jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)

leg press- foot/arch pain

when i use the leg press machine (might be called a sled?), i get bad foot pain in my arch. i could do a few more reps, but it's that arch pain that i can't take any more when i need to stop a set.

is this because i am using the wrong part of my foot? i try hard to focus and drive with my heels, but i imagine that some of the force is hitting in my mid foot.
    should i go down in weight to be 100% sure ALL pressure is only in my heels?
    Mom to four and always getting stronger!

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you have the same problem while doing squats?
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10) cherilee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jagadzie View Post
    when i use the leg press machine (might be called a sled?), i get bad foot pain in my arch. i could do a few more reps, but it's that arch pain that i can't take any more when i need to stop a set.

is this because i am using the wrong part of my foot? i try hard to focus and drive with my heels, but i imagine that some of the force is hitting in my mid foot.
    should i go down in weight to be 100% sure ALL pressure is only in my heels?
    I have this same issue with the leg press as well. Also the calf sled when I do calf raises. I had plantar fasciitis a couple of years ago, and the arch of my right foot never really will be the same. The tendonitis is easily reawakened if I'm not careful. Not sure what it is about the leg press machine but it must be stressing the arch somehow.

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hmm... what kind of shoes are you wearing?

if they're smushy soled (like regular tennis shoes or running shoes) as opposed to flat soled, you may be introducing some instability to your pushing platform rather than with something like chucks that give you a flat sole... and that instability could be aggravating your foot? Maybe?
    -

jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it does not happen when i do squats. i do not squat as heavy though. i sprained my SI joint and ahve to take it easy on deads and squats. my doctor told me to do one leg squats instead (LOVE THEM) and the leg press machine for a while, or if i insisted, to keep squats/deads very light and super controlled.

so this foot problem- they are my regular gym shoes. i dont know if they're considered "running shoes" or just all purpose. there is SOME padding/give/cushion on the bottom, but not much... weird. do you think this is damaging to my feet to the point of ... stopping? just doing lower weight?...
    Mom to four and always getting stronger!