Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

A trainers blog:The start of a training career to the present day

The purpose of this post is to give an insight into what it?s like to become and to be a personal trainer. I plan on using this as somewhat of a blog, and after each day of training, plan on updating what the day was like. I see many people coming onto the forum, asking what it is like to be a trainer, how you do it, ect, and I think this can be a valuable tool for them to use, especially because I am JUST starting. I can tell the story start to finish (well, not finish!) and people can follow along, relate their own training stories, and have a good laugh at my mess ups! This is basically intended to be a story of my training career, in real time, as it happens.

I?ve been a member of bb.com for around a year or so. I joined originally as a weight lifting enthusiast, looking to learn more about a wide variety of topics (supplements, exercises, technique, ect) and found much more than that. At the time I joined bb.com, I was an international business major, not enjoying my schooling at all. I was what I considered ?lost? and could not bear to think of spending the rest of my life sitting in an office, but I really could not find another calling. That?s when I discovered the Personal Trainers forum.
    For the years I had been lifting/working out, I had always made it a point to encourage my friends and family to join me. After a while I would get the offhand comments of ?you should be a personal trainer man? or ?this is my trainer Kyle, haha?. I always laughed it off and continued on, but the more I thought about it, the more it hit me, why NOT a career in fitness? It?s what I love above all else, and is something I felt I would be extremely good at! This idea was reinforced after spending hours looking through the personal training forum on bb.com and seeing what other trainers had accomplished. After weeks and months of research, I decided to embark on a career/education change. I changed my major to exercise science, and began my ISSA certification program.
    I started my ISSA certification program in January, while on Christmas break. I was SO excited the day I got my text books and study materials, I could not wait to start! I dedicated several hours each day to my studies, and worked my way through the text book, taking notes on each chapter. I knew the notes may be unnecessary for the final exam, but I wanted to have the knowledge for further down the line. I went through the work book and passed my chapter tests one by one. In addition to this, I started independently reading fitness related books, magazines, articles, anything! I bought an anatomy and physiology text book from a local store, and started reading anything I could in my free time. As school kicked into gear, I slowed down slightly on my ISSA study time, but still managed at least an hour a night.
    Finally after studying and working, I got to my final exam. It consisted of multiple choice, true false, short answer, 6 case studies and two 12 week program designs. I worked diligently through the final, taking several weeks to check and double check. I was confident after a few days I had a high enough score to pass, but I wanted to make sure it was as good as I could make it. Finally, with many nerves, I submitted my final. Later that evening, I received an email with the words, in all caps ?CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 94% PASSING GRADE?. I was SO relieved and excited!! I ran around my room like a little kid, calling my friends and yelling into the phone that I was now a certified personal trainer. Little did I realize this was just the beginning.
    After school ended, I came back to my home in Ohio (I go to school on the East coast). I stayed at home for just a few days, before moving to Cincinnati, into a room I rented for the summer. I play on a semi-professional soccer team and driving 2 hours one way to practice was not very efficient. My goal for the summer, aside from progressing in soccer, was to get some experience training. I had worked with my peers at school, training a few of my friends, but I wanted real life experience. I was not too concerned about the money, more the experience.
    I started off searching the web for jobs. I found a lot of postings on www.craigslist.com under the fitness/spa category, and also found which gyms were hiring by looking at their websites. I first sent out a batch of roughly 25 emails to surrounding gyms, which included a 2 paragraph letter about myself and my intentions, and a copy of my resume. I got a few emails back but nothing major, and decided I needed to man up and start making phone calls. I sat down one afternoon, resume in hand, and started calling gyms. The first gym I called took my information, and I was very excited! The head trainer was supposed to call me that night, never did. Waited all next day, still no call. I realized I could not put all my eggs in one basket, and made more calls the next day. I set up my first interview at an Urban Active, man was I nervous! I practiced all day before, going over what I would say, how I would make myself appear suited for the job. I even went out and bought cloths just for the interview, khaki pants and a black, dry fit, Nike golf polo shirt (I looked sharp in my opinion!). I went to the interview with a small list of questions and two copies of my resume. I spoke with the head trainer for roughly 30-45 minutes, talking about my background, who I was, my training style, what I believed were effective training techniques, the gyms history and it?s background, and a few other topics. I felt it went very well for a first interview and was extremely optimistic! Unfortunately, I did not get a call back from them the next week.
    As disappointed as I was, I felt SO SO relieved to have the first interview over with! I now felt comfortable in my abilities to speak with a head trainer and no longer felt the need to hold back. I started making more calls, and soon had an interview at a different Urban Active. I came to this interview with the same approach as I did before, and had a fantastic interview. They invited me back for a second interview the following day, in which I was to put the training director through a half hour, full body workout. Talk about nervous! I worked from the minute I got home, until the minute I left the next day, making sure it was perfect! The next day, I went to the gym in my most ?trainer-ish? attire, black shorts, running shoes and a white dry fit Adidas shirt. I met with the head trainer and she informed me that a high school age girl that was shadowing me would also be going through the circuit! This threw me for a little loop but I was ready for a change of plans and had no problem incorporating her into the workout! Below is the workout that I put them through! ( we repeated each circuit twice)
    Circuit 1
    1a) Squats (while holding dumbbells at shoulder height) alternating with shoulder press, and back down. 12-10 reps.
    1b) Australian pull ups (wide pronated grip) 12-10
    1d) Back extensions on a stability ball 12-10 reps
    1e) Burpees(minus the push ups) 12-10 reps
    Curcuit 2
    2a) Dumbbell deadlifts alternating with calf raises 12-10 reps
    2b) Bicep curl on a stability ball to Arnold press 12-10
    2c) Resistance skull crushers (standing)12-10 reps
    2d) Box jumps 12-10
    Circuit 3
    3a) Bench dips 12-10 reps
    3b)Australian pull ups (closer supinated grip) 12-10
    3c) Alternating single arm chest press 10 reps
    3d) Walking lunges- 12 steps each leg
    As soon as we started, I felt at home and knew that this was the career I wanted to be involved in. It didn?t faze me one bit that two of the other high ranking trainers were watching the workout, I was in the zone and in my own world. I ran them through the workout and was happy to see that after only half an hour, they had both broken a good sweat. The trainer told me that I had done much better then she had anticipated and that for a first time trainer, I did very very well. I was so happy! I practically ran out of the gym!
    I heard back from them the next day, and they invited me on to the team! Because I am only in Cincinnati for the summer, I will be working with college students who are home for the summer, as well as people who purchase shorter packages, not the 6-12 month training programs. I will also be running a weekly bootcamp which I am very excited about!
    So that is how I have gotten to this point. I am going in tomorrow to fill out paper work, and am supposed to start working next week! I can?t wait!!!!!
    www.kylelongfitness.com

ISSA-Certified Personal Trainer
    ACSM-Certified Personal Trainer (In progress!)

The most important wealth is your health!

Is it wrong to be strong?

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

=D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000) =D is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed. Gl man

soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) soccerpro6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have my first real day at work today! I'm going in 3-8. I'm not working with clients today, just getting to know my way around the gym, shadow a trainer a little, learn the ins and outs of the gym, and start working on setting a schedule for the next few weeks.

I'll update afterwards, later this evening!

Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cheers man, am excited to read this. I am working on my ISSA cert right now so your a few months ahead of me

Hey guys, had my first day at work today!!

I went in thinking today was mostly orientation, but found out I would have 3 clients! The first was a 20 year old male who was in pretty good shape. He was a college student who had stopped playing soccer after high school and wanted to get back into game shape. I put him through a lower body circuit (he had done upper the day before) and also a core circuit, he worked hard and enjoyed the workout! He is coming back in Thursday to train with me. The second two clients were female. One was middle aged and the other was 22. The first woman I put through a mostly bodyweight routine because she was fairly new and it was kind of on short notice, so I improvised. She had a great workout and is coming back thursday as well. The third female I worked with did a progression circuit. Starting with 2 exercises, and adding 1 each time through for about 5 progressions, then a core circuit at the end!

Tomorrow I have 6 clients! I can't wait! I have a female at 4, then clients from 6-8:30! I am working on their workouts right now, so I will update tomorrow how it goes!

Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One question for you. Are you signing these people up for agreements or are they just random people who want workouts that day? Also, if you're not signing up for agreements, how much of a percentage are you taking home of their cost? Just trying to make sure you aren't getting ripped off. It seems a little odd that they are just throwing clients at you to be honest. But, since they are:

The biggest thing you can do is to sign people up for packages. You don't wanna be training one person one day and then another person the next without any commitment from them.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    One question for you. Are you signing these people up for agreements or are they just random people who want workouts that day? Also, if you're not signing up for agreements, how much of a percentage are you taking home of their cost? Just trying to make sure you aren't getting ripped off. It seems a little odd that they are just throwing clients at you to be honest. But, since they are:

The biggest thing you can do is to sign people up for packages. You don't wanna be training one person one day and then another person the next without any commitment from them.
    Thanks for the post! Basically the gym I work out offers mostly longer training packages (4-12 months). I am only going to be in town for the summer, so I am training the clients who are back home from school/shorter term (month or two). The trainees I have right now have purchased packages from the gym, and I will be training them throughout the entire summer. Most of them are commited to atleast twice a week and I will be getting into a more set schedule with them in the next week as I work with them more! I am getting 7$ for each half hour session I do, and can make my own schedule, so when i schedule them back to back, it's 14 an hour. There is a little down time, but I really don't have any obligations at the gym, other than training and seeing if I can sell packages (which I get 5% of any sales I make). I know it's not great pay, but like I said below, it's just a summer job and is more for experience than anything.

Today I have 6 clients, one session is two middle age women, and the others are spread out in terms of age/ability.

I'm really happy to have the first few sessions under my belt. This summer for me is more about experience than it is about money. Obviously making a good amount is always nice, but since this is a summer job and is my first training position, I think the experience is the most important part for me!

My workouts today for my clients are pretty varied. The two middle aged women are complete beginners, so i am going to make sure it is fun and they can interact a lot during the workouts, the other clients will get a mix of aerobic excercises (burpee's, ect) and resistance training, depending on their goals.

So far so good!!!!
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey man that is an awesome story. I am basically where you are before you began to officially study for the certification, been browsing the sites for over a year. Is this the certification you recommend?

Originally Posted by Diamhea View Post
    Hey man that is an awesome story. I am basically where you are before you began to officially study for the certification, been browsing the sites for over a year. Is this the certification you recommend?
    Hey!

Thanks for reading! As far as what certification you get, it really depends on how you learn and where you want to work. ISSA worked best for me because it allowed me to study at my own pace. I did not much background in exercise science, but ISSA taught me a great deal and I feel VERY comfortable as a trainer. That being said, ACE, NASM and ACSM are all great programs too, and tend to be accepted at a few more gyms. The most important thing a certification does for you (IMO) is it gets you the interview. After that, its up to your knowledge, people skills and how you present yourself. PM me for any info you would like on ISSA! I can give you more details on what its like if you want.

As an update to my thread, I had a good second day of training today! I did have my first training frustration!

The way my gym works, I schedule my own clients, and am only responsible for training, nothing else. That being said, I only get paid when I train! Today I had 7 clients scheduled, all back to back to back. So I got to the gym at 4, my first client did not come due to being sick, calling last minute. I then trained my next two clients, but then the next two both called and were in traffic and would be over 30 minutes late, so we rescheduled. After that I trained one client, and then waited 30 mins for the start of my last session, and as it was supposed to start, he called in with a family emergency!

so basically it was a boring day of sitting around in the gym! Haha but I still had a great 3 training sessions and got some great advice from fellow trainers! I learned how to take body measurements and how to properly conduct an initial assesment today as well!

Overall, fantastic start! I have around 5 clients tomorrow afternoon, and will update!
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

sdub89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdub89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdub89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Subbed, this is an awesome thread, I hope you keep this going the whole summer!

Originally Posted by sdub89 View Post
    Subbed, this is an awesome thread, I hope you keep this going the whole summer!
    I plan on it! I figure it's a good insight into being a trainer, since I am very new and still learning!

I have 5 clients scheduled tonight, 2 of them being a couple that will be working out together, and the other 3 are one-on-ones. Two of the clients tonight are returning for their second workout with me, so I can really start getting to work and pushing them toward their goals!
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update my day!

I had 6 clients today, had an extra one I brought on in the middle of the afternoon! Worked with people ranging from 20 to about 50. Did several variations of different circuits, and put a couple through a introductory type full body circuit to get a feel for what they enjoy doing, what they are capable of doing, ect, and set up a game plan for them to help them lose the extra weight they desire!

So far so good! I'm starting to build a decent client base, starting to understand everything better and I am learning a lot! Tomorrow I give my first client evaluation, basically an hour 1 on 1 with the person, discussing goals, taking measurements, ect, so that should be fun!

Loving every minute so far! Learning a lot and taking notes of anything I see going on! I always write down exercises I see others/other trainers doing to supplement my own workouts for my clients!

Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Hey guys, Just the daily update.

I am headin in to the gym 3-7 today. From 3-4, I am going to have a fellow trainer walk me through a client evaluation, showing me the ins and outs of taking measurements, and basically how to conduct the interview.

After that, I have a client at 4, and then my first client evaluation at 6! Looking forward to it. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50) gqgiant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    right on man! glad you're having fun with it. keep it coming

Nightly update!

Had another great day! A little more stress now that I am getting into the thick of things, but still not bad!

So far, my biggest frustration has been clients calling and either cancelling for the day or trying to reschedule later that day. Obviously i know things come up in peoples lives that are going to force them to alter plans, but it seems like it has happend alot! They always reschedule and come in later, its just annoying because I pretty much sit on my butt when I'm not training! So I try to always be training! I've been shadowing trainers in my free time to get more tips and experience, and also basically sit at a desk and watch trainers put people through workouts, and take notes on what they do.

I had my first client evaluation today. It went really good, I still have questions I have to ask a more experienced trainer on staff to make sure I did it properly. It was basically going over nutrition, calculating body fat, doing measurements, ect, so I just have to check to make sure I did everything right!

I've also been doing a lot of work outside the gym. Part of my duty to my clients is to provide them with workouts they can do on their own when they are not training with me, in order to help them with their progress. It adds up, having 12-15 clients after only 4 days, and having to create workouts for them in and out of the gym! But I love it! It's time consuming and can be annoying, but its SUCH a great experience, I'll learn a ton this summer!

Funny story of the day!
    Had a client asking me some questions about nutrition. I asked what his diet was like, and first, asked how many times he eats a day...his response "Once, at work I have a candy bar, maybe some chips and a sandwhich"....the client is 280lbs. I asked again "Well do you snack? Or tend to eat anything else during the day? By the end of the convo, it was up to "well I eat a couple peices of pizza, some ice cream every night, usually steak at some point, a burger for lunch, I like a big omlette for breakfast...." and on and on! It's shocking to me some peoples views on proper nutrition. I was asked today if eating fast food ONLY twice a day was ok and if drinking 4-5 20liter bottles of pop was ok a day. Priceless!

But thats why I am in the business! To help improve peoples lives through health

Only one client tomorrow, just a quick session and I'm done for the weekend!!!!

Kyle
    Last edited by soccerpro6; 05-29-2009 at 07:49 PM.
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

sdub89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdub89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdub89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Isnt it illegal to discuss nutrition with clients unless your specifically certified in nutrition? Im not a PT but I thought I read that on here.

Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tank1985 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Isnt it illegal to discuss nutrition with clients unless your specifically certified in nutrition? Im not a PT but I thought I read that on here.
    No I don't believe it is as long as the person is an "Apparently Healthy" individual and as long as your not telling them what they must eat...it's more or less your suggesting to them what their diet should consist of.....not entirely sure if I'm correct on that. Part of being a PT is educating a client on proper nutrition.

On the nutrition note,

We don't give specific nutritional information, more general suggestions in terms of what is healthy in terms of carbohydrate, fat and protein intake for an individual. As previously posted, we don't create any type of diet, eating restrictions or anything of that matter due to the fact that I as a trainer do not have the qualifications.

Only one client today, then two days off!

Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Hey guys! Here is today's update.

Went into work today, only had one client this morining. After that, I shadowed an AMAZING trainer at the gym for a few hours, watching his sessions and talking with him a lot. He has already taught me so much! Some interesting things I learned today from him:

1) The reason you don't want to eat 2 hrs (ish) before you engage in resistance training, is because your digestive system will collect large amounts of blood from the body, in order to digest food. This prevents a large quantity of blood from being spread through the body while you are lifting, thus resulting in lower oxygen levels being in the muscle.

2) I learned a good amount of exercises for people with lower back and knee problems.

Just two interesting points!

Super busy week next week! I have scheduled 4 client evaluations so far, and possibly will have 2 or 3 more! Then a large number of training sessions! Should be another great week! i'm learning a ton and having a great time!

Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Originally Posted by soccerpro6 View Post
    1) The reason you don't want to eat 2 hrs (ish) before you engage in resistance training, is because your digestive system will collect large amounts of blood from the body, in order to digest food. This prevents a large quantity of blood from being spread through the body while you are lifting, thus resulting in lower oxygen levels being in the muscle.
    Ive never actually been given a reason not to eat before a workout, other than puking it up. Learn something new everyday.

As far as the nutrition goes, you can give advice, but you CANNOT make them a complete diet, that's what im getting from that?

Ive never actually been given a reason not to eat before a workout, other than puking it up. Learn something new everyday.

As far as the nutrition goes, you can give advice, but you CANNOT make them a complete diet, that's what im getting from that?

Yeah, I had never been given a reason until I heard this, but it made sense! And I agree with the nutrition point, you just cannot create an entire diet!
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Morining update!

Heading into work at 5 this evening, I have a busy week!

Today I have a client evaluation from 5-6. I'm going in a little early because I still have some questions about the paper work I have to do for that. I wasn't really given much of an explanation on how to do any paper work so I have to ask another trainer a few things about it.

After that, I have my first bootcamp!! It's just a half hour class, and I am kind of planning to do the following:

Warm up:
    25 second jumping jacks
    6 bodyweight squats
    15 second mountain climbers
    Rest thirty seconds, then repeat one more time.

15 bodyweight squats
    8 burpees
    sprint up the stairs at our gym (3 small flights) and back down
    8 regular lunges
    10 push ups
    6 start jumps
    sprint up stairs and back down
    Rest 60 seconds

(we have an indoor track, 11 laps = 1 mile)

Line up on track (military style....bootcamp....)
    high knees for 1/4th the track
    butt kicks for 1/4th the track
    side shuffle 1/4th the track
    side shuffel other direction 1/4th the track
    6 Austraillian pull ups
    8 burpees
    Rest 90 seconds

20 second air bike
    20 second flutter kicks
    20 second russian twists
    body bridge 20 seconds
    rest 30 seconds
    Side of the foot touches 30 seconds
    hand slides (sit up position, hands on thighs, slide hands over knee caps) 20 25 seconds
    leg lifts 25 seconds.

Look ok? I'll add in more rest when needed, judging on how people look, but it's only half an hour so I really wanna kick their butts!

Also, if I finish and still have time left (which i doubt) i will repeat a little of each previous circuit, just bits and peices, to finish it off)

Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great enthusiasm in here, it sounds like you're really enjoying your work... that's what it's all about.
    If there's any one skill that I've seen in champions- people who have really achieved their highest desires- it's an unbelievable level of persistence. They'll change their approach as necessary, but they won't abandon their ultimate vision.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

For sure! It's a learning experience and it's already taught me alot. The biggest thing I have learned so far about being a new trainer is, if you don't know something, ASK! A lot of experienced trainers are very willing to help, whether it be with exercises, paper work, whatever it may be. New jobs are always kind of hard and awkward to start at, and it's a fast learning curve, but I'm figuring everything out!
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Time for the evening update!

Had a fantastic day at work today! I really feel comfortable now and feel like I belong!

I had a client evaluation, and took my first ever body measurments, bf %, ect, it went great! After that, I put the client through a tough workout.

Right after that, I had another client I ran through a workout, and then went straight into running my bootcamp! It was only 6 women tonight, but more have already signed up for next weeks. I did a brief warm up, then did the following:

15 body weight squats
    10 burpees
    30 second mountain climbers
    sprint up the stairs and back down
    8 lunges each leg
    20 second star jumps
    30 second body bridge
    sprint back up stairs
    lap around the indoor track (1/4th was high knees, butt kickers, side shuffle, run backwards)

Then I did a few mini upper body circuits that were fun for everyone, and ended with a core circuit!

Did a few more 1 on 1 sessions afterwards, and just got home! Busy day tomorrow, lots of client evaluations and lots of workouts!

Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Check out this post.
    Professional Fitness Trainer
    MS, NASM, NFPT

Originally Posted by dshinton View Post
    Check out this post.

There's the answer! Thanks Dshinton!
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000) ConLaV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Asking the right questions makes a huge difference in life, and the way you'll experience it. As in ANY new situation, I bet you've found it's just about being respectful and aware of the multitude of resources that are always available.
    If there's any one skill that I've seen in champions- people who have really achieved their highest desires- it's an unbelievable level of persistence. They'll change their approach as necessary, but they won't abandon their ultimate vision.

Team Norton

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Originally Posted by ConLaV View Post
    Asking the right questions makes a huge difference in life, and the way you'll experience it. As in ANY new situation, I bet you've found it's just about being respectful and aware of the multitude of resources that are always available.
    For sure! I think a lot of times, people are too hesitant to ask questions in life, regardless of what it's about!

Busy day today at the gym! A couple client evaluations, and a good number of sessions! Will report back later!

Kyle
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465

Hey guys! Update from last night!

Had a great night (other than getting my phone stolen off the track haha)

I had a busy day, about 7 clients! I had one that used to play soccer and was trying to get back into shape, so it was right down my alley! We did a workout on the track, consisting of a lot of lateral, front to back and quick movements, along with some explosiveness work, and some power movements. It was pretty brutal and he loved it!

Tonight I'm really busy! Clients from 5-9 straight so I am pretty excited! (only being half hour sessions, that means 8 clients in a row!)

Update you guys tonight!
    Kyle

P.S The head trainer told me yesterday for a first time trainer I am doing a really good job! Big time confidence boost!
    www.kylelongfitness.com

Current personal bests:
    Deadlift- 425
    Bench- 300
    Squat- 465