dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

squat lower back pain

Hi i'm 18yo and i've just taken a long break from squatting. 2 weeks ago I was squatting heavy/deadlifting heavy and i really messed up my lower back, i couldn't bend down or anything, so i took 2 weeks off and it recovered ( no lifting at all) then I starting squatting again , and took off over 80 pounds. The problem is, it doesn't feel right still. I still feel a little bit of pain right after squatting 130lbs, which was non existant a few months ago. Could I have injured my lower back permantly? What could have happened? I know the difference between soreness and pain, and it feels painful. I'm sure my form is right.

Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Minima has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are absolutely sure your forms is flawless and the pain disappeared after taking a break and reappeared when squatting again there can be some degeneration of your facet joints in the lubmar area (permanent). If you are 18 years old this is not very likely. The cause of pain may also be a sprained ligament, muscle tear, SI joint dysfunction etc. If I were you I would lower the weight until you can perform the exercise painlessly.

dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dude102 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    holy ****, is it possible to check for degeneration? now i'm worried....

Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Psylence is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Probably a muscle strain or herniated disc. Search some stretching exercises on google but if it doesn't improve you might need physical therapy (osteopath physio). If you want investigations you can get your doc to order you a ct scan which will show any disc problems. Something like 25% of adult population have chronic back pain so you don't want it for life, don't push yourself too hard until your back close to 100%.. remember to tense abs while lifting.

bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah im in the same boat as you, screwed my lower back deadlifting and scared it is a permanent prob (though i have no idea either way). mine happened sat and im still resting, but it is already feeling better, but still tender. how long did yours take to heal (no pain or strain while not lifting)? was it the full two weeks? good luck man, and let me know how it all goes for you.

thanks.

I would say the pain subsided after 3 weeks, and when i went back to lifting, it hurt again. I'm getting an xray when i get back to school, going to check the physical doctor. I'm thinking about avoiding squatting permantly, don't want to screw up the back when i age

OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OrdoAbchao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i have been getting relatively the same pain

i usually get it only after squats/leg press. It does not feel like a muscle strain, but i can feel it inside probably near the spine. It feels like a bruise. It is not extreme pain, but more annoying and sort of uncomfortable. I believe my squat form is correct and I am not using extremely heavy weight. What is the problem? The first time this happened probably 2 months ago I took a couple weeks off of squats/leg press and it went away, but it is back once again. Anything I can do to prevent this that doesn't involve dropping those exercises from my routine? I was thinking possibly a belt?
    What are you on about mate?

jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsfmt99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

I had a broken vertebrae and ruptured disk in my back so I have to be really careful. When I first starting doing squats I got lower back pain. Not a lot of pain but it was a red flag so I stopped. I got some great advice from a bodybuilding buddy of mine who also has back trouble and he had 2 vertebrae in his back fused. He told me to lay off the squats and do stiff leg bar or dumb bell deadlifts and hack squats instead. Thats what works best for me and since doing hacks and deads I dont get any back pain. As you know the key to this is to use and practice good form. I wear a belt, started from scratch and worked my way up and haven't had any problems.
    "Nothing is impossible"