SalamanderWay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lactose Intolerant help....

I'm lactose intolerant and I've been buying all sorts of Protein shakes. I choose the shakes with the "lactose free" labels. I know whey protein is derived from dairy but I still get cramps and bloating when I drink these shakes. I even use lactaid which eases some of the pain but it's still very uncomfortable for me to drink. After soo many products I just decided to use soy and egg protein shakes. But my previous whey protein supplement that gave me issues was Isopure.

After that being said, my question is: Am I having issues digesting these high protein shakes because I lack the enzymes to break the shakes down? Should I try using a Multi-Digestive Enzyme supplement when taking Whey Shakes? I'm 28 yrs old, I weigh about 138 - 5"10 and I'm trying to gain muscle mass but I keep running into issues with digesting with the high whey protein shakes.

thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get the lactose free milk to use to mix with the shake its worth the extra two bucks

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try pickin up some stuff called "Lactaid" they sell it at CVS is the enzyme lactose in a pill.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thauncle View Post
    Get the lactose free milk to use to mix with the shake its worth the extra two bucks
    Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    Try pickin up some stuff called "Lactaid" they sell it at CVS is the enzyme lactose in a pill.
    do you guys even read? lol

OP ever got any pure whey ISOLATE? look into all the whey, it tastes great and is pretty much lactose free. i am not lactose intolerant and even after going through 5lbs of isolate i had a shake of my normal blend and i got GI issues

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    have you tried a gemma(pea based) protein yet? LG Science's Lipotropic uses no dairy at all, vegan friendly, very low carb/fat and very potent with a very nice AA profile to boot. I'm currently going through a 5lb tub of the extra chocolate flavor. The taste is VERY different but not bad imo, some people can't stand it though. I'd definitely buy it again, the price is just right and it's a relatively fast absorbing protein.
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10) thauncle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I scanned it but missed Some key points.sounds like digestion issues maybe the dig. Em. Pills would help.

Originally Posted by Obnoxious123 View Post
    do you guys even read? lol

OP ever got any pure whey ISOLATE? look into all the whey, it tastes great and is pretty much lactose free. i am not lactose intolerant and even after going through 5lbs of isolate i had a shake of my normal blend and i got GI issues
    Originally Posted by wlknier View Post
    have you tried a gemma(pea based) protein yet? LG Science's uses no dairy at all, vegan friendly, very low carb/fat and very potent with a very nice AA profile to boot. I'm currently going through a 5lb tub of the extra chocolate flavor. The taste is VERY different but not bad imo, some people can't stand it though. I'd definitely buy it again, the price is just right and it's a relatively fast absorbing protein.

Nox, lol thx. But yeah I've tried pure whey ISOLATE to no avail. It seems that my body cannot break down the whey protein shakes. No matter what I try. I was hoping something like this might help:

Champion Presents: Digestive Enzymes from the bodybuilding dot com store (I cannot post links yet)

wlknier, that product looks like a good shake for me but I've seen soo many of those in the past that promise the same results but I am almost sure i'll have the same issues digesting that. But i'll consider it!! Thx.

I'm bringing this up now because yesterday I walked into a GNC and I told the fella working there my problem and he suggested Mutli-Digestion Enzymes. I do burp a lot but I'm no doctor. Do I have digestion issues? Will these enzymes help me breakdown and absorb these high protein shakes better? He said I lack the enzymes to that breakdown high amounts of protein. I just wanna check here before I hop onto another supplement. But I'd really love to hop on board with the regular folks and use the whey protein vs. the soy/egg protein shakes.

Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    what isolate did you use? some can say isolate but not be pure

Originally Posted by Obnoxious123 View Post
    what isolate did you use? some can say isolate but not be pure
    Isopure.