest workout is something that I've always been hesitant to change. I know you're supposed to switch up your workouts every 3-4 weeks or something, but I've always had great results doing what I did, so the change has always been minimal.
    First, I'll tell you that I'm 5'10, 196lbs currently. I got to 220lbs at one point, but I wanted to get a lot more shredded rather than have so much size. I'm still looking to cut about 6-10 more lbs, while keeping some muscle mass.
    Keep in mind, I currently do

Chest/Tris - Day 1
    Back/Bi's/Forearms - Day 2
    Shoulders/Traps/Legs - Day 3
    The rest days usually alternate, depending on how I feel.

My current chest workout is this.

Bench Press - 3 x 10-12, each set super set with
    Flat Bench DB Flies - 10-12 reps
    Incline DB Press - 3 x 10-12, each set super set with
    Incline DB Flies - 10-12 reps
    Decline Bench Press - 3 x 10-12, each set super set with
    Decline DB Flies - 10-12 reps
    I then move on to triceps, which start with
    Close Grip Bench Press - 3 x 10-12
    Overhead DB Press/Extension - 3 x 10-12
    Triceps Pushdown - 3 x 10-12
    Dips - 3 x failure

Keep in mind, Im trying to keep the majority of muscle mass while trying to cut 6-10 more lbs. I just really need to open my mind a bit to a different chest workout.
    Thanks.

devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devotchkas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Paytheplayer View Post
    To start off, my chest workout is something that I've always been hesitant to change. I know you're supposed to switch up your workouts every 3-4 weeks or something, but I've always had great results doing what I did, so the change has always been minimal.
    First, I'll tell you that I'm 5'10, 196lbs currently. I got to 220lbs at one point, but I wanted to get a lot more shredded rather than have so much size. I'm still looking to cut about 6-10 more lbs, while keeping some muscle mass.
    Keep in mind, I currently do

Chest/Tris - Day 1
    Back/Bi's/Forearms - Day 2
    Shoulders/Traps/Legs - Day 3
    The rest days usually alternate, depending on how I feel.

Dips - 3 x failure

Keep in mind, Im trying to keep the majority of muscle mass while trying to cut 6-10 more lbs. I just really need to open my mind a bit to a different chest workout.
    Thanks.
    First of all, I would have set in rest days. Rest days are really important and you should plan to have >2 a week in my opinion. I would personally split it up into a 4 day split, have shoulders and traps on their own day and legs on another. Otherwise that part looks good. As for your chest workout, there is WAY too much volume. You don't need to do a press on flat, incline and decline and you certainly don't need to do flyes for flat, incline and decline. I would either do Flat Bench Press w/Incline Flyes or Incline Bench Press w/Flat Bench Flyes. You don't need any more than that! And I have never found decline press to be effective, and dips work the same muscles and I would choose dips over decline press any day. Also, you only need 1-2 exercises for triceps and my personal favorite are close grip bench press and skull crushers. I definitely like that you've chosen to do only 3 sets for each exercise, you don't need any more than that, but I would cut the rep range to under 10 for sure, preferably closer to 7-9, and some people might even say (because you seem like somewhat of a beginner) to stick with an even lower rep range of under 6, and I have chosen the rep range of 7-9 simply because it is what works best FOR ME. So from what I have said and what you have posted, a better chest day would be this:

Superset:
    Flat Bench press- 3 sets of 7-10
    Incline Flyes- 3 sets of 7-10

Dips- 3 sets of 7-10
    Close Grip Bench Press- 3 sets of 7-10
    Skull Crusher- 3 sets of 7-10

I know this probably seems like doing hardly anything, but I promise it will be more effective than what you are doing. Because you are cutting the volume down you lower the risk of over training and you will be using more weight. I really hope this helps and if I can provide you with any further information please let me know.

Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Paytheplayer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks your your response. All the help I can get is appreciated.

I wouldn't say I'm a beginner. I've been working out for years. I just approach the forums as if I'm a beginner so I can take in all of the knowledge, and keep a very open mind.
    The problem is just that I've loved my chest workout and the gains for so long, that I was afraid to step outside of the box. It's always been easy for me to gain, so I'd say I'm somewhat new to cutting. But I understand the nutrition and cardio aspect.

For rest days, I usually have set rest days after day 3. So every 3 days I'd rest, maybe 4.
    They usually just alternate depending how I feel.

The one part you touched on, the flies, I actually was wondering about. I was curious if all of the flies sets I was doing were necessary. In my mind I actually felt it was helping for definition for incline - upper pecs, decline - lower pecs etc.
    I had a feeling it wasn't.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know you're supposed to switch up your workouts every 3-4 weeks or something,
    No, myth, consistency rules ( or at least does for me, and I suspect it would for others but they'll never know because they hear the myth and can't resist all the flashy media for things like P90X ).

Dips - 3 x failure
    I'm not a fan of your training. Everything in the 10-12 rep range? I can see for accessory work, but that's it. AND you're super setting them, NO. ( NO NO NO ). You do THREE TYPES OF FLIES! ( craziness ).
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    I'm not a fan of your training. Everything in the 10-12 rep range? I can see for accessory work, but that's it. AND you're super setting them, NO. ( NO NO NO ). You do THREE TYPES OF FLIES! ( craziness ).
    The 10-12 rep range was basically to help keep strength, while trying to cut too. I made sure my 10-12th reps were basically failure.
    The supersets were to help add to my cutting, but Im realizing now that I had too many fly sets.
    I just want help on a new workout so I can step outside of the box a bit.
    I want to keep strength, and the majority of muscle mass, while cutting the last few pounds.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I want to keep strength, and the majority of muscle mass, while cutting the last few pounds.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...ss-part-1.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...ss-part-1.html
    "Worrying about GI is a waste of time & energy." - Alan Aragon.

JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000) JetLife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try dumbbell press but as a 3 count exercise. 1 on the left 1 on the right and then press both, that'll count as one rep.

mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrvnplcs1008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My chest day looks like this:

Incline BB 3-5 sets
    Flat DB 3-4
    Weighted Dips
    SS w/ Cable cross 3-4
    DB Pullovers 3

Sometimes I'll throw in Incline Flyes

Would it be better if instead of supersets with flies, I just did a drop set for the chest sets?
    Or would that still be considered a bit too much?

It's easy for me to switch up any other body part workout, but I have a hard time doing it for chest.