Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eh man I cant really relate alcohol wise, because I'm 19 and only been drunk 3 times. 1st time i puked all over my bed, and was sick for 2 whole days didnt drink for a year. 2nd time I drank but didnt overdue it when we went camping. 3rd time i was wobbling around, and drove home, couldn't recall the next morning how I got home feeling like ****. I imagine how I could easily ran somebody over possibly killed someone, which would end my life of where I want to go and be. I know what you are fighting through is much more severe. When I go out with my friends, they know I don't drink. If I'm peer pressured into anything, thats when I fight the most, don't like to be pushed around. My bestfriend also doesnt drink, he does on his birthday but doesnt really care for it. I'm prob missed out on some good times by not drinking, but I'm okay with that, because I know I would be worse off in the long run.

It may not be the samething, but I consider Fatty foods to be a drug.

Like how you know you can't just have 1. I feel that same way when I see fatty food. For example Chinese Food in the Fridge, I could just eat 1, and still be in my calorie intake. Why would I do that to myself, I've been doing so well. Its like if I eat just 1 wonton, Im failing myself, and I cant do that. When I go out with my buddies he gets 20 wings, and some cheese toast. I get 10 wings(this is my cheat day and still make my calorie intake), I wish I could eat all my friends leftovers, and I crave it. Gotta stay strong, I think putting myself in that situation every Wing Wednesday has made me stronger.

Thanks for sharing your journey with me.
    8/13/2009 212 Starting Weight
    12/18/2009 165
    10/01/2010 188
    12/29/2010 180

03/14/2010 183

Deadlift: 315x4
    Squat: 315x3
    Bench: 250x1

Total: 875
    Goal: 1000

TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ricky_k View Post
    bump for support.

Only read 1st post , if your doing good keep it up.

If not, get back on track its not lost yet.
    Still doing good and thanks. Yeah, I get a little long winded when I post in this thread , that should change though. I think I've covered all the bases

I think anyone that can relate will sit and read it all though.

Originally Posted by barkadark View Post
    Eh man I cant really relate alcohol wise, because I'm 19 and only been drunk 3 times. 1st time i puked all over my bed, and was sick for 2 whole days didnt drink for a year. 2nd time I drank but didnt overdue it when we went camping. 3rd time i was wobbling around, and drove home, couldn't recall the next morning how I got home feeling like ****. I imagine how I could easily ran somebody over possibly killed someone, which would end my life of where I want to go and be. I know what you are fighting through is much more severe. When I go out with my friends, they know I don't drink. If I'm peer pressured into anything, thats when I fight the most, don't like to be pushed around. My bestfriend also doesnt drink, he does on his birthday but doesnt really care for it. I'm prob missed out on some good times by not drinking, but I'm okay with that, because I know I would be worse off in the long run.

It may not be the samething, but I consider Fatty foods to be a drug.

Like how you know you can't just have 1. I feel that same way when I see fatty food. For example Chinese Food in the Fridge, I could just eat 1, and still be in my calorie intake. Why would I do that to myself, I've been doing so well. Its like if I eat just 1 wonton, Im failing myself, and I cant do that. When I go out with my buddies he gets 20 wings, and some cheese toast. I get 10 wings(this is my cheat day and still make my calorie intake), I wish I could eat all my friends leftovers, and I crave it. Gotta stay strong, I think putting myself in that situation every Wing Wednesday has made me stronger.

Thanks for sharing your journey with me.
    Thanks, and good analogy with the Fatty foods.

That's about where I'm at now. I'm back in the gym hitting the weights hard and researching my supplements and nutrition. I'm very motivated about it but I'm trying not to become obsesed. I have a very obsesive/addictive personality and as a result I'll usually burn my self out after a while. I'm trying to spread this one, my new hobby, out for the rest of my life.

Because of that, I have a different outlook on drinking in general. I know how it reduces my gains. Not only that but:

-It lowers testosterone levels and increases estrogen (this I can personaly attest to).
    -It negatively affects protein synthesis
    -It causes dehydration (not good for the muscles!)
    -It depletes the body of vitamins and minerals.
    -It increases fat storage and disrupts the Kreb's Cycle, which plays an important role in fat burning. (this I can also personally attest to).

So, what I have is a hell of a lot of motivation to stay sober even if just for muscle gain. I don't want to be waisting my time in the gym.

That said, my sobriety is not dependent on my training. I was't going to the gym for a good portion of the time that I quit drinking. It's only now that I've picked it back up again and I'm seeing major results, a lot more than when I was drinking. Energy, stamina, recovery, mental focus, and results have significantly improved.

TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000) TNetz is just really nice. (+1000)
    One more thing, if anyone reading this is drinking and struggling with weight loss I can tell you for certain, that if you quit the weight comes falling off. NO JOKE. It really does. It's nice not feeling my stomach rubbing against my shirt anymore .

barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10) barkadark is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TNetz View Post
    Still doing good and thanks. Yeah, I get a little long winded when I post in this thread , that should change though. I think I've covered all the bases

I think anyone that can relate will sit and read it all though.

Thanks, and good analogy with the Fatty foods.

That's about where I'm at now. I'm back in the gym hitting the weights hard and researching my supplements and nutrition. I'm very motivated about it but I'm trying not to become obsesed. I have a very obsesive/addictive personality and as a result I'll usually burn my self out after a while. I'm trying to spread this one, my new hobby, out for the rest of my life.

Because of that, I have a different outlook on drinking in general. I know how it reduces my gains. Not only that but:

-It lowers testosterone levels and increases estrogen (this I can personaly attest to).
    -It negatively affects protein synthesis
    -It causes dehydration (not good for the muscles!)
    -It depletes the body of vitamins and minerals.
    -It increases fat storage and disrupts the Kreb's Cycle, which plays an important role in fat burning. (this I can also personally attest to).

So, what I have is a hell of a lot of motivation to stay sober even if just for muscle gain. I don't want to be waisting my time in the gym.

That said, my sobriety is not dependent on my training. I was't going to the gym for a good portion of the time that I quit drinking. It's only now that I've picked it back up again and I'm seeing major results, a lot more than when I was drinking. Energy, stamina, recovery, mental focus, and results have significantly improved.
    I'm same way about becoming obsessive, with the workout, researching, and wanting to know more and more how I can become skinnier faster. Till I came to the realization, that this something I'm going to have to work at. I can't spend 5 hours a day at the gym and have immediate results. Gotta take it one hour at a time, and keep my diet/macros in check. When I first started I was doing 5 days a week, I got injured and brought it down to 3 days a week, cut back on my calorie intake while still hitting my macros.

I also did the same thing you did but with fatty food. I started eating healthy and didnt go to the gym for like a month. Once I jumped over that hurdle, I started going to the gym, been going for almost 2 months now. I have to re-adjust my diet tho or something I'm losing too much weight these past 2 weeks and Im afraid that some of it might have been muscle. Haha and about the belly not touching the tshirt... Yea Im due for a new wardrobe or maybe once I hit my target weight as a reward.
    8/13/2009 212 Starting Weight
    12/18/2009 165
    10/01/2010 188
    12/29/2010 180

03/14/2010 183

Deadlift: 315x4
    Squat: 315x3
    Bench: 250x1

Total: 875
    Goal: 1000

Right on! I hear ya. Keep it up. It's people like you and others that know what it takes to live life to it's fullest. It's having the discipline to tell ourselves no and keep our selves in check. It's a weakness that makes people go to one extreme or the other so we must stay strong. If not, we'll be nothing. Constantly complaining about the things in life we want to change and never doing anything about it.

Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dopeshow16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One more thing, if anyone reading this is drinking and struggling with weight loss I can tell you for certain, that if you quit the weight comes falling off. NO JOKE. It really does. It's nice not feeling my stomach rubbing against my shirt anymore .
    +1.....great job TNetz and good luck.

bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bjc12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    keep up the good work buddy. your doing great!

Reigning Pong Champion HappySnowBunny's Avatar
    HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Subbed, and will read all of it when the kidlet isn't badgering me to play candyland...again. Thanks for pointing me to this thread!
    Fe= Iron
    Male=Man
    I am Iron Man!

My all around awesome journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122223251

Originally Posted by HappySnowBunny View Post
    Subbed, and will read all of it when the kidlet isn't badgering me to play candyland...again. Thanks for pointing me to this thread!
    Awesome. I got pretty long winded so it might take a while to read .

...take care and don't be afraid to post your fellings, thoughts, and struggles, in here or in the other thread. Some of us get great motivation in trying to help others. It also motivates us to hear other people's struggles because we get a different perspective. Just remember we're all together in this.

Thanks for the support!

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well, as I said earlier, I recently totaled my car and was charged with OWI... I go to court on the 29th. I'm hoping for the best... Never been so nervous in my life. But I still have not been around alcohol, much less drank any, since it all happened. It's only been a month, but it's just the start. Feels good not drinking though. Glad things are still going well for you TNetz & everyone else.
    Everything depends upon execution; having just a vision is no solution.

Performance and performance alone dictates the predator in any food chain.

Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Metalbender00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome. I got pretty long winded so it might take a while to read .

...take care and don't be afraid to post your fellings, thoughts, and struggles, in here or in the other thread. Some of us get great motivation in trying to help others. It also motivates us to hear other people's struggles because we get a different perspective. Just remember we're all together in this.

Thanks for the support!
    I swear if i was not atheist, i would say amen...
    "If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
    --Jean-Paul Sartre

=Atheist Alliance=

Originally Posted by JMath View Post
    Well, as I said earlier, I recently totaled my car and was charged with OWI... I go to court on the 29th. I'm hoping for the best... Never been so nervous in my life. But I still have not been around alcohol, much less drank any, since it all happened. It's only been a month, but it's just the start. Feels good not drinking though. Glad things are still going well for you TNetz & everyone else.
    You're an insperation. Don't worry about the court date. Chances are you're going to go and find out that you have another one you have to attend. That's what they kept doing to me. You'll get through it though. Just don't make this experience go to waste.

Keep it up and fuel that fear/nervousness and turn it into anger towards alcohol! Don't lie to yourself like I did when I got my DUI. I ended up paying close to $4k in fines. I remember sitting in an AA meeting telling myself that I would never drink again because of how much it cost me. 4 months later I was drinking again and loving every second of it. Just remeber, it will catch up to you and I know you know this . I just feel better repeating my self haha. Anyway, you're on your way, you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Metalbender00 View Post
    I swear if i was not atheist, i would say amen...
    What, about the long winded part?
    Thanks, you know you're the man lol.

mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mickyb55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good thread here Tnetz ! Good story and keep it up ! I've been sober for 7 years and counting now. I was on a 20 year drunk after I lost my football career and 2 best friends in a car accident .. my friend was the driver and he was sober. The other fatality was the love of my life. I never got past losing her.

I got sober when a friend threatened to throw me out of his house. It was the only place I had left to go and if it wasn't for his wife sticking up for me and really helping me when I needed it most, I'm sure I wouldn't be alive today. It takes some guts to straighten up .. its easy to keep drinking .. easy to fall back. For me, it was the reality that I was 43 and spent 20 years feeling sorry for myself. I had no career, no job, no money and pissed off my whole family.

Well, after 7 years, I am happier then I have ever been and in the best place in my life. Hard to believe I let 20 years go disappear.

Anyway, keep up the good work ! We're all pulling for you !

Thank you for the support. It means a lot to hear a story like yours because it gives me hope. Not only for me but for my father. I know deep down I still want what's best for him.

Don't get me wrong, all of us that have quit here are going through a lot and like you said, it does take some guts. But, to hear it from somebody with a success story like yours is truely special. To me, in my experience of growing up around alcoholics and knowing them personally, I've had little faith that somebody can get there act together after such a long life of not.

All I can say to you is Wow.

As far as me. I feel like it's time to let this thread die for a while. By all means PLEASE post up if anyone of you feel the need. Somebody here, or myself, will offer our support. Feel free to send me a PM ANYTIME, even if it's just to check up on me. I'll always try to help anyone I can.

I feel more motivated than ever and I feel like there is no way that I'll ever go back to the old me. This thread has been unbelievable in motivating me through this tough time. I just feel like I need to take this thing on with the support of the people around me and try to not rely on the internet as my sole source of motivation. I hope that that makes some sense to you all.

Like I said, post if you feel the need to let your story be heard. Here or in anyone of the other threads. I'm not ending it, I'm just taking a healthy step back.

Thanks and God Bless if you have one. Also, if anyone is struggling please don't look past AA. It's there for a damn reason. I'm not sure why it gets such a bad rap sometimes. Take what you can and run with it.

Here's to a sober life... FOREVER!!!! No fawking way I'm screwing this up!!!

BTW, I just hit 305lb bench tonight. My best was 315 before I took a turn toward the booze. I see 450lb this time next year lol. It's a goal right...
    Last edited by TNetz; 10-12-2009 at 09:58 PM.
    http://www.nutritiondata.com/

"You have to stomp on the snakes head"

The stupidity of people comes from having an answer for everything. The wisdom comes from having a question for everything.

When the heart speaks, the mind finds it indecent to object.

blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blockmonkey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congratulations, I have 3 weeks under my belt, was heading for a year without booze but being made redundant in August scat me for six. Things you are not missing, the sweats, brain fog, anxiety, the embaraasing trip to the recycling plant with a boot load of bottles.

One thing to remember is no matter how much you feel you have it under control, you are only one drink away from becoming an alcoholic again.

all the best
    Aaron
    owe

ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironfreak1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am an alcoholic myself... but Im a different breed of alcoholic. I didnt drink everyday but everytime I did drink I didnt want to stop. I denied that I had a problem for a long time but it really started affecting my life. I have quit drinking all together and my life is much better. I am able to put more time, money and pride into my lifting. But I was unable to stay stopped on my own. I have support groups, a sponsor, and I attend several meetings a week... I actually enjoy them. Anyway, that's my experience.
    Well Wednesday was my first little challenge (my day off from the gym). The wife and I went to a mexican resturaunt/bar for dinner. I wasn't aware of the bar part until we got there. I will admit to thinking about a "cold one" with all that spicy food but I easily resisted the temptation. It felt good. It was something special to me to walk out of the place with out having drank a beer. It may sound weird but I felt like a "normal person". I think I can find some pride in that as time goes on.

Well it's Friday and this, tonight and tomorrow, will be my first real test since I haven't gone a weekend without drinking since, I don't remember when. I know I'll be pretty busy. I have a jeep hobby and I'll be fixing a few things tonight to prepare for tomorrow's events. I feel pretty confident.

A little introspect: I just want to clearify my intentions of creating this thread. I'm not typing any of this for any recognition or any attempt to draw any attention to my self. I'm here to record my thoughts on the subject and monitor my progress. Call it a journal if you will. I also hope to possibly help some others out there that might be reading. Feel free to post if you have gone through something like this or if you are now.

Also, a big thanks to those who posted above. It's not always easy to share personal information. *Any* input is welcome.

Thanks!

Edit: Mods feel free to move this if this section isn't appropriate. My goals are to have a healthier lifestyle and see the results in the gym.
    "In order to be somebody you have to stop being a nobody... you pick who you are going to be, your physique, your mindset, your motivation... so stop being a nobody. Step up and be somebody... take control.... BE A FREAK!"

patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patelucr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    One, young man, not reason to put yourself on blast on the board. In life, and in anything we do; we do to ourselves. Your personality and characteristic are of-course weak minded. Since you have no self control over substance abuse; which is far ok, since they're are many folks as yourself. Ever wonder how someone can just have one drink and be satisfied, while others need to get smash or drink til' a limit? Usually stems from personal and social issues that may or may not have been caused by your up bringing. Once you find the "why"; then you can start to control this behavior. Drinking was never bad; but people that can not use this drug properly falter.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

www.wigwammotel.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wigwammotel

Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Celph_Titled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good job brah, you can get more happiness from a great relationship with your wife than you ever did from drinking.

boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've also been avoiding drinking. This weekend will be the 4th weekend in a row I havn't drank and for the past few years it was an every weekend thing. Sometimes throughout the week. When I was younger it was just fun to drink every now and then, then it became like a way of life. If I was out on the weekend I was drunk and probably high on whatever I got my hands on. I really believe it started messing with my head. I'd get messed up, trip out on people for the dumbest **** and mainly just make myself look crazy. Last time I got drunk, I totaled my truck. Kinda makes you realize it's time to grow up. I turn 23 this month and I've partied my life away so far. I know alcohol doesn't mess with everyone like it does me but I guess some people just can't drink without taking it too far. I know I can't. But beside's all that, it's time to get in shape. I havn't drank or done any drugs in a month and I feel better both mentally and physically. I don't think I'll never drink again, but I deffinately won't let it become part of me like that ever again.

JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JMath has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by boogie102786 View Post
    I've also been avoiding drinking. This weekend will be the 4th weekend in a row I havn't drank and for the past few years it was an every weekend thing. Sometimes throughout the week. When I was younger it was just fun to drink every now and then, then it became like a way of life. If I was out on the weekend I was drunk and probably high on whatever I got my hands on. I really believe it started messing with my head. I'd get messed up, trip out on people for the dumbest **** and mainly just make myself look crazy. Last time I got drunk, I totaled my truck. Kinda makes you realize it's time to grow up. I turn 23 this month and I've partied my life away so far. I know alcohol doesn't mess with everyone like it does me but I guess some people just can't drink without taking it too far. I know I can't. But beside's all that, it's time to get in shape. I havn't drank or done any drugs in a month and I feel better both mentally and physically. I don't think I'll never drink again, but I deffinately won't let it become part of me like that ever again.
    Glad to see that you are aware of it. Even better to hear that you are committed to bettering yourself by not only drinking less, but also focusing on getting into shape. Sorry to hear about your truck... I totalled my car the same way about 6 weeks ago. All of the court stuff is still pending. It's good that you are making the necessary adjustments now before you get into any (or anymore) trouble.

Well, I said earlier that I was going to let this thread die. It seems from the pm's I've been getting that this thread has helped a few people so the last thing I want is to give up on anyone. I'll continue to update my progress like I originally said I would. I'm not out of the woods yet...

It's day 70 for me. I can't say that I've struggled any more than usual. I did cut back a lot on the NA beer. I haven't had one in about 2 weeks. Not by choice, it just happened that way. Where as before, in my first 2-3 weeks I was drinking them like a fish.

My mood has been pretty consistant. I did have one day last week where I felt board out of my skull but it went away after a good nights sleep. Just something to think about. Between work full time, school 3 nights a week, and the gym 4 nights a week I felt like I needed to have some fun because all of this "business" was killing me. Like I said though, after I got a good nights sleep that feeling went away.

I can't say that I've thought about alcohol all that much in the last 3 weeks or so. Don't get me wrong, it does creep its way into my mind every once in a while but for the most part he know's he's not welcome. If anything, my pride has shot through the roof, even though my sobriety is still very young.

One thing I'd like to admit is that my outlook on some things seems to be changing. I use to be the most left brained, closed minded SOB you'd ever meet but lately doors to the finer things in life seem to be opening. I'm beginning the appriciate the arts lol. I'm reading more books (by real authors this time), I'm watching better movies, and I even went to a god damn symphony last night .
    It might sound lame but I actually enjoy learning about this stuff. It would be nice to have a intellegent conversation with somebody someday, about things that I never even knew existed 2 months ago. There's actually a whole world out there lol.

Anyway, I hope anyone reading this will make the conection with what I'm trying to say here. Quitting drinking is changing my life, and I can feel the differences everyday. When I think back at all of the bullsh!t that I've been through because of alcohol, I feel like it was a different life. I feel like I wasted so much damn time that could have been used productively. I'd imagine I feel the same way an inmate might feel looking back at his time in prison. It was a fawking waste. Yeah, I held on to some things, like my wife, but damn it could have been soooo much easier without all of the stress and general BS I put us both through. It's so nice to look up and see the sky for once and know that I am in control again. I can actually have what I want now, without the fear of losing it all to some pathetic bottle of booze. I hope somebody here can relate, or will relate in the future.
    Last edited by TNetz; 10-24-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Glad to see that you are aware of it. Even better to hear that you are committed to bettering yourself by not only drinking less, but also focusing on getting into shape. Sorry to hear about your truck... I totalled my car the same way about 6 weeks ago. All of the court stuff is still pending. It's good that you are making the necessary adjustments now before you get into any (or anymore) trouble.
    x2

JMath, good luck next week.

Reigning Pong Champion HappySnowBunny's Avatar
    HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HappySnowBunny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm glad you're keeping this going. I know it's been a big help for me to read and know there are people who get it...

...struggling a lot over here so it's really great that there's still somewhere to 'go' to get quiet support.
    Fe= Iron
    Male=Man
    I am Iron Man!

My all around awesome journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122223251

Originally Posted by HappySnowBunny View Post
    I'm glad you're keeping this going. I know it's been a big help for me to read and know there are people who get it...

...struggling a lot over here so it's really great that there's still somewhere to 'go' to get quiet support.
    Thanks. Now you keep it going. It's my opinion that the beginning is the hardest part. I keep coming up with these goofy analogies so here's another one . Think of your sobriety as a train, like a choo choo train . In the beginning that train struggles to get moving. It's pulling and pulling as hard as it can. Then, as the train picks up speed the load becomes a little lighter, and then a lot lighter. Towards the end, the train has picked up a substantial amount of speed and that sucker is roaring along at breakneck speed, without the hint of slowing down. That's how I equate all of this. The key is to not crash the fawker.

I won't sit here and claim to be moving along at "breakneck" speed but the load is definitley getting lighter.

The stupidity of people comes from having an answer for everything. The wisdom comes from having a question for everything.

boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Damn man I mine was about 6 weeks ago too. I have court on Nov. 17th. I didn't get a dwi tho the trooper was actually pretty cool. I got about $500 in tickets tho.

FitWebDesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitWebDesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitWebDesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitWebDesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitWebDesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitWebDesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitWebDesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

I used to drink 3 to 4 days a week when I lived in Las Vegas. When you can get a beer at any hour of the day, it's hard to break the drinking habit!

Now I have moved away and drink once every few weeks. What has helped me a lot is to have a girlfriend who doesn't drink much. I also hang around with a new group of friends who don't drink all the time like my friends in Vegas.

I'm slowly losing my gut as the days go by. I don't look fat with my shirt on but I can't stand looking at myself with my shirt off. Just the fact that I haven't been able to fit into my favorite jeans for a long time gives me motivation to work out.

If you find yourself with too much time to party and drink then it's time to fill your schedule to keep yourself busy. Find a partner who will keep you accountable for the things you say and do. It helps out tremendously when you have someone pushing you to succeed.

Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marc_C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I drank 3-4 days a week, there was either no drinking or plastered drunk, there is no happy medium.

TNetz, thanks for the good luck wishes. In the last couple of weeks I was diagnosed with depression and was put on an anti-depressant. I probably should have gone in a year or 2 ago, but was not wanting to be put on meds, now I just figured any help I can get I'll take. Friday I also enrolled in an outpatient group that will hopefully help me out as well. Hope everyone is doing well!

TNetz, thanks for the good luck wishes. In the last couple of weeks I was diagnosed with depression and was put on an anti-depressant. I probably should have gone in a year or 2 ago, but was not wanting to be put on meds, now I just figured any help I can get I'll take. Friday I also enrolled in an outpatient group that will hopefully help me out as well. Hope everyone is doing well!
    Awesome! That's probably not the reaction you were looking for . Seriously though. I was against any medication for a long time until I realized something was seriously wrong with me. I knew the way I felt couldn't have been right so I went in to see the doc. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and put on meds. Now, looking back, I'm so glad I did because they fixed me right up.

I'd be interested in the correlation between alcoholics and mental health disorders. I'd imagine the majority of alcoholics suffer from some sort of mental health issues and don't even know it. My whole family is medicated for something or another and there's also a long history of alcoholism.

It sounds like you're taking all of the right steps. Good for you!

Awesome! That's probably not the reaction you were looking for . Seriously though. I was against any medication for a long time until I realized something was seriously wrong with me. I knew the way I felt couldn't have been right so I went in to see the doc. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and put on meds. Now, looking back, I'm so glad I did because they fixed me right up.

I'd be interested in the correlation between alcoholics and mental health disorders. I'd imagine the majority of alcoholics suffer from some sort of mental health issues and don't even know it. My whole family is medicated for something or another and there's also a long history of alcoholism.
    Hmm... Perhaps I can use that for a thesis for school. I was definitely against the idea of meds too. I'm hoping that they can put me in a better position to deal with the other problems in my life, including the alcohol induced problems I have going on now.

Glad to have you back in the thread. I wasn't going to let it die if you were going to be away for a while though.