jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re-feeding question for figure competitors

Hi Ladies,

I compete in figure and have some questions for ya'll on re-feeding. For my last contest I decided only about 11 weeks out from the show to compete and I was at about 22% BF. I got down to 11% BF by contest day but I never did a re-feed or ANY cheat days. Of course, by contest day I was going nuts with cravings, etc.

I will start my next contest prep on 1 August for a 1 November and 22 November show. Who here 're-feeds' and who 'cheats?' If you do one versus the other, have you tried both and do you see a benefit of either/or? I also need some advice on how to actually incorporate a re-feed. Recommended caloric intake? How often to do it in an 18-week contest prep? Etc?

Thanks!
    Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say.
    - Colonel Nathan R. Jessep (a.k.a. Jack Nicholson), A Few Good Men

rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't have any advice for you but I did want to congratulate you on the cut you did. Thats really amazing! Good Job
    I'll take a 6 pack of abs please!!!!

Obesession is simply a word lazy people use to describe the DEDICATED!!!!

www.teamscivation.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109701391

jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks, I appreciate it! It's always nice to hear. Your back is looking pretty good in your avitar!

rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rubes00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well thanks! My problem is losing the stubborn fat
    I'll take a 6 pack of abs please!!!!

Obesession is simply a word lazy people use to describe the DEDICATED!!!!

www.teamscivation.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109701391

Lifting Heavy!!! Scarl3tbutt3rfly's Avatar
    Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ive only done one contest prep so far. But I stopped having cheats at 12 weeks out. However, I didnt ever go completely no carb or anything until right at the end. If you do no carb or super low carb you may need a refeed with clean carbs..but I wouldnt recommend cheats during contest prep.

There are others on here with WAY more experience however, that might give you some better advice.
    You focus your mind to train your body, and the changes that begin to take place impact your mind as well. Dream it, believe it, and you will achieve it. ~Arnold Schwarzenegger, The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, 1998

Music is holy, Art is sacred, and Creativity is power

Vote for me! Vitrix Model Search-Vote HERE!!: http://www.vitrixmodelteam.com/index.php?option=com_modelsearch&controller=contestant&userid=233&filter_contest=14&Itemid=142#photoid=1938

Thanks for the thoughts. I guess I was just doing small re-feeds and probably need to up those a bit. I've never cheated before so it's probably not something I'd start doing now.

Thanks!

Fitness Factory IFBB Pro Beefcake Girl's Avatar
    Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beefcake Girl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do not take cheats if my body does not need them....when I contest prep, I diet hard and I do not give into cravings no matter what....it erases days if not weeks of hard work and I would be very irritated with myself if I did that!

I DO cheat when I am so lean that I need to hold onto some muscle and slow myself down a bit....but it is calculated and it's usually steak and a potato but no sweets. Other decent cheats are thin crust pizza with chicken and veggies or a chicken burrito from Chipotle. But it is ONE MEAL, not a day and not a binge. And usually I don't cheat at all til I am contest ready I may do it if I am doing multiple shows and trying to maintain but not before then...

I don't do refeeds either...I do not carb cycle, preferring to go on a steady diet that is the same every day and only changes every three weeks to keep my body stimulated.

I find I do better the longer I am away from foods that cause cravings for me...namely SUGAR!! But if I am super lean and I am told to eat a Blizzard, I will do it My trainer works things into our diets that help though...for girls with a sweet tooth, sometimes we get a shake or if we are further out from a show, a sugar free pudding or something. This helps.

I would say though, try to be tough and stick to a steady, consistent plan. If you do, you may not have to diet so long either...typical diets for figure girls that I know are about 12 weeks long...some, like mine, are shorter, even 6 weeks! You can do that if you work hard and stay strict when it counts

Good luck!
    2007 NPC Figure Class C National Champion
    IFBB PRO
    Optimum Nutrition Athlete
    VSX Team Trainer (Victoria's Secret Fitness)
    Fitness Factory Personal Trainer

"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

Thanks for the sound advice. I appreciate all the advice I can get.