scking007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Test levels vary with menstrual cycle?

Ok, so I'm a man, but I am curious if test levels vary in a woman's body during their menstrual cycle. I don't want to come off as an ass, but as a man generally I would think T levels would be highest during PMS? I'd really like to see a graph of T-levels vs mestrual cycle. I ask only because my girlfriend doesnt seem to get PMS... she is normally really pissy before her ovulation. Does this make sense? She also has a polycystic ovary disease, and claims it messes with her hormones. I'm just trying to make sense of all this in a scientific way because of my analytical engineer brain.

cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cycc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey buddy,

i am not really sure,
    as i would also love an answer to this question!

thank you
    and good luck

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So what you are saying is that since men ALWAYS have higher levels of testosterone to estrogen you guys are just pissy in general, right?

It's the other way around (estrogen, progesterone and copper all are at their highest right before TOM). What happens to men when they take steroids? Estrogen levels go up. What happens to their demeanor? Yeah. Maybe you shouldn't mess with gf when she's PMSing.

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    So what you are saying is that since men ALWAYS have higher levels of testosterone to estrogen you guys are just pissy in general, right?

It's the other way around (estrogen, progesterone and copper all are at their highest right before TOM). What happens to men when they take steroids? Estrogen levels go up. What happens to their demeanor? Yeah. Maybe you shouldn't mess with gf when she's PMSing.
    ^this! when she's PMSing just give her chocolate and run for cover lol!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

scking007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Then I'm completely confused, cause she doesn't PMS right before her period. Usually shortly after her period she's all moody, "Post-menstrual Syndrome". I haven't noticed any complaints about cramps or anything, usually just moody. Quick google search just showed me Post-menstrual syndrome as a real thing. Still would be interested in what is going on at the hormonal level graphically though!

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by scking007 View Post
    Then I'm completely confused, cause she doesn't PMS right before her period. Usually shortly after her period she's all moody, "Post-menstrual Syndrome". I haven't noticed any complaints about cramps or anything, usually just moody. Quick google search just showed me Post-menstrual syndrome as a real thing. Still would be interested in what is going on at the hormonal level graphically though!
    Pre and post are both caused by the same kinds of imbalances. It's the estrogen to progesterone that's blamed. They think some women may actually be allergic to progesterone their own bodies produce. So maybe if her estrogen is falling rapidly post-cycle and progesterone isn't? Hard to say and I don't think "science" is entirely sure what's going on. There's just ideas. But you know how to google.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Pre and post are both caused by the same kinds of imbalances. It's the estrogen to progesterone that's blamed. They think some women may actually be allergic to progesterone their own bodies produce. So maybe if her estrogen is falling rapidly post-cycle and progesterone isn't? Hard to say and I don't think "science" is entirely sure what's going on. There's just ideas. But you know how to google.
    PMS = Prepare More Sammiches.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    PMS = Prepare More Sammiches.
    You make the best sammiches, DD1.

Green and Gold Baby!! NetworkPro's Avatar
    NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000) NetworkPro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by scking007 View Post
    Ok, so I'm a man, but I am curious if test levels vary in a woman's body during their menstrual cycle. I don't want to come off as an ass, but as a man generally I would think T levels would be highest during PMS? I'd really like to see a graph of T-levels vs mestrual cycle. I ask only because my girlfriend doesnt seem to get PMS... she is normally really pissy before her ovulation. Does this make sense? She also has a polycystic ovary disease, and claims it messes with her hormones. I'm just trying to make sense of all this in a scientific way because of my analytical engineer brain.
    A little health 101 for this gentleman:

Ovulation occurs the day which the ovum, (egg), drops into the fallopian tubes and can be fertilized. It’s not the “menstruation” or “PMSing”. It’s when your girlfriend is fertile, so to say. An indication of ovulation can be a spike in core body temperature several degrees as the hypothalamus (thermal regulator of the body) is releasing hormones to drop the ovum.

PMS is the period of time where the progesterone hormone spikes in the body estrogen hormone drops from the ovulation spike. When progesterone levels are dominant, the typical feelings of depression will occur and when estrogen levels are the dominant hormone, typical feelings of anxiety will occur. This is why women often time appear to have mood swings – but it is their bodies reactions to the hormones in their body.
    Menstruation (or when she is on her “rag”) is when the female body’s hormones are leveling out. She might still experience minor fluctuations in her hormones with the same side effects.

I think that labeling her mood swings as testosterone is a falsity. It’s the progesterone and estrogen levels that cause her to have the mood swings (unlike us guys that have testosterone cycles in our bodies that cause us to have mood swings).
    I have a good friend who also had polycystic ovary disease. This disease affects 10% of women and is a result of high estrogen levels and with low progesterone levels. This means that the follicles (pre-ovum) are never release due to the progesterone being trumped by the estrogen, and the follicle attaching itself to the ovaries. This follicle becomes a cyst.
    They have medications that will help regulate your girlfriend’s hormone levels. If she wants to have children someday I would recommend her looking into this. So when your girlfriend is saying she is moody during ovulation, it could be anxiety from the high estrogen levels and can throw the entire cycle of hormones and emotions into a different swing.

So is it possible? Yes. I could use a lil rep for this one
    “People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

—–XXX—– Always
    —XX—XX—
    —XX—XX—
    —XX—XX— Driving
    —-XX-XX—-
    —–XXX—–
    —-XX-XX—- Me
    —XX—XX—

WMB - (1.9.52 - 9.8.10)