mkjaekmi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkjaekmi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkjaekmi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkjaekmi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

arms? twice or once?

Hey guys, I have a quick question. My arms are very improportionate with the rest of my body.

I do chest/biceps on monday and shoulders/triceps on tuesday. I'm wondering whats your take if I do extra biceps on thursdays and extra triceps on saturdays.

Basically my question is, would doing arms twice a week let me gain more mass on my arms than once a week or the other way around?

I would assume twice a week would be more beneficial, however than again 3 days might not be enough for your body to recover.

So whats your opinions?

Thank you

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do
    chest/tri monday
    back/bi teusday
    I only do the arm muscles lightly on those days
    then Friday I do a full arm day, bis tris forearms

LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LongLefty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mkjaekmi View Post
    Hey guys, I have a quick question. My arms are very improportionate with the rest of my body.

I do chest/biceps on monday and shoulders/triceps on tuesday. I'm wondering whats your take if I do extra biceps on thursdays and extra triceps on saturdays.

So whats your opinions?

Thank you

Depending on the intesity of your workouts that may be overtraining them. Personally chest is such a draining workout for me, I wouldn't be able to train biceps all that effectively after. I do back/tri's on same day, shoulder/tri's so I can train the arm secondly as heavy as possible. Good luck with your training.

Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xyphis is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you doing legs/back on another day, or just those two workout sessions?

It seems to me that if you are doing chest and triceps on alternate days you will have some crossover coverage of triceps, much like back and biceps.

I would say unless you are COMPLETELY satisfied with your other body parts, an equal workout for different parts should work for you. There are several good programs that do total body three times a week that should be well within your 18 year old "budget" of recovery. I'll leave it to the experts to say if a once a week body part program for an 18 year old is enough, but I would think you could up it a bit.

Good luck with whatever you choose. I'm sure they will all improve your arms. When I was 18 I did silly circuit workouts and STILL gained everywhere, LOL

aneas
    I train my arms hard one time per week. I also do 3-4 sets of each in total a second time per week.

I would not train chest/bi's and then shoulders/tris the next day. Your chest w/o also hits your delts and tris pretty hard. I would put at least a day between those.

mkjaekmi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkjaekmi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkjaekmi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mkjaekmi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    But my question is, If I do arms twice a week, would it be more beneficial or make my arms smaller then if I did it once a week?

thank you
    Last edited by mkjaekmi; 06-05-2009 at 10:24 PM.

aneas
    But my question is, If I do arms twice a week, would it be more beneficial or make my arms smaller then if I did it once a week?

thank you
    No one can say for sure.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

thank you
    My guess is that you can hit them twice a week, I do.

OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000) OZBB is just really nice. (+1000)

Looking at what you're doing, you're hitting you triceps twice a week already. When you work your Chest, your Triceps are being indirectly worked as well, then you're doing them again the next day with your Shoulders ......to do them again on Saturday would have your triceps being worked 3 times in a 7 day period. Too much IMHO......

The same goes for Biceps when you do Back (I'm assuming you're working your back at some point during the week). Your Biceps get worked along with your back exercises so you're hitting them mutiple times in the week already....

Stick to the old adage, less is more..... you could infact be over working the muscles and preventing them from growing..... muscles grow when rested, not in the gym...the weights provide the stimulus to grow, but the resting is when it happens.

My suggestion would be to switch it around and do "Triceps with Chest" and "Biceps with Back", then do another "Arm Day" on Friday or Saturday.... they'll get worked twice only as they do now, but have more time to rest and grow.

good luck,

OZBB
    Last edited by OZBB; 06-06-2009 at 03:10 AM.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

thank you
    Without seeing what you are doing (movements\sets\reps\weights) it is hard to say. Post your workout and people may be able to give you more help.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Basically my question is, would doing arms twice a week let me gain more mass on my arms than once a week or the other way around?

I would assume twice a week would be more beneficial, however than again 3 days might not be enough for your body to recover.

So whats your opinions?

Thank you
    Back in the day working each body part twice a week was the norm and we all grew. I have noticed over the last few years a shift towards once a week per body part (which I prefer now at 49 yrs old) but at 18 years of age I am sure you can get great results hitting your arm twice a week as long as you give them proper rest between those workouts and eat right. Good Luck!
    O35 5'8" Crew

Registered User BigSlick-------'s Avatar
    BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigSlick------- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think at your age you can hit them twice per week. I like to work biceps and triceps together, a lot of the time in supersets, alternating back and forth. You might try this, the theory is by doing this you pump more blood into the whole area, creating more growth.
    It will make or break you

boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boodog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do a arms on Mon. and Fri......I never ever go light.......rarely if I am too sore I will skip a day....