MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat form question

I posted a video of myself squatting a while ago to try to fix my form, and I feel like that really improved my form. I lowered my the weight I was using to fix it, and I believe it has helped. I'm back up to 185lbs for a 5x5 and recorded it. The only thing I personally saw was that I look quad dominant. If you guys see anything I should fix, or if it looks good please let me know. Thanks, any advice is appreciated!

jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000) jonmd123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What percentage is that of your max? If it's heavy for you, the form is pretty good. If that is relatively light, I would want to see you sync your hips with your knees a little better. Basically, your knees are extending before your hips, causing you to fall forward. Feel free to browse my YouTube page and website, I have quite a few posts on the topic...or just PM me.
    www.dreesperformance.com

Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50) Laygow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I recorded my squats for the first time today. I was somewhat apprehensive as to what my form actually looked like.

Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad. It actually looked quite a bit like op's. I was feeling kinda weak today and I noticed that when coming out of the bottom of the squat my hips came up a little too fast. Very similar to ops squats.

Is this a sign of a glute/ham relative weakness?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep your upper back tight, OP. Also stop looking straight ahead. Your head should be in line with your spine. Look at a point on the floor 5-6 feet in front of you.

Originally Posted by Laygow View Post
    I was feeling kinda weak today and I noticed that when coming out of the bottom of the squat my hips came up a little too fast. Very similar to ops squats.
    Is this a sign of a glute/ham relative weakness?
    Could be bad technique or weaker quadriceps. Your glutes and hams are stronger in comparison which is why they take over. Start doing the front squat.

danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100) danceaholic is not very well liked. (-100)
    hi,

based on what I saw it's easy to see that you are too shallow to properly activate your hamstrings fully. go deeper

as for your forward lean, and toes out, that's good to activate the glutes more, but I really think there are much more efficient exercises to go to for that, so just stick to toes forward, deep squat, and let the range of motion get the hamstrings and quads to engage. Squats are a leg exercise!

If you want to engage quads more, keep the chest upright, if you want the hamstrings more, stay leaning forward for as long as possible. Stay inside the squat rack so that if you bottom out and can't recover you have a catch. Don't be afraid to get your back completely straight and go as low as that will allow, while your knees point upward at the bottom of the squat.

happy training!

MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MinBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone for the replies, I'll use your advice when I squat on Monday.
    Originally Posted by jonmd123 View Post
    What percentage is that of your max? If it's heavy for you, the form is pretty good. If that is relatively light, I would want to see you sync your hips with your knees a little better.
    Last time I maxed a month or two ago, I was around 225. I'd imagine as I fixed my form a bit and have been seeing weight increases it is higher now, I'll be maxing out this week.

BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do what feels good for you and what enables you to effectively move the most amount of weight.

In my opinion everyone should form check themselves every once in a while just to see if it can be improved.