Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

torn meniscus issues...

Hey guys, names Brendan, first post! woo...

Alright anyway, so June, 2006 in Basic Training I tore my medial meniscus, and seperated my hamstring with possible MCL tears showing in the MRI. Well, they put me in PT since they didnt want to lose new recruits, its the new army way, so after months and months of PT, early Sept. 2006 they checked my knee again in a MRI, which showed no injuries anymore, though it was scarred, so that showed that I had healed in the meniscus, and the gap in my hamstring was no longer there, so now I went back to basic, completed it, went on to AIT and graduated, and now Im home.

Ok, now to the reason for this post, during the last couple weeks of AIT, and the last couple months (Roughly late march to now) my knee has been sore during the days, just sitting around it aches, and now when I run or squat the pain flares, not as bad as it did when I hurt it the first time, and it went away after I would stop the work for a couple minutes. Now this is more pain then I had before when I recovered, I am wondering if I should be worried? Is there excerises I can do to help my knee strengthen to prevent this pain or just bring it down? Any advice is welcome.

couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) couldbaknee1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From what I understand, it'd be pretty rare for a torn meniscus to spontaneously heal without surgery. You should probably go see another doctor. Don't want to have a screwy knee all your life. Good luck.

j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i had the same injury minus the hamstring. I had to get surgery for it January 2008 and i'm still going to rehab for strength. Tore medial meniscus Oct. 07.

I went to PT from november to june, but it was all for healing pain and getting me to walk, and all the normal functions. I failed my functional strength test miserably because of no strength in legs, since i was held back. Now they switched me to a rehab built for athletes. My upper leg shrank so much in size due to lack of muscle use.

They snipped the torn medial meniscus (common procedure rather than re-attaching) and found other things. The MRI revealed a torn ACL as well. During surgery, ACL was intact, but they found floating tissue and had to scrape my knee.

You definitely need to get your knee checked out. You shouldn't get an MRI while your knee is swolen cuz it will block the images. I'm in the military too, and you should have the option for surgery. I would look for a reputable orthopedic surgeon though that insurance will cover, but i think you have to go to a military doctor since you're at AIT.

In summary, they found more **** wrong with my knee on day of surgery.
    Last edited by j. ViLLA; 07-30-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well i got me a line of duty while i was there so i can go to any doctor i want for this and the army will pay for it 100%. now I saw the MRI's, went through 3 different places (Fort Jackson, Fort Gordon, Fort Sam Houston) all showing scarring over where the tear used to be, they said I had a rare tear before it didnt split the mensicus in 2, but actually tore down the middle, without splitting it, so it was still in place, just with a hole in the center, which is common with twist injuries apparently, like I had, but whatever, im planning on seeing a doctor again, just to see if whats up, cause i am deploying in september, i dont want to go with a bum knee